Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I am using the most recent version of RNG Reporter and I am trying to teach myself RNG for Leaf Green (off of the cart).

My problem right now is that I am not certain how to locate the PID of a caught Pokemon for calibration purposes (I plan on using Omega Donuts process here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-rng-reporter-9-93.62357/page-17#post-4018452)

So I get Abra (or any other Pokemon for that matter) and then what? I've found the exact IVs for Pokemon but have not been able to find the seed even when using the correct generation method.

I am using the most recent version of RNG Reporter and I am trying to teach myself RNG for Leaf Green (off of the cart).

My problem right now is that I am not certain how to locate the PID of a caught Pokemon for calibration purposes (I plan on using Omega Donuts process here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rng-manipulation-in-firered-leafgreen-wild-pokémon-supported-in-rng-reporter-9-93.62357/page-17#post-4018452)

So I get Abra (or any other Pokemon for that matter) and then what? I've found the exact IVs for Pokemon but have not been able to find the seed even when using the correct generation method.
If I were you, I wouldn't even bother trying to RNG off the cart in FR/LG. It's just too unpredictable/unreliable.

To answer your question, though, there's a "Calculate PID from IVs" feature in RNG Reporter (should be in the 4th gen tools tab, but it works just fine for 3rd gen as well).

If I were you, I wouldn't even bother trying to RNG off the cart in FR/LG. It's just too unpredictable/unreliable.

To answer your question, though, there's a "Calculate PID from IVs" feature in RNG Reporter (should be in the 4th gen tools tab, but it works just fine for 3rd gen as well).
This answers my question exactly. Thank you!

Reactions: Muk

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Emerald's static seed of 0 is initially triggered by loading the save file, correct? If so, would it technically be possible to RNG the ID/SID with a dry battery w/ seed 5A0 on a retail cart?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Emerald's static seed of 0 is initially triggered by loading the save file, correct? If so, would it technically be possible to RNG the ID/SID with a dry battery w/ seed 5A0 on a retail cart?
No. The entire seeding process is simply not called at all.

I don't know if this has been asked or not, but I'll ask anyway: is it possible to RNG Gen 4 games with a 3DS?
It is possible yes :) You just need to calibrate it properly, meaning you need to see how long it will take you to set the time and go into your game, and then adjust EonTimer to accomodate it :)

Quick question about Safari Zone RNGing in HGSS. I'm trying to get a Hippopotas in the Desert area, which means I need to place 28 Peak items, which I did. I checked if I could get a Hippopotas and I could, so I saved outside. I'm kind of lost on the Priority table though. The Desert area (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62170603/SafariZone.html) has 4 Pokémon which can appear with Peak items in the area: Marowak, Fearow, Trapinch and Hippopotas. Now, Marowak and Fearow have a combined slot in the Priority Table, being priority 6. Hippopotas is at 7 and Trapinch at 8, but Trapinch has a Peak value of 50, which means I can't get that right away, which is good.

Am I right to say that I need to find a frame with encounter slot 2? 0 should be Marowak or Fearow and 1 should the one that's not on 0. Or is it combined and do I need to find a slot 1 frame?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Quick question about Safari Zone RNGing in HGSS. I'm trying to get a Hippopotas in the Desert area, which means I need to place 28 Peak items, which I did. I checked if I could get a Hippopotas and I could, so I saved outside. I'm kind of lost on the Priority table though. The Desert area (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62170603/SafariZone.html) has 4 Pokémon which can appear with Peak items in the area: Marowak, Fearow, Trapinch and Hippopotas. Now, Marowak and Fearow have a combined slot in the Priority Table, being priority 6. Hippopotas is at 7 and Trapinch at 8, but Trapinch has a Peak value of 50, which means I can't get that right away, which is good.

Am I right to say that I need to find a frame with encounter slot 2? 0 should be Marowak or Fearow and 1 should the one that's not on 0. Or is it combined and do I need to find a slot 1 frame?
It's combined. If you can't find a slot 1 frame, put in blocks to make the Pokémon listed before it appear, causing the slot to shift.

.com said:
You could also bring a Pokémon over from the cartridge in question to Gen 6, and someone could check it for you (t)here.
Would that be by using Key Sav?

If that's the case, I could do it myself. :)

Hey guys, hopefully this'll be a quick question.
I'm RNGing Giratina from the Distortion World (I am saved right infront of it btw).
Regarding frame advancement, I choose to advance frames from the journal as it loads straight away at the start.
From my understanding my starting frame is 12, due to the distortion world?
My question is when advancing frames via journal flips, I know that if I find atleast 1 of these notes on a page I get a frame advancement of +2:
  1. Caught a male ZUBAT
  2. Defeated a male ZUBAT
  3. ZUBAT was caught (NIGHT)
  4. Caught ZUBAT (LATE NIGHT)
Say the first page on my diary as it loads has eg

1. Caught a male ZUBAT
  2. Defeated a male ZUBAT
And I flip to another page with eg

1. Caught a male ZUBAT
And then back to the original page, does that count as 4 or 6 frame advancements? ie does loading the first journal page with one of those notes advance the frame or not, seeing as it is the loaded page?
Also, the distortion world loading gives +11 frame advancement, so why is my starting frame for this method 12 and not 11?
Thanks guys :)

Oh also, can i just flick between a random page adjacent to one with one of those messages back and forth, or does it have to be between different pages with those messages on?

Last edited:
Say the first page on my diary as it loads has eg

1. Caught a male ZUBAT
  2. Defeated a male ZUBAT
And I flip to another page with eg

1. Caught a male ZUBAT
And then back to the original page, does that count as 4 or 6 frame advancements?
That counts as 4, seeing as it's only one page that displays the caught/defeated.

ie does loading the first journal page with one of those notes advance the frame or not, seeing as it is the loaded page?
It advances them by +2, yes.

Also, the distortion world loading gives +11 frame advancement, so why is my starting frame for this method 12 and not 11?
Thanks guys :)
I think the onsite guide explained that, IIRC I think it has to do about the game loading the map.

Oh also, can i just flick between a random page adjacent to one with one of those messages back and forth, or does it have to be between different pages with those messages on?
Yes you can flick to a random page, since the other pages without those displayed won't advance your frame. Although it is better to have them next to each other, it is not necessary, since sometimes you just have to make do with what you have :)
responses in bold letters

edit: Also look for distortion world giratina here

Last edited:
Thankyou very much :) Only trouble is hitting my delay and seed D:

Ahh thankyou, I read that and didnt know that when battling the frames get advanced again, very helpful :)

Last edited:
Thankyou very much :) Only trouble is hitting my delay and seed D:
Good luck, if you're having problems with target second, like you were 1 second early, simply add 1 to your target second (on eontimer), for delays, like if you missed it by 2, say you got 3022 and you were aiming for 3024, it's normal, sometimes you don't need to adjust your delay during those times.

I take it I can find out how off I am by comparing my coin flips to the other generated times?
I'm not sure if I understood your question, but yes basically you need to search flips, inputting your result and see what matches, from there you'll find out what delay you're on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)