Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I've made the first 12 Elm calls in order to make entirely sure I'm on the right seed, and they all match.

And no, I'm playing HeartGold so I don't have a sweet scenter but I am in the grass.

This is the line that JavaRNG gave me:
(DOCILE, ability 1) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: fb100958 Frame: 27) HP DARK 70

In the main RNG Reporter screen, I've entered my seed as fb100958 (the one I've been trying to hit), the max results to 27, and set to Method K.

Frame 24, however, is what RNG Reporter says that I'll get this Docile Flawless Pokemon. Does this mean I just need to advance the frame to 24 and then capture the Pokemon?

So since I made 12 calls, I'm at Frame 13. So I need to make 11 more calls to get to Frame 24, then capture?
Heartgold gets sweet scenters too, so I don't get the relevance of posting the game.

You are going to need one otherwise you could skip over your frame completely. Walking/turning in wild Pokemon areas causes 1 frame advancement. (Meaning grass, and places that randoms could pop up)
So without Sweet Scent you could walk around for ever skipping frames left and right and not hit anything you want.

In my defense, the tutorial video was of him battling a stationary Suicine. Nowhere did it mention Sweet Scenters.
I was under the impression that Sweet Scent didn't have an effect outside of battle in the remakes.
I never really played much of the DPPt, to be honest... I pretty much went from 2nd Gen to the 2nd Gen remakes. "/

Well. Easily fixed. I'll just breed an Oddish to level 5.
I assume my seed should be easily hit now that PikaTimer is set... hopefully...

edit;
Alright.

JavaRNG said to that, using Method K, the Seed FB100958 would yield a Docile Flawless at Frame 27.
When generating the frames for seed FB100958 using Method K, no such frame appears. In fact, there is no Flawless frame in that seed less then 10,000.

RNG Reporter's Seed Finger says FB100958 has a Docile Flawless on Frame 24 with Method 1.
I make 23 calls to Prof. Elm, all of them matching the frames predicted under Method 1.
Except the Pokemon I sweet scent comes out as Sassy with less then flawless IVs. I didn't calculate them exactly.

So why does Method K not yield the results JavaRNG predicted?
Why do the Method 1 calls match, but not the Pokemon results?

I'm not exactly too sure what to do at this point beyond trying a different seed... "/

In my defense, the tutorial video was of him battling a stationary Suicine. Nowhere did it mention Sweet Scenters.
I was under the impression that Sweet Scent didn't have an effect outside of battle in the remakes.
I never really played much of the DPPt, to be honest... I pretty much went from 2nd Gen to the 2nd Gen remakes. "/

Well. Easily fixed. I'll just breed an Oddish to level 5.
I assume my seed should be easily hit now that PikaTimer is set... hopefully...

edit; Sweet Scenter obtained. I'm setting RNG Reporter to Method K, and generating the seed I'm in (FB100958). However, JavaRNG said Frame 27 should be what I'm going for. But nothing matches that. In fact, searching for max IVs gives me a big whopping nothing. "/
Sweet scent makes a wild Pokemon appear.

The reason why is cuz you're going to need a docile synchronize Pokemon in the first slot of your party for that spread to come up.

So get one, and under method will be Synch Nature, change that to Docile, the hexflawless spread will appear.

I editted that previous post. I made some mistakes earlier, but I don't think it should change anything from what you suggested.

I just checked and Synch Nature does produce Docile Flawless.
Actually, it produces quite a bit...
One at Frame 3, 17, 19, 21, and 23. Damn.
So I can pretty much just choose any of those and so long as I have a Docile pokemon with the Synchronize ability in the first slot, it'll come out as Docile Flawless?

Well, glad to see those dittos I captured of every nature will serve a greater purpose...
Unfortunately, this means hitting this seed for the 4th time... >_>

As I stated in my previous post. You need a synchronizer.

Ralts, mew, etc... With a nature of Docile. Put them in the first party slot. When in RNG reporter, right under the method drop down box. There is a box that has a bunch of natures, that shows all the synch natures, choose docile. It will show you the hexflawless spread.

Method 1 is for wondercards, gift Pokemon. Things that can't be affected by a synchronizer.

Method K is for HGSS.

Method J is DPPt,

Method 5 is 5th gen. etc.

