Resource Monotype Sample Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psyshock is to break

The reason the set runs psyshock is to break suicune and beat it 1v1 better. Psyshock also allows it to get past chansey as jirachi creates 101 HP subs so it can set up on it and psyshock allows to beat other calm mind users.
Alright, fair.

All though I don't think this team struggles at beating Chansey, it still makes a lot of sense. Especially against Suicune - all though I haven't seen much of Suicune on the ladder.

What about the Heatran, Celesteela and Jirachi EV's?

Last edited:

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, fair.

All though I don't think this team struggles at beating Chansey, it still makes a lot of sense. Especially against Suicune - all though I haven't seen much of Suicune on the ladder.

What about the Heatran, Celesteela and Jirachi EV's?
The actual jirachi set is this :
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
The set reaches 296 speed which is enough to outspeed suicune and to hit it first with Psyshock in a CM war, modest nature is used for power and the 16 remaining evs are dumped into spa stat, as mentioned above max hp allows it to create 101 hp subs which require two seismic toss to break the set and hence it can do work against normal type team on its own. You can run whatever optimal evs you want, max speed or whatever you like. its just i went for the bare minimum speed required for a threat. Going to edit my op with certain changes after this post.
Also Psyshock on jirachi is much better than Psychic due to the reason i already mentioned and the other is that it doesnt matter when Psyshic hits litttle harder to Mega Venusaur and Toxapex as both still lose to Jirachi even if you run Psyshock, the benefit is that Psyshock allows to beat stuff which Psyshic wont.

Regarding Heatran evs yeah 28 atk evs are optional and regarding Celesteela evs i do have a physically inclined defensive set for it which i did not update it with so that will be done.

Last edited:

Attribute

HYPNOS | pulp
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Cup Winner
new meta calls for new teams. just gonna go ahead and post things in which i feel could be samples.
Offensive Fairy

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Klefki (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Foul Play

Clefable (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter
- Toxic

Azumarill (F) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Return
- Belly Drum

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Roost

Fairy is very different now from when it was a year ago due to the many options people have developed over time. First we have 4 attack Diancie-Mega, which is a big offensive threat that types struggle to deal with. Klefki makes its appearance in this team since it is the best support fairy has to offer as it can spread paralysis, set up screens, and can threaten physical attackers such as Swords Dance Scizor-Mega. Next is the team's Stealth Rock user, Clefable. This Clefable set makes match-ups such as normal a lot easier since it beats the hazard remover (Staraptor), being able to spread poisons, and can threaten the Diggersby and Lopunny with the unexpected Counter. Focus Sash + Counter also allows you to still check some of the steel types in the tier, such as Scizor and Excadrill. Knock Off may also be an option over Toxic so that you can remove important items such as Iapapa Berry on Muk-Alola to prevent its recovery. Azumarill is here due to the great win condition it provides fairy thanks to Z-Belly Drum. Jolly Azumarill allows you to take on Poison teams since you now outspeed Venusaur-Mega and can take it out with Return after some damage. Tapu Bulu acts as one of the revenge killers on the team and as well as having the ability to heal most of its teammates thanks to Grassy Terrain. It has both Wood Hammer and Horn Leech to wallbreak or to heal respectively. Megahorn is used here due to the increase in usage of Celebi on Psychic teams, and Stone edge is used as back up to hit stuff like Crobat and Zapdos. Lastly, Tapu Koko is here since it is a great offensive threat thanks to Electric Terrain and its great speed and to make the Flying match-up easier since Flying has very few ways to get around this set.

Balance Flying

Aerodactyl-Mega (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Mantine (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 244 HP / 88 Def / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 20 Def / 188 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Taunt

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Toxic

Defog Gliscor is one of the best assets that Flying has right now, so I believe its best to have a team that has it. To start it off, we have Aerodactyl-Mega as the team's Stealth Rock due to its ability to keep Stealth Rocks up versus most of the hazard removers in the tier. It is also the only Pokemon on Flying that is able to outspeed Tapu Koko without the use of a Choice Scarf. Mantine is one of the two hazard removers on the team, since Flying heavily appreciates this number of Defog support. The speed ev's allow it to outspeed Jolly Azumarill so that you can haze it every time it tries to set up. The ev spread also makes Psyshock from Choice Scarf Latios to always 3HKO it from full. Gliscor is the second defogger on the team, and is able to remove Stealth Rock versus most of the Stealth Rock setters in the tier thanks to Taunt and its reliable recovery in Roost. The ev spread allows it to live V-Create from Jolly Choice Band Victini from full and outspeed 70 base speed Pokemon with a neutral speed nature such as Bisharp. Sub-Toxic Zapdos is here due to its outstanding job to annoy types such as Dark, Water, Electric, and so on. Tornadus-Therian makes its appearance as its an amazing tool versus defensive teams, and does an outstanding job vs Psychic thanks to the coverage of Knock off + U-Turn and it's one of the few Pokemon that can outspeed and OHKO Gallade-Mega. Finally, we have Celesteela due to its ability to check both physical and special attackers, annoy several things with Leech Seed, and being a great option versus Normal due to the limited amount of options it has to get around Celesteela.

Balance Water

Sharpedo-Mega (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Poison Jab
- Crunch
- Protect

Mantine (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 56 Def / 112 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Toxapex (M) @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Scald

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Rest

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

These 6 Pokemon have made several appearances in tournaments and on the ladder, so I'm just gonna share my version of it. First, we have Sharpedo-Mega due to its fantastic ability to clean up Psychic and Fairy teams, and as STAB + Strong Jaw Crunch just hitting super hard. Mantine is the teams hazard remover and the team's primary specially defensive wall. The EV Spread outspeeds Adamant Azumarill, and allows you to live a +2 Genesis Supernova from Mew at full so that you can haze it. Choice Scarf Greninja makes its way onto the team as its a great way to threaten stuff out like Tapu Koko and being able to clean up types such as Dragon. Toxapex makes its way onto the team since most teams struggle to break it thanks to its great defensive stats, a reliable recovery move, and Regenerator. Baneful Bunker is used since it's a great way to scout things like Choice Band Diggersby. Toxic Spikes is used since the offensive core appreciates the chip damage on Pokemon that they wouldn't be able to usually knock out. Swampert is the team's Stealth Rock user, electric immunity, and Choice Scarf Excadrill switch in. This set allows you to not get poison stalled by flying, allowing you to keep up Stealth Rock more often, and solves the Sub-Toxic Zapdos problem (Waterfall breaks its sub, something Scald can't do), which water would usually end up losing to. Lastly, Keldeo is used due to its ability to break down defensive teams such as Dark, Flying, Water, and many more, thanks to Calm Mind + Taunt.

Balance Flying

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Mantine (M) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Taunt

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic

Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Toxic

Defog Gliscor is one of the best assets that Flying has right now, so I believe its best to have a team that has it. To start it off, we have Aerodactyl-Mega as the team's Stealth Rock due to its ability to keep Stealth Rocks up versus most of the hazard removers in the tier. It is also the only Pokemon on Flying that is able to outspeed Tapu Koko without the use of a Choice Scarf. Mantine is one of the two hazard removers on the team, since Flying heavily appreciates this number of Defog support. The speed ev's allow it to outspeed Jolly Azumarill so that you can haze it every time it tries to set up. The ev spread also makes Psyshock from Choice Scarf Latios to always 3HKO it from full. Gliscor is the second defogger on the team, and is able to remove Stealth Rock versus most of the Stealth Rock setters in the tier thanks to Taunt and its reliable recovery in Roost. The ev spread allows it to live V-Create from Jolly Choice Band Victini from full and outspeed 70 base speed Pokemon with a neutral speed nature such as Bisharp. Sub-Toxic Zapdos is here due to its outstanding job to annoy types such as Dark, Water, Electric, and so on. Tornadus-Therian makes its appearance as its an amazing tool versus defensive teams, and does an outstanding job vs Psychic thanks to the coverage of Knock off + U-Turn and it's one of the few Pokemon that can outspeed and OHKO Gallade-Mega. Finally, we have Celesteela due to its ability to check both physical and special attackers, annoy several things with Leech Seed, and being a great option versus Normal due to the limited amount of options it has to get around Celesteela.
I have 2 suggestions for this team and 1 open comment.

Just wanted to mention that this team has a rough time against Cloyster.

First off, It can freely setup on Celesteela or on Gliscor due to lack of speed control. Whether you use the 112/144 or 4/252 cloyster set, everything dies to rocks at +2, even without Rock Blast:

+2 4 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 88 Def Mantine: 315-375 (84.4 - 100.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.

Furthermore, if rocks are up Cloyster and Kyurem-B provide immense pressure to your team, since Mantine can not safely switch in to Kyurem-B who can also threaten Gliscor, while Cloyster can always Shell Smash on Gliscor. Even if Gliscor runs enough speed to outspeed Cloyster, you're still forced to taunt and leave rocks on the field, ultimately leaving you down a defogger and an electric resist your team really needs it.

Suggestions to fix this:

1. Run enough speed on Gliscor to get 263 speed to outspeed Cloyster. All though Gliscor will die to a non boosted Icicle Spear, at least the rest of your team won't at that point.
2. Run Flamethrower/Energy Ball over Heavy Slam or Toxic on Celesteela so Cloyster can not setup freely on it.
Just give Tornadus a Timid nature. This is done in OU as well. Giving it Knock Off + U-turn together with Hurricane doesn't mean it becomes a dual attacker. Those moves are for support and pivot ability. You want Tornadus to profit as much from Regenerator as possible, while the slight extra damage on Knock Off and U-turn doesn't matter at all.
The open comment. I see you run a fully physically defensive set on Celesteela. Namranan's QC post on Celesteela on steel has the suggestion to run either fully physically defensive or specially defensive. I'm not sure if that's what you want on Celesteela in general. I think running mixed is always a better way to go, but I'm not sure in which situations this would benefit your team more. Celesteela gets kind of overkilled by +2 Waterium Z Cloyster, Tapu Koko and the likes nonetheless.

Just a thought I want to put out.

Last edited:

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I have 2 suggestions for this team and 1 open comment.

Just wanted to mention that this team has a rough time against Cloyster.

First off, It can freely setup on Celesteela or on Gliscor due to lack of speed control. Whether you use the 112/144 or 4/252 cloyster set, everything dies to rocks at +2, even without Rock Blast:

+2 4 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 88 Def Mantine: 315-375 (84.4 - 100.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.

Furthermore, if rocks are up Cloyster and Kyurem-B provide immense pressure to your team, since Mantine can not safely switch in to Kyurem-B who can also threaten Gliscor, while Cloyster can always Shell Smash on Gliscor. Even if Gliscor runs enough speed to outspeed Cloyster, you're still forced to taunt and leave rocks on the field, ultimately leaving you down a defogger and an electric resist your team really needs it.

