Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane / U-Turn / Switcheroo

STAB Boomburst will destroy most things that don't resist Normal. That on top of Specs makes Noivern the strongest Boomburst user (previously held by Chatot) and it now has Scrappy to spam Boomburst without worrying about switch ins against Ghost teams. The unique Dragon/Normal typing removes a Stealth Rock weakness and makes Ice only 2x effective, making Vern more appealing as now it doesn't have to compete with other Dragon/Flying-types.

To balance it a little, I lowered it's Special Attack to be just higher than Chatot's
Why not just do something like Aerialate?

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Reserving Noivern

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Type: Dragon/Normal
Stats: 85/70/80/93 (-4)/80/123
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane / U-Turn / Switcheroo

STAB Boomburst will destroy most things that don't resist Normal. That on top of Specs makes Noivern the strongest Boomburst user (previously held by Chatot) and it now has Scrappy to spam Boomburst without worrying about switch ins against Ghost teams. The unique Dragon/Normal typing removes a Stealth Rock weakness and makes Ice only 2x effective, making Vern more appealing as now it doesn't have to compete with other Dragon/Flying-types.

To balance it a little, I lowered it's Special Attack to be just higher than Chatot's
I already reserved noivern! Its like right after the Dragon Theorymon post by Balor was made

80/100/80/100 (+20)/80/105 (+5)
Flygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe (Change if full special)
Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide / Roost / Bug Buzz

Besides Kyurem-B, dragon doesn't really have a special /mixed wallbreaker and some people like scarf kyurem-b (lol), so this can fit that role. I didn't want to give it too much of a SpA increase because we all know how strong nidoking is and that only has like 85 spa.

Last edited:

Dragon / Fairy
Dragonair @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Toxic

Just a dragonair with the typing it should have had.
Thought this would be a good idea because it's pretty sad that dragon vs dragon comes down to whoever has the scarf latios.
And the fact that dragon gets swept by SS kingdra after rocks on water. And how dragon gets so crippled by status, s/o to mew.
So i thought the fairy typing would be nice, and it fits dragonair well. Magic Bounce to block off rocks and status, making life for DD dragonite MUCH easier, and the crucial and surprising sash mons on dragon more viable. Eviolite b/c it's a dragonair and not a theory evolution, so buffing up def stats is best. Recover for health, and double status to either cripple attackers, or wear down walls. But the other 2 moves are completely up to choice. Spdef so it pairs well with defensive garchomp.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Dragon/Steel + Tough Claws Zygarde

108 / 115 (+15) / 121 / 66 (-15) / 95 / 95
Zygarde (Dragon/Steel) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail
- Outrage
- Earthquake / Extreme Speed / Stone Edge / Superpower

Here's the elephant in the room. On Dragon teams, Zygarde is at best, O.K. It has two options in priority and Ground coverage that can be very helpful for Dragon, if Dragonite and Garchomp didn't already fulfill those rolls. Add in another x4 weak to Ice Pokemon, and you have a second rate option sitting on the bench. However, giving Zygarde access to Steel typing not only make it into another good option for Dragon teams, but provides a Pokemon that is neutral to all 3 of Dragon's weaknesses. It can act as a good Set-Up option and makes matchups that are completely one-sided into fairly ones that are closer to even. Although it has a rather low attack stat and limited movepool options for Steel, adding on 15 more attack points and Tough Claws gives it a larger opportunity for success. Also, who wouldn't want a legal Dragon that can handle Fairy teams?

252+ Atk Tough Claws Zygarde Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 374-444 (94.9 - 112.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Zygarde Outrage vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 177-208 (44.9 - 52.7%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Tough Claws Zygarde Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 178-211 (42 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Zygarde Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 178-211 (42 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Tough Claws Zygarde Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 133-157 (35.5 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Zygarde Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 198-234 (52.9 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Zygarde Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Staraptor: 154-183 (41.1 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Sorry 6ti, I got a brilliant Flygon idea :s

Bug Type Flygon!

