Project Monotype Theorymon [Index]

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
approved by Eien
Rules / Tips:
• Make sure your ideas don't include extreme buffs such as giving the Pokemon Huge Power or an insanely powerful move and +100 Special Attack. Be reasonable.
• When making changes to a Pokemon, don't focus only on improving what the Pokemon already does. You could make it work differently by changing its moves, ability, typing, and let it do more than it normally does.
• Submit your idea in full — include the item, EVs, nature, and moves — using the PS! importable format for readability.
• Give a description on how the changes you made help the Pokemon and the typing. This project is meant to encourage discussion and sketchy posts don't help with that.
• Don't insult other people for their ideas even if you think it's bad. Let the voting period decide that.
• Editing your idea is allowed as long as it's not during the voting period.
• Do not post the same set as other Pokemon. There's no precedent to this, but it's obvious when someone has blatantly copies another user and changes just the EVs.
Stats can be boosted in 10s and each boost counts as 1 change to prevent broken submissions; however, you may boost stats by up to 30 if you do not change anything else.
• Do NOT copy any sets from the previous thread. You will be punished.
• You can only post one submission per Pokemon; you can post a total of three submissions, though (one for each Pokemon on the slate).
Bold or make apparent the changes you make to the Pokemon on the set(example).
• You can only make a maximum of 3 changes to a Pokemon. Each new move counts as one move, as does a new ability and a new typing.
• Have fun!
Cycle 11 Slates:
/
/

Posting Deadline: July 14th 11:59 PM EDT
Voting Deadline: July 16th 11:59 PM EDT
Reminder that you can only submit one Theorymon for each Pokemon. Also remember to check the rules thoroughly - I will not allow any submissions that break them to go through the voting round. Good luck!

Last edited:
+20 Special Defense + Water Absorb

Stats: 85/75/110/100/95/35
Palossand @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shore Up
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain / Earth Power​

This set was mainly built with Ground teams in mind. This can grant Ground teams a near perfect Keldeo switch-in, since unlike Gastrodon and Seismitoad, it's immune to Secret Sword. The only particular thing Keldeo will be able to hit it with is Icy Wind, and that's not even a guaranteed 3HKO:

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Palossand: 134-158 (35.8 - 42.2%) -- 89.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Palossand also has access to Giga Drain as a means of extra sustain and some decent presence in the Water matchup, and with Hippowdon's sand, Shore Up will be giving it incredible amounts of recovery. It also offers some Ghost STAB as a means of hitting Slowbro, and with its naturally good Special Attack, it can put in quite the heavy dent against it(btw it also outspeeds by 5 Speed points):

0 SpA Palossand Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 206-246 (52.2 - 62.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

For Ghost teams, the most it offers is a Rock resistance. Jellicent is just generally superior in the regards of a Water immunity. However, these changes to Palossand can make it a useful asset over Gastrodon, despite not having the Ice neutrality.

+20 Speed + 10 Special Attack

Turtonator @ Life Orb / Dragonium Z
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor
- Shell Smash
- Focus Blast​

With these small stat increases, Turtonator can become an effective Shell Smasher for Dragon teams, being able to easily dismantle Steel teams after a single Shell Smash. Thanks to its increase in Speed, it can now outspeed Scarf Excadrill after a Shell Smash, which it wouldn't be able to do otherwise. Either Flamethrower or Fire Blast could work, since both will be decimating the same targets for the most part. The same applies to Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse, but Draco Meteor could very easily take its Special Attack boosts away, so it may not be worth tearing through Mega Slowbro. The possibility of the Dragonium Z is mainly for Fire, which I'll get into later. Here are some calcs of Turtonator's newfound power after the Special Attack increase:

Against Steel:

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Turtonator Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 136+ SpD Heatran: 434-512 (112.7 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Turtonator Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 460-541 (115.5 - 135.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Turtonator Flamethrower vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 382-452 (108.8 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The other mons on Steel are pretty obviously taken care of, seeing as Turtonator can very easily dispose of these 3. Here are some calcs against some other mons:

