-Super Fang
-Taunt
-Thunder Punch
-Thunder Wave
-Volt Switch
-Wild Charge

New Ability:
Hunger Switch
- Switches between Full Belly Mode and Hangry Mode at the end of each turn. (The only notable difference between each form is what type Aura Wheel is.)

New Attack:
Aura Wheel
Type
:

BP: 110
Accuracy: 100
PP: 10
Effect: Raises user's Speed by 1 stage. If the user is in Hangry Mode, it becomes a Dark-type attack instead.

Pros:
  • Surprisingly large and diverse movepool with many different attacking options to choose from.
  • Decent Base 95 Attack and 97 Speed.
  • Solid coverage options in Seed Bomb, Fire Fang, and Psychic Fangs to counter 3 of its weaknesses.
  • Access to additional utility moves in Fake Out, Super Fang, Rapid Spin, Taunt, Thunder Wave, and Parting Shot.
  • Psychic immunity and resistances to Electric, Flying, and Ghost.

Cons:
  • Absolutely horrible defenses and HP, with Base 58 in each stat.
  • Electric/Dark isn't a particularly good type combination in a metagame where Hawlucha and Excadrill are all over the place.
  • Lack of ways to boost Attack makes it very difficult to sweep, even with Aura Wheel boosting Speed.
  • Outside of changing Aura Wheel's typing, Hunger Switch provides no benefits whatsoever.

Dynamaxing Potential:
  • Can summon 3 different types of terrain with Max Lightning, Max Mindstorm, and Max Overgrowth... I guess that counts for something?
  • Let's face it: it's not worth wasting your Dynamax on this thing. If you have to Dynamax a Morpeko in any OU match, you're probably about to lose.

Potential Movesets:
Morpeko @ Focus Sash
Ability: Hunger Switch
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Crunch / Thunder Punch
- Super Fang
- Taunt

I need something to start this off, so here you go. I've played around with a variant of this in Doubles, and it's probably the best Morpeko can do in Singles as well. Fake Out can break Sturdy and Sash, Super Fang and Taunt can both be used against Stall teams, and Crunch or Thunder Punch give you a STAB attack you can use.

Realistically, Morpeko is about as logical a choice for an OU team as putting a male Salandit on your in-game team in the Alola games. It's unbelievably adorable even in its Hangry Mode, and I've wanted an Electric/Dark Pokemon for about 15 years now, but between awful base stats, a typing that doesn't work well in the current metagame, and an Ability that's generally useless, I can't recommend using it. It may be somewhat usable in Doubles as a support Pokemon, but for Singles, I'd say give it a hard pass.

Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV's: (HP 252) (Atk 252) (Spd 4)
Aura Wheel (Boosts speed, so no need for speed EV's)
Crunch (STAB for when Aura Wheel is currently Electric)
Thunder Punch (STAB for when Aura Wheel is currently Dark)
Brick Break (Coverage, and boosts phys. attack in dynamax form)

Morpeko is a funny little lad. Electric/Dark is actually good offensive type coverage, and his move Aura Wheel is actually very good but can be clunky to use due to its alternating type. Running it and other Electric or Dark attacks on the same set feels like a waste too... I think it might eventually take up Protect on sets that use Aura Wheel, so that way if you're in an unfavourable matchup, you can Protect and let your Aura Wheel change type and hit them the next turn.

Morpeko @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aura Wheel
- Protect
- Parting Shot
- Anything really

Something like that. Morpeko would improve tremendously if it had something like Swords Dance, as the speed boost from Aura Wheel could facilitate a sweep quite nicely, but as it is right now Morpeko is just a gimmicky waste of potential.

We have a Pokémon that has defenses nearly on par with the mighty Deoxys... but with much lower offensive stats, and a similarly useless ability.

That being said, with its decent Speed stat and huge movepool it's got okay supporting options. Oddly, despite it being a Pikaclone, it does not get Nuzzle.

Morpeko @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Aura Wheel
- Crunch
- Thunder Punch
- Parting Shot

Aura Wheel's Speed boosting effect means it can forgo a Jolly nature and hit moderately hard (a Jolly nature would only be useful to Parting Shot an Excadrill). Since Ground-types are a no go regardless of what happens, being outsped won't change anything, as it will switch out anyways.

A hit-and-run attacker seems to be a fine role for it. Electric/Dark has only a few resists that are present in the Galar dex, and with its questionable power, I guess there's no much use in trying to deal super-effective damage.

Yo yall trippin the real set is the one blunder just used, Banded. Especially when this beasty graces RU or something, it will be the best set of this thing man.

Morpeko @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Aura Wheel
- Wild Charge
- Fire Fang
- Crunch
Yeah, I saw his video yesterday. If you can get rid of the Ground-types without Dynamaxing ahead of time, this could be a decent cleanup sweeper. Brick Break could work too so you can boost your attack with Max Knuckle.

Apologies for the DP, but it turns out Choice Band + Aura Wheel (sometimes) works after all.

