Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer Discussion

Right now the only have Double EXP for the DLC maps. After this weekend it's possible they will migrate the Double EXP to all the playlists.

Or that's what they did for CoD4 when the DLC came out.

I'm actually really liking the new maps, makes me forget how many flaws the game actually has.

Anyone have any idea when this dlc hits the PS3, I'm not playing too much anymore but i'll play a bit more when the maps come out, so i'm curious as to when that is. (please don't be finals week)

Anyone have any idea when this dlc hits the PS3, I'm not playing too much anymore but i'll play a bit more when the maps come out, so i'm curious as to when that is. (please don't be finals week)

IIRC, Microsoft have exclusivity for 2 weeks, so if that's right (but don't quote me on it), it'll be the 13th of April.

One thing I'm happy about is that the Activision listened to player feedback and put the new maps into the normal playlists earlier than usual instead of that Mosh Pit type crap. Can't believe something on MW2 has actually gone right for once :D

Edit: Scrap that, apparently it's a 30 day exclusive, so it should be right at the end of April / very early May.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Is it just me or have ump/spas classes become really really popular? I was using a class like it a while ago, but I was just noticing in the dlc playlist, it seemed like all anyone was using.

Yeah for the past three or so weeks UMPs have been taking over search and destroy. It's a big pain in the ass for people using lmgs and riot shields (yay pretty much just me) but other then that it's not so bad.

every search game i play there's at least two silenced ump kids. (and heartbeatsensor AR noobs and some wannabe pro thermal sniper, but i digress.)

what do you guys run as your blue perk if you're playing search? i've found marathon to be the best, you don't need scavenger, and slight of hand is situational imo. faster ads is nice and quick reloading yeah, but open firefights are rare on search, and tbh if you're fired on first you're probably a goner

VKCA

Is it just me or is there an influx of newbs from the DLC?
Agreed, although occasionally I'll run into a whole lobby of tenth prestige kids nubetubing...
I never realized how few people played the last game. While playing crash/overgrown nobody ever knows any of the most well known camping spots from the last game. Every time I play overgrown I just camp on the roof with a m107(man I miss the m21) and rarely does it seem like anybody intentionally finds me and kills me.

I should write down the stats of my games on Overgrown, seriously the people must have never played CoD4 at all. Anytime I play it I sit on top of Grandma's House the whole game and go at least +50 every time. Highest was 81-12, and I've also had some 48-3 type games.

And my Xbox still freezes probably every other game. It only happens when playing MW2, so maybe something with the FPS makes it freeze? I know CoD4 was the cause of my first Xbox breaking. Quite annoying considering some games where I get 10,000+ EXP doesn't even register and I have to do it again.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is it just me or did they really cut the match bonus for demolition?

Also I prestiged, I'm level 5 right now.

Are the Map Packs for 360 running properly again? They were apparently down for a while. Can't wait for the PS3 DLC.

I'm a 1st Prestige 70 right now, and I want to Prestige again because it makes the game fun and keeps me playing it, but at the same time I want to keep all my stuff. The other problem is that the 2nd and 3rd prestige's both look really ugly so I have to keep going until at least the 4th.

Help.

Unfortunately you can't keep your old stuff. Ever consider making a totally new PSN/Live account and ranking up again? But then you won't be able to keep your stuff anyway.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Yeah I just started 2nd prestige because it will be way easier to finish it with Double EXP, so if you want to finish them and fast I think its a good idea to start while Double EXP is going.

VKCA

I should write down the stats of my games on Overgrown, seriously the people must have never played CoD4 at all. Anytime I play it I sit on top of Grandma's House the whole game and go at least +50 every time. Highest was 81-12, and I've also had some 48-3 type games.

And my Xbox still freezes probably every other game. It only happens when playing MW2, so maybe something with the FPS makes it freeze? I know CoD4 was the cause of my first Xbox breaking. Quite annoying considering some games where I get 10,000+ EXP doesn't even register and I have to do it again.
Have you tried installing the game to your hard drive? NFS shift always froze on me until I installed it to my hard drive.

about 19 right now, it's nice being able to level again. (and playing something else besides free for all is really getting me back into the game)

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Playing this a bit more now that the new maps are out. Better then I remember, it's also nice that there's Douple EXP this weekend.

Dude, for all the problems this game has and has ever had, I am happy, I have bailout.
I'm pretty sure this is the best map ever created besides maybe wake island on 1942. It is so much ridiculous fun I cannot find any game type that is bad on it. Even capture the flag and demolition are amazing... it's just so good

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm quite surprised at how many of you are willing to pay $15 for 3 new maps and 2 maps you've already played. Meh, this is part of the reason I don't play multiplayer games on consoles I guess =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)