Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hi, I'm an RNG newbie, and this is my question: 4th Gen Diamond.
RNG fossil pokemon is Method 1 right?

Also, I want to get a shiny Cranidos with decent IVs. My seed is 7A050A41, frame 176, 2612 delay, confirmed thru coin flips. I have 2 Chatots with custom Chatter. I saved in front of the scientist in Oreburgh Mining Museum.

Now, I got confused in the guide especially in Step 4: Frame Advancement. I did advancement using the Chatots, switched summaries until 175, and got Cranidos, but I always did not get the Nature, IV, and shininess. What am I doing wrong? Please enlighten me, thanks.

EDIT:
I got the IVs that I needed using steps+journal flips (via searching here in this thread) but it is not a shiny. I will keep it though.
Why is it not shiny? I ticked the shiny tab with my ID and SID but did not show up. Thanks.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
What about having a pokemon with a hacked move in the PC or having the Game Time Maxed out at 999:59? Neither of those affect the RNG either, right?

I'll post my results that I find tomorrow after I get off work. Hopefully that will help. And thanks in advance (pun totally not intended) whether or not what's going wrong is revealed.
Nothing has an effect. The seeding function is skipped entirely due to a mistake. The default value is 0 (that is the case in R/S btw, except the seeding function there is called at the 6th frame or so to overwrite it). The only time the seeding function is called in Emerald is when starting a new game.

Format for IV's hp/atk/def/sat/sde/spe

Ok, male keckleon with my desired moves has the ivs 13/13/31/15/31/31, and my female has the following ivs 24/13/9/28/31/22.

I'm going after frame 2463.

Calibration is set to 0 on Eon Timer.

Did everything I've done with the last 100 pokemon. Soft reset the moment the 1st timer hits 0 and talk with the daycare man immediately after loading the save file. Pressing A on the frame "take good care of it" as soon as the 2nd timer hits 0.

Hit 13/13/6/4/31/31. Closest possible frame is 153799. No where NEAR my target frame. And the eggs finder had NO plausible results on the alternate side. I have the male in the first slot in the daycare and the female in the 2nd.

Slot A is the first deposited parent, right?

Which pokemon is parent A, because you may have hit split frame
frame 2459
If the female is 24/13A/9/28/31A/22
and male is 13/13/31/15/31/31B

2459 is 13/A/6/4/A/B

how to resolve it? input 2459 in the update box in the eontimer or ask Hozu

Edit Typo fix

Which pokemon is parent A, because you may have hit split frame
frame 2459
If the male is 24/13A/9/28/31A/22
and female is 13/13/31/15/31/31B

2459 is 13/A/6/4/A/B

how to resolve it? input 2459 in the update box in the eontimer or ask Hozu
Funny you should mention 2459, figured I'd take another crack at it and for sure got that one on the alternate frames. I swear though, it was NOT yielding any frames according to the RNG reporter the past few days though. o.O

I'll try again after this and update and see if I get closer to my target. Still not sure what happened with my game. Maybe it was RNG reporter freezing up?

EDIT:
And then the next 4 attempts yielded non-plausible results... o.O but give or take 1 IV were spot on with nearby frames... Alternates don't have a split spread do they?

EDIT #2:

Again, found an impossible spread of 7/29/31/31/31/31!

Closest Spread is 2462 on alternates but Parent A does NOT have 31 Sp Atk! The only other closest frame with my parents' IVs is Frame 134... Which should be impossible to hit approximately 41 seconds in after a soft reset! :/

Funny you should mention 2459, figured I'd take another crack at it and for sure got that one on the alternate frames. I swear though, it was NOT yielding any frames according to the RNG reporter the past few days though. o.O

I'll try again after this and update and see if I get closer to my target. Still not sure what happened with my game. Maybe it was RNG reporter freezing up?
prob, but if the male is parent B and the female is parent A, you hit a split frame.

Note when you update the calibration, you should either hit your target frame or a frame closure to your target

edit I made a typo in the previous post the female must be A and male B

prob, but if the male is parent B and the female is parent A, you hit a split frame.

Note when you update the calibration, you should either hit your target frame or a frame closure to your target

edit I made a typo in the previous post the female must be A and male B
But parent A is the first parent deposited in the day care, right?

That would be my male in this case...

I thought I would calibrate my HG game for the first time. I've currently saved my game outside Mt. Silver Cave with my sweet scenter. There's just a few things I would like to clarify first. I've done this befor on my Black version and I know that with that game I have to wait for the shooting star before I could press any buttons. So I wondered if I have to do something similiar with HG. Also I watched a youtube video on calibration and it said to hold start, select and left during the calibration stage and then I think it said I had to press right? The guy who made the video said that this was called soft-resetting, I thought I had to just mash a after loading the game and use sweet scent as soon as possible.