On the other hand, the fact that my rating was in the low 1100s should give you an idea of how difficult it can be to actually pull it off consistently. It took about 10 battles before I got a chance to successfully pull it off, I lost the majority of those battles while looking for the chance to do so, and the few battles I did win during that time weren't because of Morpeko itself.

No offense to the person I did this match against, but it honestly almost felt as though either he didn't know about what BandWheel did or was just handing me this win, since after reviewing the replay, he made a lot of mistakes when playing against it. To be fair, I didn't expect to nearly one-shot his Toxapex or instantly nuke his Galarian Darmanitan while Burned (or for his Excadrill to get a lucky miss after my Dynamax ended), but he could have had me dead to rights if his Excadrill had used Earthquake right off the bat, or if he had played around my Hunger Switches better. And considering that, I don't think this set would be winning tournaments. It was fun to try out, though.

In case you're wondering, here's the set I used:
Morpeko @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aura Wheel
- Fire Fang
- Brick Break
- Crunch

Brick Break is there so you can use Max Knuckle when Dynamaxed to boost your Attack.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Morpeko @ Metronome
Jolly Nature
- Aura Wheel
- Rapid Spin
- Parting Shot
- Stomping Tantrum

Ok so I wouldn't say this set is good, but god it's hilarious to play. Makes for a fun pivot that can at some point get on Ferro or Aegislash and start spamming Aura Wheel until stuff dies. Stomping Tantrum to hit Excadrills that would want to come on the electric turns of Aura Wheel, Rapid Spin and Parting Shot just make for nice role compaction. Just be weary of status though, maybe try to get a normal poison off Toxapex early on to be sure not to die.

Matleo

Banned deucer.
Dynamax and Brick Break rises its attack stats.
If paired with the right berry or leftovers together...
and moves to cast terrains...
With Tailwind support or on a trick room against faster oponents.

Weird that didn't get that berry restoring move.

Hunger Switch only changes types but doesnt cause any berry consumption... what a wasted opporunity here...

-Fake Out / Fling
-Parting shot/Volt Switch
-Superfang/Substitute
-Aura Wheel

Fakeout/fling with Partying shot gives you a attack and retreat option.

It has sleep talk, rest, snore and snarl? Trash and Outrage? could be a hard hitter if used right.

Fling , Parting shot, Volt switch get stab, electric needs to worry about ground types but dark against ghost coverage is pretty nice.

Can't belive it didn't get Belch, Dig or Feint taking its a rodent and its sneake dual side nature?

Last edited:
Snickers (Morpeko) (M) @ Black Glasses / Focus Sash /Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Rapid Spin
- Parting Shot
- Taunt

Kind of sad that it has such pathetic bulk, this could work as a good support mon, removing hazards, pivoting with Parting Shot and use Foul Play to better deal with physical attacker

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Also, for the record, Aura Wheel remains as Max Lightning when Morpeko is Dynamaxed, even in Hangry mode.
This is false. Morpeko will change formes every turn even while Dynamaxed, and its Max Move based on Aura Wheel really changes its typing each turn from Max Lightning to Max Darkness, etc.

MORPEKO
/

Base Stats: 58 HP / 95 Attack / 58 Defense / 70 Sp. Atk / 58 Sp. Def / 97 Speed
Abilities: Hunger Switch

Notable Moves:
-- | Thunder Shock
-- | Tail Whip
05 | Leer
10 | Power Trip
15 | Quick Attack
20 | Flatter
25 | Bite
30 | Spark
35 | Torment
40 | Agility
45 | Bullet Seed
50 | Crunch
55 | Aura Wheel
60 | Thrash
05 | Thunder Punch
14 | Thunder Wave
21 | Rest
23 | Thief
24 | Snore
25 | Protect
26 | Scary Face
31 | Attract
39 | Facade
40 | Swift
42 | Revenge
43 | Brick Break
47 | Fake Tears
50 | Bullet Seed
57 | Payback
58 | Assurance
59 | Fling
66 | Thunder Fang
67 | Ice Fang
68 | Fire Fang
76 | Round
80 | Volt Switch
82 | Electroweb
85 | Snarl
90 | Electric Terrain
98 | Stomping Tantrum
08 | Thunderbolt
09 | Thunder
12 | Agility
20 | Substitute
24 | Outrage
26 | Endure
27 | Sleep Talk
32 | Crunch
35 | Uproar
37 | Taunt
58 | Dark Pulse
59 | Seed Bomb
68 | Nasty Plot
80 | Electro Ball
81 | Foul Play
86 | Wild Charge
97 | Psychic Fangs
Swagger
Super Fang
Charge
Tickle
Rapid Spin
Quash
Parting Shot
Fake Out

-Agility
-Aura Wheel
-Crunch
-Fake Out
-Fire Fang
-Ice Fang
-Outrage
-Parting Shot
-Psychic Fangs
-Rapid Spin
-Seed Bomb
-Stomping Tantrum
-Super Fang
-Taunt
-Thunder Punch
-Thunder Wave
-Volt Switch
-Wild Charge

New Ability:
Hunger Switch
- Switches between Full Belly Mode and Hangry Mode at the end of each turn. (The only notable difference between each form is what type Aura Wheel is.)

