Project Monotype Secret Santa

Merry Christmas cy !!!
I hereby present you the best team I tried to build around banded Dragonite !

1640294536235.png
Dragonite Choice Band, I made it adamant to maximize the damages dealt. Extreme speed and Outrage seem necessary, I dropped flying stab because dragon teams usually struggle vs steel to put Fire Punch and Eartquake as coverage.

1640294554784.png
1640294630634.png
Dragalge is a must have for fairy match-up, with gunk shot as stab to for CM Fini, Hatterene or CM Koko, Flip Turn as a pivoting move, T-spikes to support the hole team and Protect to gain black sludge turns as well as check potential choice locked foes.

1640294559186.png
1640294633112.png
1640294661531.png
To give Dragonite a second chance to do his job regiving its Multiscale, I added a scarfed Latias with Healing Wish and Defog. It will also play the role of revenge killer with Draco Meteor and Psychic.

1640294562258.png
1640294634966.png
1640294663254.png
1640295081132.png
With a great wallbreaker as banded Dragonite, you need a strong setup sweeper to clean what's left, and that's where I chose Dragapult. A Life Orb Dragon Dance set, with its stabs and Sucker Punch as a priority move, played jolly for speed control. It can also benefit from Healing Wish depending on the match-up and your gameplan to win.

1640294565841.png
1640294637351.png
1640294666979.png
1640295101891.png
1640295153494.png
All these mons struggle vs steel, and that's why I added Hydreigon. With Substitute and Nasty Plot, all you need is the good timing to setup your mon and you can destroy most steel teams. Dark Pulse as main stab and Flamethrower as coverage is all you need to deal good damages.

1640294569355.png
1640294639470.png
1640294668707.png
1640295111014.png
1640295155924.png
1640295198877.png
For the last slot, I wanted a mon strong against fairy and ice match-ups. Duraludon is the perfect one, with Choice Scarf to try to surprise your opponent and reverse the pressure. Flash Cannon is the central move, with Draco Meteor for mirror match-up, Stealth Rock as support and Thunder Wave to cripple a foe that you can't hit strongly with any stab.

I hope you will enjoy this team and have fun with it !

Merry Christmas Isza
You requested a flying team around specs :pelipper: I made it modest to maximize weather ball damage and I also gave it flying stab in the form of hurricane which can't miss while rain is up along with ice beam is nice coverage for dragon ground and flying match ups and the last slot u-turn.
:pelipper:
The second pokemon i decided to add is :dragonite: with hdb and multiscale for it not to be chipped by Stealth rocks. The moves i went with are dragon dance extreme speed for priority also dragon claw for the dragon mu and last slot i put fire punch to help with the steel mu once heatran is gone.
:pelipper: :dragonite:

The third pokemon i decided to add is :landorus-therian: as the hazard setter of the team the item is leftovers. The moves I put on it are Stealth Rocks u-turn toxic and the last slot earthquake to help with the steel and fire and rock match-ups.
:pelipper: :dragonite: :landorus-therian:

The fourth pokemon I decided to put on the team is :zapdos-galar: with the item choice scarf for some speed control. The moves I choose are brave bird close combat u-turn and blaze kick standard i think.
:pelipper: :dragonite: :landorus-therian: :zapdos-galar:

The fifth pokemon I chose is :moltres-galar: with hdb for a strong special sweeper. The moves I put are fiery wrath strong dark stab hurricane for flying stab agility and nasty plot.
:pelipper: :dragonite: :landorus-therian: :zapdos-galar: :moltres-galar:

And the sixth mon i chose is :mantine: heavy duty boots defensive with the moves. Roost scald defog and toxic with water absorb if course. :pelipper: :dragonite: :landorus-therian: :zapdos-galar: :moltres-galar: :mantine:

https://pokepast.es/f9bbf6e7052f4f19
I tested it a bit on the ladder and let me say that pelipper puts in work. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1479075337-zq8b1qpj85nt0wdzhlu24iv10z9ezgipw pelipper clutch speed tie