You will be using Method K for almost all abuses in HGSS. Besides breeds.

Something strange is going on :/

Ok, so I'm in the latest RNG Reporter. I went to Time Finder > 4th/5th Gen. Shiny Egg finder. I selected HGSS for breeding type. I put in the year, min/max delay (Note that I put max as 1000) and max frame. Then I selected the nature I wanted and the correct gender ration, and my ID/SID. Then I generated and got seeds. When I highlighted a seed, right clicked, and went on "Generate more times..." it said "This seed is invalid, please verify that you have entered it correctly and try again." I pressed ok and the seed to time thing came up. I selected HGSS and generated. It said the delay was 2587, and I put the max at 1000. I can hit that delay, but I'm just confused as to why the delay is that high.

Also, I tried pasting the seed into the main window of RNG Reporter, making the method "Breeding HGSS", and going to 4th Gen. Tools and picking Seed To Time and the same delay came up (But I didn't get that message).

Ok, so I'm in the latest RNG Reporter. I went to Time Finder > 4th/5th Gen. Shiny Egg finder. I selected HGSS for breeding type. I put in the year, min/max delay (Note that I put max as 1000) and max frame. Then I selected the nature I wanted and the correct gender ration, and my ID/SID. Then I generated and got seeds. When I highlighted a seed, right clicked, and went on "Generate more times..." it said "This seed is invalid, please verify that you have entered it correctly and try again." I pressed ok and the seed to time thing came up. I selected HGSS and generated. It said the delay was 2587, and I put the max at 1000. I can hit that delay, but I'm just confused as to why the delay is that high.

Also, I tried pasting the seed into the main window of RNG Reporter, making the method "Breeding HGSS", and going to 4th Gen. Tools and picking Seed To Time and the same delay came up (But I didn't get that message).
Latest RNG reporter has screwed egg delays...

As I stated in my previous post. You need a synchronizer.

Ralts, mew, etc... With a nature of Docile. Put them in the first party slot. When in RNG reporter, right under the method drop down box. There is a box that has a bunch of natures, that shows all the synch natures, choose docile. It will show you the hexflawless spread.

Method 1 is for wondercards, gift Pokemon. Things that can't be affected by a synchronizer.

Method K is for HGSS.

Method J is DPPt,

Method 5 is 5th gen. etc.

You will be using Method K for almost all abuses in HGSS. Besides breeds.
Yeah, I did this and it worked fine. I was able to get a few frames that'd give a docile hexflawless spread.

I made the first 12 Elm Calls, all matched, so at this point I should be on Frame 13. I then switched the Docile Synch Abra to the starter spot which, I'm assuming, causes the frame to advance by 1 because the pokemon I caught matches Frame 14 perfectly - nature and IV spread. So, in some sense... this test was successful... there's a silver lining here somewhere...

I assumed that catching a Pokemon would just advance me to Frame 15, so I called Elm and sure enough it matched. Frame 16 was also supposed to be a Docile hexflawless, so I captured that one too. It didn't match any other frame and the calls stopped matching.

I'm assuming capturing a Pokemon changes something and I just happened to match the next Elm Call based on chance? And does switching Pokemon really increase the Frame by 1, or was it something else I did?

If that's the only error I made, I should be finally good to proceed. (:

As King said, 4th gen eggs are messed up currently, it'd be best to use an older version of RNG reporter.

Yeah, I did this and it worked fine. I was able to get a few frames that'd give a docile hexflawless spread.

I made the first 12 Elm Calls, all matched, so at this point I should be on Frame 13. I then switched the Docile Synch Abra to the starter spot which, I'm assuming, causes the frame to advance by 1 because the pokemon I caught matches Frame 14 perfectly - nature and IV spread. So, in some sense... this test was successful... there's a silver lining here somewhere...

I assumed that catching a Pokemon would just advance me to Frame 15, so I called Elm and sure enough it matched. Frame 16 was also supposed to be a Docile hexflawless, so I captured that one too. It didn't match any other frame and the calls stopped matching.

I'm assuming capturing a Pokemon changes something and I just happened to match the next Elm Call based on chance? And does switching Pokemon really increase the Frame by 1, or was it something else I did?

If that's the only error I made, I should be finally good to proceed. (:
Moving a Pokemon to any slot doesn't advance the frame. Sweet scent advances the frame. Either by 2 or 1. But it stays that number always. So apparently your's advances by 1.

