Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Is there any other reason the having the wrong date, that it would say I have the incorrect date?
You can hit your seed at different dates as long as you change the time a bit and also I think there is, from my experience I hit certain delays more often on certain days, that might help you hit your seed on your first try, there wasn't much research, if any, done by others, so I can not be sure if it is just me.

Nice guide Chamomy! I'll be waiting for the HGSS guide though. :)

Just a quick question here guys. I'm trying to capture a flawless adamant scyther at route 210 just above the cafe... the tall grass ones, but I attracted a ponyta instead. My seed is 390f02b8, frame 888 which has a sweet scent encounter slot 2. I checked the coin flip and I did hit my seed and delay .Am I doing something wrong? Is there an NPC that can mess up with my frame? I'm also using an adamant synchronizer on my first slot, by the way.

In Diamond, do you need the National pokedex first to get the Slot pokemon? I've been trying to RNG a Gligar and whenever I hit the delay and do the correct advancements the pokemon with the same slots (8/9) show up instead of Gligar. There is nothing wrong with my Emerald cart btw since I've RNGed a lot of slot pokes on my Platinum. Any thoughts?
You can't find Gligar unless you have the National Dex, so yes you would need it to RNG Gligar.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is there any other reason the having the wrong date, that it would say I have the incorrect date?
High delay (did you waste a LOT of time getting into the game ... > 7 or 8 seconds longer than it should have taken you).

High frame (did you spend a LOT of time in game in an area where the frame advances ... like 3 or 4 minutes).

Other than those cases, nope.

You've been able to since a few releases ago.

hm...I'm looking in the wrong area then, where do you enter in your elm responses to find your seed? all I can find is the elm responses for a given seed, not a way to check for seed on elm responses.

hm...I'm looking in the wrong area then, where do you enter in your elm responses to find your seed? all I can find is the elm responses for a given seed, not a way to check for seed on elm responses.
You use the seed to time.
Click on it with your seed in the clipboard, click HG/SS, enter in your seconds and the year, generate, highlight your date and time, click the second generate and now you can search responses.
EDIT: If you want it to search only one delay (Even or odd then click odd / even should match the seeds delay)
Or you could lower or increase the delay range.

You use the seed to time.
Click on it with your seed in the clipboard, click HG/SS, enter in your seconds and the year, generate, highlight your date and time, click the second generate and now you can search responses.
EDIT: If you want it to search only one delay (Even or odd then click odd / even should match the seeds delay)
Or you could lower or increase the delay range.

er, sorry, misread with first post....I will give that a try now, thanks

question: do I need to know my seed hex to start with, or no? I have a half-baked idea I want to try that involves not having to catch a pokemon to verify my seed and only using elm calls to find out what seed I landed on.

So, in DPPt when you find the PID that you want on an Egg, you can do 'Calculate Poketch Taps', but in HGSS, where do I go to calculate how many advances (i.e. Calls/Radio) to get the egg?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So, in DPPt when you find the PID that you want on an Egg, you can do 'Calculate Poketch Taps', but in HGSS, where do I go to calculate how many advances (i.e. Calls/Radio) to get the egg?
calls/radio advancements do not advance the IRNG, you have to accept or reject eggs to advance it so for example if your egg is on frame 6 accept or reject the first 5 then the 6th should have the nature/ability you want

@Jerry07

No dude. What I'm talking about is captured shinies, not breeding. I can breed shinies in less than an hour. What I'm trying to do is the capture tab from the time finder. I want to try how to catch a shiny pokemon. Sorry for the confusion. How long does this usually take to get a result? Especially if the IVs are flawless?
don't ever use the built in function. It takes hours. Instead, use Wichu's PokeRNG, it gives you what you are looking for in 2 minutes, but yeah if you haven't ID/SID abused then chances are that you won't have many usable shiny spreads

I am trying to get a shiny articuno in soul silver and I am having a weird problem

seed: b31501f8

target frame: 16

Delay: 494

I verified with elms responses and got KKPKKKKKKK which is correct according to rng reporter.

I called professor elm 15 times (I included the verification calls in this count)

when I caught my articuno it was not shiny. When I checked its frame I found that it was 8 frames earlier then my target (frame 8 instead of frame 16)

this has happened more then once.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Oh, never mind. I just realized that my first pokemon knows syncronize, thats my problem

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I am trying to get a shiny articuno in soul silver and I am having a weird problem

seed: b31501f8

target frame: 16

Delay: 494

I verified with elms responses and got KKPKKKKKKK which is correct according to rng reporter.

I called professor elm 15 times (I included the verification calls in this count)

when I caught my articuno it was not shiny. When I checked its frame I found that it was 8 frames earlier then my target (frame 8 instead of frame 16)

this has happened more then once.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Are you using a synchronizer? Remember Articuno is method J.

Can someone dumb-down Wild Eep explanation to how to get specific natures in pokewalker?
[how do I get a specific nature]
  1. Find a point on the IRNG with an acceptable nature. As things stand now, this is a pain in the neck. Run an IRNG search on your target seed from (192*(1+[P/3])) to some large number, where P is the number of Pokemon you have to catch to reach your frame (P=[(F-1)/2]+1). Export this to CSV and open it in your favorite spreadsheet program. Use a find/replace function to search for spaces and replace them with nothing so that the egg PIDs can be manipulated. Make a new column with a formula to convert the hexadecimal PIDs to decimal, like =HEX2DEC(A1) [or wherever your PID is]. You will also want another column to determine the Pokewalker nature from this. The algorithm is Egg PID mod 24, so a sample formula would be =MOD(B1;24). Match the resultant numbers to this list to determine the nature. Because mod 24 returns a number from 0 to 23, Quirky (24) cannot be selected, which is probably a good thing.
  2. The next challenging part is finding an acceptable IRNG frame to use. An IRNG frame I is acceptable if (I-P)/192 is an integer greater than P/3. The resultant integer is the number of Pokewalker-to-DS connections you have to make in your journey. It has to be at least P/3 because that is the minimum number of connections you have to make to get your target frame!

After E4 because you will have the benefits of checking your seed with the elm method and advancing the frame with elm(provided you met the prerequisites).

Edit
Unless you 100% you can hit your frame w/o really having no way to check if you did, it will be best to rng later

When RNG abusing for egg IV's is there away to check elms responces for adjacent results? I am having trouble hitting my seed and want to know what seeds I am getting instead but it only gives you the option to seach coinflips.

When RNG abusing for egg IV's is there away to check elms responces for adjacent results? I am having trouble hitting my seed and want to know what seeds I am getting instead but it only gives you the option to seach coinflips.
The only way I can think of is taking your each of your delay range in the adjacent result, input each seed in the rngreporter, record what the elm result for each seed, and do that for all the frames

Edit:
If you can give me like a image of your adjacent result(or what you input in the Egg IV) I can quickly make you a list

Edit:
Or do what Kiddu said

Is Ho-Oh worth RNGing before Kanto or should I just KO it then come back after the E4?
Either works, now that we know Youngster Irwin can be used as a substitute for Elm calls, as long as he isn't looking for a rematch.

Make sure you have the newest version of RNG Reporter. It can search Elm adjacents in Seed to Time.

Make sure you have the newest version of RNG Reporter. It can search Elm adjacents in Seed to Time.[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes thats what i'm after! thank you.

Also thank you for the offer DarkChaos but it will not be needed now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)