Last edited:

Floss

never forgotten
is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Leader
Merry Christmas Ida! I built 4 teams for you including the Defog Skuntank you had requested for, although one of them is a more meme set/team than the others. Enjoy the teams, and enjoy your Christmas as well. I won't bother explaining the teambuilding process since 4 teams is a lot to explain for, but I will include explanations for what each Skuntank set does. If you have any extra questions regarding the other sets on the team, you can PM me on Smogon/PS whenever you see me online. PS - If you want a cleaner way to deal with hazards than utilising Skuntank, which makes teambuilding exponentially harder, you should consider making use of Heavy-Duty Boots on Screens Dark on multiple mons (Weavile and Moltres-Galar) and not running a Defogger, which would otherwise take up a team slot.

(Click on sprites for import!)

Team 1 -
:skuntank::grimmsnarl::weavile::tyranitar::zarude::moltres-galar:

Skuntank @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
This Skuntank set serves as a role compressing replacement of sorts for Nasty Plot Hydreigon, which is a common staple of Screens Dark teams. Shuca Berry is to catch Excadrill off guard by taking an Earthquake and retaliating with a Fire Blast, and the coverage ensures that you have a decent option to deal damage to Steel teams. The offensive pressure that this set can apply on Steel makes it easier to Defog hazards set by Ferrothorn/Heatran such as Spikes or Stealth Rock, therefore accentuating the ability to remove hazards against the type which is most common and likely to set multiple hazards. Flamethrower is an alternative option over Fire Blast, but since this set is meant to set up and deal damage, I determined going for increased power with Fire Blast was the best course of option.
The team is a standardish Screens Hyper Offense Dark with Skuntank in place of Hydreigon, Zarude as a speed control with Scarf that is able to improve the Rain Water MU, and multiple set-up sweepers alongside Skuntank in order to take advantage of Screens. Since the Skuntank is of an offensive nature, I kept Heavy-Duty Boots on Moltres-Galar in case Stealth Rock was set up but decided to use Never-Melt Ice as a substitute on Weavile to improve the chances of sweeping with it.

Team 2 -
:skuntank::grimmsnarl::weavile::tyranitar::hydreigon::moltres-galar:

Skuntank @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Stench
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Memento
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
Scarf Memento Skuntank is another way to take advantage of its diverse movepool to creative effect on Screens HO Dark. Scarf lets it serve as a form of speed control, which means Zarude does not have to run Scarf and can be replaced or run another set such as Bulk Up. Memento is a nice option to reduce the opponent's attacking capabilities before switching into a set-up mon, and the attacking moves are optimised so that Skuntank can perform well in the Fairy matchup, which was the easiest to do with only two slots available for attacking moves. The Speed on Skuntank ensures that it can outspeed Zeraora since it can be threatening to Dark, and the ability is Stench instead of Aftermath so you can troll people by outspeeding and flinching their mons.
This team has the speed control as Skuntank, so Zarude is dropped for Hydreigon which improves the Steel matchup in place of Skuntank. Weavile is changed to Heavy-Duty Boots since Scarf Skuntank is not a reliable Defogger, and Lum Berry is a option on Tyranitar if you have any particular worries about Toxic Spikes.

Team 3 -
:skuntank::sableye::weavile::tyranitar::hydreigon::zarude:

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 80 Def / 64 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Poison Jab
Bulky Skuntank is an option that will be provide more utility in the longer games that Balance Dark plays, and the item Rocky Helmet allows it to serve as effective deterrence for the likes of Melmetal, alongside other Physical attackers. The coverage helps Skuntank perform work in the Steel and Fairy matchups mainly, and the EVs let it outspeed Heatran that would creep Magnezone, while living a Double Iron Bash from non-Banded Melmetal at full health.
Balance Dark means that Sableye is a component, which can annoy opponents with Will-O-Wisp and Taunt. Tyranitar is now a bulkier, Specially Defensive oriented variant which is more equipped to set Stealth Rock and spread status afflictions alongside Sableye, while providing a temporary check for the likes of Scarf Lele and Scarf Fini. The offensive core complementing the defensive triad consists of Band Weavile, Roost 3 Attacks Hydreigon, and Scarf Zarude, which can be dangerous in the Flying, Dragon, Steel, Psychic, Water, and Ground matchups mainly.

