Other (Monotype) Hyper Offensive Rock

Hey, Chleg here. I decided to try a Hyper Offensive Rock team without the need of Cradily or M-Aggron. This team is supposed to but a high amount of offensive pressure on other teams until you win. Even though I am no professional at all at Rock and Rock being generally a bad type, I got a fairly good Elo and GXE with an alt called "Just call me".

FIRST GLANCE

Diancie was my first choice when making a HO Rock team. It's quite easy to see why when you look at the other Rock Megas.

I needed something to break through Skarmory and Steel is general. Terrakion was the perfect option for its good offensive typing and powerful stats.

I needed something to remove Ground (with support) and something to check certain Water types. Perfect with Omastar.

I needed something to take Aqua Jet and Bullet Punch, especially Scizor. Rhyperior does a perfect job at doing that.

I needed a good lead and anti-lead. Aerodactyl was the perfect option due to being faster than Archeops.

Tyranitar sounds weird in a HO team, however its mixed capabilities and ability to set up Sand is perfect.

In-Depth Analysis

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Diancie had the ability to outspeed the Sword of Justice Pokemon, most likely Keldeo and with excellent mixed capabilities. Protect is used so your speed is activated without damaging Diancie's bad defenses when Mega Evolved. Moonblast is used as a main STAB and to remove Fighting types. Diamond Storm is a secondary STAB and good for removing Pokemon like Charizard-Y, which I have no switch-ins into. Earth Power is used for Steel Pokemon and Pokemon that may resist Moonblast. Magic Bounce is excellent for Diancie so it can't be burned or paralyzed. It's also the perfect counter for Mega Sableye. It's EV's are to maximize its Speed and SpAtk for maximum damage with the 2 Special moves and on Fighting types. 4 Atk is not that necessary but can be a game saver at times. Naive is used instead of Timid because it decreases Diamond Storm's attack and it's already bad defenses generally don't affect having a -SpDef nature.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Terrakion is the wallbreaker of this team. Terrakion can 2HKO Skarmory with Close Combat and KO a lot more Pokemon with its Choice Band. Justified, while not that useful normally, can occasionally be helpful in case your opponent uses Knock Off on Terrakion. Close Combat is your primary STAB and able to tear through plenty of Steel teams not having Doublade. Stone Edge is your secondary STAB and useful for Flying types, a type that can trouble Rock sometimes. Stone Edge can make you have mind games with Mega Gyarados as well. Earthquake is used in case your opponent has Doublade alive and can remove frail Pokemon that can resist Close Combat without the risk of Stone Edge like Mega Beedrill. Quick Attack on Terrakion is the only priority used on this team. Even though it sounds weird at first, it can easily be used to finish Pokemon with low HP or Sash users with no Stealth Rocks up. It's EV's are to maximize speed and potential power, especially breaking through Skarmory. Jolly is used instead of Adamant so you can outspeed max Speed 100's and Landorus-I.

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass

With it's Water STAB, Omastar was a good sweeper to Ground when Garchomp and Mamoswine are gone. Shell Smash is necessary to outspeed and KO many threats on Ground or any team, most notably Landorus-I. Surf is your STAB and used over Hydro Pump or Scald because it's ability of not missing and being more powerful than Scald, even if it is only 10 BP more. Earth Power is good to remove some Steel or Electric Pokemon that could otherwise threaten Omastar and the rest of my team, most notably Magnezone. Hidden Power Grass is used for removing the Water/Ground types. This includes Gastrodon, Seismitoad, Swampert and Quagsire. Weak Armor is extremely good so it can outspeed Excadrill with Shell Smash up. It's EV's are to maximize its offensive potential while outspeeding many threats. Timid is used so it can outspeed Excadrill with Weak Armor. Omastar's IV's are there so it is Hidden Power Grass, not Hidden Power Dark. Focus Sash is used so it can't be instantly KO'd while setting up when Rocks are not on field.

Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Rhyperior is my only Pokemon to tank Aqua Jet and Mega Scizor, a Pokemon that threatens Rock teams a lot, especially without Mega Aggron. It's EV's are to tank an +2 Bisharp Iron Head at full health. Weakness Policy is especially good on Rhyperior so it can KO Bulky Scizor and maximize its offensive potential since it hasn't got full Atk investment. Adamant is used since +2 Bisharp is the most powerful benchmark it needs to tank and a little bit more bulk is not necessary while Rhyperior can threatens switch ins with Adamant. Earthquake is your mandatory STAB to threaten any Pokemon that isn't a Flying type. Rock Blast is used to KO Pokemon with Sashes in case Stealth Rocks are not on the field. Fire Punch is extremely useful just for the use of Mega Scizor but can also be used with the Ground/Fire combination to remove a portion of Steel types. Ice Punch is used to threaten Ground types, most notably Garchomp and Landorus-T.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Aerial Ace

Aerodactyl is an excellent lead in a Rock mono or even OU. Aerodactyl's base 130 Speed makes it outspeed all other leads in the game. Pressure, while not that useful, is the most viable ability out of the three because of its ability to stall out, if it ever needs to (which is likely never). Unnerve is used for Custap users which are occasionally helpful, most notably Forretress. It's EV's are to maximize its Speed so it can set up as fast as possible and its Attack is invested just for a fairly powerful Aerial Ace. Jolly is used for better speed as said before. Focus Sash is used so it can't be KO'd by Priority and get up Stealth Rocks. It's also useful so it can Taunt or Tailwind. Stealth Rock is pretty self-explanatory with that it breaks sashes and does chip damage to opponents. Taunt is used so your opponent can't get their own hazards up, which can break Omastar's sash. Tailwind is useful for 3 turns of double speed when used right. This is especially deadly with Diancie to Fighting and Dragons or Terrakion from being an extremely fast wallbreaker. Aerial Ace is just used in case Aerodactyl is used up and is just staying in your party to die.

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 152 HP / 36 Atk / 24 Def / 24 SpA / 108 SpD / 164 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Tyranitar may look weird at first. However, its attacking capabilities is not to laugh at. Sand Stream is useful to do extra chip damage to other Pokemon. Life Orb is used to get maximum damage with its moves. Crunch is used for primary STAB and good for removing Psychic types, especially Slowbro. Stone Edge is a secondary STAB for Flying types, especially Zapdos and Mandibuzz. Ice Beam is used for Ground types like the Landorus and Garchomp and Fire Blast is used to remove Scizor and Ferrothorn. Tyranitar's EV's are supposed to 2HKO Slowbro after Leftovers, tank Garchomp, Landorus-T and Landorus-I, KO Ferrothorn and Scizor up to 252/176 SpD and have enough speed to outspeed base 80's with 8 Speed EV's in them.

THREATS

Azumarill is likely to be the most threatening Pokemon to this team with no access to Cradily. With access to priority and decent bulk with the power to outspeed Rhyperior. Belly Drum Azumarill is extremely threatening and you have nothing to remove it if it sets up.

Surprise, surprise. Mega Scizor is a threat to almost all Rock teams. Its priority Bullet Punch KO's everything on my team except Rhyperior, who can KO back with Fire Punch if Weakness Policy is activated.

Magnezone is a threat simply because its unpredictable on if its Scarf or Specs. Additionally, its Sturdy is stressful if Stealth Rocks hasn't broke it. However, Magnezone can be dealt with by Tyranitar.

Without any Cradily to absorb its Spore, Breloom becomes a threat if Stealth Rocks are not up. However, if they are, Diancie or even Aerodactyl can remove it with Aerial Ace.

With amazing defenses, Venusaur becomes a threat to this team. Eventhough Terrakion can realistically 2HKO it, Giga Drain can make it a 3HKO and there is always a chance of Stone Edge missing. However, you can remove it after Terrakion is sacked with Diancie, Aerodactyl or Tyranitar. Sandstorm can also cripple Synthesis.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Shiny: Yes
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Terrakion @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Aerial Ace

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

REPLAYS

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-271971280 - Steel

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-271977801 - Stall Water

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-271984701 - Psychic

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-272032955 - Electric

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-272293745 - Fighting

Praise scpinion

Last edited:

Hey, Chleg here. I decided to try a Hyper Offensive Rock team without the need of Cradily or M-Aggron. This team is supposed to but a high amount of offensive pressure on other teams until you win. Even though I am no professional at all at Rock and Rock being generally a bad type, I got a fairly good Elo and GXE with an alt called "Just call me".

