Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So I hit the seconds correct, but my delay was 928, my target was 933, what do I have to do now, do I add 4 to my target delay?

So I hit the seconds correct, but my delay was 928, my target was 933, what do I have to do now, do I add 4 to my target delay?
Add/subtract 1 to your year (in your ds's calendar, so from say 2010, set it to 2011) repeat (hit your seed again), and check what delay you get.

Finally hit my seed. Target frame was 258. Start on 23 due to distortion world. Minus 11 that will be added on when I battle Giratina making that 224 frame advancements needed. Flicked between a blank and a (caught pokemon) page in the journal 112 times. Still did not get the pokemon, howcome?

Finally hit my seed. Target frame was 258. Start on 23 due to distortion world. Minus 11 that will be added on when I battle Giratina making that 224 frame advancements needed. Flicked between a blank and a (caught pokemon) page in the journal 112 times. Still did not get the pokemon, howcome?
Did you check what frame you did land on?

Im not sure I understand?
Check the Giratina's IVs (use an IV calculator) and nature. Go back to the main screen of RNG reporter where you can see every frame of your seed.
Find what frame you landed on by comparing the Giratina you got to the ones in RNG reporter.

Maybe because I was using a 2013 generated seed whilst using 2011 in the *generate more times" part D:
nm just realised that doesnt matter

hey everyone I am planing to start RNG abusing in the previous gen games

Games that I am going to RNG Abuse: Platinum, Heartgold, Soulsilver, black/white 2, and Pokemon radar (when I get to it hear that it is harder)

What I plan on RNG Abusing: Legendaries, Genderless pokemon in cool pokeballs (soulsilver/heartgold), and then going to breed in soulsilver and black 2 to get tutor moves

With that being said I have a few Questions about this: Does anyone have any good video tutorials?, how do you guys/girls clone in previous gen (I have an action replay), and I have a DS Lite and a 3DS which one is better to RNG Abuse with? ( I have ruby,sapphire, emerald, firered and leafgreen), Also how do I inject wondercards for events that I missed

Please PM me if you can help going to restart platinum tonight (not looking to get shiny ones yet will do that later)

When you do find what frame you landed on, adjust your advances accordingly :)
typed the ivs i got into main page, hit generate and it didnt find anything?
aha nm I did find it, it was just that serbii's ivs were eg. 3-5 for attack so i had to try them all out ,not just the average :D

Last edited:
user bearsfan092 has some great rng abuse tutorials on youtube, they've really helped, and the procedures are similar to the onsite guides so you can refer to them while you do the RNG process.

There are previous gen cloning codes on the pc, but I don't suggest using the DPPT ones, rather the HGSS ones seem more stable in my opinion, the Platinum ones gave me bad eggs (I've used a flashcart with built in AR ,I'm stating this from experience).

I'd suggest using a DS Lite as it was the first handheld supported by the RNG reporter, and I believe it would be easier for you, and you can also make use of alternating delay with the dual slot feature since you have gen 3 retail cartridges (although you can just change the year to alter the delay as I've read there are inconsistencies with using the dual slot).

IIRC, You need to have pokegen and a flashcart/ a way of backing up your retail save file (See NDS backup tool) to inject wondercards. Projectpokemon has the wondercards if you're wondering too, and also I recommend that if you plan on trading injected wondercards that you state that they are obtained through that method, and also include all codes (if you plan on offering those pokemon in a trade thread).

I can't PM you now tho, so maybe you're better off finding others to help you on conversation. Good luck.

edit: With the removal of wifi, cloning via fakegts is no longer supported, you're better off learning using .pkm files if you want to go to that route and also you should familiarize yourself with pokegen as it supports .pkm files, so you can clone the pokemon from there.

Last edited:
Where did you buy your flashcart?

And I know about the wondercard and stating that is how I obtained them
Ohh I forgot, it was at a toy store, most gadget stores should have them, r4 seems a popular brand, and supercard dstwo.

typed the ivs i got into main page, hit generate and it didnt find anything?
I'm unsure how to solve your problem, if you don't mind, could you post a screenshot of the main window and the seed to time function window?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)