Project Monotype Core Laddering Challenge Season 2 [INDEX THREAD]

Namranan

:)))))))))))
Congratulations to Splashbrutha and Jahkem for respectively winning the Grass and Ghost W/L ratio challenge.

I will also shoutout those who made platinum ladder ranks:
Trichotomy (Grass)
Guwahavel (Both)
Crimson Torrent (Grass)
Splashbrutha (both)
Smub (both)

Thank you to all who participated! Tagging Eien to merge this with the new index thread. The next challenge is already up!

Last edited:

Namranan

taken over from Illama and approved by Eien
co-hosting with Perishing Song

Monotype Core Laddering Challenge Season 2
*There is an announcement in this post, so please read the whole thing*
(new banner coming soon)
SM Challenge #8
2 Cores, July 2 - July 11

Steel

Magnezone + Bisharp
tag: CCS2St1
Hall of Fame Rankings:
Platinum: 1600+
Gold: 1475+
Silver: 1350+
Bronze: 1250+

Poison

Mega Venusaur + Tentacruel
tag: CCS2Po1
Hall of Fame Rankings:
Platinum: 1550+
Gold: 1450+
Silver: 1325+
Bronze: 1200+

Note: This project is now lead by me, (Namranan) and cohosted with Perishing Song. So now all questions and suggestions regarding to CLC should be directed towards us now and not Illama, the former leader.

To register to participate in a core challenge, you must reply to this forum with the proper information to be eligible! See the example post below for details. This also applies for submitting peaks (with that said please keep all of your information onto 1 post)! Otherwise, refer to the Index Thread for the official rules and info on this project. Please make sure to post replays of your Hall of Fame Rankings, failure to do so will result in your post being ignored.

There will be a second challenge along with obtaining the Hall of Fame Rankings. This second challenge is the competition for the best Win/Loss Ratio in 30 games with each core, i.e. at 30 games, take a screenshot of your record and post it in your registration as well. The team with the best record will be added to its own Hall of Fame.

Back by popular demand, the peak challenge is now returning! This now means that in order to win the challenge you have to post a replay of your peak (Highest elo reached) and take a screenshot of your alt's rank on ladder after saving the replay. The person with the highest rank at the end of the week is the winner of the challenge and will get posted in a new hall of fame in the Index thread along with the team they were using. If you win, please PM the team to Perishing Song or me along with a brief description of the team and how you got the elo you got to.

Another quick announcement, I will be on hiatus from PS! and Smogon because of irl, so Perishing Song should be seen for any questions and will be taking over full time while I am absent.

Now without further ado have fun!

Last edited:

Namranan

Example Challenge Registration:
PS! Name: Namranan
Laddering Alt(s): CCS2St1 Bye, CCS2Po1 Bye
HoF Replays/Peaks:
none
W/L Ratio:
none
Peak(s):
none

Last edited:
PS! Name: Ieki
Laddering Alt(s): CCS2Gd1 Earth
HoF Replays/Peaks:
none
W/L Ratio:
Ground:

Trichotomy

is a Tiering Contributoris a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
MPL Champion
Challenge Registration:
PS! Name: trichotomy
Laddering Alt(s): ccs2st1 polonaise

HoF Replays/Peaks:
Steel:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-770807680 (Bronze)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-770820210 (Silver)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-770830491 (Gold)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-771018132 (Platinum)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-773476214 (Peak) - https://prnt.sc/k4dmc5

W/L Ratio:
Steel: https://prnt.sc/k288i8

should probably take challenge out of the title if these are gonna be the cores :/

Last edited:

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Congratulations to smub and Splashbrutha for winning the W/L ratio for Rock and Namranan for winning the W/L ratio for Ground.

Shoutouts to those that made it to platinum club!
Guwahavel (Both Types)
Splashbrutha (Rock)
smub (Rock)
AlolanSableye21 (Rock)

Tagging Eien to merge this with the index thread.

Last edited:

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
taken over from Illama and approved by Eien.
co-hosted by Perishing Song

Monotype Core Laddering Challenge Season 2
(new banner coming soon)
SM Challenge #9
2 Cores, July 9 - July 20

Ice

Cryogonal + Walrein
tag: CCS2Ic1
Hall of Fame Rankings:
Bronze: 1200+

Fighting

Hawlucha + Cobalion
tag: CCS2Fg1
Hall of Fame Rankings:
Bronze: 1200+​

A small reminder, this is the final core of cycle 1, which means we will be posting new cores of second cycle next monday. In the next cycle, peak ladder challenge returns so read below for the information.

Note: This project is now lead by Namranan and cohosted by me. So now all questions and suggestions regarding to CLC should be directed towards us now and not Illama, the former leader.

To register to participate in a core challenge, you must reply to this forum with the proper information to be eligible! See the example post below for details. This also applies for submitting peaks (with that said please keep all of your information onto 1 post)! Otherwise, refer to the Index Thread for the official rules and info on this project. Please make sure to post replays of your Hall of Fame Rankings, failure to do so will result in your post being ignored.

There will be a second challenge along with obtaining the Hall of Fame Rankings. This second challenge is the competition for the best Win/Loss Ratio in 30 games with each core, i.e. at 30 games, take a screenshot of your record and post it in your registration as well. The team with the best record will be added to its own Hall of Fame.

Back by popular demand, the peak challenge is now returning! This now means that in order to win the challenge you have to post a replay of your peak (Highest elo reached) and take a screenshot of your alt's rank on ladder after saving the replay. The person with the highest rank at the end of the week is the winner of the challenge and will get posted in a new hall of fame in the Index thread along with the team they were using. If you win, please PM the team to Perishing Song or me along with a brief description of the team and how you got the elo you got to.

Perish Song

flaunt
PS! Name: Perishing Song
Laddering Alt(s): CCS2Ic1 Perished, CCS2Fg1 Perished
HoF Replays/Peaks:
none
W/L Ratio:
none
Peak(s):
none

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
PS! Name: Harpp
Laddering Alt(s): CCS2Ic1 Tundra, CCS2Fg1 Karate
HoF Replays/Peaks:
none
W/L Ratio:
none
Peak(s):
none

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)