Modern Warfare 3

I've also started playing MW2 again and it is fun as hell (but fuck the ACOG challenge for the F2000, damn). I haven't touched MW3 in a few weeks. :/

My friend is trying to convert me to Battlefield and I have to admit that I was satisfied by the shotguns that are almost realistic (well, sometimes)...but I'm still turned off by the bullet damage/slow pace of that game.
I hate hearing that really, slow place? So you need constant action and rewards for everything you do? Don't you play other games like Pokemon, RPG's, etc that don't have constant action?

watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H49Jp9FgwwY&feature=relmfu

and tell me how slow paced that is, not only that, but how much more impressive it is when nearly every shot is a headshot.

or how about the sheer insanity of this kill?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOaGhE_sejI

How about being stuck in a building as all 24 people duke it out in that same area, with the walls being blown out, tanks rumbling in, and firefights literally every second?

I've seen jets crash into tanks that were about to kill me, I've driven tanks straight through entire buildings running over like 5 people in the process and collapsing the building afterwards. I've seen people sniped out of helicopters, I've seen headshots at over 1000 meters. I've engaged in firefights so fierce that by the end of the game all 24 people had 30 plus kills.

Not to mention the time I no scope headshot a helicopter pilot while parachuting. (by accident I might add)

Forget playing solo, play the game with friends, find a good team and watch as you annihilate every single game. That jet causing you trouble? have a friend take it out. someone camping? Your buddy can RPG and blow up the wall and the camper.

The reward in battlefield is a win, the fun is in achieving that.

If you find the pace of the game slow, clearly you aren't playing the game right. Battlefield can offer some of the most frantic non stop action avaliable, as well as offering more measured battles. Is it a slower pace then COD over all?

Well duh, yeah, but is it a slow paced game? Not by any means, it's just a different game is all. You should appreciate a game because of what it offers, not just because the shotguns work or whatever. If you approach the game thinking COD, it isn't going to be as fun. If you approach the game caring about your K/D don't even bother playing the game.

Now that being said, I borrowed MW3 and almost immediately gave it back. Not worth it. It's not a bad game, not at all, it's just to much of the same, and to not worth it in my opinion. Like I said, I'd give it a solid 8 or something, because the SP was really really fun, but overall it isn't for me.

Back to playing COD4 ^^

Like I said, I'm turned off by the slow pace. If you're not, good for you, but in all of my experience with this game it just doesn't keep me entertained, and I rarely play Xbox sober anymore so this problem is amplified.

Like I said, I'm turned off by the slow pace. If you're not, good for you, but in all of my experience with this game it just doesn't keep me entertained, and I rarely play Xbox sober anymore so this problem is amplified.
Which is fine because that's up to the person, but I'm just tired of people saying the entire game is like that. It isn't.

As for playing drunk, have you tried driving a vehicle in that game? I've seen some hilarious results from drunk people. (Once saw like, 10 people commit suicide from one bad driver) :naughty:

Which is fine because that's up to the person, but I'm just tired of people saying the entire game is like that. It isn't.

As for playing drunk, have you tried driving a vehicle in that game? I've seen some hilarious results from drunk people. (Once saw like, 10 people commit suicide from one bad driver) :naughty:
I'm not saying the entire game is, just the multiplayer that I've played several times is noticeably slow paced compared to other shooters, and that aspect above all makes COD preferable to me.

I have never operated a vehicle in that game, but I wouldn't get that much enjoyment from doing nothing but murder-suicides the majority of the time. (Disclaimer: I typed that stoned so its logic/coherence might not hold up. Edit: It did.)

The AK-47 is my favorite assault rifle for me because it is a cool weapon and I think it has the best killing potential.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I hate hearing that really, slow place? So you need constant action and rewards for everything you do? Don't you play other games like Pokemon, RPG's, etc that don't have constant action?

watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H49Jp9FgwwY&feature=relmfu

and tell me how slow paced that is, not only that, but how much more impressive it is when nearly every shot is a headshot.

or how about the sheer insanity of this kill?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOaGhE_sejI

How about being stuck in a building as all 24 people duke it out in that same area, with the walls being blown out, tanks rumbling in, and firefights literally every second?

I've seen jets crash into tanks that were about to kill me, I've driven tanks straight through entire buildings running over like 5 people in the process and collapsing the building afterwards. I've seen people sniped out of helicopters, I've seen headshots at over 1000 meters. I've engaged in firefights so fierce that by the end of the game all 24 people had 30 plus kills.