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Turtonator Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 398-468 (106.4 - 125.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Turtonator Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 176 SpD Slowbro-Mega: 454-536 (115.2 - 136%) -- guaranteed OHKO(while Dragon Pulse doesn't finish the job, it'll be more important saving those Special Attack boosts)

On Fire, these improvements still won't make it see much usage, as it still ends up getting outsped by every relevant Scarfer in the tough Dragon matchup, and it'll just have a hard time setting up. But perhaps with the Dragonium Z, it can break through some troublesome threats to Fire teams:

+2 252 SpA Turtonator Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 300-354 (98.6 - 116.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO(yet another potential use of Draco Meteor, but it still might not be worth it in other situations.)

+2 252 SpA Turtonator Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 16+ SpD Mantine: 358-423 (95.7 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Turtonator Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 128 HP / 252+ SpD Lanturn: 457-538 (108 - 127.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+10 Attack + 10 Speed + Part Ground Typing

Stats: 97/117/101/127/89/89
Typing: Psychic / Ground
Necrozma @ Life Orb / Groundium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Psycho Cut
- Autotomize
- Night Slash / Swords Dance

These changes turn Necrozma into a threatening force for both its types. Starting with Ground, having a part Psychic type with Autotomize is incredible for tearing through the troublesome Fighting matchup. With the Speed increase, it can now outspeed Scarf Keldeo after an Autotomize, which it wouldn't be able to do with its mere 79 previous Speed. Night Slash is literally only for Latios, since it wouldn't be able to touch Latios otherwise. But Swords Dance can be used to further increase its power and to break through certain defensive checks. Both the Life Orb and the Groundium Z can work effectively. Here are the calcs showing how powerful it can be:

Vs Fighting:
252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 330-393 (102.1 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Terrakion: 471-556 (145.8 - 172.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO(also gets KOed by Psycho Cut. Not to mention how Necrozma resists both its STAB moves, turning Terrakion into easy setup bait.)

252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 351-413 (90.9 - 106.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Necrozma Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gallade-Mega: 313-369 (112.5 - 132.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO(a specific situation where Life Orb wouldn't be able to kill)

252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heracross-Mega: 268-320 (89 - 106.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

And here are some calcs against other threats:

+2 252+ Atk Necrozma Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 309-364 (82.6 - 97.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma Night Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 244-289 (81 - 96%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Necrozma Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 310-366 (78.6 - 92.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Necrozma Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 405-477 (102.7 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As for Psychic teams, Necrozma can offer powerful Ground STAB to aid in the Poison matchup(and especially Alolan Muk). For Psychic teams in particular, since one wouldn't like to give up the Mewnium Z for Mew, the Life Orb will probably be preferred. Here are some of the calcs:

Vs Poison's Defensive Core:

252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 234-276 (76.9 - 90.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 12 Def Muk-Alola: 541-640 (130.9 - 154.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 390-460 (107.1 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Against some other threats:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 116 Def Sableye-Mega: 325-383 (107.2 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tyranitar: 398-471 (98.7 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 573-676 (81.5 - 96.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Yay Theorymon is back​

Last edited:
Physically defensive Turtonator

Moves added: Lava Plume, Recover, Stealth Rock

Turtonator @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

This is something close to what I planned to do with Turtonator of Dragon before Gen 7 was released much to disappoint me with getting absolutely nothing I wanted from it, although I still tried defensive Turtonator with what I had at my disposal. The main idea of this set is being the alternative to tank Garchomp, letting the latter run a more dangerous set such as Swords Dance without any burden. As a tank, it has ever useful for Dragon Monotypes neutralities to Ice and Fairy, as well as Steel resistance, making Scizor hardly a threat and trolling choiced Excadrill locking itself into Iron Head.