Suggestions to fix this:

1. Run enough speed on Gliscor to get 263 speed to outspeed Cloyster. All though Gliscor will die to a non boosted Icicle Spear, at least the rest of your team won't at that point.
2. Run Flamethrower/Energy Ball over Heavy Slam or Toxic on Celesteela so Cloyster can not setup freely on it.
Just give Tornadus a Timid nature. This done in OU as well. Giving it Knock Off + U-turn together with Hurricane doesn't mean it becomes a dual attacker. Those moves are for support and pivot ability. You want Tornadus to profit as much from Regenerator as possible, while the slight extra damage on Knock Off and U-turn don't matter at all.
The open comment. I see you run a fully physically defensive set on Celesteela. Namranan's QC post on Celesteela on steel has the suggestion to run either fully physically defensive or specially defensive. I'm not sure if that's what you want on Celesteela in general. I think running mixed is always a better way to go, but I'm not sure in which situations this would benefit your team more. Celesteela gets kind of overkilled by +2 Waterium Z Cloyster, Tapu Koko and the likes nonetheless.

Just a thought I want to put out.
I dont agree with making changes to block specific threats if they dont affect the outcome of the matchup. Cloyster is only run in ice and its quite niche to use it in water teams. That being said, no flying type pokemon has a switchin to kyub that carries a boltbeam set (which is its main set), theres also fast threats like weavile, alolatales and alolaslash that is capable of out speeding maero under hail even with neutral nature. While that specific spread only affects the cloyster, I think that the matchup still favor ice greatly so there is no reason to implement that change.

Last edited:
I dont agree with making changes to block specific threats if they dont affect the outcome of the matchup. Cloyster is only run in ice and its quite niche to use it in Water teams. That Being said, no flying type pokemon has a switchin to kyub that carries a Bolt beam set (which is its main set), theres also Fast threats like weavile alolatales and alolaslash that is capable of out speeding maero under hail even with neutral nature. While that specific spread only affects the cloyster, I think that the outcome of match isnt affected greatly so there is no reason to implement that Change.
This can affect the Ice matchup greatly though.

HO Ice's Alola-Slash gets completely walled by Celesteela and Mantine while Celesteela's Flamethrower threatens it. Weavile also gets walled by Celesteela while Heavy Slam OHKO's it. HO Ice also has no switch-ins to Aerodactyl-Mega's Stone Edge (with rocks up). Kyurem-B's Fusion bolt can't even 2HKO Physically Defensive Celesteela after Leech Seed, which brings it in range of Aero's Stone Edge.

Balanced Ice has Avalugg and Piloswine that are able to take Stone Edges. Balanced Ice is a way harder matchup for this Flying team, to which I agree - it doesn't seem this change would help much.

Then again, stating that it doesn't affect the outcome of a matchup is just false. Even if it jumps from 90/10 to 70/30, it still affected the outcome. This is exactly why I suggested those changes to Attribute, and he's free to take those as he likes. If he would rather not focus on a losing match-up of a type that's dog-ass and non-prominent, then that's his fair choice.

Edit:

Just to add, those changes don't even have to be regarded as "block specific". Flamethrower (or Energy Ball) on Celesteela hits more than just Cloyster. 263 speed on Gliscor also allows you to outspeed Mega Swampert outside of rain, Breloom, Metagross, Bisharp, Volcanion and anything else of BP 70 you like.

Last edited:
New at this but hi i'm CC! neat to meet you :)
I'm going to post a fighting team yay!
Definitely not going to do the sprites but I hope u look at these teams for what they are not because of fun pictures
I should note that i'm not the best at descriptions because I understand this game on an intuitive level rather than analytically?

Fighting Hyper Offensive
Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Soundproof
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Taunt
- Close Combat

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick

Gallade @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Let's go through this one by one like stairs! Breloom is a powerful lead with magical sleep powers infernape functions as a priority mangler hawlucha hah more like sweeplucha keldeo does the coverage action well kommo is secretly a wall breaker believe it! uh U don't "need" to use rocks in 99% of matchups but terrakion is there if u do!

Last edited:
Offensive Rock

Importable
Golem-Alola (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

Shuckle (F) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Knock Off
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Omastar (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Archeops (M) @ Power Herb
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Endeavor
- Sky Attack
- Acrobatics

Description
Golem is used to trap pesky Steel Pkm (Scizor, Celesteela, etc.) that, otherwise, would cause team members such as Mega Diancie or Terrakion a lot of troubles.

Shuckle profits much from Gluttony and its berry as they allow it to stay longer in the battle. Furthermore, this allows it to switch into powerful attacks and set up Stealth Rock or Sticky Web. An Impish nature is used to better take on Landorous, Scizor or Excadrill and remove their items via Knock off or lock them into a single move if it uses Encore, thus supporting the rest of your team. For example, if your opposing Pkm is locked into Earth Quake, you can switch out Shuckle and send in Air Balloon Omastar to set up with Shell Smash.

Diancie helps in the Fighting and Dragon match-up.

Terrakion is generally good at pressuring Steel and Normal Teams. And with Choice Scarf and Sticky Web on the field it can outspeed Scarf Greninja or Scarf Keldeo.

Omastar puts a lot of pressure on Ground teams as long as it has Air Balloon to set up with Shell Smash. Hidden Power Grass can easily remove Gastrodon, Seismitoad, and Swampert. And Swift Swim makes it so that Rain Teams won't overwhelm your team so long Omastar has boosted its stats or Sticky Web is on the field. If you don't like Swift Swim, you could replace it with Weak Armor.

Archeops is used to have a better match-up against Grass and Fighting Teams and Mega Venusaur in general. Power Herb activates Sky Attack, which deals a lot of damage to opposing Pkm, and synergizes well with Acrobatics. Endeavor makes it so that Archeops won't be useless if its ability is activated. With Rocks on the field Sky Attack has a chance of 87.5 to OHKO standard Mega Venusaur.

Last edited:
The actual jirachi set is this :
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
The set reaches 296 speed which is enough to outspeed suicune and to hit it first with Psyshock in a CM war, modest nature is used for power and the 16 remaining evs are dumped into spa stat, as mentioned above max hp allows it to create 101 hp subs which require two seismic toss to break the set and hence it can do work against normal type team on its own. You can run whatever optimal evs you want, max speed or whatever you like. its just i went for the bare minimum speed required for a threat. Going to edit my op with certain changes after this post.
Also Psyshock on jirachi is much better than Psychic due to the reason i already mentioned and the other is that it doesnt matter when Psyshic hits litttle harder to Mega Venusaur and Toxapex as both still lose to Jirachi even if you run Psyshock, the benefit is that Psyshock allows to beat stuff which Psyshic wont.

Regarding Heatran evs yeah 28 atk evs are optional and regarding Celesteela evs i do have a physically inclined defensive set for it which i did not update it with so that will be done.
Sorry for reopening this topic again, but while building my own Steel team, I noticed a different spread has a better optimization.

The first one (your example) hits 264 Special Attack and 296 Speed.

The one below has 266 Special attack and 297 Speed.

I know that we're only talking about 3 points total, but if it's free, we've got to take it.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- U-turn

Klefki @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Return
- Knock Off

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Posting this updated Fairy team to bump this thread because these sample teams could reaaaaaally use a revamp.

Last edited:
Mega Latios Dragon
Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Drain Punch
- Taunt
- Flamethrower

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Recover

HO Steel
Celesteela @ Metronome
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Autotomize
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

Bisharp @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Klefki @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost [\Hide]

Wanted to help updating the sample teams. Rn dont have time to add reasons and explaining teams but later today I’ll comeback and edit the post for that.

Last edited:
Mega Latios Dragon
Versace (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Cold (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

AR Milli (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower

MiMi (Latias) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Django (Kommo-o) @ Kommonium Z
Hasty Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Drain Punch
- Taunt
- Flamethrower

Takeoff (Latios-Mega) @ Latiosite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Recover

HO Steel
Pack (Celesteela) @ Metronome
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Autotomize
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Dorell (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

ILlama (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

It’s Hatch (Bisharp) @ Darkinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Balto (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave

AR Milli (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost [\Hide]

Wanted to help updating the sample teams. Rn dont have time to add reasons and explaining teams but later today I’ll comeback and edit the post for that.
Wow you went to name them all after good players and you didn't even name one of the dragons Soma? -1 point for that lol

Jokes aside that is a very intriguing dragon.... but I don't think its super straight forward to use for newer players... course newer players are using the mega latias bulk set...

Oh and also if you have two teams split them into two "hide text" icons... and lastly explain your thoughts... All sample teams normally do this

Lastly to anyone here... update electric lol, I keep seeing people use non Zeraora teams cause they are using the samples XD

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Offensive Electric
Zeraora @ Choice Band
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Golem-Alola @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Wild Charge

Last edited:
I'll be running Sample Teams from now on, thank you to Tyke for your dedication to this project for an entire year. Sorry for the delay between updates. Due to length, this is post 1 out of 2. Thank you to everyone that continued to contributed over the past half year whether or not it was approved. Many teams were rejected for being out of date as of now, even though they were fine at the time. Sorry again. Your help is always greatly appreciated.

Balanced Stakataka Steel

View attachment 106191View attachment 106192View attachment 106193View attachment 106194View attachment 106195View attachment 106196

Skarmory - Skarmory is a great utility and tank for steel as it has great physical defense and access to Defog and Whirlwind. This set runs almost full physical investment with rocky helmet and some special defense so that it can take some weak special hits. The rocky helmet helps chip away at physcial attackers like Mega-Gallade so that the match gets easier over time. Whirlwind is used to act as a way of phazing out boosted mons like Kommo-o, defog is run due to Excadrill running toxic on this team. Brave bird is keep skarm from being taunt bait, while also being a decent physical attack that can further wear down physical threats to the team. Sturdy is the ability used so that skarmory doesn't get OHKO'd so long as it is healthy.

Excadrill - Excadrill is the premier speed control of the team, being able to outspeed most naturally fast mons like mega-aerodactyl and revenge kill them. On this team, Excadrill runs a choice scarf for obvious reasons and uses Earthquake, Iron Head, and Rock Slide to cover most of the threats it needs to KO. This set also uses Toxic as a way of breaking through some troublesome defensive cores like the eviolite core and most defensive flying mons like mantine and zapdos. Mold Breaker is run to break through things like Mimikyu's disguise so it KO it with iron Head, and Mega-Sableye's Magic bounce so that it can use toxic on it and wear it down. It must run a Jolly nature so that it can secure a KO on Rotom-wash.