Team 4 (meme team) -
:skuntank::sableye::weavile::tyranitar::hydreigon::zarude:

Skuntank @ Power Herb
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 152 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Defog
- Sucker Punch
- Dig
- Flamethrower
This Skuntank serves the purpose of luring Heatran so that you can deal a significant amount of damage to it and removing the necessity for Hydreigon to run Earth Power, letting it run Dragon Dance as a replacement. Sucker Punch gives it a nice method to deal some chip before dying to anything, while Flamethrower 2HKOes Max Defense Ferrothorn on the switch-in so that you can find it easier to force Heatran in to combat Skuntank. Speed EVs ensuring outspeeding Heatran that would creep Magnezone, with maximum investment in Attack and the Lonely Nature to deal as much damage as possible with Dig.
While this team is slightly similar to the last one, it differs in some aspects. Weavile is now a Swords Dance variant, because Tyranitar serves as the team's wallbreaker with Choice Band. Hydreigon has Air Balloon so that you can switch into Scarf Excadrill's Earthquake, and Dragon Dance helps it sweep Steel in conjunction with Nasty Plot after you have dealt a lot of damage to Heatran with Skuntank. Zarude stays as the team's speed control and Water deterrent, while being crucial as the only mon on the team that outspeeds Lele and Fini without SpDef Ttar.

Merry christmas mushamu
honestly i never really expected to make friends when i first came onto smogon. i was good chums with ppl i met on this site, but none were made through smogon. its funny cause i dont really play this game bc i like it. competitive mons is weird in the fact that conceptually it seems really fun to me, but fsr i dont enjoy playing game after game like i did when i first came across it. which makes it even more surprising that i have been active on smogon for over a year now, holy shit. from awkwardly pming you about float stone spd gastro+cm stored power fini to now constantly shitposting in ur dms, it's been quite a ride, and it sucks to see ugo. im not good with emotional stuff at all, so i just wanna say, gl wherever u may end up bro just know that ill always be here waiting in my dms(haha unlike u i dont have the balls to talk to ppl irl)

:ss/nidoking: :ss/nidoqueen: :ss/toxapex: :ss/amoonguss: :ss/crobat: :ss/skuntank:
i took the standard psn build and slapped nidoqueen on it, its basically just a fatter and weaker nidoking that now sets rocks. Toxic is interesting since nidoqueen and nidoking share the same switchins, and since nidoqueen is running bulk, toxic is the best way to punish those switchins. it pretty much hits everything ud want, since all toxic immunities get fucked by lo ep. it also frees up tbolt on nidoking, which is cool for targets like slowking or mantine while keeping rocks to pressure. spd toxapex makes up for the lack of glowking, rest of the team is fairly standard. crobat outruns tornadus so u can get off a toxic on it more easily, with a lot in spd to make goltres and torn easier.

stay strong my guy <3
https://pokepast.es/43da438b8a067e08

Bka Onon

I see Fire.
is a Pre-Contributor
Mewwy Crimmas ToxaNex, ik it's a day late than crimmas, but enjoy either way

You wanted a team around :crawdaunt: right? well here's your wish,

https://pokepast.es/d95fac23330a176e

Uh so edit
I made 2 teams for you, 1 in Gen 8 mono as we were supposed to but I made a li'l smth extra for you in Ndm as a special gift, but I totally forgot to post the SS team cuz I was laddering NDM before posting this and I'm an idiot, either way, here's the SS One

