Monotype Ubers - Round 2

approved by Quite Quiet

big thanks to Willdbeast for this sick banner

What would happen if you were allowed to use Ubers pokemon in Monotype? This tournament was created for you to find out. Teams should consist of at least 4 pokemon with at least one matching type that are legal in Monotype, +2 additional Ubers pokemon. You are free to use only 1 or no Ubers pokemon at all, thus giving you the option to use banned items or abilities instead.

Specific Tournament Rules (READ THIS):

• Only 2 banned pokemon/abilities/items are allowed per team!

• Pokemon that are in the Ubers tier but are still allowed to be used in Monotype (e.g. Deoxys-D etc.) do not count as one of your Ubers pokemon, meaning that you are still allowed to take 2 additional Ubers/banned pokemon/items. For instance, a psychic team could look like this: Mega Medicham, Deoxys-D, Victini, Tapu Lele, Bronzong and Unown.
  • Battle Bond or Shadow Tag counts as one of your Ubers pokemon, and so does any banned item (e.g. Terrain Extender). If you use Tapu Lele carrying a Terrain Extender, you already filled your 2 available Ubers slots.
  • None of your Ubers pokemon are allowed to carry Z-Stones.
  • Geomancy is banned, so is Baton Pass.
  • Primal Groudon is not permitted on a Fire team, as it is a pure Ground type on switch-in. Red and Blue Orb are not counted as banned items though, so bringing a Groudon that carries a Red Orb only uses 1 of your 2 Ubers slots.
  • It is not required to post replays as I do not expect you to build a new team every round, but I do expect them to be saved and stored in case of any "player xyz used 3 banned mons blablabla" shenanigans.
  • If you do not save the replay and your opponent claimed that you used an illegal team, I will force you to re-do it.
General Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
  • Best of one, USUM Ubers single elimination tournament.
  • Sign-Ups will last for a few days and the amount of interest will determine how large the tournament will be.
  • If there are still any questions, don't hesitate to PM me
  • Melle2402, Casparov and Chill Shadow are bad lmao
Battle Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause. A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause. A player cannot increase their pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause. Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Species Clause. You cannot use the same Pokemon twice on the same team. For example, you cannot use two Azurills.

Round 2:

Waszap vs Calucha
Seo. vs Chaitanya1.9
double switches vs Casparov
MCVPodge vs hyperbeem
Oppa a.f vs Quantum Tesseract
Nailec vs Willdbeast
GotCookies vs Whitewash
(Jase Duken vs HNBL) vs Level 56
MoneyTree$ vs Melle2402
Avaricity vs MiyoKa
HSOWA vs (DurzaOffTopic vs Its Hatch)
EricSaysHi vs Crashy

thanks chill shadow for tags

Round 2 up till 01/12

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, USUM stuff is legal now

e: dont forget that zcrystals are banned on your ubers mons so by extension ultra necrozma is as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Cam
Calling Activity. I'm open to an extension, but I don't see a reason for one since I was available and on at the time me and my opponent scheduled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)