FIRST GLANCE

Diancie was my first choice when making a HO Rock team. It's quite easy to see why when you look at the other Rock Megas.

I needed something to break through Skarmory and Steel is general. Terrakion was the perfect option for its good offensive typing and powerful stats.

I needed something to remove Ground (with support) and something to check certain Water types. Perfect with Omastar.

I needed something to take Aqua Jet and Bullet Punch, especially Scizor. Rhyperior does a perfect job at doing that.

I needed a good lead and anti-lead. Aerodactyl was the perfect option due to being faster than Archeops.

Tyranitar sounds weird in a HO team, however its mixed capabilities and ability to set up Sand is perfect.

In-Depth Analysis

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Diancie had the ability to outspeed the Sword of Justice Pokemon, most likely Keldeo and with excellent mixed capabilities. Protect is used so your speed is activated without damaging Diancie's bad defenses when Mega Evolved. Moonblast is used as a main STAB and to remove Fighting types. Diamond Storm is a secondary STAB and good for removing Pokemon like Charizard-Y, which I have no switch-ins into. Earth Power is used for Steel Pokemon and Pokemon that may resist Moonblast. Magic Bounce is excellent for Diancie so it can't be burned or paralyzed. It's also the perfect counter for Mega Sableye. It's EV's are to maximize its Speed and SpAtk for maximum damage with the 2 Special moves and on Fighting types. 4 Atk is not that necessary but can be a game saver at times. Naive is used instead of Timid because it decreases Diamond Storm's attack and it's already bad defenses generally don't affect having a -SpDef nature.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Terrakion is the wallbreaker of this team. Terrakion can 2HKO Skarmory with Close Combat and KO a lot more Pokemon with its Choice Band. Justified, while not that useful normally, can occasionally be helpful in case your opponent uses Knock Off on Terrakion. Close Combat is your primary STAB and able to tear through plenty of Steel teams not having Doublade. Stone Edge is your secondary STAB and useful for Flying types, a type that can trouble Rock sometimes. Stone Edge can make you have mind games with Mega Gyarados as well. Earthquake is used in case your opponent has Doublade alive and can remove frail Pokemon that can resist Close Combat without the risk of Stone Edge like Mega Beedrill. Quick Attack on Terrakion is the only priority used on this team. Even though it sounds weird at first, it can easily be used to finish Pokemon with low HP or Sash users with no Stealth Rocks up. It's EV's are to maximize speed and potential power, especially breaking through Skarmory. Jolly is used instead of Adamant so you can outspeed max Speed 100's and Landorus-I.

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass

With it's Water STAB, Omastar was a good sweeper to Ground when Garchomp and Mamoswine are gone. Shell Smash is necessary to outspeed and KO many threats on Ground or any team, most notably Landorus-I. Surf is your STAB and used over Hydro Pump or Scald because it's ability of not missing and being more powerful than Scald, even if it is only 10 BP more. Earth Power is good to remove some Steel or Electric Pokemon that could otherwise threaten Omastar and the rest of my team, most notably Magnezone. Hidden Power Grass is used for removing the Water/Ground types. This includes Gastrodon, Seismitoad, Swampert and Quagsire. Weak Armor is extremely good so it can outspeed Excadrill with Shell Smash up. It's EV's are to maximize its offensive potential while outspeeding many threats. Timid is used so it can outspeed Excadrill with Weak Armor. Omastar's IV's are there so it is Hidden Power Grass, not Hidden Power Dark. Focus Sash is used so it can't be instantly KO'd while setting up when Rocks are not on field.

