Mary (Heracross) (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Hello! I am not sure if this post will remain here as you haven't followed the rules and guidelines at all but I will still try to rate/help on this team as there isn't much to say as it's pretty good :)

Bug is a really fish type altho i like it a bit in SS and your mon choice is good so i will just comment some sets/spreads and a possible change.

:scizor: Leftovers is really good for SD sets but i really suggest to try Life Orb / Metal Coat as you aren't runner a spinner (which is fine) and you will try to put Webs and pressure the opposing teams as much as possible. Metal Coat / Life Orb also guarantee the 2HKO on Tapu Koko at +2 while giving Bullet Punch the most power possible without getting chip damage and using a Band. Also you like 216 Speed EVs to outpace Jolly Azumarill which is the standard set, which can become a threat after Belly Drum and Band set can be annoying. You also outpace Adamant/Modest Aegislash which is cool. Aerial Ace isn't really good so we are just replacing it with Swords Dance which is the main set if you don't run Band (or defensive in other tiers) while Dual Wingbeat is a good move but i prefer Knock Off or Superpower that help vs mons like Aegislash and Ferrothorn, respectively.

:galvantula: The set is cool, i would even risk a Sash here since you kinda just want to put Webs and then do damage to start sweeping (altho keeping it vs types like water/ground/flying can be cool) I would give Vikavolt a shot tho. The mon does a lot of damage and has access to Roost to recover on bulkier mons. Energy Ball + Thunderbolt can be a deadly combo for both Water and Flying, while Toxic is a good move if you can predict switches on mons liek Hydreigon and Dragonite. I tried Occa Berry as an item that i was suggest by Ryuji/style.css and it works great.

:Araquanid: I would use a bulkier set with only 48 Speed EVs and put Webs on it (assuming we use Vikavolt, otherwise Toxic is fine)
Substitute isn't needed at all and we can use Magic Coat instead altho i really suggest you to run Webs on it. Also Water Absorb can be really cool as it still switches in on Fire attacks and Water Absorb helps a lot vs Rain or just Water matchup in general.

:buzzwole: I would just use Leech Life over Stone Edge as Ice Punch + Earthquake hit everything Stone Edge can possibly be helpful for, without missing.

:heracross: really strong with Webs, i would use Spikes>Swords Dance tho as this thing with Guts still does amazing damage and Spikes can help a lot vs matchups like Poison which are really hard for Bug.

The team with the suggestions i made would look like this: https://pokepast.es/71cd1c7c143f8a40
I hope it helps altho as i said it will probably be closed :)

I'd consider Lunge on Araquinid, idk that it lives long enough for Leech Life to really add up,, dropping their Atk is cool.

Are Buzzwole and Heracross together ok? They share a dual type. I guess you do have a few flying neutrals, but how has it gone?

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Why did you choose this mon
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it
What are all 4 moves for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)