Monotype Monotype steel (need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I'm playing a RPG online and I decided to play with a monotype steel. At the end I got stuck with this team so I can't change any pokémons in it and also can't evolve Lucario into it's mega. Would be great any help.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

I had a bad time trying to set up Sword Dance so instead I chose to replace it with meteor mash to have a STAB steel. I can also replace earthquake with some dark move because I don't have one and Extreme Speed with Bullet Punch.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Drill Peck

This one has been my only salvation when it comes to fighting types, so I'm thinking of making it full def instead of spdef. The drill peck works good against grass types and the whirlwind has been the cause of many forfeits.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

My lead and counter to fire tipes. I'm also trying this one with full SpA and Ice Beam/Scald due to my difficulty against fire tipes. I am also considering put a Z Move Water/Ice because I don't have a Pokemon for it and I really need one.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

This Excadrill is a classic scarfed one and works great as a physical attacker, it's great speed let me outspeed many fighting threats with Earthquake, but I am also thinking of replacing toxic with a flying move or anything like that.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Magnet Pull is great against steel pokes most of the time. The hidden power ice can also be replaced with a fire one, but ground attacks are fatal to my team when Skarmory is dead, so this Magnezone may appear early in the match before the Skarmory and the Excadrill.

Probopass @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power
- Taunt

I have no idea what to do with this probopass so this is the one I need most help. I am also trying to make it full def and spdef, but it's 4x weakness against ground and fighting moves makes it really useless if it's not my lead with stealth rock and toxic instead of Empoleon.

Last edited by a moderator:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can use the smogon dex for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)