When you catch a Pokemon, there is a bit called Occidentary in RNG reporter. That means what that spread will be on for method 1 (?) or something along those lines, and after you capture that spread, it will jump to that frame. So if the occidentary was say, 150. You'd be at 150 or 156. Just don't bother with it. Simply put, you can only abuse that spread once per reset.

Everything else seems fine. Good job. :)

Yeah, I just figured out it was Sweet Scent. UNFORTUNATELY, the Pokemon I captured was a level 20 Larvitar... so I can't figure out it's exact IV spread since I only have 4 rare candies and I'm not about to run a marathon outside the daycare center to find out. :P

I typed in it's stats to MetalKid's IV calc and it has a possible 31 in every stat, as well as a SpD 31 confirmed, so I'm assuming it's legit. (:

Is there anyway to know what Pokemon you'll get on that Frame, because it seems to be the same one every single time. I noticed that every time I got Frame 14, I noticed it was a level 51 Male Golbat every single time. Like, is there an index of all the PIDs or something? Cause if I want a flawless ditto, I'd prefer not to have to guess and check every single frame, ya know?

On an somewhat unrelated note, does anyone want this Docile Flawless Larvitar...? Probably not but I'm just throwing it out there. xD

Ohh thanks. Is there anywhere that has the downloads for the older versions? :/

@Katastrophe: On RNG Reporter's main window, once you have the seed pasted, the correct method and sync nature selected, and your ID/SID typed in, and you hit generate. You'll get frames (I'm sure you already got that part down). There should be a column that says "Encounter Slot". The Encounter slot number will tell you what pokemon you'll find in the wild.

Go up to 4th gen. tools, and go to the bottom. It should say "Game version Encounter table." Click the one for your game version and you'll get tables with numbers 0-11. Find the place you're RNGing and there will be a table with the possible pokemon listed. So, for example, if I was RNGing at Mt. Mortar on SS and for frame 11, the encounter slot number was 0, I would get a Zubat in the wild. I hope that made sense. :]

I'm not seeing an Encounter Slot column... "/

I think I actually AM running an older version of RNG Reporter, maybe. It says 8.31.
I'm running a Mac, fyi.

So if 8.31 is an older version Princess, go here and download this one.

Does 8.31 not have the "Encounter Slot"?

I'm not seeing an Encounter Slot column... "/

I think I actually AM running an older version of RNG Reporter, maybe. It says 8.31.
I'm running a Mac, fyi.

So if 8.31 is an older version Princess, go here and download this one.

Does 8.31 not have the "Encounter Slot"?
Ohh, that's why. For older versions, you have to right click the frame and go on "Calcuate encounter slots".

Thanks for the link :]

Aha! Got it! Thanks so much, everyone!
Now to get that ditto and I can take a shot at breeding... tomorrow.
Oh, and you're welcome. I guess it pays that no one bothers to update the Mac version... xD

btw, Ohio rules. js.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So, I'm using PikaTimer for 4th gen abuse, but every time I do, I have to add 0,5 sec to the first timer, and have an Other Delay of -14. Using standard calibrated delay and sec, 480 and 14. I think I have to edit something in there?

So, I'm using PikaTimer for 4th gen abuse, but every time I do, I have to add 0,5 sec to the first timer, and have an Other Delay of -14. Using standard calibrated delay and sec, 480 and 14. I think I have to edit something in there?
Use ZomgTimer.

I have succesfully caught several pokemon (Staryu+Gastly in HG and Gible+almost all the stationary pokemon in Platinum) in Gen IV already but this one is giving me some hard time. I'm trying to catch Scyther from Platinum on Route 215. I have stopped (and battled) the one WNPC with VS Seeker and here is my seed

PID: A777C735 (Adamant, ability 1), IVs: 31/31/31/17/31/31, seed: C20B0AF4, delay: 2793 (year: 2011), method 1: 41, J (synch): 16, J (no synch): 22, HP: Dark 59

I only changed the year to 2010 so the delay becomes even. So this is what I'm actually trying to hit

date 2010-06-24
time 11:45:05
delay 2794

I use EonTimer with these settings

Calibrated delay 555
Calibrated sec 14
Target delay 2794
Target sec 5

And I change the time of my DS to 11:04 at the same time I press start on EonTimer (EonTimer says minutes before target 1). Then I just start the game when the timer reaches zero for the first time and press Continue when the timer reaches zero the second time. I do 10 coinflips immediately and use RNG Reporters Search Flips function (with -+ 99 delay, -+1 seconds), but all I get is "No match was found for your flips". Before this I have always gotten some kind of a delay to update the EonTimer with and I have been able to hit big delays as well (9132 for example). Here are the two most recent coinflip combos if they do any good.

