Tournament Monotype Gen 8 Tournament [Won by Anaconja]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, welcome to the first Monotype Gen 8 Tournament! The tournament will be single elimination, best of 3. Signups close on the 17th December.

Prizes
3rd place: You get to create a new Pokemon with a base stat total limit of 530.
2nd place: Same as above, and you also get to buff a pre existing Pokemon (not one of the new creations).
1st place: You get to create a new Pokemon with a base stat total limit of 600, buff a pre existing Pokemon and create a new item (not mega stone).
I will PM you to work out the details when the time comes. See original thread OP for rules about new Pokemon and buffs

Rules

Post In to join
The Mod can be played on the Dragon Heaven server
Everything banned from standard Monotype is also banned here (see here)
The new move Coal Trap is banned. It pretty much invalidates offensive teams that don't have dedicated hazard control, which is most hyper offensive teams. Being able to cripple any grounded physical attacker on switch in was simply too much. If any of your Pokemon use the move, that match will be an auto-loss.
As in standard Monotype, mega evolutions that change type can only be used on the type they keep. So you could use Mega Charizard X on Fire but not on Flying.
If you feel any of the new Pokemon are overpowered, or broken in another way, please post in the thread after your match. If enough people feel the same way, that Pokemon will be banned.
POST YOUR REPLAYS!
Please play all 3 matches, even if you're 2-0 down.
Don't be a dick. No one likes bad losers or bad winners.
Note that the new Pokemon and moves will have to be manually imported in the teambuilder.

Not compolsory, but after your matches I would greatly appreciate your opinion on which new Pokemon are good and which types are better/worse than they are in standard Monotype with the new additions, and your suggestions for the new viability rankings. The reason being that I plan to write an article on this Pet Mod, and would like to include other people's opinions (don't worry I will credit you).
Also not compolsory, it would be nice if you could use different types for each of your matches.

Resources

List of new Pokemon, moves, abilities and items
The Bot on Dragon Heaven does have several teams, however when I tried testing it it wouldn't work. Therefore, if you would like to have some casual matches to get your feet wet, I am more than happy to help - just PM me or leave a comment on my profile. My time zone is London UK, and I am free most evenings.
On the Dragon Heaven server, type /dt [new pokemon], monotype gen 8. This will bring up its typing, abilities and base stats. You can also do the same for new moves and new abilities.

If you have no time to teambuild, here are a few sample teams. However, they are completely untested so I have no idea how good they are(n't).

Balanced Steel
"Dual Screens" Ice
Hyper Offensive Fire
Sticky Web Rock
Water Stall

Last edited:
Just out of interest, has anybody had any luck getting the bot on Dragon Heaven to respond to Monotype Gen 8 challenges? I tried today it still wouldn't work for me.

Just out of interest, has anybody had any luck getting the bot on Dragon Heaven to respond to Monotype Gen 8 challenges? I tried today it still wouldn't work for me.
None. I think the bot doesn't know what to do with fake pokemon, as it had problems with E4E as well.

Last edited:
I realise the foolishness of trying to get a tournament organised over Christmas, so I have decided to extend the round 1 deadline 1 week. You have until the 8th Januray to get your battles done.

Oh cool. I’ll PM the two of you later to implement your new Pokemon, buffs and new item. Congratulations Anaconja on your win!

Edit: Mods you can lock this thread now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)