The EV spread increases Turtonator's physical bulk noticeably while the Speed investment lets it outrun uninvested base 36-40 Speed Pokemon like Forretress and Gastrodon; Rocky Helmet punishes physical attackers with contact-inducing moves - something defensive Turtonator has to deal with often. Alternatively, HP + Sp. Defense spread can let it take special attacks a little better, but I prefer rather leaving that to AV Goodra or bulkier Dragalge sets.

I also had idea of putting Rapid Spin there, but Turtonator looks extremely prone to hazards in the first place. Although, freeing a Defog moveslot from Latias or Latios is pretty.

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Necrozma @ Stamina, +20 SpD (109 SpD)

Necrozma @ Leftovers +20 SpD
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

This is an effort to make a set similar to the annoying stored power Latias that I hate so much. While there isn't necessarily anything much different about this compared to a set it can already run right now, it now has a passive means of increasing its defense. This makes Necrozma extremely difficult to take down if its given the opportunity to set up. As with the stored power latias set, this is completely ineffective vs. Dark type pokemon, which is why I added in hidden power fighting, to hit everything except sableye and spiritomb.

Turtonator @ Rapid Spin, Soft-Boiled, +10 HP (70 HP)

Turtonator @ Leftovers +10 HP
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic

I'm making Turtonator a pseudo-needed hazard removal for dragon type, freeing up a moveslot from latios or latias, while acting as a decent wall. I opted to give it +10 HP to ease the need for more bulk, while Soft-Boiled is a flavor recovery move (bc it's a turtle). Last move is Will-O-Wisp to deter physical attackers, or toxic to help wear down threatening walls to dragon type such as Porygon-2.

Palossand @ Dry Skin, Toxic Spikes, Hex

Palossand @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
Bold Nature
- Shore Up
- Toxic Spikes
- Hex
- Earth Power

Unfortunately for Palossand, it'll never be better as a water immunity than Seismitoad as it can't beat Azumarill, and it's also outclassed on Ghost by Jellicent. However, this is a fun little set to try out. Dry Skin is a flavor water absorb, as it's made of sand, giving all benefits of water absorb, while also healing in rain; but the downside is it takes damage from sun. This is a hazard spreader set, to be used on bulky teams, by abusing toxic spikes + hex, with reliable recovery in shore up.

Last edited:
Palossand + Arena Trap + Will-O-Wisp + 10 HP

Stats: 95/75/110/100/75/35
Palossand @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Toxic / Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shore Up

This set can let Palossand trap peevesome threats for both Ghost and Ground, including both Offensive and Defensive threats. Will o Wisp lets it cripple physical attackers and wallbreakers that threaten the team, such as Diggersby or Excadrill. Nothing more to say, really.

Utility Turdle

Turtonator @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Fire Blast
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Well, got the idea from it being a dumb looking spiky turtle. I gave it oblivious because it looks dumb, also cuz oblivious blocks taunt lol. Spikes because it's literally got spikes coming out from it's shell. And rapid spin for more utility. Dragon could really use a hazard stacker that also spins away hazards.

Necrozma @ Leftovers
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Morning Sun
- Moonblast
- Stored Power

Okay so I gave necrozma a huge buff in cosmic power and moonblast as coverage. With it's solid defensive stats it can easily setup and start to sweep. However I realized this would be kind of OP, so i nerfed it's ability to magician, as it also fit with the aesthetic . It has a really easy time setting up, but can easily lose to status and strong attacks.

iLlama

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Moosical necromza
Moosical turtunator
Tyke palossand

Last edited:

