Welcome to the second official SS Monotype Cup and the second tour in the Monotype Cup. Whether you're a veteran with something to prove or a newbie looking for your breakout, I wish you the best of luck.
Art by Swiffix
Art by Swiffix
Standard Rules and Clauses
- Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
- Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type.
- Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
- Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
- OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
- Moody Clause: Moody is banned
- Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
- Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
- HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
- Dynamax Clause: Prevents Pokémon from Dynamaxing
- Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
- Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
- Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
- Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
That aside, feel free to get back to me in the Monotype discord server if you still have any questions regarding this tournament (or the Monotype Cup in general) after reading this post!
This tournament awards points toward the Monotype Cup, the top 16 players with the most points at the end, throughout the five consecutive tours, participating in playoffs.
I'm looking forward to a great tournament, good luck everyone!
Signups end on Sunday February 19th @ 11:59 PM (GMT-5)