Art by Ticken
Welcome to the fourth cycle of the Monotype Seasonals! This is the third of three tournaments in the third Monotype Seasonal and the 2019 circuit, meaning wins in this tournament WILL count towards the Monotype Ribbon, as well as the Seasonal rankings.
- This is a standard Monotype tournament
- This tournament will be DOUBLE Elimination
- All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
- To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
- MAKE SURE TO POST YOUR HIDDEN REPLAYS. I cannot access to your replays if you hide your replays and do not share them here, so I will be coinflipping if you decide to hide your replays but don't post them.
- Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
- Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type, both before and after Mega Evolution
- Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
- Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
- OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
- Moody Clause: Moody is banned
- Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
- Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
- HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
- Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
- Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
- Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
- Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Prosaic vs Reyzark
roman vs Toadow
Days for Dabs vs Dandy Highwayman
Wincon vs Ninjadog13
PotatoBlaster vs Trichotomy
Splashbrutha vs Harpp
dahli vs Vodoom
Yami vs maroon
Ice Tray vs Clearly
Chaitanya vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal
1 True Lycan vs ArkenCiel
Vaboh vs smub
GotCookies vs Poison Adhesive
MetaRiolu7 vs crucify
iLlama vs ima
I am bu vs Brancus
Deadline to complete extension games is October 2nd 11:59 pm GMT-4
Deadline to complete matches is October 6th 11:59 pm GMT-4