Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Has anyone looked into the tools outlined in this thread: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-gen-rng-research.61090/page-42#post-4975779?
I have tried working on this, but there are two problems:
  1. I can't speak Japanese, so I can't read all of the options
  2. When I did manage to get the seed, I did Chatot calls- over 20- and they all matched. Even then, when I went through the instructions, it still didn't get the right pokemon.
Please help! I am playing in white 2, and trying to breed a bagon with hydro pump and dragon pulse.
Here is a video detailing the method (It is in Japanese):

For example... here is the interface of the program:

I am shooting for a Chandelure with a Quiet nature and a 0 speed IV. The IV's are wrong- but I'm not sure which are the mother's IVs and which are the father's!
I also have inputted the nazos, which, according to the thread above, correspond to the English White 2 game on a normal DS.
Then, as also shown in the thread, I put the time in the Adjacent Seed tool, then copied that to the main window. I then did the Chatot calls again and they matched. I'm not sure if I need to do a specific number of advances or not. Please help!

Edit: If you need any more information, please tell me! I need as much help as I can.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
For example... here is the interface of the program:

I am shooting for a Chandelure with a Quiet nature and a 0 speed IV. The IV's are wrong- but I'm not sure which are the mother's IVs and which are the father's!
I also have inputted the nazos, which, according to the thread above, correspond to the English White 2 game on a normal DS.
Then, as also shown in the thread, I put the time in the Adjacent Seed tool, then copied that to the main window. I then did the Chatot calls again and they matched. I'm not sure if I need to do a specific number of advances or not. Please help!

Edit: If you need any more information, please tell me! I need as much help as I can.
I've never breed abused on Pokemon BW2, but if it's anything like BW Breeding you'd definitely need a certain amount of advances to hit your desired PID. Even if the chatot pitches matched you'd just be randomly advancing it into who-knows-where. Advance to one before your target frame and you're good to go.

If this is different for BW2 I apologize. Also, I think this would be better off in the 5th gen PRNG thread. :p

Ah... I didn't know there is a thread for specifically 5th gen. I did see in the video that there was a star after the save spinner, but I don't know how to get that on the program. I will move this to the other thread as well.

Also it's been a while since I rnged anything in HG. Can someone remind me how frame advancement works? For both ivs and shininess that is.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Also it's been a while since I rnged anything in HG. Can someone remind me how frame advancement works? For both ivs and shininess that is.
There's only the one type of advancement in Gen IV and is controlled by Elm/Irwin calls (in HGSS at least—by Pokétch taps and Coin Flips in DPPt).

Hey there, trying to create a shiny egg in Pokemon Platinum but I'm having trouble determining how many coin flips I'm supposed to do.
I know to flip to verify your seed in the Seed to Times finder (I can hit my seed fairly consistently), but do I also do the Flip sequence in the 4th Gen Time Finder + additional flips? I think my flipping is incorrect and I can't quite follow the guide.

There's only the one type of advancement in Gen IV and is controlled by Elm/Irwin calls (in HGSS at least—by Pokétch taps and Coin Flips in DPPt).
We'll I'm about to rng a shiny flawless Mewtwo, which I rnged my tid sid for ages ago. Does it matter who I call?

We'll I'm about to rng a shiny flawless Mewtwo, which I rnged my tid sid for ages ago. Does it matter who I call?
No, they're the same. Irwin is actually better since the moment people found out about this option, they found that you don't actually need to have pokerus just to see all the responses.

No, they're the same. Irwin is actually better since the moment people found out about this option, they found that you don't actually need to have pokerus just to see all the responses.
Cool, hopefully I'll have it by the end of the weekend. Thanks everyone.

Hey there, trying to create a shiny egg in Pokemon Platinum but I'm having trouble determining how many coin flips I'm supposed to do.
I know to flip to verify your seed in the Seed to Times finder (I can hit my seed fairly consistently), but do I also do the Flip sequence in the 4th Gen Time Finder + additional flips? I think my flipping is incorrect and I can't quite follow the guide.
So I just realized now that the 4th Gen Seed to Time window has been expanded to 15 flips for seed verification, while the guide here on Smogon still shows 10 flips in the 4th Gen Seed to Time window. This is probably a large reason for the headache I'm having (cause I'm hitting my seed EVERY TIME) and I can't figure out which coin flips I'm supposed to follow. I'm even more confused because the Time Finder window still says its assuming I'll be doing 10 coin flips to verify.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
So I just realized now that the 4th Gen Seed to Time window has been expanded to 15 flips for seed verification, while the guide here on Smogon still shows 10 flips in the 4th Gen Seed to Time window. This is probably a large reason for the headache I'm having (cause I'm hitting my seed EVERY TIME) and I can't figure out which coin flips I'm supposed to follow. I'm even more confused because the Time Finder window still says its assuming I'll be doing 10 coin flips to verify.

You are supposed to do 10 + additional (10 to verify, the additional to hit the frame you want). The Seed to Times is just set up to show the first 15 flips of the seed. If you compare the windows, you are not actually highlighting the same seed in the Seed To Times as what's in the Time Finder. If you scroll up to the seed with the delay of 650 in the Seed To Times (so that you are looking at the same seed in both windows), you'll notice that the coin flips are identical, albeit with 5 more shown in the Seed To Times window than what's in the Time Finder.

You are supposed to do 10 + additional (10 to verify, the additional to hit the frame you want). The Seed to Times is just set up to show the first 15 flips of the seed. If you compare the windows, you are not actually highlighting the same seed in the Seed To Times as what's in the Time Finder. If you scroll up to the seed with the delay of 650 in the Seed To Times (so that you are looking at the same seed in both windows), you'll notice that the coin flips are identical, albeit with 5 more shown in the Seed To Times window than what's in the Time Finder.
YOU ARE MY HERO. Me and my Shiny Treecko thank you (y)

So um I discovered that the rng reporter doesn't show my tid sid anymore in the 4th gen time finder like it used to. I was able to find out my sid again using keybv but when I try and search for the shiny flawless seed I used to capture Kyogre it's not showing up. I'm pretty sure that the delay that I used was 495, but I'm not entirely sure. Is there anyway I can find the seed that I used and can I still hit it with a different starting delay? I hope this makes sense. I want to use the same seed to capture a shiny flawless mewtwo with the same nature.

So um I discovered that the rng reporter doesn't show my tid sid anymore in the 4th gen time finder like it used to. I was able to find out my sid again using keybv but when I try and search for the shiny flawless seed I used to capture Kyogre it's not showing up. I'm pretty sure that the delay that I used was 495, but I'm not entirely sure. Is there anyway I can find the seed that I used and can I still hit it with a different starting delay? I hope this makes sense. I want to use the same seed to capture a shiny flawless mewtwo with the same nature.
Maybe you could find it at the Reporter's 4th gen Time finder again by inputting your desired IVs and widening the delay range to say like 490 to 10,000?

Maybe you could find it at the Reporter's 4th gen Time finder again by inputting your desired IVs and widening the delay range to say like 490 to 10,000?
Edit: actually it looks like I wrote down the wrong thing cos I've found my sid again and the seed I was looking. I must remember to make a note of my tid sid in the future.

Ironically I found the correct sid while preparing to rng my tid sid in pearl.

Last edited:
I got a new laptop and had to re-download rng reporter
I need help making a profile since I lost the info on vcount,gxstat etc
I dont care if its made up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)