:Crawdaunt: Swords Dance, then go Boom, backed up by rain too
:Araquanid: He's here for da webs, helping Crawdaunt to stomp on things more easily and tanking em special hits
:Keldeo: As you wished, Daunt is paired with Keldeo, specs Keldeo, with webs up, it doesn't need to worry about getting outsped, so it can make full use of specs
:Urshifu: Speed control and helps to remove other scarfers cuz of webs and having decent speed
:pelipper: Peli does peli things, aka setup rain to make everyone even stronger
:Tapu fini: Calm Mind fini with taunt, if used right, it can sweep teams alone, especially since now it has web support

A special NDM Team! https://pokepast.es/5271e3a25d8bf4a0

:crawdaunt: Same as above
:araquanid: Same as above
:keldeo: Basically same as above except HP can be grass or electric depending on if u want to bonk Gastro or Pelipper
:greninja: Greninja is here for the raw power and speed control, protean lets it kill things that otherwise would be a threat to Keldeo and Crawdaunt, namely Fini
:pelipper: Same as above
:swampert-mega: I don't think I need to explain this (although if you want you can give swamp rocks)

So ye, that's the team and the special gift, I hope you have fun, webs water may be niche, but hey, who doesn't like OHKO-ing corviknights and pexes with physical neutral moves (after boosts ofc), also wish you had a happy Christmas!!

Last edited:

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Last edited:
here you go roxiee , hope this is good enough ;w; Untitled 756 (pokepast.es)
I tried to utilise rain and the ability to spam stab hurricane with torn-T and Zapdos with Zapdos also having the ability to spam stab Thunders
I added Corviknight to support the team and Defog on both Corviknight and Pelipper to make up for Zapdos being more offensive and not Heavy Duty Boots but Choice Specs.
Landorus-T is here as a electric immunity and speed control for the team and to kill steel types that are not half flying type.
And Lastly, Dragonite is here as a sweeper to get rid of teams late game with it's dragon dance set.
Merry Christmas ;w;

Hyperspace12 Merry (Late) Christmas. So I went with a mostly standard screens team with Bulk Up Grimmsnarl, but I also included a fun trick room team I have been playing around with lately as well.

BU Grimmsnarl

So with Bulk Up Grimmsnarl I am partial to Black Glasses for extra power on sucker punch and darkest lariat. Also I decided to go with Drain punch to help the steel matchup over play rough.
Screens seemed to be the best way to go with grimmsnarl so klefki and azumarill are natural fits around Grimsnarl. Clefable for rocks to help the screen abusers sweep. Roost Koko seemed to fit in naturally, and I went Scarf bulu to add a bit of speed control, and since clefable is spdef I felt it freed bulu up to run a scarf.

TR BU Grimmsnarl
Now we get to the fun team, I was already experimenting with Trick room fairy, and with trick room I have found it is good to have a mon who can be strong in trick room and without, preferably with a strong priority. On my TR ghost teams its Aegislash, here Grimmsnarl seems to fit the bill quite well. Though the team is set up to be able to set TR on most things and abuse TR with Azumarill and/or Hatterne. Diance survives most attacks from most leads, and explodes away leaving you with a consistent 3 turns of Trick room, and it can even set rocks before trick rooming on quite a few leads in the meta. Koko is there to revenge kill outside of TR, and Mimikyu can normally set trick room vs most things, and is strong enough to abuse it as well vs faster teams.

