Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Ok, so I'm doing a gen 3 RNG trying to get a shiny and my time is 46.06 but I just can't hit my time. I've looked put the ones I've been hitting and I've hit like 46.11 and 46.00 and everything close but I just can't seem to hit 46.06. Any suggestions?
You should use EonTimer, as that allows you to enter the specific frame you're after. You can also update the timer with the frame you actually got, and the timer will adjust accordingly.

3rd gen RNG abuse is a matter of being consistent - it's difficult to time things to 1/60th of a second. Try not to manually adjust the timing you press the button, as EonTimer handles that for you.

Ok thanks so much. I've done a couple simple BW RNGs and they were super easy to hit my seed.

Also, will the RNG mechanics change for X and Y? I sorta wanna make perfect pokemon :P

And they should make a RNG reporter for iPad. That would be so nice :)

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Ok thanks so much. I've done a couple simple BW RNGs and they were super easy to hit my seed.

Also, will the RNG mechanics change for X and Y? I sorta wanna make perfect pokemon :p
:)
BW RNG is a joke. 4th and 3rd gens are a bit more challenging so don't give up just yet. Btw, there's no reason to ask about future mechanics because we can't predict the future and anything we say at this point would just be a shot in the dark. Maybe when the games are released you can ask that again.

How long does it take you to get a good IV spread? Mine is only a 46 s seed and it has taken me 50+ tries and I still haven't hit it. I found a good spread and it was like 12 m, that could take forever.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
How long does it take you to get a good IV spread? Mine is only a 46 s seed and it has taken me 50+ tries and I still haven't hit it. I found a good spread and it was like 12 m, that could take forever.
With experience you'll become more precise with hitting seeds. If you use Task Manager to set EonTimer to a higher priority, it will reduce any inconsistencies from the timer.

-Pardon if it's been asked already but 1k+ pages isn't fun to search- I RNG'd a few, put 'em on to PokeCheck however in legality check it said it was likely RNG abused. Now would this still be legal in an event or should I just breed 'em? -Again sorry if it's been asked-

So I looked into my SID and imputed that and my TID into the RNG Reported and the first shiny frame it spat out was 6:06.96. I guess that will be fun to try to hit xD

-Pardon if it's been asked already but 1k+ pages isn't fun to search- I RNG'd a few, put 'em on to PokeCheck however in legality check it said it was likely RNG abused. Now would this still be legal in an event or should I just breed 'em? -Again sorry if it's been asked-
All RNGed Pokémon say that in Pokecheck, so it's perfectly fine.
So I looked into my SID and imputed that and my TID into the RNG Reported and the first shiny frame it spat out was 6:06.96. I guess that will be fun to try to hit xD
This thread is only for asking questions or answering them.

I'm trying to RNG the roaming Mesprit at the moment, too. The last two times, I've been saved right in front of Mesprit in its cavern, verified the correct seed and done my journal flips, and the Mesprit I caught both times had the same spread. Problem is, it's not only not the right spread, but the spread doesn't show up at all when I search for it in the frame. I'm running out of ideas as to what I'm doing wrong. Mesprit's Method J and stationary, right?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I'm trying to RNG the roaming Mesprit at the moment, too. The last two times, I've been saved right in front of Mesprit in its cavern, verified the correct seed and done my journal flips, and the Mesprit I caught both times had the same spread. Problem is, it's not only not the right spread, but the spread doesn't show up at all when I search for it in the frame. I'm running out of ideas as to what I'm doing wrong. Mesprit's Method J and stationary, right?
Method 1

Ok, I've been trying for days and thought I should see if anybody here can help me. I'm trying to catch a semi-perfect (31 in all IVs except for Attack) Timid Mewtwo from Cerulean Cave in HGSS. I checked with the seed-to-time converter on RNG Reporter and I need to hit a seed on 7/26/13 at 11:59:35 with a delay of 599. I tried this, and persistently missed my seed by quite a lot. Upon learning that you need to wait until EonTimer's beeper goes off TWICE (felt like quite an idiot after that one), I tried it again doing (to the best of my knowledge) all of the steps correctly, but upon verifying my seed through roamer locations and/or Irwin calls, RNG Reporter informs me that my time is off by two days, so I hit a time of 7/28/13 at 11:55:25.

I'm not sure if that's enough information for anybody to be able to help with, but here are the steps I followed from the beginning-

1) Opened the 4th Generation Time Finder and entered all relevant stats and capture methods (Method K, Stationary Pokemon). Desired seconds is set to 35, and the year is 2013.
2) Generated list of seeds, selected the first one with a Synchronize lead, as that's my preferred method of ensuring the correct nature.
3) Copied this seed to clipboard and pasted it into the Seed-to-Time finder. As all roamers are active, I checked off the boxes, leaving the specific route fields blank.
4) Selected the first entry in the list of generated results, which shows a delay of 7/26/13 at 11:59:35 with a delay of 599.
5) As per the instructions on the Smogon Tutorial, I set the Delay fields to 50 each and the Seconds fields to 2 each.
6) Set EonTimer to the recommended defaults suggested by the Smogon Tutorial (490 Calibrated Delay, 14, Calibrated Seconds), and inputted the target second (35) and the target delay (599)
7) Set my DS Lite to the target date mentioned in step 5, and to the appropriate hour and minute, activating EonTimer at the precise moment that the time was reset on the DS Lite.
8) Reset the console, waited at the main DS menu until the first timer reached zero, pressed A to start the game.
9) Mashed A to speed through the intro, waited at the file select menu until the second timer reached zero, pressed A.
10) Immediately opened the Pokegear to verify seed.
11) Verified seed. Wept.

