Mobile Showdown - Now released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What waaa?!
After traveling a lot over the past few months, I decided to create a Pokemon Showdown version for mobile devices, since the original one looked pretty bad on iPhone 5. I forked their respiratory on GitHub, and threw together something I called Mobile Showdown. By default it looks best on an iPhone screen, so I am unsure of the way it looks on other devices.

The GitHub
Repository

https://github.com/Mimerme/Pokemon-Showdown-Client

If your interested in reading the code, don't. It's the same exact thing as the original client, just with the numbers and variables tinkered with. However this "project" shows that making a mobile showdown isn't really that hard, I made this in less than a week at camp. I need someone to either contribute to the project or make a fork of it. I will most likely not maintain this project in a few days when camp ends, so I need someone to keep an eye on it for me.

Playing Pokemanz
Go to
the original Showdown site and log in on your mobile phone(private mode off)
then go to
http://mobileshowdown.comze.com/
OR
http://mobileshowdown-dev.tk/
after that copy and paste everything from the upper box into the lower box then press submit (you have to)
then press look for battle and start playing!!

PS: If an add pops up reload the page
PSS: This works best on Safari

Not to insult your work but I can't see vary many differences between this and using PS! On your browser on your phone. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe it'd be helpful if you posted below with some changes/optimisations you've made so that PS! can be played easily on mobile devices.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Not to insult your work but I can't see vary many differences between this and using PS! On your browser on your phone. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe it'd be helpful if you posted below with some changes/optimisations you've made so that PS! can be played easily on mobile devices.
What device are you using?

Works great, looks awesome. Maybe but the own HP-bar to the bottom right so that the left side isn't crowded.

Go implement it 'errbody, naow.

Basically the website fits on mobile devices better.
Also, there aren't supposed to be that many differences, just a new UI.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but this isn't loading for me.
Probably because the server is being overfilled with so many requests that it might take a bit/a lot longer to load the page, just wait a bit or try again later.

So I know nobody has posted on here in awhile, but I was using this on my laptop to get around my schools blocker and I noticed that battling doesn't work.

The last post on the thread was over a year ago and the creator of the thread was last active 9 months ago, no idea why you're bumping this thread now. Ps even has a UI thats optimized for phone browsers now, I suggest you try that out.

I'll be closing this now.

edit at 14/11/15: With raven's bump, I realize that you wanted to use something that was built for phones on your laptop so that's probably why it didn't work. Also, the fact that the creator hasn't been active for 9 months means that he probably ended up abandoning the project or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)