Other Metagames [Monotype] A Fighting RMT

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
So I made a team recently which I actually think is pretty decent, but I'd like some help in improving it, so here it is

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

A Top tier threat in the meta game with ridiculously powerful STABs and priority and coverage a-plenty, this thing is amazing, with a decent attack stat, only to be DOUBLED by Huge Power, this thing hits like a truck. EVs are used to maximise speed and attack, with Fake Out securing a free mega and Bullet Punch finishing weak mons, High Jump Kick and Zen Headbutt are hugely powerful STABs.

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Despite being in a Low-tier, this thing is very good, able to come in a physical attacker and weaken it to provide setup opportunities, once set up it can deal some hefty damage, though a large drawback is its speed, even at +1 its outsped by a large portion of top tier threats, Evs are for maximising Attack and Speed, though you could run a Bulk Up variant with HP instead of Speed EVs, Dragon Dance is used to setup, Drain Punch for stab and recovery, Knock Off for stab, and Stone edge for coverage.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Vacuum Wave
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

My stealth rock setter. Used primarily for rocks, secondarily as a stop to sweepers on low health, and finally it is also able to dish out heavy damage I its own, on many viable Stealth Rcok setters such as Ferrothorn, Forretress, and most other Rock and Steel types with the nice coverage of Fire/Fighting. Moves are Stealth Rock for setting up rocks, Overheat for dealing some huge damage, Vacuum Wave for priority and beating other sash leads, and Close Comabt for primary Fighting STAB. Alternatively you could run a physically biased set or a completely Physical set if you wished. EVs are for Maxing out damage output and Speed.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

A staple on fighting teams, and for good reason to. Without it Mega Pinsir rips through fighting, and many other bird spam threats. Scarf is required to outpace mega pinsir and many other threats, EVs are to max put speed and attack, and the moves are for Dual STAB in Close Combat and Stone Edge, Earthquake for EdgeQuake combo and Iron Head for fairies.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

My main special attacker. Mainly used to break physical walls which otherwise wall most of my team, it can also be a very threatening sweeper if it gets behind a sub, I run a bulky spread with HP investment, alternatively you could move it all, or some over to speed to outrun other threats. Though I find that a lot of the time people think it's a speedy variant and don't send in something that can outpace and kill because they think that they won't out speed. Moves are Sub to take an extra hit and provide setup opportunities, Calm Mind for boosting, and Scald and Secret Sword for STABs.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch

Originally Breloom, I put Conkeldurr on my team as I was having trouble dealing with Klefki, having to let my Terrakion or Infernape get Thunder Waved to kill it. This deals with Klefki easily sending it in on the Thunder Wave getting the Guts boost and pounding it with Fire Punch, it can also soak up Will-O-Wisps from Sableye. EVs are for maximising bulk and Attack, Mach Lunch for priority and finishing off weakened mons, Drain Punch for primary STAB and recovery, Knock Off because it's sit such a good move and Fire Punch for coverage.

All in all a decent team that I would like to turn into an Awesome team, any help is accepted, and please Rate!

Thanks!

I'm not an expert on monotype but one thing I can suggest is Ice Punch > Stone Edge on Scrafty, as you don't miss out on too much and you can get some extra KOs in. You also don't have any ice coverage on your team at the moment. Also Moxie > Intimidate on Scrafty to increase sweeping potential, as your Scrafty is the DD variant.

I think you should be using the regular Keldeo spread of 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe > over your Keldeo spread because speed on Keldeo is actually important to be able to outspeed certain threats (you even miss out on Lando!). Also Timid > Modest on Keldeo.

Another thing to try is Ice Punch > Fire Punch on Conkeldurr, although this change definitely isn't mandatory and can be swapped around for your own personal liking. Also, idk about monotype EV spreads, but on the smogdex for Conkeldurr, it uses the 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe spread, so this could be something to consider. As I said, if the spread you use is the preferred spread for monotype, then ignore me.

As I said, I'm no expert on Monotype, so I didn't swap around any new mons. I did my best though, and I hope I helped!
Ice Punch > Stone Edge; Moxie > Intimidate
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe > 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD; Timid Nature > Modest Nature
Consider Ice Punch > Fire Punch; consider 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe > 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Lol what am I saying, I don't think you need to import sets, I only made minor changes lol

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay so, the team is pretty solid foundation wise, but it could use a few tweaks. First off, I echo Absollite's thoughts on the Keldeo and Conkeldurr sets as the EVs are much better in general.

One additional thing I'll suggest is Endeavor > Overheat or Close Combat on Infernape, which can be very effective when weakening the opponent's Pokemon if it's down to its Focus Sash.

As an optional change I would suggest Hawlucha > Scrafty with the moves Substitute / Swords Dance / Acrobatics / High Jump Kick with max attack and speed EVs as it mostly performs the same role as Scrafty but is generally more threatening in the long run. You do lose a Psychic immunity, but a lot commonly run Fighting or Fairy coverage, so it doesn't help much against that either. Hawlucha gives you a better matchup against Bug, Grass, and opposing Fighting-type teams.

Overall the team is solid, so good luck in the future man.

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
Thanks for the advice guys! I'll definitely take into account, I was already thinking about replacing Scrafty, so I think I'll do that, but I'm not going to change Fire Punch as I use it to kill Klefki. I'll definitely try Endeavor over Clos Combat, that sounds pretty neat, and might net an extra K.O every now and then, and those DV Spreads I'm sure are better, so I'll run them! Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)