Not to mention the time I no scope headshot a helicopter pilot while parachuting. (by accident I might add)

Forget playing solo, play the game with friends, find a good team and watch as you annihilate every single game. That jet causing you trouble? have a friend take it out. someone camping? Your buddy can RPG and blow up the wall and the camper.

The reward in battlefield is a win, the fun is in achieving that.

If you find the pace of the game slow, clearly you aren't playing the game right. Battlefield can offer some of the most frantic non stop action avaliable, as well as offering more measured battles. Is it a slower pace then COD over all?

Well duh, yeah, but is it a slow paced game? Not by any means, it's just a different game is all. You should appreciate a game because of what it offers, not just because the shotguns work or whatever. If you approach the game thinking COD, it isn't going to be as fun. If you approach the game caring about your K/D don't even bother playing the game.

Now that being said, I borrowed MW3 and almost immediately gave it back. Not worth it. It's not a bad game, not at all, it's just to much of the same, and to not worth it in my opinion. Like I said, I'd give it a solid 8 or something, because the SP was really really fun, but overall it isn't for me.

Back to playing COD4 ^^
I disagree. Yeah I'm gonna call you out on it, because I have met NOBODY, I mean NOBODY, who plays a FPS shooting game and didn't care about K/D. Same goes with Battlefield. If you're playing the game to "have fun" which means, in your terms, to get killed all the time and not care about K/D, why are you even playing a shooting game? If the game wasn't based to care about K/D, then numbers wouldn't even have a role in this game, let alone points.

And yeah, I've played Battlefield before, and overall it's a sluggish game. Half the time you can't use the vehicles because everybody has them on. It has the type of maps a good sniper can be successful in without much effort (for every single map). The machine guns are pretty decent, but it's pretty unrealistic; you don't suppose in real life I have to unload a clip on you to kill you successfully right?

You kinda sound like you have a rough time with Call of Duty games.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
See all this post right here, is straight up hating. Yeah I'm gonna call you out on it, because I have met NOBODY, I mean NOBODY, who plays a FPS shooting game and didn't care about K/D. Same goes with Battlefield. If you're playing the game to "have fun" which means, in your terms, to get killed all the time and not care about K/D, why are you even playing a shooting game? If the game wasn't based to care about K/D, then numbers wouldn't even have a role in this game, let alone points.

You kinda sound like you have a rough time with Call of Duty games.
Battlefield actually bases itself more around who has the higher score more than the actual K/D ratio. I know that I could go like, oh I don't know, 4 and 12 for example in Battlefield and I can be one of the top scorers in the game. The main reason is because of the different objectives.

I've also met many people who have played FPS games and didn't care about K/D. A lot of my friends, while they were pretty decent (myself included after my weird stumbles), didn't care about it so much because we tried to be with objectives more than anything like in Capture the Flag or Search and Destroy. Oh yes, sure, in TDM we definitely cared about our K/D ratio, but that's because it was the main objective over anything else. Battlefield doesn't even count K/D all that much in TDM - it's still ranked by total score obtained.

Just pointing it out. Not trying to stir shit.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Battlefield actually bases itself more around who has the higher score more than the actual K/D ratio. I know that I could go like, oh I don't know, 4 and 12 for example in Battlefield and I can be one of the top scorers in the game. The main reason is because of the different objectives.

I've also met many people who have played FPS games and didn't care about K/D. A lot of my friends, while they were pretty decent (myself included after my weird stumbles), didn't care about it so much because we tried to be with objectives more than anything like in Capture the Flag or Search and Destroy. Oh yes, sure, in TDM we definitely cared about our K/D ratio, but that's because it was the main objective over anything else. Battlefield doesn't even count K/D all that much in TDM - it's still ranked by total score obtained.

Just pointing it out. Not trying to stir shit.
It's cool everybody in entitled to their opinion. Even in Capture the Flag though, I try to keep my game up. I pretty much focus on eliminating mostly everything. But I mean the reason why they even have a K/D ratio is too keep your game stepped up, but I guess we play for the wrong reason.

Either I think I'm too competitive, or the people around me are competitive as fuck. I think it's both.

I'm glad we can discuss the differences between games without resorting to insults, I'm not intending to start any fights FYI.

The only stat you should care about in battlefield is your Win/loss ratio. I can't really argue much more on the "slow" factor, either you've been in an intense firefight many many times in battlefield (many lasting continually for the usual 18 minutes per match) or you haven't.