Scizor-mega - Scizor-Mega is a powerful priority sweeper with Bullet Punch and Swords Dance. Scizor-mega is run to be as bulky as possible without compromising its threatening sweep potential. The Ev's allow it to take a lot of weak hits without being 2HKO'd allowing it set up and sweep a little easier as the team is more balance based. Bullet Punch is Scizor's main move that is boosted by technician once it mega evolves allowing it to become a powerful 60BP priority move. Uturn is used for slower pivoting, roost is used to increase scizor's longevity, and swords dance increases Scizor's offensive presence. Light metal is the pre-mega ability because it allows scizor to take less damage from weight based moves like low kick and grass knot.

Stakataka - Stakataka is a powerful tr sweeper that can switch in on weak attacks and set up TR to use its three moves in Gyro Ball, Earthquake, and Stone Edge to eliminate opposing Pokemon. It runs 15 IV's in defense and runs a Lonely nature in order for Beast Boost to Boost attack. It also runs no speed investment with 0 IV's to assure that it outspeeds almost every Pokemon in the game under TR. It uses Rockium Z in order to Nuke walls like Celesteela so that it can sweep the rest of the team without being stopped.

Heatran - A staple on steel teams, its immunity to fire is invaluable. On this team it runs an Air Balloon in order to provide an additional ground immunity, and uses Magma Storm to trap enemy walls or support mons. Earth power and stone edge are used as coverage against opposing fire types like Volcarona, Charizard-Y, and Torkoal. Taunt is used to prevent enemy walls from recovering health or use any other support move that would make its situation easier. Heatran runs max speed and special attack in order to hit its threats hard and fast with 24 Ev's in attack in order to KO volcarona and Char-y with stone edge as mentioned before.

Ferrothorn - Ferrothorn is the mixed wall that sports a great defensive typing and can be hard for teams to take down with its iron barbs and leech seed passive recovery. This set runs mixed defenses and maximum bulk to ensure that ferrothorn will be able to take a lot of hits. Power whip is run to hit water-ground types like Swampert and Gastrodon that give steel a hard time, and leech seed is used to passively recover on opposing offensive threats. Protect is run to scout out opposing mons, and Stealth rock is run since skarmory is running defog. The Ev's allow ferro to survive plenty of attacks from physical and special attackers, allowing it to set up leech seed or stealth rock.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
Team looks too weak to Water and Flying here. Would probably need to make too many changes. Rejected

Stakataka Steel

View attachment 109219View attachment 109220View attachment 109221View attachment 109222View attachment 109223View attachment 109224

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick Room

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Earthquake

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Celesteela @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Flash Cannon
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
This is an offensive team with a focus on Trick Room, but doesn't necessarily rely on it, taking advantage of the natural bulk many Steel-types have to offer, while having a variety of speed control methods. Half the team is well-known sets everyone knows, and the rest are tweaked to support the team's needs.

Jirachi is one of the two Trick Room setters, as two is really all you need. It's specially bulky to survive many hits, like Magma Storm, so it can set Trick Room against almost any Special attacker. It serves as a viable lead option against many types, as this team has no strictly dedicated lead. It has 108 Speed so it can consistently outspeed Breloom, using Zen Headbutt to knock it out quickly. Once Trick Room is set, the Speed will make you usually move last, allowing you to absorb a hit while you U-Turn into a sweeper you don't want to risk.
For alternate versions of the set, you could use Healing Wish, to ensure your sweepers can stay alive even longer, Heart Stamp, or changing Speed as you like.

Heatran is the other best lead option, as a Stealth Rock setter with enough power to KO many things the team might otherwise struggle with, like Mega Sableye. This versatility makes it work as a good lead or sweeper. You could replace a move with Taunt if you want another stallbreaker, but between Scizor, Celesteela and Stakataka, as well as Toxic Excadrill, not much can wall this team.

Stakataka is the other TR setter, and just having it in play can often end a match. It survives many hits like Mega Gyarados's Waterfall and defensive Gliscor's Earthquake due to the extreme Physical bulk it has even when made for an Attack Beast Boost. Like Jirachi can set up against nearly any Special attacker, Stakataka works against most Physical.

Mega Scizor has enough Physical defense to be 3HKOed even in base form by attacks like Scarf Heracross's Close Combat, giving you time to set up and start sweeping. Bullet Punch is especially important as it's nice to be able to consistently move first on a team with intentionally slow Pokemon. Knock Off is for Pokemon like Chansey and Jellicent, but you could run Bug Bite, though the Bug STAB isn't really important on Steel. You could also run more Speed to make Azumarill and other Pokemon around that level a little easier to deal with.

Celesteela is the team's primary Special sweeper, using two STABS, a reliable draining move that can KO Ground and Water types that otherwise threaten the team, and a powerful Fire attack for Pokemon like Ferrothorn or Skarmory. Assault Vest gives it great longevity in conjunction with Giga Drain, even allowing it to take out Garchomp 1v1. Once it gets a Beast Boost, it snowballs easily, and causes Giga Drain to heal it even easier.

Excadrill is emergency speed control, being able to take out a variety of opponents from rival Steel-types to Fire-types like Mega Charizard Y when you may not be able to set TR. Toxic is great to catch Physical walls like Hippowdon, Porygon2, and Physical bulk Zapdos off guard. I opted not to use Rapid Spin because Spikes are rare outside of Fairy and Grass, which are easy matchups anyway, Steel resists Stealth Rock, is immune to Toxic Spikes, and Sticky Web is actually doing this team a favor.

Full TR isn't what we're looking for either. Rejected
I thought that a second Ice sample might be nice.

Offensive Ice (feat. Avalugg+Piloswine Defensive Core)

View attachment 115328View attachment 115329View attachment 115324View attachment 115343View attachment 115344View attachment 115345

This is a fairly standard Ice team that showcases some mons not in the current sample, like Avalugg, Piloswine, and Cloyster. Despite Ice being a poor defensive typing, Aurora Veil combined with the sheer bulk of the defensive core lets this team stand up against many strong attackers while using Cloyster and Scarf Mamoswine as strong cleaners with support from Alolatales and Kyu-B.

View attachment 115330Kyurem-Black is a staple on almost every Ice team due to it being a fantastic mixed wallbreaker that can deal with pesky Steel and Water types extremely easily. This set runs the standard coverage of Ice Beam, Fusion Bolt, and Earth Power, with HP Fire used over Roost so the team has a way of offensively pressuring Mega Scizor and dealing with Ferrothorn easily.

View attachment 115331Avalugg is the best physical wall and defensive Rapid Spin user Ice has access to, being able to take strong physical hits throughout the battle. Avalanche gives Avalugg decent offensive presence, Recover lets it sustain itself, and Roar lets it not be complete setup bait against things Avalanche doesn't hit for relevant damage. Rocky Helmet is preferred over Leftovers so it can rapidly wear down physical attackers combined with hail.

View attachment 115336Ninetales-Alola is one of Ice's saving graces, supporting the team with Aurora Veil so the entire team can tank hits better. Dual stabs let it exert good offensive pressure and deal with Mega Sableye, and Encore shuts down passive mons, particularly Stealth Rock setters so they can be managed easier.

View attachment 115337Piloswine becomes a bulky special tank while holding an Eviolite, and Thick Fat lets it handle special attacking Fire types quite nicely. Earthquake and Rock Slide let it threaten most offensive Fire mons. Stealth Rock is mandatory on almost any competitive team and running it here allows Mamoswine to run a more offensive set. Toxic wears down attackers and puts them on a timer. 12 Attack EVs guarantee Volcarona is OHKOed by Rock Slide.

View attachment 115339Cloyster is a strong late-game cleaner with Shell Smash that can find a decent number of setup opportunities thanks to it's solid physical bulk and Aurora Veil. Rock Blast and Icicle Spear with Skill Link, combined Z-Hydro Pump sweeps through the majority of the metagame after a boost. 144 SpAtk EVs are run to OHKO Bulky Mega Scizor with Hydro Vortex after rocks at +2.

View attachment 115341Mamoswine with a Choice Scarf provides valuable speed control and handles a number of threats to Ice teams, and has good late-game cleaning potential. Dual stabs hit the majority of the metagame for strong damage, Stone Edge lets it deal with threats like Charizard Y and Mega Pinsir, and Superpower lets it deal with Mega Lopunny. However, Knock Off could be run over Superpower to also improve the Normal matchup by weakening the Eviolite Core.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Roar
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Encore

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Cloyster @ Waterium Z
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 112 Atk / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower

I wouldn't really call this offense when it has a phys + spdef wall core. Nevertheless, approved.

Whiscash Stall Water - "Triple Degenerator"
Yes, this team has a Whiscash on it. No, it's not a liability, Whiscash is an important piece to this team, and it functions excellently. It's a hidden gem from the lower tiers that complements the other tanks on this team. I have peaked at #7 on the ladder with this team at a rating of 1766 solely with this team, and I'll put replays below to further show that this isn't just a meme, it's a legitimately scary team. This team is easy to use, extremely effective, and is a lot of fun to use, so I think it would be a good team to put down as a sample team for new players to pick up. I will go in depth about matchups and playstyle below.
Whiscash @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Whirlpool

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Scald

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Power Gem
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Scald
So to start, we have to address the elephant in the room, Whiscash. This is a trapping set intended to kill things that cannot fight back. Whirlpool + Toxic are a great way to chip at an annoying enemy wall, and Earthquake is a solid stab move that deals a lot of damage to electric types, one of this team's few weaknesses (although I should mention here that the mono-electric matchup is actually favorable to the player using this team, I'll go more in depth below). Finally, rest rounds this set out by giving Whiscash a recovery option as well as an effective PP stall method. Whiscash has great synergy with Pelipper, as it is able to spam rest in the rain and wake up immediately with its ability, Hydration. Hydration also allows Whiscash to heal its other statuses without wasting a PP for rest or Lanturn's heal bell. Although primarily a trapper, Whiscash can also simply lay down toxic if it is unfavorable to use a turn to click Whirlpool. This set is able to completely sweep bulkier teams without ways to set up or hit Whiscash hard. Combine all of this with its underrated bulk, and Whiscash is the star of this team.

The next Pokemon on this team is Pelipper. This is on here pretty much as the defogger of this team. A common tactic to beat stall is to set up multiple hazards so that it is hard to switch back and forth between walls, so Pelipper is crucial to stopping this. Most hazard setters are relatively weak, making it possible for Pelipper to safely defog and roost after if it takes any damage. Its ability to set rain for a few turns is also important for this team. Besides having synergy with Whiscash, as previously mentioned, the rain also boosts the power of scald on Slowbro, Slowking, Toxapex, and Lanturn as well as itself, which can actually let this team deal damage beyond just clicking Toxic. This is especially helpful against mono-steel because you cannot just Toxic stall the enemy. Overall, this is just a safe, standard pick for mono-water. Mantine is also possible here, but I prefer Pelipper for the rain synergy with Whiscash which has been crucial in many match ups.