iLlama

approved by Eien
Rules / Tips:
• Make sure your ideas don't include extreme buffs such as giving the Pokemon Huge Power or an insanely powerful move and +100 Special Attack. Be reasonable.
• When making changes to a Pokemon, don't focus only on improving what the Pokemon already does. You could make it work differently by changing its moves, ability, typing, and let it do more than it normally does.
• Submit your idea in full — include the item, EVs, nature, and moves — using the PS! importable format for readability.
• Give a description on how the changes you made help the Pokemon and the typing. This project is meant to encourage discussion and sketchy posts don't help with that.
• Don't insult other people for their ideas even if you think it's bad. Let the voting period decide that.
• Editing your idea is allowed as long as it's not during the voting period.
• Do not post the same set as other Pokemon. There's no precedent to this, but it's obvious when someone has blatantly copies another user and changes just the EVs.
Stats can be boosted in 10s and each boost counts as 1 change to prevent broken submissions; however, you may boost stats by up to 30 if you do not change anything else.
• Do NOT copy any sets from the previous thread. You will be punished.
• You can only post one submission per Pokemon; you can post a total of three submissions, though (one for each Pokemon on the slate).
Bold or make apparent the changes you make to the Pokemon on the set(example).
• You can only make a maximum of 3 changes to a Pokemon. Each new move counts as one move, as does a new ability and a new typing.
• Have fun!

Cycle 12 Slates:
/
/

Posting Deadline: July 24th 11:59 PM EDT
Voting Deadline: July 26th 11:59 PM EDT

Reminder that you can only submit one Theorymon for each Pokemon. Also remember to check the rules thoroughly - I will not allow any submissions that break them to go through the voting round. Good luck!

+10 Attack + 20 Speed

Stats: 68/115/70/70/70/112
Bruxish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch / Ice Fang

I decided to keep it simple by giving Bruxish some basic stat increases. With the drastic Speed increase, it hits 112 Speed, outspeeding many threats that it couldn't outspeed previously such as Victini, Landorus, Latios, and Terrakion. The extra Attack increase allows it to guarantee an OHKO against Mega Venusaur, which is especially important for Water teams specifically, while also generally doing a huge number to Poison teams once Alolan Muk has been removed. For Psychic, it can serve as a solid revenge killer in the Ground matchup, while also revenge killing Volcarona with a Banded Aqua Jet if it manages to set up too much. Here are some of the calcs:
252 Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Bruxish Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 366-432 (100.5 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Bruxish Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 432-510 (143.5 - 169.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Bruxish Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 254-302 (81.6 - 97.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(all it needs is the slightest amount of prior chip damage)

252 Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Bruxish Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 306-360 (100.6 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Bruxish Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 272-324 (75.3 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(another situation where it only needs a little bit of chip damage)

252 Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Bruxish Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 316-374 (97.2 - 115%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Part Dark typing + Gale Wings + 10 Speed

Typing: Dark / Flying
Stats: 80/120/75/75/75/70
Toucannon @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Swords Dance​

These are definitely some of the weirdest changes I've made. This set was made with solely Dark teams in mind. With Gale Wings, Dark teams can essentially have a solid check to Keldeo and a few other Fighting types. Staying at full health will be a lot easier considering the hazard prevention offered by Mega Sableye and Mandibuzz. Tailwind can allow Pokemon like Greninja, Hydreigon, and Mega Houndoom to sweep more effectively. The 10 Speed was added because when Jolly, it's capable of outspeeding Scarf Terrakion and Keldeo under Tailwind just in case it's not at full health. Swords Dance can let it break through more balanced builds like Poison and Water, which is definitely appreciated by Dark teams. Here are some damage calcs:

252 Atk Toucannon Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 321-378 (99.3 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Toucannon Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 408-480 (126.3 - 148.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Toucannon Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 313-369 (102.9 - 121.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO​

Part Normal typing + 20 Defense

Typing: Normal / Fairy
Stats: 51/52/110/82/110/100
Comfey @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Taunt / Aromatherapy

I am well aware that a part Grass typing would make more sense thematically, but honestly Grass teams wouldn't take very much advantage of this. However, Normal teams can use this newly improved Comfey as a sort of wincon in matchups like Dark and Fighting(Dark will be managed once Alolan Muk is removed). Taunt can be used as a means of preventing status moves, but Aromatherapy can also work as a means of healing any statuses taken from it or its teammates. With the increased Defense, it can more comfortably take Fighting type attacks, as well as physical attacks in general. Here are some calcs:
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Comfey: 141-166 (46.5 - 54.7%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Comfey: 132-156 (43.5 - 51.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Heracross Close Combat vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Comfey: 129-153 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Sharpedo-Mega Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Comfey: 93-111 (30.6 - 36.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Increased EV's in 30 Speed
Bruxish @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
With the a great ability of Strong Jaw and move sets to complement the ability well Bruxish has very great sweeping potential. Yet its speed and frailness does not allow it to reach its full potential in sweeping by being to slow and have relatively low defense. With an increase in speed Bruxish is able to cause massive damage to teams and do work.

