SM OU Modern LeleZam (Peaked #13 on Ladder)

Modern LeleZam

Proof.png

got bored of laddering and I'm getting busier to try to get 1, and this gen is ending anyway, also I wanted to share this before this gen ending.

Hello, I want to share my favourite build of mine in this tier, tried to build something around Specs Lele because it's good and ended being in a pretty good build and very anti-meta.

The building process:

Tried to build something around Specs Lele because at the time it OHKO most Gliscor versions with Psychic, now they run more SDef and they don't get KO'd but still pretty good mon

Paried it with Scarf Lando-T because it can lure stuff like Rotom and Gliscor so we can U-turn into Lele

Then I knew I wanted SDef Kommo-o because I wanted to cover Volcarona + Heatran + Gren + Having SR + Checking Kart in one slot, super amazing mon honestly

I wanted Magearna because I needed a solid check for other Leles, mainly because Ditto is really popular and you don't want to get sweeped by it, coulda put Celesteela but I don't like using it, undecided about the set yet.

I needed a Defogger to support Lele and Something to Switch-in into Mega Swampert, enter Rotom-Wash

Needed some speed, something to Outspeed Lopunny, Check Tran, and just works really well with Lele and Psychic Terrain, didn't try to make a LeleZam team but ended making one anyway, also decided that the Magearna set would be CM Split because can run the bulk to check Ditto transformed into Lele and SD Normalium Kart and also can potentially nuke steels like Ferrothorn, while something like Heart Swap or AV would be too passive.

I really liked the team but I disliked the fact of being weak to stuff like SG Magearna or DD Zard-X, I decided to test Ditto and I just really liked on the team, is just such an strong mon, not having a Electric inmunity can suck but I can live w it

Ordered alphabetically because I can

The Team:

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off / Taunt / Shadow Ball
- Recover

Everyone knows how good this mon is, it helps my team against Tran and Lop, I'm just gonna explain why Knock Off / Taunt, Knock Off helps against his usual Counters, especially Celesteela, but also Chansey, AV Mag, and SDef Tran, which helps Lele to break more easily, Taunt is really good against Latias, especially CM, and also works against Chansey, I honestly love using Taunt, I think is an underrated option on this mon and I think is a really good option, Latias teams can be annoying for this team because can be hard to break the Lati/Tran core, so depends what you want to beat, Shadow Ball is still a good option if you want to run it.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Transform

Best Revenge Killer in the tier, does amazing against set-up mons, I would be 6-0d by stuff like SG Mag, DD Zard-X or Celebrate Victini if it wasn't for this, running HP Ice instead of Ground because I care more about revenge killing things like Thundurus-T or Serp than trapping Zone honestly

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Toxic

I stoled this set from the Snake thread in the OU forums, is really good and fits my team really well, I like Flamethrower + EQ because I can threaten things like Ferro, Kartana, Skarmory, Koko and Heatran better and still being able to check AshGren, Volc, Serperior, Zard-Y and others while also providing me Rocks, really good glue for the team.

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 104 SpA / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt

As I said before I wanted this to check Lele and Ditto transformed into my Lele, but does a lot more than that, is amazing as breaking walls so my Psychic core can clean the rest, it does really well against stall and checks a lot of threats like MZam and Kartana, the EVs allows me to survive +2 HJK from Hawlucha after rocks (otherwise 6-0s me) and to tank Fake Out + HJK from Medicham, tanking EQs better is also really nice

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

The Defogger, I need Defog because I'm using Lele who gets hit by all the hazard, and this is the best one for my team because I need something that Switchs into Swampert and Lando-T, I kinda don't like the set, I prefer the Leftovers Pain Split one, but I need Defog and I need Wisp so Ferro doesn't became unbearable for me, stil does what it has to do.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Amazing breaker, always can claim one by just clicking the right move, Psychic Terrain is also really good on this particular team because my team doesn't run priority and stuff like Mawile and MZor can be just unbearable without it, and obviously the amazing synergy with Zam,

Threats:

Tapu Koko: Specially Specs Koko, I don't have anything that covers both Tbolt or Dazzling Gleam, best way to beat it is chip + try to RK with zam, if it is HP Ice instead of Dazzling Kommo-o handles it with ease

M-Mawile: Most of the time kills something and you can't do anything about it so try to choose wisely I guess

Celesteela: Really annoying especially without Knock on Zam, try to win those 50/50 that this mon forces

Jirachi: Psychic Spam vs SDef Rachi is just sad, luckily I almost never see it

M-Medicham: Can be really annoying especially with Hazards, Lele at full beats it 1vs1 and outspeeds if adamant so take that in account

Why I like this team:

The main reason of why I like to use this team is because it can beat most "cheesy" playstyles with relative ease

Rain: Rain is a really good matchup, mainly because Alakazam and Magearna are really threatning against it, especially Mag usually Claims one and then the rest of the team can handle the rain more easily, Ditto is also really good in this mu, Kommo-o and Rotom-W checks most of the threats on rain, Manaphy can be annoying but only switches in Kommo-o but the rest can handle it well,

TLDR: this team is super threatning to rain and rain is not that threatning against this team

Stall: CM Split Mag + Specs Lele does a lot of work against Stall, Zam with taunt can do work against not Sab stalls, sometimes CM Split Mag straight 6-0s some stalls.

Sun: Kommo-o is really good against Venusaur, as well as Ditto and Zam, some Sun have hard time against Psychic Spam, CB Victini in sun can be really annoying tho it they run it be careful against it

HO: Save Magearna for Hawlucha and you should be fine most of the time especially w Ditto and Zam,

Importable:

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- Recover

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Transform

Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 104 SpA / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:

Alstone

Banned deucer.
Ditto is cool, although why not Specially Defensive Hippowdon over it?

hippowdon.gif

Hippowdon @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

This is still pretty cool vs all the stuff you mentioned that ditto can beat. I gave it Stone Edge for random Volcarona as well. Whilwind is great for random things and stuff. And you have a Tapo Koko counter as well.

Cool team!

Pretty solid team, congrats on making it that high on the ladder. Also, I like your drawings, but why is rotom so T A L L
Thanks, the drawings aren't mine I just searched them in google and looked funny.

View attachment 204854

Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

This is still pretty cool vs all the stuff you mentioned that ditto can beat. I gave it Stone Edge for random Volcarona as well. Whilwind is great for random things and stuff. And you have a Tapo Koko counter as well.

Cool team!
Thanks for the rate!, About Hippo I just think is too passive and slow for the team, like stuff like Ferrothorn, Kartana can come in and set up Spikes/SD respectively, Gliscor can come in for free and Toxic something, stuff like that, and only having Alakazam as my only Fast mon is just not good, like covering more threats is cool making the team more passive is just gonna make the team worse at the end.

View attachment 204854

Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Cool team!
that's such a weird addition, hippo only belongs on dedicated sand teams imo otherwise it's just outclassed by ttar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)