The third pick starts to introduce the primary defensive core of this team that I dubbed "triple degenerator." Toxapex, Slowbro, and Slowking all get the ability regenerator, which allows them to switch back and forth to heal without using any moves while wasting the opponent's PP. I've mentioned PP a lot in this description, and I'll go further in depth below, but PP stall is a very viable, and sometimes necessary, strategy with this team, but sometimes it leaves the opponent helpless. Regenerator switching can help mitigate the effects of hazards if Pelipper goes down too early to remove rocks, and overall it keeps this core healthy throughout the game. Anyway, Toxapex is the only hazard setter on this team with T-Spikes. This is obviously to spread status so that you can focus on keeping your walls alive and healthy while your opponent slowly loses his Pokemon. Toxapex is also one of the few members of this team able to take a grass type attack. This makes it a crucial part of beating any mono-poison team with Mega Venusaur or in having a fighting chance vs Tapu Bulu mono-fairy. Scald is a standard move used to deal little bits of damage as well as potentially burn targets that you can't poison, and Haze prevents enemy sweepers from setting up. Recover rounds this set out by giving Toxapex a recovery move to spam as the opponent dies slowly to poison damage. This set is nothing special on its own, but in combination with the rest of the team, it can become a monster.

The next mon up in the triple degenerator core is Mega Slowbro. Mega Slowbro, having one of the highest defense stats in the game, makes for a great physical wall against any team, regardless of type matchups. It is not always in your best interest to immediately mega evolve, as Slowbro does get access to regenerator. This set's main purpose is to sweep the enemy once they have been thoroughly stalled out by setting Calm Minds and attacking with Scald and Fire Blast. Scald is just a standard stab move, and Fire Blast hits steel types and grass types for super effective damage, specifically Ferrothorn who, without Fire Blast coverage, would be able to single handedly take care of this entire team. Finally, Slack Off gives Slowbro recovery that allows it to take on the likes of Tyranitar and other strong physical attackers.

The final mon in this disgusting core is Slowking, the special wall counterpart to Mega Slowbro. With Assault Vest, Slowking eats almost every unboosted special attack out there barring electric terrain electric type attacks. When I was talking about Pelipper, I deliberately left out how you could use it to win the weather wars vs monofire teams that use Charizard-Y because Slowking covers that problem. Slowking takes between 30% and 40% from solar beam, and it hits back hard with Power Gem (more precise calcs below). Slowking only fears mons that set up, which Toxapex covers nicely, or physical mons that Slowbro walls. Ice Beam is handy in dealing 2x damage to dragon types such as Hydreigon and the Lati's. The main weakness of this mon comes in the fact that it cannot use recovery moves, but regenerator covers for that nicely, allowing the player to switch between two regenerator mons until Slowking is up to the health it needs, provided that it isn't taking too much damage in between switches.

The last mon to round this team out is Lanturn, this team's main answer to electric types. Lanturn has few weaknesses, which makes it very good for taking a hit and spreading Toxic to another mon. More importantly, however, Lanturn has access to Heal Bell, which can remove Toxic or burn from your own Pokemon. This has some synergy with Whiscash as well, especially if Pelipper was already knocked out, because you can Heal Bell the sleep from Rest away. Finally, Volt Switch gives Lanturn the ability to slow pivot into something else as well as lay down decent electric stab damage against certain targets, and Scald rounds the set out by being a solid move to use in general.
This team has a pretty simple playstyle, being a stall team: residually whittle down at your opponent while keeping your own Pokemon alive. Generally you want to send in something that can take a hit from the mon that is out at the moment, then recover the damage away while they switch out to deal with your new wall. Throughout this whole process, try to set up Toxic Spikes if they would help you against the other team (so don't set them against mono-poison, steel, or flying lol), and always try to deal residual, permanent damage on things that cannot recover. Against opponents that can recover, try to toxic them if you can, or force them to use their recovery moves and PP stall them. At this point, I should bring up PP stall because it's an important skill to have for any budding stall player. There are a lot of matchups that are only winning because the regenerator core is able to PP stall. Against Mega-Venusaur poison, Toxapex + Slowking can completely stall out leech seed PP as well as Giga Drain by swapping in and out thinking about it. In other scenarios, you can PP stall a lot of mons with recovery by trapping them with Whiscash and using Toxic or Earthquake to deal damage over time. This is best seen against Chansey, which can get rid of the Toxic damage by simply switching out. However, if you can trap the Chansey and then Toxic it, then you can make the Chansey waste a bunch of Soft-boiled PP before it is freed from Whirlpool. Eventually, if you can get rid of all of the Soft-boiled PP, you no longer have to worry about being walled out because scalds over time will remove Chansey from the game. PP Stalling may not be the most fun way to play this game, but it's also an important skill for a stall player to have, regardless of their team. If someone wants to pick up this sample team in the first place, they probably enjoy stalling the opponent out so the PP stall aspect of this team probably won't be that much of an issue for them anyway. It's not like you need to PP stall against every matchup anyway, and I'll go through each type below and whether or not PP stall is necessary.
Here, I will go over some special cases that are important to success in laddering. Some types have relatively uncommon threats that change the matchup entirely, or have threats that require a specific playstyle to defeat, so I will go over those here.

Grass: Just to get this out of the way, you will almost invariably lose to this type. It's not worth explaining all of the things you can try to do to win because you just won't. I don't advocate for forfeiting based on matchup alone, so I would still encourage you to play the game, but don't get your hopes up about this matchup. It's ok though, every other matchup is winnable, and mono-grass is uncommon anyway.

Normal: The normal type matchup should be easy barring maybe Diggersby. Diggersby's pure damage dealing power can tear through many of the walls on this team. The only thing that can take a hit is Mega Slowbro, which takes between 38% and 45% from banded Return. If you can somehow set up a position where you can land a Scald on the Diggersby, you have a chance at an OHKO, so Slowbro is your best bet for this threat. Otherwise, Mono-normal is basically freelo. Send Slowking in on Meloetta every time (unless they are a random Relic Song set), trap Chansey and Porygon2, spread Toxic everywhere, and stall the game out like any other stall team. This matchup is 90-10 in your favor, 60-40 if they run Diggersby.

Water: Against other water teams, it is crucial to trap Toxapex with Whiscash and PP stall the recover. Once Toxapex is fully PP stalled out, you should be able to kill it with Whiscash after trapping it again. From there, Toxic Spikes should be able to win the game. Otherwise, just focus on spreading Toxic to everything you can. Toxapex can come in pretty safely on Greninja every time, even if it is running Extrasensory since that only deals 53-63%. Against rain, Slowking walls Kingdra hard and Pelipper walls most Mega Swampert sets since they don't run Stone Edge much anymore. Although, if you want a safer option, Slowbro walls Swampert as well. The only big threat that water poses is that Manaphy can set up and ruin your team with one Tail Glow. Although Slowking can take a few hits from Manaphy, Manaphy can ultimately force Slowking to switch to heal with regenerator and take out other things on your team. If Manaphy comes in, immediately switch to Lanturn and start chipping away at it using Volt Switch and Slowking's Scalds. It's important to point out that Toxapex cannot easily Haze these Tail Glows away because most Manaphy carry Psychic, which deals too much damage for Toxapex to stay in. Also, since most Manaphy sets run Z-Rain Dance, you cannot use Toxic to stall Manaphy out because it also gets Hydration to heal it. You have to deal damage using Lanturn and Slowking before it gets fully set up to beat it. Overall, against most Water teams you have a favorable 70-30 matchup and against Manaphy Water, that drops to 40-60, but it's still doable.

Electric: Recently, after perfecting the playstyle against electric type teams, I have found that this team actually has an 80-20 favorable matchup against mono-electric. In this matchup, I abuse Lanturn to set Toxic everywhere while taking little damage in return. Tapu Koko Grass Knot deals almost nothing to Lanturn, and I can use Volt Switch and Scald to whittle Tapu Koko down after setting Toxic on it. Lanturn can also heal itself by eating electric type attacks if you can make decent predictions. Finally, Whiscash can trap and kill everything on Mono-Electric that doesn't have a grass type move including Rotom-W, Zapdos, Magnezone, Zeraora, and Mega-Manectric, among others. I will post replays below as a model of how to play this matchup well.

Dragon: This matchup would be extremely easy if not for Kyurem-B. Kyurem can click Fusion Bolt on most of the team, and Ice Beam deals over half to Whiscash. Thankfully, Mega Slowbro takes less than half from Fusion Bolt, making it a good counter to Kyurem. Furthermore, if your opponent no longer has a way to Toxic your Slowbro, you can just Calm Mind sweep them. Since Shell Armor makes it impossible to land a critical hit, you can get guaranteed set up and win easily. Slowking also walls Hydreigon pretty hard, even though Hydreigon has Dark Pulse. This matchup is probably 70-30 or 80-20 depending on how well you play.

Fairy: If Tapu Bulu didn't exist, this matchup would be almost free. However, Tapu Bulu will completely blow through this team, whether it has Choice Band or not. Choice Scarf Grassy Terrain Wood Hammer, the most common set, deals at least over half to everything on this team if it doesn't outright OHKO it, and things only get worse if it can set up or has Choice Band. However, not all hope is lost, as if you can land a Scald burn, then this matchup is a lot more doable. You might have to sacrifice a mon or two, but if you can land the burn on Tapu Bulu, then Toxapex walls it hard. From there, if you can deal with Diancie and Tapu Koko, you will be able to win this matchup. I would put this matchup at 30-70 against this team since Scald has a 30% chance of burning.

Poison: Only thing to remember is that Toxapex hard walls Muk-Alola and that you can beat Venusaur-Mega through PP stall. Otherwise, this matchup is pretty free. 80-20.
Vs Psychic https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-774999620
Vs Electric https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-771587482
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-771443494
Vs Fairy (an example of how to take down Tapu Bulu and to showcase that once Bulu goes down there is little way for fairy to break Toxapex)
EDIT I messed up and forgot to post the replay and I lost it, but basically I got a Toxic off on the Tapu Bulu and let it die from Toxic + Wood Hammer recoil. Then I proceeded to snack on his team.