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Rhyperior is my only Pokemon to tank Aqua Jet and Mega Scizor, a Pokemon that threatens Rock teams a lot, especially without Mega Aggron. It's EV's are to tank an +2 Bisharp Iron Head at full health. Weakness Policy is especially good on Rhyperior so it can KO Bulky Scizor and maximize its offensive potential since it hasn't got full Atk investment. Adamant is used since +2 Bisharp is the most powerful benchmark it needs to tank and a little bit more bulk is not necessary while Rhyperior can threatens switch ins with Adamant. Earthquake is your mandatory STAB to threaten any Pokemon that isn't a Flying type. Rock Blast is used to KO Pokemon with Sashes in case Stealth Rocks are not on the field. Fire Punch is extremely useful just for the use of Mega Scizor but can also be used with the Ground/Fire combination to remove a portion of Steel types. Ice Punch is used to threaten Ground types, most notably Garchomp and Landorus-T.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Aerial Ace

Aerodactyl is an excellent lead in a Rock mono or even OU. Aerodactyl's base 130 Speed makes it outspeed all other leads in the game. Pressure, while not that useful, is the most viable ability out of the three because of its ability to stall out, if it ever needs to (which is likely never). It's EV's are to maximize its Speed so it can set up as fast as possible and its Attack is invested just for a fairly powerful Aerial Ace. Jolly is used for better speed as said before. Focus Sash is used so it can't be KO'd by Priority and get up Stealth Rocks. It's also useful so it can Taunt or Tailwind. Stealth Rock is pretty self-explanatory with that it breaks sashes and does chip damage to opponents. Taunt is used so your opponent can't get their own hazards up, which can break Omastar's sash. Tailwind is useful for 3 turns of double speed when used right. This is especially deadly with Diancie to Fighting and Dragons or Terrakion from being an extremely fast wallbreaker. Aerial Ace is just used in case Aerodactyl is used up and is just staying in your party to die.

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Tyranitar may look weird at first. However, its attacking capabilities is not to laugh at. Sand Stream is useful to do extra chip damage to other Pokemon. Life Orb is used to get maximum damage with its moves. Crunch is used for primary STAB and good for removing Psychic types, especially Slowbro. Stone Edge is a secondary STAB for Flying types, especially Zapdos and Mandibuzz. Ice Beam is used for Ground types like the Landorus and Garchomp and Fire Blast is used to remove Scizor and Ferrothorn. Tyranitar's EV's are supposed to 2HKO Slowbro after Leftovers, tank Garchomp, Landorus-T and Landorus-I, KO Ferrothorn and Scizor up to 252/176 SpD and have enough speed to outspeed base 80's with 8 Speed EV's in them.

THREATS

Azumarill is likely to be the most threatening Pokemon to this team with no access to Cradily. With access to priority and decent bulk with the power to outspeed Rhyperior. Belly Drum Azumarill is extremely threatening and you have nothing to remove it if it sets up.

Surprise, surprise. Mega Scizor is a threat to almost all Rock teams. Its priority Bullet Punch KO's everything on my team except Rhyperior, who can KO back with Fire Punch if Weakness Policy is activated.

Magnezone is a threat simply because its unpredictable on if its Scarf or Specs. Additionally, its Sturdy is stressful if Stealth Rocks hasn't broke it. However, Magnezone can be dealt with by Tyranitar.

Without any Cradily to absorb its Spore, Breloom becomes a threat if Stealth Rocks are not up. However, if they are, Diancie or even Aerodactyl can remove it with Aerial Ace.

With amazing defenses, Venusaur becomes a threat to this team. Eventhough Terrakion can realistically 2HKO it, Giga Drain can make it a 3HKO and there is always a chance of Stone Edge missing. However, you can remove it after Terrakion is sacked with Diancie, Aerodactyl or Tyranitar. Sandstorm can also cripple Synthesis.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Terrakion @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Aerial Ace

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

REPLAYS

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-271971280 - Steel

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-271977801 - Stall Water

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-271984701 - Psychic

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-272032955 - Electric

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-272293745 - Fighting

Praise scpinion

Yo Chleg, I really like this team, grats on your peak btw. Anyways, main thing i wanna say is Shuckle may be a better bet than aero, so terrakion, diancie, and omastar can abuse the living shit out of sticky webs, but I can understand that taunt is nice to have to prevent set up, Nice job! :)

Thanks Stun but I already tried Shuckle before and having something to stop breaking Omastar's sash is much more important than Shuckle's access to Sticky Web. Thanks though and thanks for the compliment :)

I could recommend changing Pressure to Unnerve on Aero. It helps versus Sturdy/Custap Berry (anti)leads. You know your coverage better than me obviously but, have you never missed Ice Beam on Omastar? How do you deal with Grass (or M-Venusaur on Poison)?