If anybody needs more information, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Hmm, not sure what the problem is. The steps you followed are correct. You tried both roamer verification and Irwin calls but both gave you bad results? You should at least be hitting the right minute. What are you setting the DS's time to when you're syncing it with Eon Timer?

Hmm, not sure what the problem is. The steps you followed are correct. You tried both roamer verification and Irwin calls but both gave you bad results? You should at least be hitting the right minute. What are you setting the DS's time to when you're syncing it with Eon Timer?
11:59. EonTimer gave me 0 minutes before target so I set the time to the exact time the seed generator spat out.

On my last attempt, I couldn't even verify the seed. Latias was at route 26, Raikou was at 46, and Entei wasn't even on the map. That's happened a couple of times. Any idea what it means? I'm thinking it may be that Entei and Raikou are on the same route?

My Irwin calls narrowed down to zero results instead of one, too.

Last edited:
11:59. EonTimer gave me 0 minutes before target so I set the timer to the exact time the seed generator spat out.

On my last attempt, I couldn't even verify the seed. Latias was at route 26, Raikou was at 46, and Entei wasn't even on the map. That's happened a couple of times. Any idea what it means? I'm thinking it may be that Entei and Raikou are on the same route?

My Irwin calls narrowed down to zero results instead of one, too.
I've honestly never RNGd with Roamers on my map. I always catch/KO them before I RNG because they're just a hassle to me, and I don't know how to use roamer verification correctly (or RNG Reporter does it wrong, but I don't think it does...). I think they're messing with your verification process and that's why you're getting weird results. I personally recommend catching/KOing all of your roamers (if you want to RNG them then you can always KO them, and they will respawn after you defeat the E4) and then going back to Mewtwo and use Irwin to verify.

I've honestly never RNGd with Roamers on my map. I always catch/KO them before I RNG because they're just a hassle to me, and I don't know how to use roamer verification correctly (or RNG Reporter does it wrong, but I don't think it does...). I think they're messing with your verification process and that's why you're getting weird results. I personally recommend catching/KOing all of your roamers (if you want to RNG them then you can always KO them, and they will respawn after you defeat the E4) and then going back to Mewtwo and use Irwin to verify.

Alright, I've tried it with all roamers KO'd. My target time was the same as it's been from the beginning, 7/26/13 at 11:59:35 with a delay of 599.

After verifying my seed through calling Irwin, my actual time reached was 7/28/13 at 11:55:25 with a delay of 605.

So I think it's safe to conclude that the roamers weren't the problem. That leaves the issue of what actually is the problem, though, and I haven't the foggiest.

Alright, I've tried it with all roamers KO'd. My target time was the same as it's been from the beginning, 7/26/13 at 11:59:35 with a delay of 599.

After verifying my seed through calling Irwin, my actual time reached was 7/28/13 at 11:55:25 with a delay of 605.

So I think it's safe to conclude that the roamers weren't the problem. That leaves the issue of what actually is the problem, though, and I haven't the foggiest.
Huh. I'm pretty stumped at this point... Are you sure you know which Irwin responses correlate with which letter?

E: something about escapades
P: A bunch of questions.
K: I forgot but there's only one possible response since I know the other two.

And are you sure you have the DS set to the right date and everything? You probably know all this but I really can't come up with anything else. Which version of RNG Reporter are you using?

Huh. I'm pretty stumped at this point... Are you sure you know which Irwin responses correlate with which letter?

E: something about escapades
P: A bunch of questions.
K: I forgot but there's only one possible response since I know the other two.

And are you sure you have the DS set to the right date and everything? You probably know all this but I really can't come up with anything else. Which version of RNG Reporter are you using?
I'm using version 9.96.5

And yes, I'm marking the questions off properly. The "Search Calls" feature lists the transcript of each call in full next to the appropriate letter.

The date is set to Friday, 7/26/13, it's only my results that give me 7/28/13.

You know, I may have an idea. I have a repel active because I wanted to avoid random encounters in the caves. Might that influence the results?

Nope, tried it again, got a result of 7/28/13 11:55:27 with a Delay of 556

Last edited:
I'm using version 9.96.5

And yes, I'm marking the questions off properly. The "Search Calls" feature lists the transcript of each call in full next to the appropriate letter.

You know, I may have an idea. I have a repel active because I wanted to avoid random encounters in the caves. Might that influence the results?

Nope, tried it again, got a result of 7/28/13 11:55:27 with a Delay of 556
Yeah, repel shouldn't do anything. I'm completely stumped, I'm sorry. Hopefully someone else has an idea of what's wrong.

I'm using version 9.96.5

Yeah, repel shouldn't do anything. I'm completely stumped, I'm sorry. Hopefully someone else has an idea of what's wrong.
That's alright, thanks anyway.

Is there any chance the contents of my bag could be throwing off the numbers? I realize that's a bit ridiculous but I'm trying to cover all bases here.

The reason I ask is that I used an AR to give me 900X all items and 90X all TMs to make my training a bit easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)