Thanks for checking out this team regardless of whether it makes it or not. I decided to post this team because A. There was no stall water sample team and I feel like having two balanced water teams was redundant when stall water is very possible and although not common, still around here and there. B. Whiscash is very underappreciated IMO, which makes sense because Swampert does a lot of what Whiscash does except better (actually, Swampert can run the exact same set with better stats, just without access to Hydration). However, I think that the few sets Whiscash can run that Swampert cannot (rest stall with Hydration in the rain) are noteworthy and strong enough to be noticed.
Sorry this isn't really a sample-quality team. The team is great (You know I love it), but new players just aren't going to be able to pilot this right. It doesn't help them really learn the metagame and it's in general a very nuanced and specific team. Posting it in RMT was a good idea, and you know what changes I would make. Nice team but I have to reject this.

Just dropping a couple of changes that would bring the existing teams more up to date. I tried to keep this not as personal preference but mostly what the norms are of team building in the current meta.

Curse Muk > Assault Vest Muk

Curse Muk has become the standard set ran on most balanced dark teams due to it being a great bulky-wincon while still reliably switching into special attackers thanks to the ability to heal itself.

Muk-Alola @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Change Tyranitar to 252/252

Chople Berry Tyranitar is really not used anymore, it generally runs max SpDef these days to serve as a special wall and hazard setter and let Mandibuzz check the physical attackers.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
More Speed on Gliscor

Since Gliscor serves as the team's consistent Heatran switch-in (Charizard fears Stone Edge and can't switch in if rocks are up), it probably makes sense to run enough speed to outrun it. This also lets it outpace threats like Adamant Diggserby.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
Switch the Toxic User
Chansey being the Toxic spreader is almost a given since it is able to avoid Toxic itself thanks to Natural Cure, whereas Porygon2 forces a "status exchange" when facing an opposing Toxic user. Porygon2 can either opt to carry Thunder Wave itself or run a Download+3 attacks set.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Fire]
HP Fire > Sludge Bomb and EV adjustments
HP Fire provides much more useful coverage than Sludge Bomb, especially considering Poison teams do not struggle to spread status with Toxic Spikes+Poison Touch. Also the 32 SpDef EVs aren't needed when they are intended for Mega Alakazam, which is very rare and is trapped by Muk easily anyway.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
1 more point of Speed lol
This is tiny but 60 speed puts it at 201, so it can always U-Turn before a 16 Speed Mega Venusaur can hit it with HP Fire.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance
Implementing all. Except Mega Scizor. That's not how we do things. You can use 201 Speed, but we cannot have that in a sample team. This kind of Speed creeping is a cardinal sin.

Bulky Offense/Balance Mega Latias Psychic

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Slack Off

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Recover
- Refresh

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Brick Break
- U-turn

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Defog
Pretty standard balanced/bulky offense (I honestly don't know what to call it lol) featuring some of Psychic's big threats that currently are unrepresented in the samples. Jirachi serves as the team's hazard setter and can pivot with U-Turn since it is able to force alot of switches due to the fear of crippling status or flinch spam, with enough speed to outspeed Adamant Diggersby. Mew helps check physcial attackers with Will-O-Wisp and cripple walls with Taunt+Knock Off, and has enough speed for 252 Timid Suicune. Slowbro serves as the physical tank of the team, which uses the standard Colbur Berry+Thunder Wave combo to check threats like Mega Sharpedo, as well as Fire Blast for Scizor and Bisharp. Mega Latias serves as a strong bulky wincon against types like Water, Normal, and Flying. Victini with Choice Band helps as a strong wallbreaker for matchups like Dark and Steel which Mega Latias struggles to do anything against. This set carries Brick Break to dent Heatran and remove Tyranitar, two common switchins, but this could be exchanged for Trick to let it freely U-Turn on these threats at the cost of power. Latios lastly serves as the speed control as well as Defogger, with Trick so it cripple a wall and Defog more freely against passive types like Water.
These replays are mainly just to show how busted Mega Latias is, despite many newer mono players overlooking it.

6-0 vs Electric https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-784097051

Shows how Greninja on Water cannot check it due to being PP Stalled eventually (staus makes it faster) https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-784099368
Approved, but I'm slowing Mew down. We have Stored Power Mega Latias; Suicune isn't a threat at all.

Bisharp @ Choice Scarf
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Bronzong @ Focus Sash
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis
- Protect
- Trick Room

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Swords Dance

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 19 Spe
- Healing Wish
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- U-turn

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Trick Room
Rejected. Sorry, but I'm not looking for full TR teams.

Looking at the sample teams, one of them deeply struck me as being outdated. So, to remedy this problem, I'm suggesting a new team that better reflects the current metagame trends:

Offensive Electric

Golem-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Galvanize
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- Knock Off
Compared to the current sample Electric team, Tapu Koko is the one to act as a special wallbreaker, and is a great Dragon deterrent with Dazzling Gleams that can KO pretty much any Dragon-type. Volt Switch provides Tapu Koko's team momentum and a way to generally damage foes much more than it could with U-turn. A-Golem is, once again, the team's Stealth Rock setter. Due to the absence of Magnezone on the team, A-Golem uses Earthquake over Stone Edge to OHKO Excadrill. Zapdos now uses a physically defensive spread to better deal with Tapu Bulu and Choice Scarf Excadrill. It also has enough Speed investment to outspeed certain threats like non-Scarfed Tapu Bulu and Jolly Diggersby. Pressure is used so that Zapdos can PP stall out Stealth Rock from opposing hazard setters and Excadrill's Rock Slide. Additionally, Rotom-W changes from a physically defensive spread to a specially defensive one so that the team can have a better Heatran switch-in (not to mention other special attackers). Finally, Zeraora puts immense pressure on Normal and Steel teams thanks to its coverage moves and Knock Off's utility. Indeed, even Porygon2 isn't a safe switch-in as Knock Off + Close Combat is a clean KO after SR damage. What's more is that Zeraora is fast enough to outspeed Scarf Tapu Bulu and can KO it after some prior damage (from Specs Tapu Koko's Volt Switch in Grassy Terrain for example). Yes, using Zeraora over Magnezone will make the Grass matchup much harder, but since Grass teams are far from being the most viable ones, I personally think that it'd be better to solidify the Normal matchup, as Normal teams are way more viable than Grass ones.

Edit #1: A-Raichu keeps the exact same set because the team needs a way to harm M-Venusaur and Water-immune Ground-types (not to mention that it outspeeds the whole metagame under Electric Terrain).
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-785882666 vs Psychic (With the help of many Volt Switches, Zeraora puts a ton of work and gets five KOs)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-785923833 vs Fairy (The matchup becomes much more manageable after crippling Tapu Bulu and uncovering its set (from Stone Edge's damage output) on Turn 1)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-785935489 vs Steel (After Heatran is out, Zapdos PP stalls Excadrill and basically wins the game)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-785941833 vs Fighting (A classic A-Raichu sweep)

More replays coming soon! (hopefully...)

Edit #2: Just realized that A-Raichu was Timid in all of the replays above. A Modest nature wouldn't have changed much, but still...
Rejected. Outdated after all this time.
Monotype Ice Sample Team: Bulky Offensive Ice

I felt like Ice could use a slightly more Balanced Sample as well, since currently it only has a hyperoffensive one.
The main pros of using a balanced team over a hyperoffensive one, are durability with more room for slight errors or hax and being able to rely on solid defenses, meaning you don't have to sack a mon every time you get pressured. Furthermore the team doesn't have to rely on a single mon for being both the highest speed tier and the rapid spinner (Alola-Sandslash) and can use the offensive part of Mamoswine to it's full potential, while Piloswine does the setting part - being a great special tank too.

The offensive core is formed by Mamoswine, Kyurem B and Cloyster. The defensive core is formed by Avalugg and Piloswine. Ninetales is the GOAT mon for Ice, known for it's Aurora Veil and Encore trapping, while also damaging Water with Freeze Dry.

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Superpower

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Roar

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry

Cloyster @ Waterium Z
Ability: Skill Link
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Hydro Pump
I approved a different Ice team that has a similar theme, so this one is rejected, sorry.

Post 2 of 2.
Going to post here some teams which I believe can be used as samples, also going to propose some set changes on some of the existing sample teams.

* Zeraora Electric Offense:

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Zeraora @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 132 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The set for Alolan-Golem is an offensive trapper set which works in similar fashion to Air Balloon Magnezone to trap and take out threats like Ferrothorn and Excadrill for Electric-type teams. It also has Stealth Rock so the set works as a great role compression and hence why it is chosen on the team. Next up we have Choice Band Zeraora which is a very good wallbreaker, being able to break Normal-type teams with Close Combat and Plasma Fists. Iron Tail is for Tapu Bulu since it outspeeds Choice Scarf Tapu Bulu and Knock off is just for general utility. Then we have Alolan-Raichu on the team to take advantage of Electric Terrain and to act as a cleaner as well, it also takes care of bulky Ground and water types such as Swampert and Seismitoad with Grass Knot. Next there is Bulky Rotom-Wash on the team to cripple Physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp and provide Slow Volt Switch support to the team. Completing the defensive core there is specially defensive Zapdos on the team providing Defog support and lastly Tapu Koko as the Electric Terrain setter and a check to Dragon-types.

*Metagross Balance Psychic:

Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Scald
- Slack Off

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 48 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Brick Break
- U-turn

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Counter
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Defog

So this team is around Metagross as it has seen an increase in usage mainly due to it being a good asset vs matchup such as Fairy-type teams and it is a good wallbreaker in general providing the team with a priority as well.Mega Slowbro in general is a very good set up sweeper and provides the team with the ability to sponge physical hits well. For Metagross set I decided to go Bolt-Beam coverage for it since it reliefs pressure off Victini to check Steel-types such as Celesteela and Skarmory as Metagross with a Choice Band and Adamant Nature can easily 2hko those Pokemon. Ice Punch on Metagross allows it to beat Gliscor as it is pretty common on Flying-type teams right now. Bullet Punch is a handy priority move for the team being able to revenge kill threats such as Greninja or Hydreigon for the team. To help for the normal matchup and to make a very strong wall breaking core with Metagross, I decided to use Choice Band Victini. Then I added in utility Celebi to provide the team with Stealth Rock support and a Ground resist to the team. Sash counter Alakazam was added as a blanket check to various threats to Psychic-types teams, Dazzling Gleam is used on it so it can do better vs Pokemon such as Hydreigon and Mega Sharpedo as it sometimes runs Substitute. Lastly I needed a Speed control so I added Scarf Latios with Defog and Healing wish to the team for Mega Slowbro.

