Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Hmm I guess you will hit only either odd or even delays too in HGSS ID/SID abuse...
For me, I almost always hit odd delays (no way to switch between odd & even except the menu flipping... but that's unavailable during ID/SID abuse).

Only way to switch between odd & even is to change the year by odd number difference from the original.

Hmm I guess you will hit only either odd or even delays too in HGSS ID/SID abuse...
For me, I almost always hit odd delays (no way to switch between odd & even except the menu flipping... but that's unavailable during ID/SID abuse).

Only way to switch between odd & even is to change the year by odd number difference from the original.
Yeah, I was hitting odd delays but aiming for an even delay, so I changed the date and time accordingly. The only problem is that my delays have switched from odd to even and has just gone back to odd again... it's really annoying lol. To make matters worse I keep hitting everything around the right delay.

I'm doing a replay of Platinum and I'm hitting my seed. However because its been a longtime I seem to be confused with the frame. In the window It says frame 88 however when I hit my seed previously and walked 128 steps as I have 5 in my party and did 41 journal flips I did not get the results. So i'm wondering am i going by the wrong frame?

EDIT: I've changed the tab to Stationary Pokemon and now it says frame 89 so I've done 44 flips minus Azelf but still no result

Is there anything else I should doing??
screen.png

Last edited:

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
I'm doing a replay of Platinum and I'm hitting my seed. However because its been a longtime I seem to be confused with the frame. In the window It says frame 88 however when I hit my seed previously and walked 128 steps as I have 5 in my party and did 41 journal flips I did not get the results. So i'm wondering am i going by the wrong frame?

EDIT: I've changed the tab to Stationary Pokemon and now it says frame 89 so I've done 44 flips minus Azelf but still no result

Is there anything else I should doing??
Capture the Azelf and check the IVs and nature to find out what frame you've hit. Once you've found that out, you'll be able to make adjustments.

Is your Journal setup properly? A capture on two consecutive pages?

Capture the Azelf and check the IVs and nature to find out what frame you've hit. Once you've found that out, you'll be able to make adjustments.

Is your Journal setup properly? A capture on two consecutive pages?
Yep, I have the journal set up with the pages. Could you tell me where in RNG reporter I can check what frame I've hit?

Eyedol

Yep, I have the journal set up with the pages. Could you tell me where in RNG reporter I can check what frame I've hit?
Enter the seed you've hit into the main window, using Method J and Stationary encounter, then click Generate. If you've hit that seed, you should find it there somewhere.

You can set the IVs and nature to what you got to find it faster.

Enter the seed you've hit into the main window, using Method J and Stationary encounter, then click Generate. If you've hit that seed, you should find it there somewhere.

You can set the IVs and nature to what you got to find it faster.
Okay I've done that and I found out I'm on frame 97 after 44 flips. So I'm on 53 without flips, so I take it I just need to advance 128 steps (5 in party) take away 1 for Azelf leaving me with 47 flips if thats correct? Thanks for your help so far...

Just to confirm, is the gift Tyrogue in HGSS method K with a starting frame of 1? And I think you have to battle the Karate King before he hands over the Tyrogue - will that affect the frame count?

Does anyone have any experience with RNG abusing SoulSilver on a 3DS. I have not tried 4th Gen abuse on a 3DS and it's all I have at the moment. I attempted to RNG my TID/SID but haven't hit my seed. I'm wondering what change I need to do to my Eontimer values if my target date and time is 12/04/2012 21:59:55 with delay of 5177. I am currently using a calibrated delay of 490 and calibrated second of 14.

Hi guys I'm still having trouble RNGing my TID SID in Heart Gold, I'm almost at the point where I'm about to give up on it. Anyway I'm trying to get a timid HP Grass spread for Zapdos and I was just wondering if I've set everything up right? here's some screen shots:

Time finder:

Pandora's box:

Seed to time:

Eon timer:

Last edited:
@Ausgirl: IIRC you want to put the PID value of the spread you want into Pandora's Box. The images show that you have the seed for the spread instead. So put 5838C27A into the Desired PID(Hex) field of Pandora's Box. Once you generate seeds find one you like and generate more times. On a DS Lite I used to use a calibrated delay of 490 in Eontimer. I am also trying to abuse my TID/SID but I'm on a 3DS and it doesn't seem to work the same as a DS Lite so I hope you are not on a 3DS as well.