Last edited:

Ashbala

You can pretend that it was me, but no, oh ♪
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey DugZa sensei :blobuwu: Hoenestly i didnt expect I will be your secret santa and hope your holidays went well :psyglad:

I present you the team requested to build around sandless ground with toxic spikes :runerigus: and i made 2 teams (1 is meme ofc <3 ). Hope you like this :)

:ss/runerigus: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/gastrodon: :ss/garchomp: :ss/nidoking: :ss/excadrill:
First one is standard sandless with scarf chomp as speed control and runerigus as your hazard setter with excadrill lando therian as setup sweeper and nidoking as special wall breaker and that remains gastrodon as your water check :)

:ss/runerigus: :ss/claydol: :ss/rhyperior: :ss/seismitoad: :ss/diggersby: :ss/landorus-therian:
Second one is ofc a meme but it will be a hit if that works. This one is a trick room run and claydol and 3 abusers in it capable of ohko or 2hko every mon under tr and a speedster out of tr
Hope you like the teams i made and hf with this team sensei <3 Lmk if u have any doubt in those team as i dont have much time to test those due to exams :psycry:

Edit : made some minor changes as it didnt work sadly and u need some speed control out of tr :psycry: and u can switch specs palossand with band diggs for more fun
Palossand @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Earth Power
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Last edited:
Merry Christmas giove97 . You request a team around Porygon-Z, not gonna lie normal isn't a good type in ss monotype but i do my best to build a good team.

Secret Santa Porygon-Z

:porygon-z: -> After testing a Specs set without succes, i decide to go with a Nasty Plot set and Boltbeam for fly.
:blissey: :braviary: -> The SR/Defog core two good pokemon with volturn who can check a lot of special attacker for Blissey, Braviary is here to not lose against all fighting types.
:heliolisk: -> i play the sub set, i think it's a better set versus water and fly, toxic>glare (sample set) because it's better vs fly.
:indeedee: -> i play Indeedee Scarf over Ditto, i find indeedee better with Expending force hitting so hard
:diggersby: -> I was playing Bulk Up Bewear at the start for dark and steel match up but i think digg is better in a lot of match up because Bewear is passive and do nothing vs flying when digg is good versus steel too and hit so hard with a choice band.

If you have any question you can pm me, i hope you like the team :-) .

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm your Santa maroon :)

Let's build a team now shall we

Note: The nicknames are 100% optional and just like I do with my own teams, I just wanted to have a little fun. I am nowhere near great with dragons and just "went wild"

Also, they're all females but you could change that too ( Please do not ask )

:kyurem:

This was your required mon and as an ice user I was excited but after seeing the set you wanted I broke my hopes and dream and utilized the specific moves you chose. You didn't list an item though (or I'm blind) so I went with my go-to of a good 'ol chopel berry. Good attack above-average speed and dragon dance will surely sadden your enemy into defeat especially when you pop the roost and recover the scratch or two they managed to inflict.

:dragonite:

Everyone loves some good Dragonite on their team, if you don't believe me ask Lance. As an ice user, I took in the full possibility that someone could bring a non-stab ( if it's stab please don't rely on Dragonite) ice move and attempt to lay their inferior weak little hands on our precious baby. So they will be punished by a fast and strong Dragonite carrying a discount for some free boost after a super-effective assault (Weakness Policy) and with our ability multi-scale hopefully, the enemy pokemon will be stopped in their tracks. Use dragon dance on your first turn out, get your policy, and traumatize some random strangers on the internet. He is also suited with a priority move that can be used in a completely different situation if ever so needed.

:garchomp:

Garchomp, sweet old Garchomp. I can't put this nicely and even if I could I wouldn't. HE CAN'T TAKE AN ICE-TYPE MOVE! And quite frankly I'm tired of people telling me he can. Either way, he's suited to take down that random ice kid in this place cause "IceMaster-Mew" with a strategy that will decimate an ice team if performed correctly. Iron Head does magical delightful wonders to those pesky ice and fairy types. and with some other random moves that packs a punch, give the beast a stylish scarf and let him run wild like the dog he is.