Thanks Alexis Breeze I decided to change Pressure to Unnerve since it has occasionally been slight trouble for me, especially Forretress.

I haven't really missed Ice Beam on Omastar since I have plenty of other ways to remove Grass or a few to Mega Venusaur. I remove Venusaur by crippling it with Tyranitar and then remove it with Diancie-M or Terrakion. (Sandstorm makes Synthesis only heal 25%)

I like this team but its more fragile than you think. After rhyperior is gone, you have no chance against steel, and once terrak is gone, water destroys you. So i recommend running a cradily over omastar, Cradily is extremely useful for tanking up water hits and dealing with threats, Like the scarf keldeo that sweeps your team and it can still tank ground (just not excadril but you can always run a defensive set with rocky helmet), i know it doesnt fit with your hyper offensive, but sometimes when they risks, they may end up failing, so give cradily a try. What else i see is that your running earth power on omastar instead of ice beam which kinda messes you up a bit for dragon teams after diancie falls and kind off messes you up with grass teams after aerodactyl is gone, ice beam is very useful and takes care of annoying flying pokemon like zapdos and togekiss. Now for tyranitar, if your running a hyper offensive set for ttar, you dont need those EV's for defense and special attack, put a lot in attack and put some in speed to make it a devastating poke to be around, dont worry life orb will up for the loss of EV's in the special attack, ice beam still knocks out lando and lando t and fire blast kos mega scizor without those ev's and with life orb, and ferrothorn takes lots of damage with just life orb(and yes, fire blast still doesnt kill ferrothorn with the ev's you have nor garchomp), so put the in attack, speed, sp.d, whatever you like. Also this is just my opinion, but after some poke puts up webs and i have scarf terrakion, i still keep my great speed, with your band, your speed kinda goes to a 280, but thats if webs are up, but most likely if your smart you can just deflect them with mega diancie or taunt aerodatyl, but i just like a scarf terrak, just incase this happens. but thats all, your team looks good overall.

Rhalekin said:
I like this team but its more fragile than you think. After rhyperior is gone, you have no chance against steel, and once terrak is gone, water destroys you. So i recommend running a cradily over omastar, Cradily is extremely useful for tanking up water hits and dealing with threats, Like the scarf keldeo that sweeps your team and it can still tank ground (just not excadril but you can always run a defensive set with rocky helmet), i know it doesnt fit with your hyper offensive, but sometimes when they risks, they may end up failing, so give cradily a try. What else i see is that your running earth power on omastar instead of ice beam which kinda messes you up a bit for dragon teams after diancie falls and kind off messes you up with grass teams after aerodactyl is gone, ice beam is very useful and takes care of annoying flying pokemon like zapdos and togekiss. Now for tyranitar, if your running a hyper offensive set for ttar, you dont need those EV's for defense and special attack, put a lot in attack and put some in speed to make it a devastating poke to be around, dont worry life orb will up for the loss of EV's in the special attack, ice beam still knocks out lando and lando t and fire blast kos mega scizor without those ev's and with life orb, and ferrothorn takes lots of damage with just life orb(and yes, fire blast still doesnt kill ferrothorn with the ev's you have nor garchomp), so put the in attack, speed, sp.d, whatever you like. Also this is just my opinion, but after some poke puts up webs and i have scarf terrakion, i still keep my great speed, with your band, your speed kinda goes to a 280, but thats if webs are up, but most likely if your smart you can just deflect them with mega diancie or taunt aerodatyl, but i just like a scarf terrak, just incase this happens. but thats all, your team looks good overall.

