Resource Monotype Viability Rankings [May 2024]

In the Doc, it seems you missed putting the ice types in, as the normal types are there and everything after them is moved up one space.
1716447708408.png

Though this should be an ice type smh.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In the Doc, it seems you missed putting the ice types in, as the normal types are there and everything after them is moved up one space.
View attachment 634903
Though this should be an ice type smh.
S Rank
Ninetales-Alola
Kyurem

B Rank
Cloyster
Froslass
Mamoswine
Sandslash-Alola
Weavile

C Rank
Avalugg
Glastrier
Frosmoth

D Rank
Articuno
Cetitan
Piloswine

done quickly by me, should be good now ty

Pengairxan

D_RUNNIN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
No S rank Poisons? I'll start work on Amoonguss and Alolan Muk's essays I guess.
Also it lists me saying that Pecharunt should be A for Poison when I said that for Ghost.
And lastly rip Ethereal, Fez is unranked period (get on your own essay you coward) BUT DELPHOX IS RANKED WE'RE SO FUCKING BACK!

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
No S rank Poisons? I'll start work on Amoonguss and Alolan Muk's essays I guess.
Also it lists me saying that Pecharunt should be A for Poison when I said that for Ghost.
And lastly rip Ethereal, Fez is unranked period (get on your own essay you coward) BUT DELPHOX IS RANKED WE'RE SO FUCKING BACK!
Lol I think Poison is in a weird place and mainly with Chien Pao, Baxcalibur, and Ursaluna being the sequence of Pokemon being banned is like the big question we have to reevaluate. Tournament vs Ladder usage is something to account for which is kinda why the rankings can be fluctuating a lot because in actual team tournaments people are going to prep for a range of typings and on ladder its pretty much against randomized 18-typings so the philosophies can be different with such low usage. MPL and the upcoming MLT will be a good way to observe the typing more however

Pengairxan

D_RUNNIN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Alright, y'all knew this was coming. As someone who too many hours and games on this type I need to do the thing.
:Revavroom: UR -> D
I'm just making sure this didn't get missed, same thoughts as last time. I guess all of those remain the same thoughts, just wanted to bring this one up most since its still the least explored and I think it has potential. It just needs a good player to really show this thing off.
Now onto the actual content.
:ss/Toxapex: B -> A
When I said that Toxapex wasn't S, I didn't think it would be thrown to B. Its still has an amazing defensive profile with well, all the good that comes with it. I might of not highlighted that enough but its easily the best Rocky Helmet user of the type since unlike Pecharunt, it has Regenerator to make not running boots more manageable. Its the only good hazer we have since the rest aren't able to stick around as long since they lack the longevity of Pex since their recovery is limited to Sludge + Painsplit, or are Clodsire and struggle to fix Haze into an already incredibly packed moveset. Yes all the problems I did highlight still exist but its also still Toxapex, its still the CEO of Bigstall itself. And its still deserves to be A.
It might even be S, turns out Toxic into Gouging Fire is amazing and I might of been a heathen tempted by TSpikes all this, whoops.

:SV/Muk Alola: A -> S
In shorter news, you aren't dropping without a really good reason. Even with Overqwil being a good mon, Alolan Muk still is a special tank and still finds that utility in helping in Ghost and Psychic matchups where you need it too most. And as one of two mons in Poison with Knock Off that actually wants to run the move/be put on teams, you're not dropping this. This is probably the A Rank that surprised me most.

:SV/Amoonguss:

A -> S

Here I am, my third time now advocating for an S Rank for this amazing ally. Hopefully the last time to, but you never know.

We all know what Amoonguss does for Poison. A Ground neutrality, Spore support, Regen makeout sessions with Toxapex, the basics that been said before and I'm not sure what to add on. Amoonguss finds use in nearly every game it appears in as more than just a sack option. The only Type you truly wish you had a different mon for is Fire and that isn't really Amoonguss's fault, that just Fire being weird and quirky and running Fire attacks on every mon. And even then, it can take a Gouger Fire Earthquake and can threaten with the power of Spore. This then leads every other type has a mon Amoonguss can come in on and do work against. Stuff like Iron Boulder (Psychic) and Alolan Sandslash are nothing more than a good slot for Amoonguss to slide on in and create some havoc in its favor as they're regularly not running STAB to threaten Amoonguss. And once Amoonguss is in, something will be going to sleep no matter what (unless its Steel or Ghost, but even then, a Ghold being forced in to not be slept can be played as an entry into Gengar or Iron Moth getting some nice entry points don't you think?)

There is no alternative, to this mighty mushroom. While there may be reasons to drop it, one type it struggles into immensely isn't good enough for me not to say it isn't S tier.

boomp

Never Give Up
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
:sv/noivern: UR -> B on dragon. Great Role compression in hazard removal + pivoting makes it a decent pick for dragon teams. Its speed tier is nice to just natually take out Iron Valiant + an ground immunity is crucial for Dragon comps right now. I think Noivern Defog its way to B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 3)