:dragapult:

Being everyone's favorite non-legendary Dragon and Ghost-type, and the only non-legendary Dragon and Ghost-Type, I knew this would be a prime opportunity to apply pressure to any of those stalling Ghost teams. That is the only thing scary about a Ghost team.. and Blacephalon.. no? just me? Anyways... I went with a special attacking set considering you have slightly more options. You are equipped with two dragon moves though. Draco Meteor AND Dragon Pulse. I'll assume you can figure out which one to use if times get desperate. And with a choice spectacle slapped on that bad boy(girl) we'll be running this town. And his nickname isn't that random, it's because of his ability. The infiltrator one? Yeah it's all making sense now, isn't it?

:Goodra:

Now we need someone who can tank a special attack that would normally once shot our Dragapult. Hmmm. With the two options I had I went with Goodra, the more unpopular choice, Which I never understood. He has higher special defense and higher special attack. Other than typing he seems somewhat superior. But what do I know, I don't have a Ph.D. in Dragon Monotyping. Equipped with an Assult Vest to withstand even a blizzard, (Not tested) we're stuck with 4 attacking moves. I Chose moves that I feel like you'd use depending on the special attacking mon you want to outlast with your meaty gooey girth.

Last and probably not least, I wouldn't know. Is Duraludon
A little bit of setup never hurt anyone
:duraludon:

3 set up moves and steel beam. A pretty simple idea. Good Defense but atrocious special defense, so watch out for that. Decided to max out his Defense and Health to take as many hits as possible to get those setups available. I couldn't hold back from my own Aurora Veil experiences and decided to give him Light Clay to extend the Reflect and Light Screen. And Steel Beam is for when you're done or just want to ruin someone's day, 50% HP for a cannon of iron using Exothermic Heat generated by the oxidation reaction in the creation of steel?? Sign. Me. Up.

Ok bare with me, it's time to see our final result.

:ss/kyurem:
Menace (Kyurem) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Slide
- Roost

:ss/dragonite:
ice gay #2 (Dragonite) (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Dual Wingbeat

:ss/garchomp:
ice gay (Garchomp) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

:ss/dragapult:
Kidnapper MK.2 (Dragapult) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Shadow Ball

:ss/goodra:
BRO THERES POR- (Goodra) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Thunder

:ss/Duraludon:
Prob Into Rock (Duraludon) (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- Steel Beam

( Marron's Dragon Team (pokepast.es) )

I had almost no clue what I was doing, so please don't bully me to hard on this :)

And I know the team is a little aggressive, but I believe in you :)

here you go MoCa hope this is good enough https://pokepast.es/eb5916284a85f98a I started with the set with jirachi I wanted to try one of the offensive sets to make one cleaners of the team in the end of the game I put him alongside mew of utility I send the Spikes vicitni pokemon who will be the wallbreaker of the team helping against the mu steel, slowbro is our physical defender then there is tapu lele who gives a hand against the dark guy as the last pokemon I chose Alakazam to take advantage of the psyco terrain . happy holidays to all s/o AtraX Madara for giving me many ideas for the team to make the team and test it s/o yedla for the team you have built it is a lot of fun

Merry Christmas Crystal Vince I apologize for the late reply. Life has been a bit busy, but I made sure to have your gift ready :heart: happy holidays!
:Landorus-therian: :excadrill: :nidoking: :mamoswine: :garchomp: :gastrodon:
https://pokepast.es/8f079bd43a80dc24

This team is a revamp of a team I brought vs Chaitanya week 7 of MPL https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1395586880-sczyqnp8gnshn1g33c93iy368oxyp08pw
And a team I built for Rinda vs King Choco week 2 of MPL https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1374211135 both shown here.

In order to make the fairy match up more bearable, I have Sludge Wave on landorus which has a 100% chance to OHKO offensive bulu, with speed to outpaced excadrill. U turn is used to pivot out but can be changed to any move you'd like. Everything else is mostly standard since ground doesn't have many pokemon to innovate with.

I'd use this team vs someone that spams Flying, fairy, steel, electric, poison. The other match ups aren't that great in my personal opinion. Usually I'd bring you some up to date tournament showings to showcase my build, however I haven't joined any monotype tours lately.