*Mega Slowbro Balance Water:

EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Protect
- Scald

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Haze
- Roost

Mega Slowbro is sporting a CM set as it is a great set up sweeper and the set which it is running allows it to break Poison-type teams on its own. 44 speed evs allows it to outspeed Toxapex and use Psychic on it before it can recover or use Haze. I paired Mega Slowbro with another Calm Mind user which is Suicune which just wins a lot of match ups such as against Steel-, Normal- and does good against Fairy-type teams. Most teams find it hard to deal with two Calm Mind users as they both have almost the same checks and so checks are pressured. Added Scarf Greninja as it beats both Tapu Bulu and Tapu Koko with Gunk Shot and it is an excellent asset in the Dragon-type matchup thanks to STAB Ice Beam and Dark Pulse is for Psychic-type teams. Next we have the defensive core where Toxapex is running Toxic Spikes and Toxic set for a very good reason and that is to not only to have better match ups against types like Normal, Fairy and Bug due to Toxic Spikes but to also beat checks to Mega Slowbro and Suicune such as Mantine with the help of Toxic. Toxic Toxapex is a great teammate to both Mega Slowbro and Suicune as it basically allows the Calm Mind Sweepers on the team to win once checks like Mantine is crippled. The Toxapex set also greatly improves mirror Water-type match ups where it is able to cripple above mentioned check to CM sweepers on the team. Next we have Swampert on the team providing Stealth Rock support and is running a specially defensive set because the team has a fantastic physical wall in Mega Slowbro and specially defensive Swampert does well against Pokemon such as Life Orb Kyurem-B and Tapu Koko. Lastly added Mantine on the team for Defog support and a check to special attackers.

*Psychium Z + HP Electric Volcarona Bug Offense:

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Swords Dance

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sticky Web

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Scizor @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This is a team with Psychium Z + HP Electric Volcarona as it has seen decent usage in tournament and high ladder play as it beats Water-type teams beating Pokemon such as Toxapex and Mantine while also doing good against Flying-type teams as the only thing that checks Volcarona defensively after a Quiver Dance boost is Mantine which is threatened by Hidden Power Electric. Since the set does not carries Hidden Power Ground to beat Heatran, teammate that do well against Steel-type teams such as Mega Heracorss and Choice Scarf Buzzwole are added to the team as they both excel at breaking Steel-type teams as Steel teams lack a safe switchin. Scarf Buzzwole is also the revenge killer of the team beating threats like Mega Charizard Y, Blacephalon and Volcarona. Next there is Galvantula to provide Sticky Web support for its teammates and standard Armaldo set for utility. Scizor on the team is a good wallbreaker and able to beat Pokemon such as Nihilego, Mega Diancie and Victini after it uses V-create on something as Jolly Nature allows Scizor to outspeed and do big damage with Pursuit.

*Sub CM Jirachi Balance:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 28 Atk / 224 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Lonely Nature
IVs: 14 Def / 0 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Trick Room

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

This is a team built around Sub CM jirachi as the set is really good at beating Water-type teams and specifically threats such as Suicune. Max HP allows it to create 101 HP subs which require two Seismic Toss to break. Balance team with OTR Stakataka and Sub CM jirachi since they complement each other really well where Jirachi preys on Balance Water teams and is a good bulky set up sweeper thanks to Calm Mind taking care of bulky water types such as Toxapex that can prove obstacle for Stakataka. Stakataka also beats Dragon-type teams pretty well as Dragon-type teams runs threats such as Kommo-O which have the ability to beat Steel-type teams on its own. Scarf Excadrill for necessary speed control and Electric immunity to the team, the team also has a good switch in to water types in Ferrothorn which also happens to be the Stealth Rock setter for the team. Stall breaker Heatran breaks down balance core for offensive teammates while acting as a switch in to fire type moves, Lastly defensive Celesteela also helps in breaking down teams thanks to its immensely effective utility moves in leech seed and Toxic.

*Mega Latios Balance Psychic:

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Roost

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Brick Break
- U-turn

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Defog

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Def
- Counter
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Balance team around Mega Latios which is good at breaking Steel-type and Poison-type teams pretty much on its own. Paired it with Choice Band Victini as a threatening wallbreaker and to improve the Normal-type match up of the team. Added Slowbro as a defensive wall and for item colbur allows it to check / cripple Pokemon such as Bisharp and Hydreigon with Fire Blast and Thunder Wave respectively. Added Scarf Latias as Speed Control and Offensive Defog user of the team. Sash Alakzam makes sure that the team can beat Pokemon such as Mega Sharpedo and set up sweepers in general. Lastly added Jirachi for Stealth Rock support and check to Fairy-types such as Clefable and Mega Diancie.

Now some proposed changes for existing sample teams:
1. On the balance Dark team posted by Smub, Hydreigon is running Life Orb as an item and is running this set:

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

The team does not carries a Z move user and I would like to suggest to change the item to Dragonium Z due to the following reasons:
- Life Orb makes it easier to wear down Hydreigon and pressures it more to rely on Roost.
- Dragonium Z allows Hydreigon to use a powerful nuke in general which allows it to wallbreak and dent teams much better as it can also do a Devastating Drake followed by Draco Meteor.
- Running Z move as an item allows it to bluff the set it is running which is not the case if the item is Life Orb.

2. Changing the Nature of Greninja on Balance Dark Team by Smub.

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- U-turn / Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
Greninja should run a Naive Nature to stand better chance against Strong Priority users like Choice Band Dragonite.

3. On the Balance Normal team by Seo:
This is the current Diggersby set on the team
Diggersby @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Fire Punch
I want to suggest to change the set to Swords Dance Diggersby which is this set:

Diggersby @ Silk Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
Reasons: a). Metagame has evolved to check Choice Band Diggersby where types such as Water use Baneful Bunker Toxapex and Mantine to scout and play against it and use appropriate plays depending upon the move diggersby uses. This is a similar case for bulky Dark-type teams where Mega Sableye runs Protect to scout and play safe against Diggersby as the team has Mandibuzz if Diggersby uses Earthquake. In a similar Fashion even Poison-type teams have started running Baneful Bunker over Haze to play around against Choice Band Diggersby.
b) Using Swords Dance Diggersby allows Normal-type teams to beat such Water-, Dark and Poison-type teams where a free turn (usually on a predicted Baneful Bunker or Protect) for Diggersby results in dismantling of such defensive cores and allowing the team to have better match ups against such types. It is important that the porygon2 set to be changed to Discharge, Ice Beam and Hidden Power Fire, Roost as a teammate for this particular Diggersby set as the Porygon2 set allows to threaten Steel- and Flying-type teams.
Electric: Rejected because we'll be using Havens's version posted on page 10. Yours is not wrong, but it also needs changes.

Metagross Psychic: Approved pending changes. Alakazam probably prefers Hidden Power Fire or even Shadow Ball over Focus Blast here. I feel like a Colbur over Leftovers on Celebi would really help; Greninja is not fun. Trick over Brick Break on Victini.

Water: Rest over Roar on Swampert, surely? Approved pending that change.

Bug: Approved

Steel: Approved pending 15 Defense IVs on Stakataka.

Mega Latios Psychic: Trick over Brick Break on Victini and Healing Wish on Latias.

Changes:
Hydreigon + Greninja: Yes.
Diggersby: Wouldn't you just use Porygon-Z if you wanted these results? Not sure I agree here.

new meta calls for new teams. just gonna go ahead and post things in which i feel could be samples.
Offensive Fairy

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Klefki (F) @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Foul Play

Clefable (F) @ Focus Sash
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter
- Toxic

Azumarill (F) @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Return
- Belly Drum

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Roost

Fairy is very different now from when it was a year ago due to the many options people have developed over time. First we have 4 attack Diancie-Mega, which is a big offensive threat that types struggle to deal with. Klefki makes its appearance in this team since it is the best support fairy has to offer as it can spread paralysis, set up screens, and can threaten physical attackers such as Swords Dance Scizor-Mega. Next is the team's Stealth Rock user, Clefable. This Clefable set makes match-ups such as normal a lot easier since it beats the hazard remover (Staraptor), being able to spread poisons, and can threaten the Diggersby and Lopunny with the unexpected Counter. Focus Sash + Counter also allows you to still check some of the steel types in the tier, such as Scizor and Excadrill. Knock Off may also be an option over Toxic so that you can remove important items such as Iapapa Berry on Muk-Alola to prevent its recovery. Azumarill is here due to the great win condition it provides fairy thanks to Z-Belly Drum. Jolly Azumarill allows you to take on Poison teams since you now outspeed Venusaur-Mega and can take it out with Return after some damage. Tapu Bulu acts as one of the revenge killers on the team and as well as having the ability to heal most of its teammates thanks to Grassy Terrain. It has both Wood Hammer and Horn Leech to wallbreak or to heal respectively. Megahorn is used here due to the increase in usage of Celebi on Psychic teams, and Stone edge is used as back up to hit stuff like Crobat and Zapdos. Lastly, Tapu Koko is here since it is a great offensive threat thanks to Electric Terrain and its great speed and to make the Flying match-up easier since Flying has very few ways to get around this set.

Balance Flying

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Mantine (M) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Taunt

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic

Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Toxic

Balance Water

Sharpedo-Mega (M) @ Sharpedonite
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Poison Jab
- Crunch
- Protect

Mantine (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 56 Def / 112 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Toxapex (M) @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Scald

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Rest

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

These 6 Pokemon have made several appearances in tournaments and on the ladder, so I'm just gonna share my version of it. First, we have Sharpedo-Mega due to its fantastic ability to clean up Psychic and Fairy teams, and as STAB + Strong Jaw Crunch just hitting super hard. Mantine is the teams hazard remover and the team's primary specially defensive wall. The EV Spread outspeeds Adamant Azumarill, and allows you to live a +2 Genesis Supernova from Mew at full so that you can haze it. Choice Scarf Greninja makes its way onto the team as its a great way to threaten stuff out like Tapu Koko and being able to clean up types such as Dragon. Toxapex makes its way onto the team since most teams struggle to break it thanks to its great defensive stats, a reliable recovery move, and Regenerator. Baneful Bunker is used since it's a great way to scout things like Choice Band Diggersby. Toxic Spikes is used since the offensive core appreciates the chip damage on Pokemon that they wouldn't be able to usually knock out. Swampert is the team's Stealth Rock user, electric immunity, and Choice Scarf Excadrill switch in. This set allows you to not get poison stalled by flying, allowing you to keep up Stealth Rock more often, and solves the Sub-Toxic Zapdos problem (Waterfall breaks its sub, something Scald can't do), which water would usually end up losing to. Lastly, Keldeo is used due to its ability to break down defensive teams such as Dark, Flying, Water, and many more, thanks to Calm Mind + Taunt.
Fairy: Too many niched sets (Counter Clefable, Shuca Tapu Koko. Rejected.

Flying: That Mantine spread seems pointless when Celesteela walls Choice Scarf Latios, and you lose out on Hidden Power Electric Keldeo calcs. Approved with change to Defense EVs in Special Defense.

Water: Keldeo should use Waterium Z here no? Swampert should also be Earthquake Approved with that change.

