Other Metagames Monotype, went 21-2, Jurassic world!

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not on computer so I can't make a real rate, but Mamoswine should be mad speed. I also feel like Swamper should find a slot for sleep talk, probably over Ice Punch, and you should replace Earthqyake with Waterfall (or just run resttalk ice punch).

e: Hippowdon spread should be 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD

e2: On a second glance, your team cannot hit Rotom-W well if Landorus faints, so you can test something to take it on.

Last edited:

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi Raimon, rate time.

Have you considered Scarf > Band on Mamoswine? Details in hide tag.
Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 184 Atk / 172 SpA / 152 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry

This set lets it almost 6-0 Dragon on its own for starters, which is great. You also gain a decent Rotom-W answer which is a threat as Twix said, and a solid answer to Gastrodon (which isn't common in Mono), Seismitoad and Mega Pert as well which aren't as important but are still somewhat hard for you to take down if Seismitoad is overwhelmed. The 152 Speed EVs let you outspeed anything up to +spe base 110s, such as Lati@s. 172 SpA EVs guarantee a 2HKO on Rotom-W after rocks, and hits Slowbro as well which is very annoying for Ground.

Alternatively, if you prefer a more standard Scarf set:
Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Still good for completely destroying Dragon, and a bit more speed is always useful. This is slightly more standard, although scarf mamo isn't /that/ common anyways.

That covers a lot of threats. I think the most room left in your team for change is the Pert set. Maybe something weird like Resttalk Curse and Waterfall, because a) fuck skarm and b) you can always use it to revenge kill weakened stuff and get free momentum.

Gl with your team, don't stop playing just because you went 21-2 lol keep going higher.

Last edited:
Hey Raimon, great team! I love that you were able to make a good Mega Swampert Ground team, something I have not seen been successfully used, so great job on that part. I do have a couple suggestions though that can make your team that much better.

For Swampert, I would probably run a rest talk set instead, and with Waterfall, since not very many pokemon are immune to it, and even with resistance, after some boosts, it'll pack a punch.

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The next thing I would suggest is perhaps running some speed evs on Mmao so you cna creep Adamant Breloom, as well as max base 60s.

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Superpower

This in total gives you a speed stat of 241, which is (obviously) higher than 240/239, while at the same time adding on to it's naturally good bulk.

Otherwise, I am in love with your team bro, I seriously hope this gets added to team showcase, it's exceptional! :)

BTW nice try, your not beating my record of 21-0 :_)

Air Jak

Banned deucer.
Hey Raimon, nice team, looks amazingly offensive and full of hard hitters, but the only thing I'd change would be giving Landorus focus blast, just to easily beat things like ferrothorn and mandibuzz successfully scoring the 2hko on that bird but nice team and amazing record its up to you dude

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power
- Gravity
- Sludge Wave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)