Enjoy and thank you for making me a team, I seriously appreciate it :blobuwu:

Last edited:
happy new year SNAK30PRA!! i'm not the best at fairy, but i hope i completed your request of "primarina fairy" well enough! i still remember when i saw you first getting into mono. it's really great to see you being such a positive force, no matter where you are. your ability to put your best foot forward in this community is something i really admire and want to emulate

keep it up, and have a fantastic 2022!

:ss/klefki: :ss/primarina: :ss/tapu bulu: :ss/azumarill: :ss/tapu koko: :ss/tapu lele:
so (i think) this is a pretty normal fairy team with some differences

:primarina:
Primarina (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
the big one is primarina. her goal is to click big damage buttons. from my experience, even against matchups like steel and poison, primarina comes in handy. i've found that nothing on steel likes coming in on a hydro pump or a scald. i tried going with flip turn over scald, but the burn chance is a really good deterrent for things you otherwise can't beat 1-on-1 like ferrothorn. the half-water typing also helps check excadrill, which is always a plus

:klefki:
Klefki (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes
- Steel Beam/Foul Play
klefki is very important to making primarina work. while she's not the sturdiest, and certainly no moltres-galar, under screens she can a hit or two and fire back with moves that'll almost always OHKO or 2HKO without any further setup. i originally went with twave, but I thought it was too passive. steel beam helps with getting primarina in safely to click buttons, but foul play can help if you want to keep klefki around for longer.

:tapu koko:
Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
i asked a friend, "who's the best defogger on fairy?" they responded with "fairy doesn't really run one. but if you want, i can give you this tapu koko set i know of."
primarina absolutely needs hazard control. it comes in a lot to threaten opposing mons out or to tank a blow. putting primarina against rocks-based or spiking teams is a miserable experience. this is the problem. the answer? tapu koko. defog koko has a decent time threatening things out with its thunderbolt and in turn, gives it a chance to clear the field of hazards. losing spikes set up by klefki hurts, but primarina's moves often do the trick instead. not to mention koko's great pivoting ability, and you've got two great support mons to help the star of the show.

:azumarill: :tapu bulu: :tapu lele:
the rest of the team is pretty standard from what i know. tapu bulu is essential for managing the ground matchup, healing primarina with grassy terrain, chunking things into specs range, and being a great lure for the steel/flying's that primarina feasts on. azumarill stacks the weaknesses of water/fairy types, but also acts as the perfect cleaner for whatever primarina has savaged. (it's also your best bet for killing glowking). tapu lele rounds things out by doing what lele does. fast and hard-hitting offense with decent coverage and insurance against bullet punch.

all in all, it's always a joy to burn corviknights trying to be slick. i hope the team's alright, but more importantly, i hope you have fun with it! thanks for the fun challenge!!

Last edited:
Merry Christmas Derpeddeath! Apologies for being a bit late but here's your team https://pokepast.es/64ea70220bf1387c :pimp:
:thundurus: :zeraora: :raichu-alola: :magnezone: :tapu koko: :rotom-wash:

You requested electric with Thundurus-i and while the mon is hot dick water, I could build around it with a pretty standard team with just a few changes.

:thundurus:
Thundurus (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

The first step was figuring out what Thundy I wanted to build around. Initially I was gonna use banded or Specs but I decided that plot was the way to go because it's likely the most consistently good vs every type. Tbolt psychic fblast allows you to hit 99% of things neutrally and plot actually gives you some damage. I am going to be blunt though, you need to play a bit aggressive with this mon to succeed with it though, because it is simply too frail to get +2 on basically anything. Call out the switch and plot and then you can actually punish.

Most of the team is self-explanatory, but I will go over a few things that I think work well with thundurus specifically.

:tapu koko:
Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature's Madness
- U-turn

You really like this move because after you weaken certain mons like Landorus/Dragalge/Ferrothorn it really frees the floor for thundy and raichu to just clean up. Plus taking 50% from mons like drill is always always always valuable.