@Ausgirl: IIRC you want to put the PID value of the spread you want into Pandora's Box. The images show that you have the seed for the spread instead. So put 5838C27A into the Desired PID(Hex) field of Pandora's Box. Once you generate seeds find one you like and generate more times. On a DS Lite I used to use a calibrated delay of 490 in Eontimer. I am also trying to abuse my TID/SID but I'm on a 3DS and it doesn't seem to work the same as a DS Lite so I hope you are not on a 3DS as well.
I did what you suggested, is there anything else that looks wrong? Also in the Pandora's box it says that the delay is 5000 but in the seed to time finder it says 4988. So which one should I use? And yeah I'm using a ds lite. Screenshots:

Time finder:

Pandora's box:

Seed to time:

Eon timer:

Eyedol

I did what you suggested, is there anything else that looks wrong? Also in the Pandora's box it says that the delay is 5000 but in the seed to time finder it says 4988. So which one should I use? And yeah I'm using a ds lite. Screenshots:

Time finder:

Pandora's box:

Seed to time:

Eon timer:

It looks like you have everything set up properly. However, if I may make a recommendation, there is a 31/2/31/30/31/31 HP Grass 70 spread available for both Timid and Modest. The PIDs of those two spreads are very similar - enough that the same TID/SID combinations make them shiny. The PID for the Modest spread is CF0A4F77, and the PID for the Timid spread is 4F0ACF77.

It looks like you have everything set up properly. However, if I may make a recommendation, there is a 31/2/31/30/31/31 HP Grass 70 spread available for both Timid and Modest. The PIDs of those two spreads are very similar - enough that the same TID/SID combinations make them shiny. The PID for the Modest spread is CF0A4F77, and the PID for the Timid spread is 4F0ACF77.
OK thanks, yeah I might use that TID SID combination. So which delay should I use? the one in Pandora's box which is 5000 or the one in the seed to times which is 4988? Cos I actually hit 4988 but I got a different TID. So what does that mean?

Eyedol

OK thanks, yeah I might use that TID SID combination. So which delay should I use? the one in Pandora's box which is 5000 or the one in the seed to times which is 4988? Cos I actually hit 4988 but I got a different TID. So what does that mean?
Use the delay from the Seed to Time window, as it takes the year into account.

Did you set the DS clock a few minutes earlier than the time given in the Seed to Time window? EonTimer tells you how many minutes to set it early. Also, check the seconds of the seed you hit to see if it's near the seconds value for the seed.

Use the delay from the Seed to Time window, as it takes the year into account.

Did you set the DS clock a few minutes earlier than the time given in the Seed to Time window? EonTimer tells you how many minutes to set it early. Also, check the seconds of the seed you hit to see if it's near the seconds value for the seed.
Oh so I don't need to set the time finder, Pandora's box and the seed to time window to the same year?

Do you mean where it says minutes before target? cos I thought that was included in timer.

Eyedol

Oh so I don't need to set the time finder, Pandora's box and the seed to time window to the same year?

Do you mean where it says minutes before target? cos I thought that was included in timer.
You'll need to set Pandora's Box to the same year when you search for the seed you hit.

Minutes before target means the amount of minutes you have to set the DS before the target seed time.

You'll need to set Pandora's Box to the same year when you search for the seed you hit.

Minutes before target means the amount of minutes you have to set the DS before the target seed time.
I'm also attempting an ID/SID combo for HG/SS. If I could jump on the bandwagon and ask, when you set up the Eon Timer and press go.
What screen should you be on? The DS loading screen or clicking a new game. I know the 2nd timer is for the professor screen but what is the first timer for?

I did go through the guide but that's one thing I don't get.

Thanks I think I get it now.

I'm also attempting an ID/SID combo for HG/SS. If I could jump on the bandwagon and ask, when you set up the Eon Timer and press go.
What screen should you be on? The DS loading screen or clicking a new game. I know the 2nd timer is for the professor screen but what is the first timer for?

Well I've always assumed that the first timer is for synching the ds to the eon timer and I just mash through the game and wait at the professor screen for the second timer to finish. I could be wrong though...

Thanks I think I get it now.

Well I've always assumed that the first timer is for synching the ds to the eon timer and I just mash through the game and wait at the professor screen for the second timer to finish. I could be wrong though...
Cool I'll give that a shot now. Thanks for your help.

Eyedol

The times to soft reset/start the game/press A is the exact same as normal RNG abuse, except the second timer is when you press A at the last line of the introduction. Also, check the on-site guide for any other differences. ^_^

Is there any information about RNGing for held items on wild Pokemon? I'm trying to find a frame with a Chansey holding a Lucky Egg in Heartgold, and despite having Compoundeyes + Frisk in the first two spots in my party, I've had no luck thus far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)