New Attack:
Aura Wheel
Type
:

Effect: Raises user's Speed by 1 stage. If the user is in Hangry Mode, it becomes a Dark-type attack instead.

Pros:
  • Surprisingly large and diverse movepool with many different attacking options to choose from.
  • Solid coverage options in Seed Bomb, Fire Fang, and Psychic Fangs to counter 3 of its weaknesses.
  • Access to additional utility moves in Fake Out, Super Fang, Rapid Spin, Taunt, Thunder Wave, and Parting Shot.

Cons:
  • Electric/Dark isn't a particularly good type combination in a metagame where Hawlucha and Excadrill are all over the place.
  • Lack of ways to boost Attack makes it very difficult to sweep, even with Aura Wheel boosting Speed.
  • Outside of changing Aura Wheel's typing, Hunger Switch provides no benefits whatsoever.

Dynamaxing Potential:
  • Can summon 3 different types of terrain with Max Lightning, Max Mindstorm, and Max Overgrowth... I guess that counts for something?
  • Let's face it: it's not worth wasting your Dynamax on this thing. If you have to Dynamax a Morpeko in any OU match, you're probably about to lose.

Potential Movesets:
Morpeko @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Crunch / Thunder Punch
- Super Fang
- Taunt

I need something to start this off, so here you go. I've played around with a variant of this in Doubles, and it's probably the best Morpeko can do in Singles as well. Fake Out can break Sturdy and Sash, Super Fang and Taunt can both be used against Stall teams, and Crunch or Thunder Punch give you a STAB

MORPEKO
/

Base Stats: 58 HP / 95 Attack / 58 Defense / 70 Sp. Atk / 58 Sp. Def / 97 Speed
Abilities: Hunger Switch

Notable Moves:
-- | Thunder Shock
-- | Tail Whip
05 | Leer
10 | Power Trip
15 | Quick Attack
20 | Flatter
25 | Bite
30 | Spark
35 | Torment
40 | Agility
45 | Bullet Seed
50 | Crunch
55 | Aura Wheel
60 | Thrash
05 | Thunder Punch
14 | Thunder Wave
21 | Rest
23 | Thief
24 | Snore
25 | Protect
26 | Scary Face
31 | Attract
39 | Facade
40 | Swift
42 | Revenge
43 | Brick Break
47 | Fake Tears
50 | Bullet Seed
57 | Payback
58 | Assurance
59 | Fling
66 | Thunder Fang
67 | Ice Fang
68 | Fire Fang
76 | Round
80 | Volt Switch
82 | Electroweb
85 | Snarl
90 | Electric Terrain
98 | Stomping Tantrum
08 | Thunderbolt
09 | Thunder
12 | Agility
20 | Substitute
24 | Outrage
26 | Endure
27 | Sleep Talk
32 | Crunch
35 | Uproar
37 | Taunt
58 | Dark Pulse
59 | Seed Bomb
68 | Nasty Plot
80 | Electro Ball
81 | Foul Play
86 | Wild Charge
97 | Psychic Fangs
Swagger
Super Fang
Charge
Tickle
Rapid Spin
Quash
Parting Shot
Fake Out

-Agility
-Aura Wheel
-Crunch
-Fake Out
-Fire Fang
-Ice Fang
-Outrage
-Parting Shot
-Psychic Fangs
-Rapid Spin
-Seed Bomb
-Stomping Tantrum
-Super Fang
-Taunt
-Thunder Punch
-Thunder Wave
-Volt Switch
-Wild Charge

New Ability:
Hunger Switch

New Attack:
Aura Wheel
Type
:

Pros:

Cons:

Dynamaxing Potential:

Potential Movesets:
Morpeko @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Crunch / Thunder Punch
- Super Fang
- Taunt

I need something to start this off, so here you go. I've played around with a variant of this in Doubles, and it's probably the best Morpeko can do in Singles as well. Fake Out can break Sturdy and Sash, Super Fang and Taunt can both be used against Stall teams, and Crunch or Thunder Punch give you a STAB attack you can use.

Realistically, Morpeko is about as logical a choice for an OU team as putting a male Salandit on your in-game team in the Alola games. It's unbelievably adorable even in its Hangry Mode, and I've wanted an Electric/Dark Pokemon for about 15 years now, but between awful base stats, a typing that doesn't work well in the current metagame, and an Ability that's generally useless, I can't recommend using it. It may be somewhat usable in Doubles as a support Pokemon, but for Singles, I'd say give it a hard pass.
Mine knows:
Foul play (for when aura wheel is electric)
Thunderbolt (for when aura is dark)
Ice fang ( to cover it's two weaknesses and for flinch freeze)
Aura wheel ( to win)
What I meant by to weaknesses is grass and ground since electric attacks aren't very effective against grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)