Project Monotype Teambuilding Competition V3.2 [index]

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Autotomize
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

WIP

The voting phase has ended, congratulations to The Excadrill for winning Cycle 21!

EricSaysHi: 2
Alpha-Harpreet: 3
The Excadrill: 4

Cycle 22 will be up later today, tagging Acast to merge this with the Index thread

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Dragon,not a Toad:
Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Rock Slide

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Rock Tomb
- Mach Punch

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Foul Play
- Synthesis

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Rock Slide
- Mirror Coat

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Horn Leech

Since this time the pokemon to built around was Gourgeist-Super,I wanted to try something different and so I built a team around the rarely used mega pokemon on grass mono teams which is Mega Sceptile. For
Mega Sceptile I am running a mixed set to take care of pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y or Volcarona with rock slide. Focus blast is used for steel types like ferrothorn or heatran. While leaf storm is the main stab move doing good damage coming off base 145 special attack stat. Dragon pulse helps vs slower dragon types.
Next I added in
Breloom in to the team since its spore shenanigans are too good to pass up and its priority move in mach punch is very useful in match ups like steel or dark. With spore Breloom gets free opportunity to set up a swords dance which allows it to wreck havoc especially late game in the battle. Focus sash is used to ensure breloom lives an attack which allows it to spore faster pokemon.Rock Tomb is used for flying and fire types like Zapdos or Torkoal.
Gourgeist-Super on the team acts as physical wall checking threats such as Scizor and Heracross with will-o-wisp and Foul play, it has leech seed to annoy switch ins and force them to switch out while leech seed also acts a pseudo recovery move. Synthesis is used for longevity as it allows it to check threats multiple times in a battle.Its Ghost typing allows it to spin block hazards vs types like bug which use armaldo or forrertress to rapid spin.
Next I added Specially defensive
Cradily on the team to provide stealth rock support while also checking threats like Mega Charizard Y or Volcarona for the team with Rock slide. Recover is for sustain. I went for Mirror Coat over toxic to have better time while facing a heatran,Nidoking or Offensive Celesteela.
To fill the core with cradily, I added
Ferrothorn lastly since it checks threats like kyurem for the team thanks to its part steel typing which provides it with immunity to poison moves to a grass team. Leech seed allows it to 1v1 stall out a number of pokemon.Protect is used to stall in tandem with leech seed and gain leftovers recovery as well. Spikes is used to pressure opposing teams more and Ferrothorn gets many opportunites to set it up and lastly Gyro ball hits hard to faster pokemon such as latios or kyurem since Ferrothorn is very slow.
Tapu bulu
is speed control of the team with a choice scarf set, Wood hammer hits hard thanks to grassy terrain boost. Stone edge is used for flying and fire types. Superpower is used for grounded steel types like Heatran or Ferrothorn. Horn leech is used to gain hp since wood hammer has recoil.

Last edited:
Extending the submission phase further to Friday, if no other submissions come in by then, I'll end the cycle right away.

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Knock Off

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Foul Play
- Fire Blast

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Celebi @ Psychium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Nasty Plot

The team was made to supply Gourgeist-Super with Grass's premier defensive core in order to maximize its defensive potential. I chose a max defense set for it in order to maximize its role as a physical wall. The moves are standard for the most part, though Fire Blast may seem like a strange choice. It helps surprise things like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Mega Scizor* that otherwise force you out. It's ghost typing allows it to be a great spinblocker and goes very well with the rest of the team as it has a focus on hazard stacking.

Mega Venusaur is a great Knock Off tank that can also switch in to the Fire and Ice moves that bother Gourgeist. Poison coverage allows the team to take on Fairy much better in tandem with Ferrothorn. The set is defensive as we included another physical wall to complete the defensive core.

Ferrothorn and Cradily form a hazard stacking core of their own, which allows Bulu to break more easily and gives Celebi a higher chance of sweeping. The Cradily set is meant to check Volcarona as it destroys the team otherwise. Cradily can also take on a lot of special attackers due to its naturally great bulk.

