SM OU Mono Dragons (Goodra Spotlight?)

Team runs around using rocks and goodra to wear down the enemy team to let latios clean up later. Goodra has an a very nice spdef at 150 with an assault vest and can eat most special attacking moves. I opted for sludge bomb on goodra so that whatever switches in to it has to fear poison.

Garchomp mega is mostly used as a lead rocker. However it has decent bulk and a tremendous attack stat which after an SD boost can hit pretty hard with an EQ. Fire fang for coverage against Ferrothorn and Celesteela which gives Garchomp some problems instead of dragon claw and outrage.

Latios is mainly used as a revenge killer and cleaner. Has decent speed and special attack however it is vulnerable to the likes of ice shard. It can take one adamant life orb stab boosted ice shard from mamoswine IF latios has been kept healthy the entirety of the game. I also opted to use hidden power fighting to attempt to take out dark types that wish to trap latios. It is on scarf so you have to be wary of the opponents switch ins before clicking draco meteor/psychic

I have Latias on a defensive build and as the defogger of the team. This helps improve latios chance of cleaning up late game. With the current she has, she has the potential to completely wall out the enemy team once physical threats have been dealt with. Mimikyu can set up on this. Also having only draco meteor as her only attack may be foolish. It may be better to opt out for psychic instead.

Zygarde has the potential of winning games if he is allowed to sub up and coil. Weak to special attacking moves but if they don't take caution and is allowed to sub up, Zygarde can be deadly. If people are not familiar with this set, extreme speed can catch people off guard.

Last slot is an Icium Z Kyurem. This is the slot which i'm not sure of on the team. His speed is rather slow and I want him to be able to put of some damage before he dies. If he does hit with the z move he hits insanely hard. It's probably best if you manage to find a better ev spread and move set to fit the team better as this is the most questionable part on the team.... maybe

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Freeze Shock
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey there. The team that you have currently is something that I'd consider quite unviable for OU, and I'm going to say this is was meant to be a mere gimmick. That in mind, my changes will attempt to craft this into a more standard team that could address any potential problems. Hope you enjoy the rate & don't mind me changing the gimmick / theme of the team.

Overview

1518895999443.png
1518896009569.png
1518896015997.png
1518896035171.png
1518896047114.png
1518896065645.png

Obviously, this team is Mono-Dragon. Pokemon such as Tapu Lele, SubEndeavor Diancie, and Weavile will naturally give this team trouble. Opposing speedy Dragon-types (i.e. a +1 Charizard) can prove to be problematic if something such as Scarf Latios is KO'd. The combination of Latios + Latias makes no sense, as their typings clash completely—making it pretty redundant. You'd want to have either one or the other. Your movesets and EV spreads could get some fixing, too, which I'll address in the Minor Changes. I'm going to change up to 3 Pokemon to address as many weaknesses as possible while still maintaining the unique quality of this team. With my rate, your team will take on a DragonSpam-like archetype. This style of building has fallen off since Gen 5 due to the introduction of fairies in Gen 6.

Team Changes

Major Changes:

1518896536611.png
>
1518895999443.png

• Heatran over Garchomp-Mega provides a solid Steel-type that will be able to pressure Clefable solidly and Weaviles / Tapu Leles locked into an unfavorable move. It assists you vs. stall builds thanks to Magma Storm. Magma Storm, in conjunction with Taunt, locks bulkier Pokemon in and prevents recovery. Toxic puts Pokemon on a timer, aiding Zygarde in its potential sweeps.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

1518896710673.png
>
1518896015997.png

• Assault Vest Tapu Bulu will make a solid change over Goodra. It helps vs. Tapu Lele and provides a stellar core with Heatran. Tapu Bulu complements Heatran's weaknesses solidly—resisting everything Heatran is weak to, and vice versa. The Grassy Terrain provided by Tapu Bulu grants an immense boost to its Grass-type STABs and weakens Earthquake damage. Bulu will answer Water-types like Swampert-Mega or Greninja-Ash without suffering too much damage (assuming Ice Punch / Ice Beam doesn't freeze) and check several Dragon-types like Zygarde or Garchomp.

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

1518897094097.png
>
1518896035171.png

• As addressed in the Overview, Latias is completely redundant on this team thanks to Latios' presence. Tyranitar-Mega makes up for the lack of a mega and sets up Stealth Rock miles better than Garchomp can. It's able to eat a +2 Earthquake from Charizard-Mega-X and retaliate with a meaty Stone Edge—OHKO'ing it. Pursuit trapping is nice for checking opposing Latios, Tapu Lele locked into a Psychic-type attack, etc. Tapu Bulu will soften up Earthquakes for Tyranitar as well, so it has more opportunities to weaken defensive Landorus-Therian for Zygarde.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Punch

Minor Changes:

1518896009569.png

• Defog > Ice Beam - Choice Scarf in conjunction with Defog allows Latios to get off fast Defogs in situations where momentum is in your favor. Ice Beam is fairly unnecessary, as Draco Meteor does enough to whatever Ice Beam hits.
  • Trick > Hidden Power Fighting - Trick assists you against bulkier Pokemon like AV Magearna that may try to wall out Latios. You can stymie walls by Tricking them a Choice Scarf, providing you with a significant advantage.
1518896047114.png

• Dragon Dance > Coil - Substitute Dragon Dance is a menacing set that easily cleans lategame if the right Pokemon are weakened or KO'd. Drop down Landorus-Therian's HP with Tyranitar's sturdy Stone Edges, for example, and Zygarde will be set to sweep.
  • 188 HP / 140+ Atk / 180 Spe - You'll be able to outpace Lopunny-Mega and Manectric-Mega (and below) at +1 while attaining 404 HP. This means your Substitute will have 101 HP—enough to survive a Seismic Toss / Night Shade that deals exactly 100. An Adamant Nature and 140 Attack gives as much power as possible while sustaining the aforementioned benchmarks.
1518896065645.png

• Fusion Bolt > Dragon Claw - This allows Kyurem to nail Toxapex, Celesteela, Gyarados, etc. with a powerful, 100 base power attack. Dragon Claw's average base power leaves it quite underwhelming, especially when you have Z-Freeze Shock.
  • Ice Beam > Hidden Power Fire - Ice Beam is to act as a reliable Ice-type attack, as you can only use Subzero Slammer one time. Hidden Power Fire, without Life Orb, simply doesn't cut it vs. Scizor-Mega and Ferrothorn.
  • Earth Power > Roost - Earth Power is primarily for Heatran and Rotom-W (Teravolt ignores Levitate).
  • 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252+ Spe - Your previous EV spread makes no sense. What role do you want Kyurem to fulfill? Do you want it to be a wall or a wallbreaker? Without investment in attack, your Z-Freeze Shock will be doing pitiful damage. This EV spread, with a Naive nature, allows Kyurem to outpace a number of threats and unleash a robust Subzero Slammer.
Importable

1518896536611.png1518896009569.png1518896710673.png1518897094097.png1518896047114.png1518896065645.png

I hope you enjoyed the rate! This was a cool team concept, so I'm glad I kept a shred of what the original team was meant to be. Do you like the changes, despite it "ruining" the theme? :smogthink:

Yeah your team makes a lot more sense haha. The stacking of latios and latias was a bit awkward also, thanks for helping me out. Though it would be nice if the theme could be kept. Not looking for a solid team but for of a fun team that can be messed around in lower parts of the ladder with a consistent "idea" of how to win. I also agree with the EV changes on Kyurem. Having him "tanky" didn't really let him do anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)