zugubu royale

Banned deucer.
+20 Speed + Taunt

Stats: 80/120/75/75/75/80
Toucan Sam (Toucannon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed

I might have given it a little too much speed but the speed tier it hits with +20 is just too nice. I decided on taunt because flying monos would appreciate not worrying about stealth rocks, life orb enables the ohko with rock blast vs SpDef Zapdos. Normal Monos that choose to run it also welcome it's speed tier (the only speed tie being mega gallade).
Bullet Seed for Vincune because we anti meta around here :J

Serene Grace + Heart Stamp + Sacred Fire

ugly pizza (Bruxish) @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Heart Stamp
- Sacred Fire

I choose this set in particular because it would really enhance the psychic steel matchup and having a jirachi on water monos cant hurt.
Sacred Fire with a guaranteed burn was added to the set, because that pizza is baking nice and crisp. Designated Item is the Wacan Berry.

Last edited:

+ Wish

Comfey @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage / Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Draining Kiss / Dazzling Gleam / Energy Ball / U-turn

I gave Comfey Wish to give Mono-grass a viable Wish-passer and cleric. (Leafeon is the only other Grass-type Wish-passer + Cleric, sadly.) Everything else in the set is pretty self-explanatory. The ability can change between Triage or Natural Cure depending on the player's playstyle. The last move can either be an attack to prevent Comfey from being useless under Taunt, or U-turn for momentum.

Fun fact: Comfey is the only Pokemon commonly used by Nurse Joy in the anime that CANNOT learn Wish. Weird, right?

+ Drill Run

Bruxish @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Drill Run
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs

Water has two weaknesses: Grass and Electric. Bruxish already has Ice Fang for Grass-types, so I thought it could make good use of an anti-Electric move, to help its role as an All-Out Attacker. How does a fat fish use Drill Run? That will remain a mystery for now.

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Toucannon @ Intimidate + Defog + 10 Def (85 Defense)

Toucannon @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Beak Blast
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

The idea here is to turn Toucannon into a better Staraptor. It has slightly better bulk than Staraptor, and the same Attack stat, while being slower. The key here is Beak Blast, which is an amazing utility and attacking move. Intimidate already inhibits physical attackers, but Beak Blast would also force a switch out, considering making contact with Toucannon would burn your Pokemon. This allows Toucannon to either have a strong free attack on their switch in, or utility in a free roost, defog, or pivot when predicting their switch out. It's really a crime that Toucannon doesn't have Defog, so I added that in.

Comfey is garbage

Toucannon + 10 HP + Intimidate + Rapid Spin

( BST: 495 | 90 HP (+10) / 120 Atk / 75 Def / 75 SpA / 75 SpD / 60 Spe )

Toucannon @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish / Relaxed Nature
- Beak Blast
- Roost
- Rapid Spin
- Overheat / U-turn
An alternative to Staraptor that has more overall bulk (especially on the special side) and also some decent Fire coverage for Skarmory and Mega Scizor while still being able to pivot and remove hazards. Why can it use Rapid Spin? Blame it on the Fruit Loops. Also Torkool don't steal my ideas smh :[

Bruxish + Fire Fang + 20 Attack

( BST: 495 | 125 Atk (+20) / 70 Def / 70 SpA / 70 SpD / 92 Spe )

Bruxish @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance / Aqua Jet / Ice Fang​

Basically giving Bruxish the coverage to deck Steel and Grass type threats such as Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Ferrothorn. Ez pz.

iLlama

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)