Finally, the team is completed with the offensive backbone of Tapu Bulu and Celebi. Celebi is a great setup sweeper that really likes the hazard support Cradily and Ferrothorn provide, and it can help in numerous matchups, the most important one being Poison. Tapu Bulu is scarfed as it is the best form of speed control on Grass. Superpower + Horn Leech + Stone Edge is great coverage that allows it to blow past types like Normal and even Bug and Steel.

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Offensive Sand Less Ground
Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 132 HP / 12 Atk / 240 SpA / 124 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Diggersby @ Focus Sash
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Endeavor
- Quick Attack
- Frustration

Seismitoad @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Superpower

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Overveiw:
So I wanted to try sand less ground with
Mega Camerupt,as it is a threatening albeit slow wall breaker that hits very hard and takes on troublesome pokemon like celesteela for the team while checking pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y with rock slide. Mega camerupt forces switches and so I gave it stealth rock to use this on a switch. Fire blast and earth power being its STAB moves and powered by sheer force hit hard helping to wall break,it has enough speed to outspeed toxapex.
Spikes Diggersby is an unexpected set that on the team, it allows offensive teammates to score easy KOs while sash and endevour allows diggersby to surprise kill pokemon that straight away wish to attack it. This set is really fun and can get kills easily with endevour and quick attack if played smartly, diggersby forces switches so it finds good number of opportunites to set up spikes for the team.
Next I added in Seismitoad which is a must for every ground team and has good synergy with mega camerupt since seismitoad is immune to water moves and hence covers a huge weakness of mega camerupt. Seismitoad on the team has an AV set that aims to act as a pivot into special moves such as ice beam for the team, it has knock off to provide utility support and to cripple the eviolie twins vs normal match up, sludge wave allows seismitoad to check azumarill as it is a huge threat otherwise.
After adding seismitoad, I wanted a strong physical wall breaker so I added in Choice banded mamoswine that is very good coverage moves in Ground and Ice, it also provides the team with a priority move in ice shard which allows it to take out dragon types like latios,Garchomp etc.Adamant nature is used for more power. Choice banded Mamoswine and Mega camerupt is a great wall breaking core.
Next up is the set up sweeper of the team in landorus-T sporting a DD set that helps vs both offensive and defensive teams, against an offensive team landorus-T can simply set up a rock polish and clean late game thanks to its good edge-quake coverage, While vs defensive teams landorus-T can wall break with swords dance, making big holes in the opposing team.
Lastly I added in scarf garchomp since it outspeeds threats such as kyurem and greninja and sits at a good base 102 speed letting it outspeed common scarf users.

Last edited:

Namranan

:)))))))))))
False balance Ground
This team is actually an offensive team, but because of Mega-camerupt's speed, it may appear to be a balance team, hence the name. For all intents and purposes though, this is an offensive ground team.

Camerupt-Mega - Camerupt acts as a special wallbreaker with this set and has his Ev's optimized to make him a bulky attacker capable of bringing down most walls that are SE against its moves. It can also force choice mons like Keldeo to use Hydro Pump and feed Seismitoad.
Seismitoad - If Camerupt baits out a water move or someone else on the team does, seismitoad switches in and attacks because of its water absorb ability. AV allows it to maximize its bulkiness and allow it to take a few other non-immune special hits. Also has knock off utility.
Garchomp - Classic SD breaker chomp, uses droconium Z as a great nuke.
Krookadile - SR setter for the team sporting a sash and maximum speed to make sure it gets rocks down. Also has knock off utility and a powerful STAB move. Also uses Taunt to stop vincune subbing, and other rock setters that are slower.
Dugtrio - Traps and destroys Tapu Bulu and other similar threats to ground. This set sports sludge wave specifically to 2HKO tapu Bulu.
Excadrill - Basic Mold Breaking Scarf Excadrill, this one uses rapid spin over toxic to ensure hazards are removed.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Seismitoad @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Knock Off
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Sludge Wave

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sludge Wave
- Sucker Punch
- Reversal

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Edit: idk why but the coding for the table is being weird with me so I'm just going to leave it as is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)