Bug
/ Dragon
80/90 (-10)/80/110 (+30)/80/105 (+5) BST: 545

Flygon @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Swarm
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

With this new Flygon buff, you get an extremely frightening Special Wallbreaker with a new Bug type STAB! It also gets a much needed Special Attack increase and small speed buff to get it at a much more preferable speed tier, but without Choice Scarf just barely gets outsped by stuff like Latios and Keldeo. What's really cool about it is it now has a really cool STAB that Dragon can now abuse to further have an edge against Psychic, and a slight one against Dark. All in all, really really cool, I think if this was to be a thing easily it would be A ranked in terms of viability.

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
So, here comes the alpha dragon ::

(Dragon/Normal)
Haxorus @ Lum Berry/Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker/Tough Claws(To over-power it if you want)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake/Taunt
- Extreme Speed
Movesets : Take Dragon Dance out if you want.

Generally in this meta, mono-typed mons suffer the most, namely goodra, druddigon etc. Now, what this haxorus tends to do is to use it's massive attack stat and rather than overlapping roles with dragonite(allowing it to be a wall-breaker with band set or a set-up sweeper) , it just separates itself as a very powerful cleaner with STAB Espeed. Since dragon gets good reliable defoggers, maintaining it's sash won't be that difficult. Or running lum berry is an option to absorb stray will-o-wisps. Also, taunt is an option to completely destroy stall water. Don't worry it isn't that over-powered as skarmory still stops it cold and also by taking DD out of it's move-set we can ensure it isn't beating diancie. But this isn't it's role anyways so it doesn't affect it's effectiveness.

iLlama

Sorry 6ti, I got a brilliant Flygon idea :s

Bug Type Flygon!

Bug
/ Dragon
80/90 (-10)/80/110 (+30)/80/105 (+5) BST: 545

Flygon @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability:
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

With this new Flygon buff, you get an extremely frightening Special Wallbreaker with a new Bug type STAB! It also gets a much needed Special Attack increase and small speed buff to get it at a much more preferable speed tier, but without Choice Scarf just barely gets outsped by stuff like Latios and Keldeo. What's really cool about it is it now has a really cool STAB that Dragon can now abuse to further have an edge against Psychic, and a slight one against Dark. All in all, really really cool, I think if this was to be a thing easily it would be A ranked in terms of viability.
You have no ability.

akaFila

butterscotch love
Hax "R" Us le Steel Dragon

Dragon / Steel
Haxorus @ Focus Sash/Lum Berry
Ability: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Haxorus given the love it deserved from the start. By tacking on the Steel typing and giving it access to STAB Iron Head, you immediately have an answer of sorts for the Fairy match up. Weak Armor sets to both assist and restrain. With already limited bulk, priority moves will always be a threat despite the addition of Steel typing lessening the blow from common priority options(Normal, Ice, Steel).​

Last edited:

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
The winner of this cycle with six votes for his theorymon is Waszap. Congratulations!
Waszap: 6
iLlama: 5
czim: 2
6ti: 1
Dece1t: 1
Kilgrave: 1

The next cycle will be posted shortly.

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Cycle 17: Poison

The type for this cycle of Monotype Theorymon is Poison! For this cycle you will be able to submit ideas about Pokemon ranked B and below. Remember, unranked Pokemon are legal. Check out Monotype Viability Rankings to get a clue of what Pokemon you should submit your ideas for.
You have until Sunday 16/10/2016.

iLlama

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Shell Smash

Why not make Poison annoying and give it a Serene Grace sweeper? Plus, if Huntail and Gorebyss have Shell Smash, so can Qwilfish.

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Weezing @ Leftovers
Type: Poison / Dark
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Stockpile

With this typing and the ability levitate Weezing has absolutely no weakness as Psychic attacks are abosrbed by the dark typing, fighting is resisted by poison and ground is stopped by levitate. Aside from Mold Breaker, Gravity and Kyurem with Earth Power this typing cant be hit for any supereffective damage. This pokemon is also taking care fo Poisons major steel threats in Mega Scizor with Flamethrower. This pokemon cant be to hurt by status as toxic cant affect it and burn is slow damage that can be recovered off with recover. Stockpile increases Weezing's defenses overall making it really annoying to knock out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)