Side Monotype BLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to the second Monotype Best Leaderboard Tournament (BLT). This is a team tournament featuring players who qualify through the official tournaments in the Monotype room on Pokemon Showdown! Discussion is welcome in this thread, but keep it civil.

How to Qualify
There are 4 official tournament in the Monotype room on Pokemon Showdown per day at the following times:
1AM GMT
7AM GMT
1PM GMT
7PM GMT

Placing within the top 4 of an official room tournament grants you leaderboard points. Placing 1st earns you 3 points, 2nd earns you 2 points, and the two 3rd places earn 1 point each. At the end of each week (Sunday - Saturday) the top 12 players will be entered into the pool as qualifiers for this tournament. If someone places in the top 12 for more than one week, they will not be counted twice, therefore up to 12 players will qualify each week.

For the sake of logging qualifiers, please only use 1 IGN when participating in OTs. I will not search through each person to see that they gained points on an alternate account, then add that to their main. Nor will I accept these points if you come complain to me. For example, if I have 6 points for the week through the IGN "torkool" and then win a tournament on the IGN "moosical" I will not gain those 3 points on the "torkool" IGN.

The qualification phase begins on Sunday 1/28 12:00AM GMT-5 and will end on Saturday 3/3 11:59PM GMT-5. Therefore, 5 weeks of tournaments will count towards qualification and up to 60 players will qualify to play.

At the end of the qualification phase, players who qualify to play must express in this thread that they want to participate by posting "in" with the list of formats they would like to play. A draft will follow players expressing their desire to play, which will occur on Sunday 3/11 and Week 1 of the tournament will begin on Monday 3/12 (tentative dates). The draft will follow the "snake" format, where managers will choose players for their team one at a time in a randomized order.

The metagames included in this tournament are as follows:
USUM Monotype
USUM Monotype
ORAS Monotype
Monotype AAA
Monotype LC
Monotype STABmons

Managers
There will be 6 teams participating in the tournament, of which managers will be Monotype room auth members, who will be announced at a later date.

All battles during the tournament season must be played on Pokemon Showdown, Smogtours (smogtour.psim.us), or the ROM server (rom.psim.us) (for Monotype OMs).

Regular Season
The regular season will consist of 5 round robin weeks where each team will play the other 5 teams one at a time.

Finals
The 2 teams with the best record will move on to the finals, with the victors of that week being crowned the Monotype BLT champions.

Subs and Trading
Substitutes are allowed during each week. Managers must PM me to let me know that they will need to sub out a player during a week. In addition, a post must be made highlighting me, the opposing manager, and the opposing player to let everyone know that there will be a substitute. I reserve the right to veto a substitute given certain circumstance. Trading will not be allowed at any point during the tournament.

Activity Decisions
Activity decisions will be made by me, the host. I will perform a thorough investigation to determine the ruling of the activity. If both sides do not make an effort to contact, the match will end as a dead game. If one player makes more effort to make the match scheduled and happen, that player will receive the activity win.
Please schedule appropriately. The best means of scheduling is to post on your opponent's profile wall on Smogon stating your timezone and your availability for the week. Rulings stand as is; whatever decision I make regarding activity or disqualifications are set and will not be reversed at a later date.

Rule Breaking
Breaking any rule will result in an automatic loss. This includes using something banned by a Monotype OM during your battle.

Leaderboards
The leaderboards for BLT qualifiers can be found here. Please note that the leaderboards will be updated at the end of each day, not automatically.

Qualifiers
Nailec
High Pook
Dondyxd
Omarnyte
I am bu
Israel
@buttersticks
aguavy
@timeshift
keksi
KingGilgamesh
roman
Week 3 tie for the last 6 slots.
Jase Duken
Jrsmash9
Seo.
Wincon
@ringoya
Bitana
King Billu
@pippyvespiqueen
Toadow
TheImcaness
@toniolo time
Balto
Week 4 ties.

Last edited:

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The six teams/managers for this tournament have been decided and are as follows:

This post will be updated with team names and logos whenever they are decided/created.

Last edited:

Moosical

big yikes
To have an idea of how many people that qualified would like to participate, I am opening signups for the first 4 weeks of qualifiers. The week 5 qualifiers will be added on at the end of this week. If you were tagged on this post, you may sign up to participate in Monotype BLT. If you are not tagged, please do not sign up as your signup will be ignored.

Please use the following format when signing up for the tournament:
Showdown IGN:
Formats Played:
Timezone:
Availability:

Showdown IGN: torkool
Formats Played: USM, LC
Timezone: GMT -5
Availability: No issues

Nailec
High Pook
Dondyxd
@omarnyte
I am bu
Israel
@buttersticks
aguavy
@timeshift
keksi
KingGilgamesh
roman
Jase Duken
Jrsmash9
Seo.
Wincon
@ringoya
Bitana
King Billu
@pippyvespiqueen
Toadow
TheImcaness
@toniolo time
Balto

If you have the alt of any of the untaggable IGNs above, please contact me on showdown or smogon ASAP so I can add you onto this post appropriately.

Also note that managers will all count as members of their own team.

Last edited:

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Showdown IGN: C9 NxtLvl; C1oud 9 (new alt)
Formats Played: USM, ORAS
Timezone: GMT -5 (EST)
Availability: Weekday schedule constantly fluctuates from school, but I'm consistently available on the weekends~

Last edited:
Showdown IGN: Real Shady
Formats Played: USM, LC, ORAS mono,STABmons, *AAA (can only AAA do if helped building/passed teams)*
Timezone: GMT -5
Availability: Cannot play monday or Tuesdays

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)