New at this but hi i'm CC! neat to meet you :)
I'm going to post a fighting team yay!
Definitely not going to do the sprites but I hope u look at these teams for what they are not because of fun pictures
I should note that i'm not the best at descriptions because I understand this game on an intuitive level rather than analytically?

Fighting Hyper Offensive
Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Taunt
- Close Combat

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz

Let's go through this one by one like stairs! Breloom is a powerful lead with magical sleep powers infernape functions as a priority mangler hawlucha hah more like sweeplucha keldeo does the coverage action well kommo is secretly a wall breaker believe it! uh U don't "need" to use rocks in 99% of matchups but terrakion is there if u do!
Not sure I understand the Infernape being Fake Out Life Orb. It literally doesn't do real damage (can't even do 20% to a Victini...). Keldeo should have Hydro Pump on Expert Belt. Interesting idea, but that Infernape needs to be fixed for real. Pending discussion.

Offensive Rock

Importable
Golem-Alola (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

Shuckle (F) @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Knock Off
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Omastar (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Archeops (M) @ Power Herb
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Endeavor
- Sky Attack
- Acrobatics

Description
Golem is used to trap pesky Steel Pkm (Scizor, Celesteela, etc.) that, otherwise, would cause team members such as Mega Diancie or Terrakion a lot of troubles.

Shuckle profits much from Gluttony and its berry as they allow it to stay longer in the battle. Furthermore, this allows it to switch into powerful attacks and set up Stealth Rock or Sticky Web. An Impish nature is used to better take on Landorous, Scizor or Excadrill and remove their items via Knock off or lock them into a single move if it uses Encore, thus supporting the rest of your team. For example, if your opposing Pkm is locked into Earth Quake, you can switch out Shuckle and send in Air Balloon Omastar to set up with Shell Smash.

Diancie helps in the Fighting and Dragon match-up.

Terrakion is generally good at pressuring Steel and Normal Teams. And with Choice Scarf and Sticky Web on the field it can outspeed Scarf Greninja or Scarf Keldeo.

Omastar puts a lot of pressure on Ground teams as long as it has Air Balloon to set up with Shell Smash. Hidden Power Grass can easily remove Gastrodon, Seismitoad, and Swampert. And Swift Swim makes it so that Rain Teams won't overwhelm your team so long Omastar has boosted its stats or Sticky Web is on the field. If you don't like Swift Swim, you could replace it with Weak Armor.

Archeops is used to have a better match-up against Grass and Fighting Teams and Mega Venusaur in general. Power Herb activates Sky Attack, which deals a lot of damage to opposing Pkm, and synergizes well with Acrobatics. Endeavor makes it so that Archeops won't be useless if its ability is activated. With Rocks on the field Sky Attack has a chance of 87.5 to OHKO standard Mega Venusaur.
Sorry team isn't viable and there's nothing better it does than the current team.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- U-turn

Klefki @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Return
- Knock Off

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt / Superpower
- Substitute

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Posting this updated Fairy team to bump this thread because these sample teams could reaaaaaally use a revamp.
No Superpower on Tapu Bulu and this is "fine". I'm a bit iffy on needing Psychic Mega Diancie when you already have Return Azumarill... wouldn't you prefer something more useful? Approved pending changes.

Mega Latios Dragon
Versace (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Cold (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

AR Milli (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower

MiMi (Latias) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Django (Kommo-o) @ Kommonium Z
Hasty Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Drain Punch
- Taunt
- Flamethrower

Takeoff (Latios-Mega) @ Latiosite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Recover

HO Steel
Pack (Celesteela) @ Metronome
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Autotomize
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Dorell (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

ILlama (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

It’s Hatch (Bisharp) @ Darkinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Balto (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave

AR Milli (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost [\Hide]

No nicknames. See rule #2.
Dragon: I've honestly never seen that Mega Latios set do something a Mega Latias set couldn't do. Can you explain this? No decision.

Steel: Using priority as the only way to beat Electrics seems pretty scary, but this is approved when it has no nicknames.

Offensive Electric
Zeraora @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
Wild Charge over Stone Edge is way better for the sake of Skarmory and Celesteela. Zapdos is too fast. You prefer more bulk (still outspeed Adamant Diggersby) to help against Tapu Bulu. Approved pending changes.

Havens

WGI World Champion
Fixed both samples. Also replaced Psychic for Earth Power on Mega Diancie to better hit Steels, if that's fine.

Post 2 of 2.

Electric: Rejected because we'll be using Havens's version posted on page 10. Yours is not wrong, but it also needs changes.

Metagross Psychic: Approved pending changes. Alakazam probably prefers Hidden Power Fire or even Shadow Ball over Focus Blast here. I feel like a Colbur over Leftovers on Celebi would really help; Greninja is not fun. Trick over Brick Break on Victini.

Water: Rest over Roar on Swampert, surely? Approved pending that change.

Bug: Approved

Mega Latios Psychic: Trick over Brick Break on Victini and Healing Wish on Latias.

Changes:
Hydreigon + Greninja: Yes.
Diggersby: Wouldn't you just use Porygon-Z if you wanted these results? Not sure I agree here.

Fairy: Too many niched sets (Counter Clefable, Shuca Tapu Koko. Rejected.

Flying: That Mantine spread seems pointless when Celesteela walls Choice Scarf Latios, and you lose out on Hidden Power Electric Keldeo calcs. Approved with change to Defense EVs in Special Defense.

Water: Keldeo should use Waterium Z here no? Swampert should also be Earthquake Approved with that change.

Not sure I understand the Infernape being Fake Out Life Orb. It literally doesn't do real damage (can't even do 20% to a Victini...). Keldeo should have Hydro Pump on Expert Belt. Interesting idea, but that Infernape needs to be fixed for real. Pending discussion.

Sorry team isn't viable and there's nothing better it does than the current team.

No Superpower on Tapu Bulu and this is "fine". I'm a bit iffy on needing Psychic Mega Diancie when you already have Return Azumarill... wouldn't you prefer something more useful? Approved pending changes.

No nicknames. See rule #2.
Dragon: I've honestly never seen that Mega Latios set do something a Mega Latias set couldn't do. Can you explain this? No decision.

Steel: Using priority as the only way to beat Electrics seems pretty scary, but this is approved when it has no nicknames.

Wild Charge over Stone Edge is way better for the sake of Skarmory and Celesteela. Zapdos is too fast. You prefer more bulk (still outspeed Adamant Diggersby) to help against Tapu Bulu. Approved pending changes.
Latios was used for immediate power and having latias as an support Healing wish was an niche idea I had during MLT ladder run but I think its not worth it now. Nicknames been removed

Fixed both samples. Also replaced Psychic for Earth Power on Mega Diancie to better hit Steels, if that's fine.
Updated. Thanks.
Latios was used for immediate power and having latias as an support Healing wish was an niche idea I had during MLT ladder run but I think its not worth it now. Nicknames been removed
Thanks for removing the nicknames and the clarification, sorry the delay made your team outdated.

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Fire Punch
- Facade

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Staraptor @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Diggersby @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Transform

This is twist on generic normal. chansey does as chansey does. staraptor is the typical defensive wall. and diggersby takes his stand as a wall breaker.Mega pidgeot is where it gets interesting. It incorporates a u-turn core with staraptor making the team more offensive then a generic squad and therefore allows the team to be more offensive. This gives snorlax the opportunity to make like a broom and sweep. The lack of porygon 2 is acceptable because ditto will stop all sweepers in their tracks save hawlucha who staraptor can stop in its tracks.

Also, thanks cc for the help n_n

Last edited:

Namranan

:)))))))))))
Normal with Mega-Pidgeot (Updated per Eien's requests)
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/pidgeot-mega.gif
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/chansey.gif
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/porygon2.gif
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/snorlax.gif
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/diggersby.gif
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/ditto.gif

Mega Pidgeot - The main star of this team. With Hurricane and Heat wave it can help Normal beat Grass and Steel Types alike. Its flying-typing and good speed tier also allows it to be a nice way of avoiding most hazards bar Stealth Rocks. It's access to Defog also allows it to compress roles and allow Pokemon like Snorlax to fit on the team.

Chansey - The essential special wall that normal loves to use. With Toxic, Stealth rocks, Seismic Toss, and Softboiled this pokemon is able to take almost any special attack that the team has to avoid.

Porygon2 - Defensive Download Porygon2 is used to help beat out Offensive Steel types like Excadrill and also pressure flying teams with its Bolt Beam coverage. Porygon2 itself is also a great physical tank for the type and makes the defensive backbone even stronger.

Staraptor - Staraptor runs most of the same stuff it normally runs except its EV's got changed. Now running 56 Speed EV's to outspeed Tapu Bulu while not sacrificing any crucial benchmarks. It also still runs 240 HP to maintain its 7% leftovers recovery.

Snorlax - Snorlax is a great win condition in the Electric and Water Matuchps as its investments in Defense and Special Defense allow it to take on attackers like Keldeo and Zeraora after a single Curse boost. This allows Normal teams to not lose to these Pokemon once they are correctly positioned. It can choose to either run Fire punch to deal with incoming steel types like Ferrothorn and Mega-scizor or choose to run Earthquake to ease the Electric matchup and make Zeraora easier to check.

Diggersby - Diggersby is run to effectively be the team's wallbreaker. With Swords dance + Huge Power and hard hitting STAB moves, Diggersby is an extremely tough pokemon. Quick attack is also used to act as a nice form of priority. Jolly is used over adamant so it can outspeed Heatran.

Ditto - Not much to say here. The only thing special about this ditto is its IV spread being changed to run HP fire.

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- U-turn

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Facade
- Earthquake / Fire Punch

Diggersby @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Frustration

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Transform

Tagging Eien to let him know that the changes are finished.

Last edited:
I approved a different Ice team that has a similar theme, so this one is rejected, sorry.
Not a problem, that's fair. I do want to mention two thing:

1. The team gets run over by scarfed Heracross. Scarf Mamoswine has pretty awful speed tier, which is why I never used it as a scarfer myself. Not using Weavile, Alola-Slash or Scarf Kyurem makes the team very vulnerable to this mon.

2. Kommo-o gets scarier against this team for the same reason as above. It ever gets to chunk ninetales too low or gets a +1, this team has no way of coming back from that due to lack of speed tier.

That said, his team is not bad by any means. It's a very good ice sample.

Want to point out again that this spread has a better optimization than his Jirachi spread:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And lastly, I don't play anymore but before I stopped I made a rain water team that got me to above 1800 elo with an 85% GXE. While probably not meaning much to most of you, it must mean the team is at least decent-good if an average player like me can get there. I'm posting it below. Would be stupid to keep it for myself if I don't intend to play a lot.