As for the W/L thing, that brings a quote to my mind "if you aren't dying for the objective, you're doing it wrong."

In battlefield, I've committed suicide many times to make sure that tank didn't kill another one of my teammates by blowing up the C4 early. I frequently make myself an obvious target when someone is arming an M-Com station, or stand in front of someone who is disarming. I play for the objective, deaths be damned. And you know what?

I have a solid 2.43 K/D (and if you think that's bad, try playing BF continually and see how good your K/D is, I bet it'll be negative or hover around their for quite some time in the beginning) in that game, and my W/L is someone in the mid 3's. My point is, the best players in the game are all team players. Does that mean someone who doesn't have a good k/D a bad player? Not in Battlefield, if you even make a marginal effort towards team play you are rewarded immensely, perhaps with a win. As a matter of fact, when was the last time you had a good time going negative in COD? I can go negative in BF sure and it sucks because I didn't quite operate the best I could have, but then I remember that triple kill I got by collapsing a building on a bunch of campers and I feel better immediately.

I find it unfortunate that you don't like that side of gaming, but it's your opinion. I respect your not liking BF, and your reasons as to why. But I hope you can understand why others do like the game.

And for the record, I don't hate COD, I just want it to be the best game it can, and I don't think that's happened since COD4.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
To some extent, I agree with your post. And for the record; I don't hate Battlefield, I actually love sniping in the game, hence why I said a good sniper in that game can wreck havoc with ease due to the abnormally large maps.

I guess the reason why you don't worry much about K/D is because Battlefield doesn't have any K/D specific games. And I'll admit, I don't even know what the objective is in that game when playing online, all I hear is some sort of bomb diffusing. I mostly play sniper because it's what I love doing, and Battlefield gives it a realistic touch. But other than that, I don't really like doing anything else in that game.

CoD is an arcade type shooter meant to be as fast paced as possible
Battlefield is meant to be as realistic as possible

not comparable imo

*venom,do you know how to spot enemies? Your job as a sniper is to recon, not just snipe, otherwise it would be call "sniper" =[ Not even knowing what the objective is...I don't know man. I guess that comes with being a much more popular game, but you should always try to be a team player even if its just spotting. Believe me, I'm extremely efficient at the Recon Class, and so I can say with some authority playing with the objective in mind nets you way more points, and way more kills. Not to mention playing as a team is the most rewarding feeling the game offers when you completely steam roll the opposing team ^^ (What system do you play on? 360? PS3? PC?) *YTP I'm a massive battlefield fan, but don't make me laugh. Battlefield strives to be realistic sure, but most importantly fun. Magic repair tools? reviving someone who was shot in the head with paddles? parachutes that magically appear? Medkits that regenerate health? Oh, and not to mention operating reloading, movement, and firing of tanks with one person as well as the exaggerated destruction elements and tons more things? Fun>Realism. DICE themselves said that. And they are comparable, that's why this conversation is being held. oranges and apples are still fruits and you can discuss that. we are discussing what makes both games enjoyable and what we prefer in each game. It's not a deathmatch.

CoD in general is much more arcadey than Battlefield is. Of course it can't be completely realistic or else you would have to buy a new game to respawn..CoD has perks like Marathon/Extreme Conditioning that allow you to run endlessly, Dead Silence that allows you to jump of 4 story buildings without a problem, 7 Killstreaks getting you multimillion dollar aircrafts, and throwing knives that kill you when they hit your toe -.-

New DLC maps revealed. Piazza (more of the same clusterfuck we already have) and Liberation (looks like theres some actual space in it, hope it's good). Google it.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I hate Call of Duty's DLC maps. All of them have turned out to be shitty. I'll only get a DLC if it ever has Rust, Terminal, Scrapyard, from MW2.

I don't know, the MW3 maps look like they took a square and dumped random shit into it.

Shipment is probably the smallest COD map ever made, but it was WELL made for being so small you can tell it when you play it. These new maps...I don't know it's not the same. Small yes, well made? not in my opinion.

XM25, is that the grenade launcher thing?

I don't know, the MW3 maps look like they took a square and dumped random shit into it.

Shipment is probably the smallest COD map ever made, but it was WELL made for being so small you can tell it when you play it. These new maps...I don't know it's not the same. Small yes, well made? not in my opinion.

XM25, is that the grenade launcher thing?
Yeah i just discovered you could set the range it explodes at the other day and it changed my life. In hardcore explosives are just crazy as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)