:Raichu-Alola:
Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast

This move is pretty much exclusively for slowking galar. Knocking off it's AV actually gives you a chance to sweep with thundy vs poison, and allows raichu to do it's thing better vs psychic as well.

Overall, the team is pretty straightforward, and if you know how to play offensive zapdos electric you'll know how to play this. Just play aggressive, and keep the pressure up. Most of the time you won't have a switch in to their really hard hitters so don't allow yourself to be on the backfoot. Standard electric things.

Ashbala Merry Christmas! Here is the Flying-type team that you requested.

:celesteela::moltres-galar::landorus-therian::dragonite::zapdos::corviknight:
https://pokepast.es/5f4d1aeb9e1e1367

I went through quite a few versions of the team to make it as similar to your request as possible. You asked for an Offensive Celetseela + Goltres Flying team that checks the offensive core's checks defensively. The main problem with the offensive core that you wanted is that it doesn't have a real Wallbreaker. To fill that role, I added Choice Specs Zapdos. The defensive core is a pivot Defog Corviknight and a specially defensive Dragonite. Scarf Landorus-therian and Thunder Wave Dragonite act as the team's speed control. Dragon Tail allows Dragonite to spread status and wear down the electric/ground types that might try to switch into Thunder Wave. Enjoy!

pas_touchao Merry Chirstman and a happy new year!
For your request of a vikavolt agility + 3 offensive moves, preferrably on an electric team.
1640976141481.png
1640975968120.png
1640976057847.png
1640976043234.png
1640976034376.png
1640975982222.png

https://pokepast.es/5a985e9373cfe810

It's more or less a generic electric team but with a vikavolt, the vikavolt is holding an electric seed to make it easier to setup an agility or two.
Defensive core being zapdos and washtom with a little bit of discharge spam to get those paras.
I hope you enjoy your team!

Neko

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hi Felines , your secret santa was supposed to be Baker's Suboptimal , but they have not been active, nor have they shown any sign that they will finish the team. Because of this, I made your request (with a little help from DugZie). I hope you enjoy it because it felt a bit unique and cool for me (first time trying out ghost) :blobuwu:

:palossand: :aegislash: :jellicent: :dragapult: :spectrier: :mimikyu:

Palossand is a consistent rocker for Ghost teams that doubles as an Electric immunity. Its also quite thick in terms of physical defense, taking only minimal damage from Knock Off, allowing it to sponge those kinds of hits from Landorus-T. Scorching Sands allow you to fish for Burns to make Palossand more annoying, and Toxic to screw over Flying-types like Zapdos that think they can come in on it (you get forced out tho but ehhh). 8 Speed EVs lets you outspeed Melm and fish for a burn before getting DIB'ed (you live a banded DIB, btw). The most common counterplay with Palo I observed is Toxic and Water-type moves, so I got Aegislash and Jellicent to form some sort of Defensive core in Ghost. HDB is used on Jellicent so that it can come in and not get rekt by Spikes / T.Spikes because we dont have removal. This defensive core also spreads status, which Spectrier greatly appreciates. Dragapult is our speed control, and the set is a Physical one due to me having trouble removing stuff like Spectrier behind subs with a special set (you dont OHKO with SBall...). Fire Blast allows us to punish Corv and Celes switching in, thinking ur an odd DD set. Mimikyu is a late game cleaner and failsafe vs stuff like Galarian Moltres, and Diguise helps a lot and comes in clutch in a lot of matchups. I hope you like this team and happy holidays!

Neko

Hi yedla , your secret santa was supposed to be Moca, but they didn't follow through. Fortunately, a kind stranger took your request, and asked me to relay this team to you. Hope you enjoy it and happy 2022! :blobnom:
:salamence: :corviknight: :thundurus-therian: :landorus-therian: :moltres-galar: :mantine:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)