XY OU MMG (the lux team)

Chadtherest00

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Here's my mmg team. Mmg stands for mamoswine, metagross, garchomp. It's a very solid team I've already ran a few practices with it and I've won locals with this team before. So let's get on with the team list. O I don't like to give my ev spread out. I know the rules say I have to. But if u guys can respect some of my privacy it be well appreciated.

Mamoswine
item:leftovers
Icicle spear
Earth quake
Stealth rock
Protect

Mamoswine is the tank of the team with maxed out psychical defense. N thick fat. He hardly ever gets
OHKO. I also switched out icicle crash for icicle spear. So I can have a way to deal with some sub.
Plus it's more accurate than icicle crash. The protect option is a very good tech choice. Seeing that I have other pokemon that have toxic, I can afford a one turn stall. Which usually pays off with the pokemon
Fainting to poison.

Metagross
Item:choice band
Bullet punch
Earth quake
Zen headbutt
Meteor mash

Metagrosss is another bluky tank. Another pokemon that's hard to OHKO. Choice band is my set due to the power it gets. Zen headbutt also puts in work

Garchomp
Item:choice scarf
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire fang
Iron tail

Aw the choice scarf garchomp. Garchomp was always me n my neighbors favorite since the fourth gen. He bulky, strong, n has a well rounded move, the iron tail is for the fairy threat which is very real. Being that every is running iron tail.

Jirachi
Item:choice scarf
Drain punch
Fire punch
Ice punch
Thunder punch

Jirachi well I started using him for his punches n it has it's pros n cons. The thing bout it is you have make sure your opponent is at least at a 1/3 of his hp in order for this lil guy to sweep it. It's not too bad seeing that it will get the first turn move due to scarf

Blissery
Item:leftovers
Ice beam
Toxic
Armormathoerphy
Soft boil

The support. She really helps the team against special attackers. Due to her ridiculous hp. I'm using toxic over t wave. Only because toxic can lead to some serious damage for the other team if I get rid of their healer.

Talonflame
Item:sitrus berry
Acrobatics
Flare blitz
Roost
Swords dance

I'm thinking bout switching this to a focus sash version. Just mostly because I can get the +1 from acro n a swords dance. I've also gotten into some matches where I'm pretty low on hp but I still manage to heal all the way due to roost.

Feel free to rate n tell me what y'all think

Last edited:
"When making a RMT please follow these simple rules:
#1 Don't post incomplete teams, this means having all six Pokemon with EV spreads and moves;
#2 Have at least three lines of information about each Pokemon, you need to justify why you chose a particular pokemon instead of just telling us that Swords Dance boosts attack
#3 Only make one new RMT per two weeks, additionally don't "bump" your team more than once;
#4 Use a readable format (PO or PS importable are good) and layout (no annoying fonts, colors etc);
#5 Make sure your team is competitive (no troll teams etc), also make sure to have tested it before making an RMT."

A threat lists also helps. How do you handle entry hazards? Azumarill looks like a pain

Chadtherest00

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Entry hazards are too hard to deal with if I keep my switching to a minimal. The thing that I like is that stealth rock can give me the early turn sitrus berry. So acro will do more damage.

I ran into one azumarill n the guy didn't lead with it so I had hazards up n he ran into a toxic. But yeah that is a pretty common threat
To the team. Wuld u happen to have any suggestions. The pokemon I'm willing to trade out are jirachi n talonflame

It would help if I knew your abilities/evs/natures etc, but here goes anyway.
On mamoswine, run ice shard over protect. Never use mamoswine without ice shard, as the priority is extremely useful with mamoswines mediocre base 80 speed. Also, life orb or focus sash > leftovers. I would switch out metagross, because he is simply outclassed in ou. Currently you have 0 special attackers, so you are basically fucked over by physical walls like slowbro, who pretty much 1v6's you right now. On garchomp, switch to a hasty/naive nature and switch fire fang for fire blast, and iron tail for stone edge. Iron tail is horribly inaccurate, and isn't very useful overall. Also, half of your team is choiced, which could cause some problems. I'm not sure why you are running scarfed jirachi without iron head, oru-turn, but I would honestly probably switch out jirachi for a special attacker as well. Chansey > blissey with eviolite, and blissey/chansey have terrible attack stats, so use seismic toss > ice beam. Also, talonflame isn't that good with sitrus berry. I would suggest sharp beak and brave bird > acrobatics, since the damage is essential. Lastly, you have no way to deal with entry hazards, and that is a massive problem when you're running talonflame. Maybe switch out Metagross for a defensive zapdos who could hit slowbro, skarmory, and other physical walls while having defog support.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

32 speed evs let you outspeed jolly t-tar, and adamant base 70's like bisharp/breloom.

Chadtherest00

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
It wouldn't be mmg without metagross

Mug stands for metagross, mamoswine, garchomp. And the rest of the team are just rough picks. But I've already switched out the other three for rotom mow, heatran, n sable eye

I'll post up their stats and everything later right now I wanna relax a bit from writing.

But Incase you need an explanation as to why I picked those three

Rotom mow is the check to rotom wash. He can take a will o wisp he's attack power won't drop n it's perfect for out speeding
Verious things In current showdown meta. (with choice scarf of course)

Sable eye is there because we know how annoying sable eye can be when you don't have a fire type.

N heatran is a good meta stable so u know imma run it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)