Monotype Next Best Thing

No one's voted yet, so allow me to post an amazing set that I have used to demolish several opposing trainers during the vast amount of time I have spent honing my skills in this illustrious tier.

Zapdos @ Sticky Barb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Naughty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SDef / 0 Spd
-Tailwind
-Sandstorm
-Mimic
-Sleep Talk

This Zapdos is the ultimate team supporter. It has the ability to set up Tailwind for one of its teammates, allowing that Pokemon to sweep without fear of being slower than the opposition. Sandstorm and Sticky Barb allow Zapdos to slowly whittle its own HP down, allowing the user to use Tailwind when the time is right, thus allowing the user to maximize the amount of turns their next Pokemon will be able to bask in the glory of the move. The EV spread and nature also help with this goal. Sandstorm also has the added benefit of being able to wear down the opposition and get KOes on Focus Sash users. Mimic is an extremely useful move in the 3rd slot, as it allows Zapdos to copy Explosion or other suicidal moves from enemy Azelf and the like, allowing it to more easily rid the field of its presence. Lastly, Sleep Talk allows Zapdos to set up Tailwind and then disappear from play should the opponent attempt to put it to sleep and set up on it. This Zapdos works especially great as the 2nd to last Pokemon on your team, as after it sets up Tailwind and perishes, the opponent will not be able to phaze your last Pokemon out.
Don't you see eject button outclasses sticky barb on your set. You use tailwind, then they force you to switch out the same turn. thats better than dying so you can use this set twice.

Lmfao, I love it when try hard tour players have time to meme an Other Meta Sub Thread. Maybe you should focus on getting more trophies? Would make your dedication to Smogon look better :O. But voting for Thimo's Charged up Zapdos.

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
No offense, but there's a huge difference from trying to figure out something original with Zapdos's movepool than abusing GlissPass to win online trophies.
I'm throughly offended... I don't see anything wrong with bp, he just used baton pass to make my post less valid while supporting someone else who was using it..

Lmfao, I love it when try hard tour players have time to meme an Other Meta Sub Thread.
A meme? I'm personally offended that you have to nerve to criticize this god-like creation I have bestowed upon this community. But maybe you're right bro, next time I'll try to create a set where the only attacking move is a worse version of Hidden Power Flying. I'm sure it took you a lot of effort to make that set, just like it took me a lot of effort to make mine. I didn't bash you, though. But alas, you simply could not bear to watch while an "all-star tour player" garnered more posts supporting his creation than you did. It's okay, though. I'll hold back my tears...because I'm still winning. If you want to vote for a player who would personally attack another user over a Pokemon set just because he's losing a popularity contest, then that's your decision. However, if you want to support a humble player trying to branch out to other parts of Smogon and bestow great creations upon the community, your support will not go to waste.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
No offense, but there's a huge difference from trying to figure out something original with Zapdos's movepool than abusing GlissPass to win online trophies.
lol

the next best thing

not a 'lets come up with some shit sets like CB manaphy, subroostprotoxic Kyurem-B, and CONFIDE Zapdos, among others' thread

also why are you giving him shit for using bp sometimes, even BP takes more brain cells to use than what you guys used to come up with those shit sets

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
lol

the next best thing

not a 'lets come up with some shit sets like CB manaphy, subroostprotoxic Kyurem-B, and CONFIDE Zapdos, among others' thread

also why are you giving him shit for using bp sometimes, even BP takes more brain cells to use than what you guys used to come up with those shit sets
I swear I put in underrated sets that actually work but these guys post sets that are complete dogshit, especially shake... Like shake's commentary is the best and his play with sample teams is enviable, but this thread had turned into "sets with moves you never knew this Mon got that don't do anything"
Anyhow pk and shake both have ass sets, voting for blade64 skydos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)