Monoletter C Team

Hello everyone. It's your good man Drew Pickles here with a team.

This is a monoletter team where every Pokemon starts with the letter C. I'd classify it as bulky offense. It's actually a Gen 5 team that I'm using decently in Gen 6. Back in Gen 5, I had several monoletter teams. I saw my C team, and I thought "hey, this bulky offense might work well in Gen 6!". The ONLY change is using Knock Off instead of Payback on Conkeldurr, that's the only change. Other then that, this team is straight out of BW2. I haven't come close to laddering with this team, but if you're looking for a solid gimmick team that can perform surprisingly well, then look no further. It's also worth mentioning that each Pokemon holds different items. Unfortunately, there is no Mega Pokemon on the team. Oh well.

Cloyster @ Lum Berry
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

Cloyster is probably the least used Pokemon on this team. But its ability to sweep is phenomenal, especially if Dual Screens are up (we'll get to that later). Lum Berry allows it to absorb a Status move, since there is no Heal Bell or Aromatherapy user on the team. There also isn't a Rapid Spin or Defog user, so I figured a Lum Berry was more useful than a Focus Sash. I have also considered a White Herb, but I don't think it would help me as much. It's surprising how often opponents try to burn Cloyster. But other then that, it's just the standard Shell Smash Cloyster. It can be tricky to set up on quality opponents, but if you do, then it can cause some serious damage.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Celebi makes for great support on this team. It provides both Paralysis and Stealth Rock support, which is helpful to almost any team. Recover lets it stay in the game longer. Giga Drain is a respectable STAB move that offers recovery. Leftovers make it even more bulky. Good Special Defense further adds to its bulkiness. Grass and Psychic typing give Celebi some key resistances, but you must be careful of Bug type moves, especially U-turn.

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

This is my favorite Pokemon on the team. Seriously, the amount of Pokemon that are OHKO'd by Conkeldurr's Superpower is amazing. I've seen this thing OHKO Mega Scizor and Mega Garchomp. I'm not going to provide calculations, but this guy hits hard. With a Choice Band, Conkeldurr's Attack reaches 624. That's insane. And if you try to Burn it, lay down Toxic Spikes, or I switch in when you use Thunder Wave, then you are just asking for trouble. People try to switch in stuff like Talonflame or Reuniclus, but even they will take a serious hit from Conkeldurr. Some people try to switch in a Ghost Type, but if I can correctly predict it, then Knock Off will hurt. Ice Punch gives additional coverage, and Mach Punch can be used to revenge kill.

Yes, I have tried a Bulk Up set, but I didn't like it. I want to be able to hit hard right away. That way, even if my opponent switches in a counter/check to Conkeldurr, it still has to take a hit to the face. I'd say Conkeldurr is the Pokemon that I use most often as a Lead for this team because it will seriously damage almost any Pokemon that tries to switch into it.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Chandelure provides valuable speed and coverage for this team. A Choice Scarf allows it to function as a revenge killer, and sometimes it can sweep. It also has key immunities to Fighting and Fire types. Fire Blast and Shadow Ball are fantastic STAB attacks. Energy Ball provides additional coverage. Trick can be used against any Pokemon that happens to be giving me trouble, which comes in handy quite often against stronger opponents. Along with Cloyster and Conkeldurr, Chandelure provides this team with a solid offensive core to supplement its strong defensive core.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

A fantastic Mixed Wall, Chansey is great for this team. Wish support keeps Pokemon like Conkeldurr in the game. Along with Celebi, Chansey provides valuable Paralysis Support. Paralyzed Pokemon typically don't enjoy having to go up against Conkeldurr. It's also worth mentioning that Celebi and Chansey both have Natural Cure, making them good partners if the opponent is Status happy. There really isn't much need for a Cleric on this team. Seismic Toss provides consistent damage if Chansey needs to fight.

Cresselia (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Lunar Dance
- Psychic

Last but not least, we have Cresselia. She laughs at Physical Attacks. You're going to have to hit very hard to 2HKO or even 3HKO her. Dual Screen support is awesome for this team. Allowing Pokemon like Conkeldurr and Cloyster to take additional hits with Dual Screens is very valuable. Being extremely bulky herself, Cresselia can use Chansey's Wishes to stay healthy. And if Cresselia is ever at her last stand, she can use Lunar Dance to completely restore a teammate. A fully rejuvenated Conkeldurr or Cloyster late in the game can be very dangerous. Psychic is a solid STAB attack.

Importable:

Cloyster @ Lum Berry
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Cresselia (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Lunar Dance
- Psychic

Well, I hope you liked my team. Leave comments and suggestions below.

Last edited:
Monoletter? That's a neat idea. inb4 new metagame

I would say maybe run Assault Vest on Conkelldurr instead if you're looking for bulk, as that works rather well, considering how bulky his HP is.

Thanks Skymin. I have considered an Assault Vest on Conkeldurr before. On such a set, I would run Drain Punch instead of Superpower. But I think I need the Choice Band set to muscle through walls. I might give the Assault Vest a try sometime. I appreciate the suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)