Mood Swings

I'm noticing a lot of pokemon with monstrous offensive stats that will be extremely scary with a + Speed nature.

Physically we have:
Mega Heracross, Kyurem-B, Mega Garchomp, Rampardos, (mega) Tyranitar, Mega Scizor, Haxorus and maybe even Darmanitan to name a few.
Just imagine a couple of them banded, while still having great speed.

Where as specially there is:
Mega Gardevoir, Chandelure, Thundurus-T, Porygon-Z, Mega Blastoise, Magnezone, Glaceon, Heatran, Kyurem, Meloetta, Hydreigon, etc, etc.
Again, just ridiculous speed and power.

Just looking at the pokemon above I got from looking at the top 100 Atk and SpA stat pokemon, I'm noticing a few cool things.

Firstly Magnezone can have speed from Timid and power from Specs at the same time, making it far more effective at its role and leaving very little reason to ever use Magneton over it.

Another thing I noticed is the rise of Ice types.

We all know that Ice is epic offensive typing. Well now lots of previously poor Ice types can really shine. Timid Specs Glaceon is one thing I imagine to be quite strong. I've also listed Kyurem Black and standard Kyurem. Both of these with +Speed nature will be great as well as Mamoswine.
The next thing I'm thinking is Rotom-Frost. With a +Speed nature along side LO or Specs it could finally abuse that epic STAB BoltBeam.
Also there are plenty of Ice type mixed attackers which I'm sure will strive on Trick Room teams.
The most obvious being Mega Abomasnow, with great mixed offenses and strong Priority vs other priority attackers.
In fact, with -Speed natures reducing speed much more now, even things that aren't that slow like Mega Glalie and Kyurem (B) could prove to be terrific mixed attackers in Trick Room. Even Freeze Dry Mamoswine.

Anyway, on the flip side of my first point you could have really fast pokemon running +SpA natures and boosting items to actually deal strong damage.

Modest Specs Electrode retains its great speed while nuking and pivoting around with Volt Switch. Electric Mega Beedrill
+1 252 SpA Choice Specs Electrode Volt Switch vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 140-165 (53.6 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Choice Specs Electrode Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 186-220 (46 - 54.4%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Speaking of Mega Beedrill.
+1 252 Atk Choice Band Ninjask U-turn vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 142-168 (46.8 - 55.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 134-158 (44.2 - 52.1%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Obviously this is standard OU Mega Bee, and Adamant Mega Bee will still out damage Ninjask in this meta. But is it worth it anymore?

Any way I think that is enough for now. Great meta guys :)
Those are some damn impressive calcs, I definitely think its a balanced metagame. On the flip side you can also use Trick room teams with pokemon in the 70s with a speed decreasing nature to outspeed in trick room, Victini for example. In general it gives pokemon who lack a certain stat the ability to gain an edge. I do believe suspect testing certain pokemon might be a thing I'll think about. Especially Mega Slowbro, unchallenged bulk. I just like how almost anything can be speedy, powerful or bulky!

So does this make Foul Play better or worse?

On one hand, you can get way more damage off of Adamant and other natures that boost Atk, while the other hand makes it so Foul Play does less with Modest and Timid.

Same thing applies to confusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)