Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer Discussion

so yeah, this game is incredible, i'm like level 15 or something, and i'm loving it so far. the sheer amount of customisation is crazy!

anyway, discuss. favorite weapons, maps etc. so far?

EDIT: Please don't compare this to pokemon, okay?

I've been running around with the FAMAS With Holo. Been doing really well. Its sick. i like Holo More than Red Dot. But I think its a preference thing.
Machine Pistol Rapes. Only other Gun I've really used is the M4 which is solid.

My Favorite maps are Favela, Terminal. Skidrow, and Highrise. Terminal is #1 for sure

Everyone is running around with either the Famas or the m4, reminds me too much of cod4.
I've been running around with riot shield/shotgun, whole lotta fun on the small maps. Also the machine pistols are siiick, love the glock. My favorite map is either scrapyard or Favala, tons of small places to shotgun, haha.
The scar is my favorite assult rifle so far, it's pretty cool. I'm using the bolt action rifle, which my only complaint is that cocking it gives you crazy kickback.

You're annoyed people are using the best guns? It's a competitive shooter, better find a new game if that bothers you.

Anyways K/D right now is 2.35, somewhere around a level 25 can't remember exactly.

I haven't got the game but I'm skeptical of both death streaks, wtf is the deal with that, and even more WTF is the 25 kill streak unlocking an auto-end-game Nuke. It seems to me these things were added for the sake of having to add something to the sequel.

Have they had a significant impact on the game or are my fears unneccessary?

Also what are the best guns what are the snipers like and any cool new perks?

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice find rekt, watching the guy for awhile. Game looks amazing

You're annoyed people are using the best guns? It's a competitive shooter, better find a new game if that bothers you.
No, I'm annoyed that people don't broaden their horizons more.

Also the Riot shield is fucking boss in hardcore, I've gotten up to a harrier strike with just crush kills, it's ridiculously funny just to chase people into a corner and bash the fuck out of them.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok I don't know if its just the fact it is new or what, but my god the camping is retarded.

Also is the FAMAS the new MP40 or are people using it for easy kills?

Btw, Thermal Barrett is amazing ^^.

No, I'm annoyed that people don't broaden their horizons more.

Also the Riot shield is fucking boss in hardcore, I've gotten up to a harrier strike with just crush kills, it's ridiculously funny just to chase people into a corner and bash the fuck out of them.
Broadening Horizons doesn't win games. Thats like using UU pokemon in OU just 'cause

It pretty much goes to say that guns that aren't necessarily as good as the common, best guns are still usable and are able to compete with the best of them.

Update.

Level 38 K/D is 2.46

Favorite guns so far are:

Famas w/ Holographic & FMJ
G18
Frag/2 Stuns
1. Bling Pro
2. Stopping Power Pro
3. Stead Aim Pro
Painkiller

Vector w/ Holographic
G18
Frag/2 Stuns
1. Scavenger
2. Stopping Power Pro
3. Ninja

I would put Ninja on my Famas except right now the people that are playing are all casual gamers so I don't have to worry about them hearing me with headphones, but I can hear them running around really easily. Also Silenced Famas is really good. Vector reminds me a lot of the AK74 from CoD4 which is probably why I like it.

Good news for Modern Warfare 2 Boycotters/Pirates

Scene groups are already working on tweaking MW2

1. Adding multiplayer support
2. Bypassing IW.NET to host dedicated servers/Hamachi lan play
3. Increasing player cap from 18 to possibly 32
4. Modders are coding a patch to add lean (apparently it's very similar to COD4/COD:WaW so this should be out very soon)

Big thanks to Teknogods for working on the multiplayer crack which should be fully compatible within two weeks.

Looks like pirates win, yet again.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Comparing CoD to Pokemon is stupid lol, since Pokemon is pretty one-dimensional compared to CoD.

I understand what you're saying, but your comparison was pretty bad, seeing as there are quite a few UU pokemon that can perform well in OU.
Note how I didn't say "Use UU pokemon in OU because they are useful or fill a niche void in your team"

Using something for the novelty of it being different doesn't win games. Innovation may win games. But originality doesn't.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I am pleased that they added level up to split screen. It was always such a bummer playing with friends and being restricted to 10 unchangeable classes.
my win loss was 8 just when I got the game because I went on an 8 game spree, but then the severs lagged out on me. My win/loss is like 1.25 now, which is pretty good for me considering how terrible I am at the game. Am I the only who has been having a lot of trouble with finding/playing games? It always takes forever to find a match...

Okay, I've got 17 or so hours logged on multiplayer so far, I'm about level 43.

Right, regarding Guns, it's clear that Assault Rifles are the dominating class, and for good reason. The FAMAS and Scar-H make incredible low-level guns, to the point that I get fairly irritated with the amount of SCAR's around, but who's to blame the users, when you are a low level, there's really not that much else to use. I also unlocked the M16A4 and I'm sorry to say that it really has not changed a bit. It's still as powerful as it was in COD4, and it's gonna be really annoying when everyone hits level 40, for sure.

As for SMGs, I really don't like any of them other than the P90, which while it has been downgraded a little, is still awesome, to the point that I have Blue Tiger on it, and am about 17 bullet penetration kills from Mastery. Mini Uzi next level might be alright, who knows.

LMGs are still good, but I never really use them, so I can't say much. One of my nub friends pretty much whores the RPD though, and he seems to do pretty well.

Snipers are sweet, obv the Barrett is incredible as it is the balanced all-round Sniper most people are used to, and works well with pretty much any attachment. However, the ACOG on the Intervention and the WA2000, which are the only two other snipers I have unlocked, is incredible. The Intervention works as the slow firing, one hit kill sniper and the WA2000 the quick firing, two hit kill, but both barely recoil at all with an ACOG, and I've gotten a couple a triples so far with I think one triple from both of the ACOG snipers.

Riot Shield works wonders if you have a teammate stick with you, and even then only really on maps like Terminal with narrow corridors. SEMTEX grenades go well with them I've found, mainly 'cause a lot of people switch to Riot Shield themselves when I am using it, meaning I can just stick them and run away ^_________^

I'll talk about Perks when I get them all Pro and Killstreaks when I unlock them all.

Man this game looks pretty good, just a quick question, to someone who just recently became a pc gamer and never played COD4 on the pc, is MW2 for the PC really as bad as everyone is saying?

I know most of the bad comments come from boycotters, but since I have a PC, 360, and PS3, would it be a wiser choice to go for the console version?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Man this game looks pretty good, just a quick question, to someone who just recently became a pc gamer and never played COD4 on the pc, is MW2 for the PC really as bad as everyone is saying?
MW2 is as bad as the console versions of the game. If you have a PC that can run it, it'll be the best version to play it on, just don't expect it to hold up against other PC shooters.

Also, it might be a tad easier due to the better controls on PC.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
^ Its that. Apparently the PC version has no console, so you can't edit the "hard to reach" graphics options, or adjust your field of view. That and no dedicated servers (introducing host advantage, difficulty of clans doing well, no mods) just makes everything worse.

Also, the questions session with IW and their attempts to avoid any PC related questions just adds to it.

Anyways K/D right now is 2.35, somewhere around a level 25 can't remember exactly.
Dohoho competitive shooter with no dedicated servers.

I really hope you guys didn't buy it for pc :(

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
So the only reason PC users are upset is because they have to pay the same price as everyone else for the same game?
edit: Alright I was really confused there, thanks for clearing that up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)