Thanks Rhalekin

The reason I don't use Cradily over Omastar because it stops the offensive pressure I need off immediately. Omastar removes Ground types much better than Cradily with Surf/HP Grass for Water/Grounds. Earth Power is absolutely necessary for removing Pokes like Empoleon on Water teams and Dragon is not a real threat to my team, especially since I run Diancie-M (which I won't sack vs a Dragon team) and Aerodactyl with Tailwind. Grass still won't have trouble with Omastar at all because of Mega Venusaur which is a huge threat anyway. Flying is not a problem vs my team at all with Aerodactyl being able to stop your opponent from using Stealth Rock or Defog and Tyranitar being able to 2HKO Skarmory and Zapdos.

24 SpA Life Orb Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 380-452 (106.4 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
24 SpA Life Orb Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 354-421 (100.5 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As you can see, Tyranitar KO's Garchomp and defensive Ferrothorn easily. It's attack doesn't actually need to be required to be any higher for now, even with Mega Venusaur since Synthesis gets nerfed to 25% when under Sandtsorm. It's Speed EV's as said is to outspeed base 80's. The EV's what I put has actually been extremely efficient vs Ground and even Steel mono's.

I should of explained this in my RMT but the reason I don't use Scarf Terrakion because it doesn't 2HKO Skarmory and KO Ferrothorn and Chansey. Bulky Staraptor also gets 2HKO'd. Under Tailwind, it threatens Normal, Dark and even Steel. Running no scarfer on a HO team sounds really weird but it has worked for me currently.

Thanks Rhalekin

The reason I don't use Cradily over Omastar because it stops the offensive pressure I need off immediately. Omastar removes Ground types much better than Cradily with Surf/HP Grass for Water/Grounds. Earth Power is absolutely necessary for removing Pokes like Empoleon on Water teams and Dragon is not a real threat to my team, especially since I run Diancie-M (which I won't sack vs a Dragon team) and Aerodactyl with Tailwind. Grass still won't have trouble with Omastar at all because of Mega Venusaur which is a huge threat anyway. Flying is not a problem vs my team at all with Aerodactyl being able to stop your opponent from using Stealth Rock or Defog and Tyranitar being able to 2HKO Skarmory and Zapdos.

24 SpA Life Orb Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 380-452 (106.4 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
24 SpA Life Orb Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 354-421 (100.5 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As you can see, Tyranitar KO's Garchomp and defensive Ferrothorn easily. It's attack doesn't actually need to be required to be any higher for now, even with Mega Venusaur since Synthesis gets nerfed to 25% when under Sandtsorm. It's Speed EV's as said is to outspeed base 80's. The EV's what I put has actually been extremely efficient vs Ground and even Steel mono's.

I should of explained this in my RMT but the reason I don't use Scarf Terrakion because it doesn't 2HKO Skarmory and KO Ferrothorn and Chansey. Bulky Staraptor also gets 2HKO'd. Under Tailwind, it threatens Normal, Dark and even Steel. Running no scarfer on a HO team sounds really weird but it has worked for me currently.
But What happens if you lose aerodactyl and you still didnt respond to my notice of how if rhyperior is gone, steel sweeps you, and you have no counter to scarf keldeo or a mega swampert in the rain after rocks is up.

You are not really noticing that:

1. Scarf Keldeo is extremely uncommon and if known, Diancie can take a Secret Sword and Tyranitar being able to tank (or Terrakion to remove it under Sandstorm).

2. Unless you are using Stealth Rock Mega Swampert, the only other viable rocks setter is Empoleon which has it's rocks bounced back by Diancie, Taunted by Aerodactyl and KOed by Terrakion. Empoleon is not that hard to remove and this team doesn't have trouble not getting rocks on its side.

3. Rock can't deal with every single type, its a mediocre type at best. However, Steel can't sweep me at all UNTIL Rhyperior is gone where I preserve it for Scizor, where Terrakion can sweep or break down walls then sweep with tailwind.

All of what you said is possible but that is where you are in a specific position. I can prevent Stealth Rocks and I can prevent Rain. I can preserve Rhyperior for Steel, it's not like I'm going to sack it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)