I understand that I have to note the different seconds hit and delays though and that I should do this about twenty times to get accurate results. It's just the process leading up to that point that confuses me.

got another impossible spread of 31/13/28/28/31/31 =( WTF IS GOING ON?! T-T

Edit:

Figured I'd give it another go and got ANOTHER impossible spread: 13/13/15/28/1/21

@Seto
Have you done consistently use the eontimer, one rng after another? (May be an bug in eontimer)
Yes, the first parent is parent A. But update the timer and see if the frame you get is still in the 100,000

Edit
its way lower 28,128

Edit
thinking its a eontimer bug similar to mine

Reshiram
Calibration isnt really required if your using eontimer
Note 4TH gen and 5TH gen rng ARE DIFFERENT
1. According to how high your frame is, eontimer will tell you to set your target time back.
2. 4th gen rng require a two stage timer, the first timer for the reset time and the second for the actually target time
3.When the second timer goes off, you press A on the blue continue screen
Out-dated RNG guide

@Seto
Have you done consistently use the eontimer, one rng after another? (May be an bug in eontimer)
Yes, the first parent is parent A. But update the timer and see if the frame you get is still in the 100,000

Edit
its way lower 28,128

Edit
thinking its a eontimer bug similar to mine
well, it does have problems giving the right number of beeps but that hasn't affected my last 50 pokemon where I've had that problem... still... :/ I'll try that. thanks.

EDIT:

Downloaded the most up to date version of Eon Timer 2.21... The beeps worked correctly but I still got an impossible spread: the 7/29/31/31/31/31 spread. -_-

I'm beginning to think there's another list of spreads everybody else is missing... Like an Alternate Split or something. Because this is ridiculous.

also, are you doing this on cart or emulator
I do rng on carts
Hozu does both
others either use one or the other, or both
cart.

and I'm still not understanding what's going wrong... Species shouldn't have anything to do with messing up the process. but I hadn't had any problems prior to going after Kecleon. -_-

Well I had a go at calibration on HG. I saved outside Mt. Silver Cave (Red's route) and put in today's date and the time 8:22 in the find seed by stat's tab for fourth gen. I then changed the ds clock one minute befor the time in the find seed by stat's tab, hit the time and mashed 'a' until I got into the game. Then I mashed 'x' and used sweet scent asap. I made a list of the seconds and the delay. Is the delay supposed to vary like it does in my list?

1. seconds 14 delay 495
2. seconds 14 delay 489
3. seconds 15 delay 529
4. seconds 15 delay 517
5. seconds 14 delay 499
6. seconds 14 delay 485
7. seconds 14 delay 495
8. seconds 14 delay 505
9. seconds 14 delay 481
10. (Two results) seconds 33 Delay 1127
seconds 14 delay 503

So did I do this part right and which one should I use in the Eontimer?

Hi Guys I need help about what method to USE

Guys I need help I'm trying to RNG Suicune at Cerulean Cape what method to use It's a stationary pokes right thanks

Ok! I followed Hozu's instructions via our PM conversation and found that I seemed to be consistently hitting Method H-2 Frames for Wild Pokemon instead of the normal Method 2... (Which I've used to RNG for parents in the wild consistently in the past.)

Now what does this mean in terms of breeding for me? o.O

???
what frame in method h-2 is 7/29/31/31/31/31?
In 9.96.5beta, I am not seeing 7/29/31/31/31/31 in a range from 1 - 2,000,000

Its either eontimer or the game, I had a recent similar problem

???
what frame in method h-2 is 7/29/31/31/31/31?
In 9.96.5, I am not seeing 7/29/31/31/31/31 in a range from 1 - 2,000,000
I went after wild pokemon in H-2 and found I was hitting those frames consistently...

Still can't hit an egg to save my life... it will not yield any results... I'm debating just randomly hatching eggs until one with perfect ones appears... or just skipping Kecleon... Seeing if the game give me this same BS with Banette

What frame was 7/29/31/31/31/31 in method H-2?
Also, at least try one time. Take the parents out and put them back in and see if you get the same result. brb 4hrs

What frame was 7/29/31/31/31/31 in method H-2?
Also, at least try one time. Take the parents out and put them back in and see if you get the same result. brb 4hrs
It wasn't. There isn't a method H-2 for breeding that I'm aware of, but I hit what looked like Frame 2463 in Method H-2 for Wild Pokemon.

I'm not sure if that's something I've tried yet. I'll try refusing the egg and pulling the parents out and putting them back...

EDIT:

no good. STILL hit an impossible frame... but a different one this time. o.O

will update with the IVs of the egg when I finish calc-ing them

UPDATE:

IVs are 4/20/31/31/31/31... AGAIN! Something that RNG reporter, given my time frame for picking up the egg, is telling me is impossible. T-T

Currently in class
When I get a chance will see if I can hit that frame(currently doing a bagon run)

If I can, then someone is wrong with the game

If not something is wrong with the reporter or eontimer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)