This is the best picture I found as proof, but I did get higher:
teambeaver 85% gxe.png

Rain Water Offense:

Pelipper @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Sludge Wave

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Crunch

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Psychic
Scarf Pelipper is actually pretty neat. It outspeeds things like Garchomp, Galvantula and other annoying leads and breaks their sashes with u-turn.

Furthermore it allows Pelipper to actually fuction more than decently as a late-game cleaner with its own rain-boost.

It's also a huge threat to things like...

Mega-Gallade: 252 SpA Pelipper Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade-Mega: 258-306 (93.1 - 110.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO.
Banded Victini: 252 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Victini in Rain: 314-372 (92 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
Diggersby: 252 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Diggersby in Rain: 390-462 (125.4 - 148.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Volcarona: 252 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona in Rain: 306-360 (98.3 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Keldeo: 252 SpA Pelipper Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 318-374 (98.4 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Hawlucha: 252 SpA Pelipper Hurricane vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Hawlucha: 422-498 (140.6 - 166%) -- guaranteed OHKO (it outspeeds it)
Mega-Diancie: 252 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. 16 HP / 0- SpD Diancie-Mega in Rain: 326-386 (133 - 157.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
... (list goes on).

You may adjust speed EV's accordingly since it just barely doesn't creep Gren, but at max speed it's still faster than Tornadus and Zam. Then again, you might want to be slower than some threats to not reveal scarf early on. Max Speed worked best for me.
I actually think Life Orb is way better than specs. The ability to be able to change move does a lot in many matchups, while the damage loss has barely any bad consequences. You're walled by Toxapex though, but there's Manaphy and Crawdaunt for that.

Dragon Pulse > Draco Meteor to keep consistent damage up. With Life Orb Kingdra has slightly less options to switch in with Hazards up. Also, most dragons don't get KO'd by -2 D Meteor with Life Orb. Furthermore lowering your special attack on a set that allows you to switch moves is pretty meh as well.

Dragon Pulse + Ice Beam allows Kingdra to clear the Dragon Matchup very easily. Whereas spamming D Meteor forces u too switch. Most things still die from Dragon Pulse with Life Orb:

Kyurem Black: 252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-Black: 390-460 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
Kommo-o: 252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kommo-o: 343-406 (117.8 - 139.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Latios-Mega: 252 SpA Latios-Mega Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kingdra: 178-211 (61.1 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Hydreigon: 252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 351-413 (108 - 127%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The only thing it might be weaker against is Mega-Latias CMind Rfresh set. But Crawdaunt literally walls that due to typing.

Hp Electric is a really cool tech on Life Orb Kingdra. It means it isn't walled by Mantine and it kinda stops Gyarados from ever trying to setup. Also good vs Belly Drummed Azu:

Mantine 1: 252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Hidden Power Electric vs. 252 HP / 16+ SpD Mantine: 203-244 (54.2 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Mantine 2: 252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Hidden Power Electric vs. 252 HP / 160+ SpD Mantine: 182-218 (48.6 - 58.2%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Gyarados: 252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Hidden Power Electric vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados: 302-359 (91.2 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
Azumarill: 252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Hidden Power Electric vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 182-216 (53.3 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Note that if Azu has light screen up that Crawdaunt can be used to bring it in HP Electric range (rain + reflect and rain/no rain without reflect).

Surf > Hydro Pump. There's barely any situation where Life Orb Kingdra needs Hydro Pump over Surf to get a certain kill. Also Hydro Pump misses a lot to the point where one miss can literally lose you a game on a hyper offensive team like this - missing Hydro Pump loses too much momentum. There's many other ways to deal with threats that Kingdra would rather Hydro Pump. However, I don't mind changing to Hydro Pump if it's required for the team to be accepted.

Few examples:

Tapu koko: 252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko in Rain: 321-380 (114.2 - 135.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Sp def Celesteela: 252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela in Rain: 183-216 (45.9 - 54.2%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Mega Lopunny: 252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Surf vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lopunny-Mega in Rain: 263-309 (97 - 114%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Not gonna lie, Swampert-Mega is extremely underwhelming on Rain Water. It usually serves as a sack to get a different mon in or drop rocks.

I thought about many ways to make this mon more useful without losing rocks. This is the best thing I could come up with.
Without Power-Punch, this mon really doesn't pack a punch (no pun intended). So it has his main stabs Waterfall and EQ along with Sludge Wave and a speed-boosting nature.

Since Swampert-Mega serves mainly as rock setter and fodder a Naive nature does so much. It outspeeds Nihilego, Terrakion, Blacephalon in rain which mean it can preserve its health. A Naive nature also allows it to break a banded adamant Dragonite's multiscale, easing sweeps with Kingdra and Greninja vs Dragon. Furthermore it speed ties (without rain) with Breloom and Bisharp. This way it can chunk Breloom hard with Sludge Wave if u ever have to force a speed tie or force a sack in general:

4 SpA Swampert-Mega Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Breloom: 198-234 (75.8 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

Lastly, a Naive nature was also given to maximize the damage output vs Tapu Bulu and it also outspeeds banded adamant bulu. Due to the Naive nature, it doesn't require its own rocks for a very solid chance of OHKO'ing the biggest threat to rain water:

4 SpA Swampert-Mega Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Bulu: 272-324 (96.7 - 115.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Finally Damp is chosen as the ability pre-evolution. There's a very niche case in which this matters. Ditto could switch in against you before you mega-evolve and you'd rather not give it the torrent boost, while you yourself don't really have a reason not to mega evolve unless you literally don't want to give Ditto Swift Swim. So they both check out.
Standard as hell. Scarf is much better than anything else here. It allows it to still serve as a good cleaner and give your team great momentum with u-turn pivoting into your other members. I know that this means the team has 3 choicers, but they all have their needs and merits.

Scarf just allows Gren to walk through Fairy mons, Psychic matchup, Dragon Matchup and outspeed things like Scarf Bulu and magnet Tapu Koko - rain water is very weak to those.

Expert Belt and Life Orb are good options though.
The most underrated mon in existence? It deals with so many threats that Rain Water was said to be poor/weak against - it has next to no switchins. Let the calcs speak for themselves:

Can OHKO fully physically defensive Celesteela in rain (37,5% without rocks): 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela in Rain: 358-422 (90.1 - 106.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
OHKO's Chansey in rain without rocks: 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Rain: 674-794 (95.8 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
2HKO's Porygon2 even without rain:
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 176-208 (47 - 55.6%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO
Bulkraptor dies to -1 after rocks in rain and gets broken completely without rocks: -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Staraptor in Rain: 306-362 (82.4 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
OHKO's Muk-Alola without rocks or rain: 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 248 HP / 12 Def Muk-Alola: 424-500 (102.6 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Electric Terrain Raichu a problem? 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raichu-Alola in Rain: 352-416 (134.8 - 159.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO Also 37,5% chance to KO without rain
2HKO's Toxapex with rocks up: 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 146-172 (48 - 56.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
2HKO's Ferrothorn easily without rocks needed: 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crunch vs. 252 HP / 68+ Def Ferrothorn: 186-220 (52.8 - 62.5%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Can 2HKO M-Venu without rocks and does so guaranteed with rocks: 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crunch vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 170-202 (46.8 - 55.6%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO

Note that in the last 3 calcs I used Crunch rather than Knock Off since that move is a better choice as long as Toxapex and/or M-venu are still alive.

This lists goes on endlessly.

Crunch > Superpower. Most things u want to Superpower against have teammates that can easily switch in to it - and you're locked. It also lowers your attack. If items are gone or some threats are alive, use Crunch over Knock Off.

This mon CAN be switched with sub calm mind keldeo if you're certain to face Grass or Steel.
And lastly the team's Z-move user.

I prefer this thing over Z-Gyarados on this team for many reason:

- Second rain setter which is really prefered with offensive Pelipper
- Takes any status move
- Has the choice between speed boosting or nuking with waterium Z
- Has insane base stats, speed tieing with Char Y and taking quite a few hits
- What switches in to tail glow moves? It can even break annoying mons like Ferrothorn
- Did I say before that Kingdra gets walled by Toxapex? This mon sets up for free on Toxapex

Not many things like taking a tail glow'd move to the face.

Even if it doesn't get accepted, people can just take it from this comment and try it out.

Last edited:
Hyper Offensive Dark (now with nicknames)
Dab Master (Greninja) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Extrasensory
- Grass Knot

Josè (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

not soup yet (Sharpedo) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Protect
- Psychic Fangs
- Poison Jab

Sucker! (Bisharp) @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Highdreigon (Hydreigon) @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Taunt
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse

Santa Claws (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick

ur probably thinking hyper offensive dark??? no wayy jose!! Well yes way jose. now ur thinking who's jose?? and that would be tyranitar (he makes good tacos) anyways.. greninja is choice scarfed for the fast movements. he can revenge kill mega swamp and or sweep fairies/ fighting pew pew. t-tar is legendary wallbreaker/ late game sweeper. Sharky is a cleaner who ALSO assists with the fairies/fighting along with GRENINJA. bisharp puts work in simply put the cool thing about bisharp as a sash rock lead is HE CANNOT BE DEFOGGED. this is a CC set called SUPER DRACO hydreigon. super lit.. and weavile is Vile nuff said.

Last edited:

Shokkking

No man can walk out on his own story
Balance Ghost

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Metal Burst

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Taunt
- Recover

Gourgeist @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Sableye-Mega is the mixed wall and the hazard control. Also it has the best defensive typing, taking hit from many things that Jellicent and Gourgeist can't wall. Magic Bounce allows him to switch in status moves pretty well, protecting the defensive core from status condition, such as Porygon2 and Gastrodon toxic.
Jellicent is the specially wall, being able to switch in things such as Latios, Pelipper, Mega Pidgeot, stalling them with toxic. Also, it can eat water moves for its teammates.
Gourgeist is the physical wall, walling very well mons like Diggersby, Mega Lopunny, Mega Swampert and Zeraora, crippling all of them with will-o-wisp, making Jellicent and Mega Sableye stall much easier.
Blacephalon is the speed control with choice scarf, it carries psychic to make poison match up easier. It can be the late game sweeper too, thanks to its ability and it's teammates stall. It has trick to trap annoying walls such as Chansey.
Mimikyu is the Z move wallbreaker, being able to OHKO most dark- and dragon-types. It can breaks many walls too after one swords dance + Z move.
Marowak-Alola is the Stealth Rock setter and a good wall to mons like Tapu Koko, Mega Manectric and electric moves thanks to its ability. It synergize well with Jellicent, walling electric moves while Jellicent wall water moves.

Last edited:

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Dragalge (M) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Latios @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Altaria-Mega (F) @ Altarianite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Earthquake

Dragonite (F) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)