H T T T T
H T H H H

H H T H H
T H T H H

Any help would be highly appreciated. :)

I have a simple question about HGSS breeding.

I never thought about this before, but when RNGing the shinyness of eggs, how come calling Elm doesn't advance the frame? Like, I have a seed that's frame 1, but when I call Elm to verify the seed, wouldn't I pass up frame 1?

I have a simple question about HGSS breeding.

I never thought about this before, but when RNGing the shinyness of eggs, how come calling Elm doesn't advance the frame? Like, I have a seed that's frame 1, but when I call Elm to verify the seed, wouldn't I pass up frame 1?
It's the PID that you're advancing with Joey, and Elm is the eggs. Since Egg Generation is taken at two different times and memory locations. PID is generated when the egg is, and IV's are when it's picked up. Elm call is just frame advancing for IV's, since most IV's have a linked PID.

Joey advances the PID, so that's why he is used for the shininess, as I said above, since most IV's are tied to a PID advancing either in anything other than breeding will advance the IV and PID. But when it comes to breeding Joey always does PID OR IV, just never at the same time, for breeding any ways. While Elm is stuck to just IV's.

It's the PID that you're advancing with Joey, and Elm is the eggs. Since Egg Generation is taken at two different times and memory locations. PID is generated when the egg is, and IV's are when it's picked up. Elm call is just frame advancing for IV's, since most IV's have a linked PID.

Joey advances the PID, so that's why he is used for the shininess, as I said above, since most IV's are tied to a PID advancing either in anything other than breeding will advance the IV and PID. But when it comes to breeding Joey always does PID OR IV, just never at the same time, for breeding any ways. While Elm is stuck to just IV's.
Oh, I see. So it's kind of like G5 where there's a PID RNG and IV RNG, except it's just for breeding. Thank goodness the starting frame is always 1.

Thank you :)

Oh, I see. So it's kind of like G5 where there's a PID RNG and IV RNG, except it's just for breeding. Thank goodness the starting frame is always 1.

Thank you :)
Well, yeah I suppose. All you really need to worry about is Joey advances the shinies and IV's after the egg is already ready to be picked up. Elm just advances the IV's after the egg is generated.

I have succesfully caught several pokemon (Staryu+Gastly in HG and Gible+almost all the stationary pokemon in Platinum) in Gen IV already but this one is giving me some hard time. I'm trying to catch Scyther from Platinum on Route 215. I have stopped (and battled) the one WNPC with VS Seeker and here is my seed

PID: A777C735 (Adamant, ability 1), IVs: 31/31/31/17/31/31, seed: C20B0AF4, delay: 2793 (year: 2011), method 1: 41, J (synch): 16, J (no synch): 22, HP: Dark 59

I only changed the year to 2010 so the delay becomes even. So this is what I'm actually trying to hit

date 2010-06-24
time 11:45:05
delay 2794

I use EonTimer with these settings

Calibrated delay 555
Calibrated sec 14
Target delay 2794
Target sec 5

And I change the time of my DS to 11:04 at the same time I press start on EonTimer (EonTimer says minutes before target 1). Then I just start the game when the timer reaches zero for the first time and press Continue when the timer reaches zero the second time. I do 10 coinflips immediately and use RNG Reporters Search Flips function (with -+ 99 delay, -+1 seconds), but all I get is "No match was found for your flips". Before this I have always gotten some kind of a delay to update the EonTimer with and I have been able to hit big delays as well (9132 for example). Here are the two most recent coinflip combos if they do any good.

H T T T T
H T H H H

H H T H H
T H T H H

Any help would be highly appreciated. :)
I'm hoping you're starting at 11:44:00 and not 11:04:00 as you stated. That could be the reason you are getting no matches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)