Monotype Premier League II [Draft Complete]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like to call myself 'The Best player in the ladder'. It seems boastful and narcissist to me. I'm not going to say i require being drafted, but it would be an amazing opportunity for my seriousness when it comes to competitive battling. I would consider myself halfway decent in the monotype Metagame, but not perfect. Perhaps exposing my self to the truly competitive section of Monotype, I will gain some valuable Experience. Oh, And Just to clarify: This is on Showdown right?

Here's A Link Showing My Psychic Monotype Team:

(I swear this is not an advertisement)

Another Match (A Replay):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-320046473

Last edited:

DoW

formally Death on Wings
What's the deal with tryouts, or can I just not read?
If you want to get drafted, and you feel that many of the managers won't know you, it may be a good idea to talk to them and show them how good you are at certain metagames so that they're more inclined to draft you. That said, I (and I assume the other managers and assmen) are going to be watching tours in the room and players at the top of the ladder to try to find good players, so that's a good way to get people to want to draft you generally.

If you want to get drafted, and you feel that many of the managers won't know you, it may be a good idea to talk to them and show them how good you are at certain metagames so that they're more inclined to draft you. That said, I (and I assume the other managers and assmen) are going to be watching tours in the room and players at the top of the ladder to try to find good players, so that's a good way to get people to want to draft you generally.
Ok, thanks!

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
you called me good so i had to sign up

Also yeah Social should've tagged MainEvent he's been a driving force behind the monotype doubles metagame and he's a strong player

Hope i get drafted.My team:
Hyperoffencive Steel:Lucario,Bisharp,Jirachi,Scizor,Heatran,Skarmory.I have 1400 rating in mono ladder and am available all the time.Trust me i got this.I'm available at almost anytime.
Hoping for Scizors/Lucarios. Cause them steel bro.

Last edited:

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I feel the need to explain how tryouts work.

This tournament does not have any "official" tryouts. You don't have to tryout at all and you could still be drafted, but if you aren't well known in the community, it's probably a good idea to draw attention to yourself by winning tournaments in the monotype room and asking managers to try out.

The managers will more than likely not be asking you to tryout for their teams. If you want to tryout, you have to come to us. Look for us when we're online in the monotype room and ask if you can try out then. We're looking for people that are skilled in specific formats and there are a lot of people to look at, so we won't put much effort into searching for you if you ask for a tryout in this thread.

EDIT: kinda/sorta sniped by Sabella

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Name: Twix
PS Name: Twix
Metagames played: Everything but BW
Favorite Pokemon: Snorlax !!!
Favorite Room on PS: Monotype of course!
Worst user: Megazard

Attributes:
- White Privilege
- Esteemed Monotype Voice
- Better than Lax
- I won the monotype monthly challenge using Wobbufett
- 1000 / 3 record against Snowyyy
- Candy Bar
- Went 0-3 in Mono Brigade
- Former member of Alliance and other leagues

Draft me or beware !!!

Attributes:
- White Privilege
- Better than Lax
- Candy Bar

Draft me or beware !!!
lmaooooooo

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Attributes:
- White Privilege
- Better than Lax
- Candy Bar

Draft me or beware !!!
sorry don't know you

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
I feel the need to explain how tryouts work.

This tournament does not have any "official" tryouts. You don't have to tryout at all and you could still be drafted, but if you aren't well known in the community, it's probably a good idea to draw attention to yourself by winning tournaments in the monotype room and asking managers to try out.

The managers will more than likely not be asking you to tryout for their teams. If you want to tryout, you have to come to us. Look for us when we're online in the monotype room and ask if you can try out then. We're looking for people that are skilled in specific formats and there are a lot of people to look at, so we won't put much effort into searching for you if you ask for a tryout in this thread.

EDIT: kinda/sorta sniped by Sabella
Haha of course but thank you for being clear about it. I beilieve many of the managers will really be open to looking at AAA stabmons and mono doubles players. So if you main those metagames or have solid experience in the mono version of those metagames make it apparent also

cool sounds interesting, I'm good at ORAS, and know the basics of doubles and monothreat to use them effectively, I also have my kick ass old Gen 5 bug team that I love near and dear to my heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)