Rejected More options for /report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to suggest two more options for /report -> "Someone is harrassing me in chatrooms" and/or "Someone is abusing chat features". This could come in useful if there are no staff watching chat or if there's a situation that could require a global instead of just a room staff.

Also something else, is allowing the "I need global staff to help watch a public room" for everyone, not just trusted users? I don't see why it's only for Room Staff to use, to be entirely honest.

Thanks!

This should be addressed by roomstaff, not by a ticket.

What do you mean by this? Most options (usernames, nicknames, statuses) should be covered by other ticket types.
Your first point is valid, however it sort of ties in with the 2nd paragraph of the suggestion I made, being the "I need gstaff to help watch a chat room" - What if there is no room staff? If it shouldn't be addressed by ticket, how are they going to report a user that is potentially spamming slurs, etc? (Granted it's rare, but it certainly happens, and other minor chat infractions). This is why I also suggested for that help ticket option to be available to everyone, not just trusted users. I'm sure you've seen a user once or twice come into another room and ask for a global staff to sort something out, so it could be an option people would use, especially seeing there are helpful users who would definitely use that command. And if it was abused, it could just be handled like any other form of ticket abusing would be dealt with.

As for the second half of the first paragraph, I used and/or since it is just very similar to the first point, but "abusing chat features" would be a more general "Hey. This guy is breaking global rules in Lobby, help, etc."

One final closing point I'd like to make. There are some global staff who aren't in any chatrooms but handle tickets regularly and will join a chat if needed. I doubt anyones EVER that dedicated to go through every single auth with /auth. Having a more accessible /report feature (or allowing the I need a gstaff to watch chat option) would notify those global staff about issues in chats.

Thanks for your response!

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
As for the second half of the first paragraph, I used and/or since it is just very similar to the first point, but "abusing chat features" would be a more general "Hey. This guy is breaking global rules in Lobby, help, etc."
I don't quite follow how this is different - seems it should also be a roomstaff issue. Worst case, they can tag another global staff member. A whole new ticket type feels very excessive for something largely covered by other things.

Re: public room assistance tickets - We prefer for this to remain for room-staff only as they would be able to contact other room staff on Discord and make tickets when they deem necessary, whereas regs don't necessarily have the same discretion. Worst case, they can make an "other" ticket.

I'm gonna be closing this now since I believe the things listed here are covered by other ticket types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)