Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Yeah, it is possible, but trying to RNG on a retail FRLG is what one would call a living hell, since it is very hard.

If you still want to try, look at this thread. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rng-manipulation-in-firered-leafgreen-wild-pokémon-supported-in-rng-reporter-9-93.62357/
Thanks, if i'm not wrong, the method is similar to emerald, but there are new methods, H2 and H4, and the frame is uncontrollable in some areas, right?

and then, i can't open rng reporter, i tried to open all versions, but it still didn't works and this is the error message

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Then can someone give me theirs please :/
Someone giving you theirs is equivalent to you making up numbers--neither will allow you to rng anything. If you want to rng, then you'll have to recalibrate (for Gen V anyway, which is what I assume you are talking about). There's no other way around it.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Is possible to get a time frame in emerald with 31/31/31/31/31/31 for a legend like deoxys?
It's perfectly possible. However, such frames with IVs like those are usually in the billions and are impossible to reach by normal means (good luck leaving your GBA turned on for a month to wait for a flawless spread in said billions). The only way to reach them without an emulator's assistance is with the Battle Record method, which also takes a lot of time time by itself.

It's perfectly possible. However, such frames with IVs like those are usually in the billions and are impossible to reach by normal means (good luck leaving your GBA turned on for a month to wait for a flawless spread in said billions). The only way to reach them without an emulator's assistance is with the Battle Record method, which also takes a lot of time time by itself.
Where can i get the guide of those methods?

Someone giving you theirs is equivalent to you making up numbers--neither will allow you to rng anything. If you want to rng, then you'll have to recalibrate (for Gen V anyway, which is what I assume you are talking about). There's no other way around it.
what if its not for gen 5 but 4 and 3? I'm not allowed to access anything without a profile <_< besides how am i suppose to do it now?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
what if its not for gen 5 but 4 and 3? I'm not allowed to access anything without a profile <_< besides how am i suppose to do it now?
The Time Finders for Gens 3 and 4 do not require profiles to access (I just moved the profiles out of the folder the reporter is in and opened/ran the the Time Finder for those gens just fine). If you want to recalibrate, you can click the "DS Parameters search" button in the main window, or use the Unova Link Parameters tool under "5th gen tools" (also in the main window) if you have version 9.96.6 (the UL paramters tool doesn't work right in 9.96.5). If you have other questions about gen V specifically, you can check out the info or post further Gen V related questions in this thread :)

I'm having a really frustrating and annoying issue with RNGing. I'm trying to RNG a Jolly 31/31/x/x/31/31 Scrappy Kangaskhan with seed C00D0B6E in Heart Gold. I've RNG'ed several Pokemon before in this game with no problems, but my problem this time is that I'm not even landing on seeds that are within the adjacents. In other words, I have no idea what seeds I'm actually hitting, even though I'm hitting pretty darn close to my target seed. What could be causing this? I'm using PPRNG and EonTimer, if that matters at all.

EDIT: So it turns out, I have to actually press A AFTER the timer ends, not even on the moment the timer expires, to land on seeds within the adjacents. But, if I press A on the moment the timer ends, I don't land in the adjacents. What the heck??

EDIT 2: This is ridiculous. I reset all the values in EonTimer (Calibrated Delay to 490), tried hitting this seed again and I'm still not within the adjacents. I even increased the seconds range to +- 5, and delays to +- 100 and I'm still not hitting any adjacents. What could be causing this? I can't really change seeds because this is the only reasonable one I could find. Someone please help!

Last edited:
Edit: Apparently all my 3 roamers in HGSS were already realead, no wonder my starting frame was off >_>. Can I RNG both Latios and Raikou? Like, if RNG Latios first and after the E4 just confirm that it has the right nature and IVs and not saving after capturing it, can I then kill and RNG Raikou and Latios will stay the same?

Last edited:

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Edit: Apparently all my 3 roamers in HGSS were already realead, no wonder my starting frame was off >_>. Can I RNG both Latios and Raikou? Like, if RNG Latios first and after the E4 just confirm that it has the right nature and IVs and not saving after capturing it, can I then kill and RNG Raikou and Latios will stay the same?
RNG one, save before capturing it to see if it has the right spread, then reset. If it has the spread you want, find and faint the other, then RNG it. Keep the first one not captured to help determine your seed.

Is the game supposed to skip Elm calls listed in the RNG reporter? For example I'm trying to RNG Mewtwo in HG and I've noticed that the Elm responses that I get in-game tend to skip the first 2 Elm responses for the delay that they match in the reporter.

Elm calls/ delay/ Elm responses for the delay
KPEPPE -641 PPKPEPP
KEKPEP -629 KPKEKPEP
PPPEKK -633 EPEPPPEK
PEEEEK -637 PKPEEEEK
etc (kept hitting 633 after that)

So yeah. Is this a settings thing?

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Is the game supposed to skip Elm calls listed in the RNG reporter? For example I'm trying to RNG Mewtwo in HG and I've noticed that the Elm responses that I get in-game tend to skip the first 2 Elm responses for the delay that they match in the reporter.

Elm calls/ delay/ Elm responses for the delay
KPEPPE -641 PPKPEPP
KEKPEP -629 KPKEKPEP
PPPEKK -633 EPEPPPEK
PEEEEK -637 PKPEEEEK
etc (kept hitting 633 after that)

So yeah. Is this a settings thing?
It could be NPC's (I don't remember if there are where Mewtwo is), but it sounds like you have 2 active roamers. It's not a settings thing, and if there are neither NPC's nor roamers, it should match up.

It could be NPC's (I don't remember if there are where Mewtwo is), but it sounds like you have 2 active roamers. It's not a settings thing, and if there are neither NPC's nor roamers, it should match up.
Ah yeah it must be the roamers then since they're still ... roaming. Not that it really matters cos I was able to keep track of what frame I was on while still using elm calls. I'm gonna have to repeat the process though since mewtwo killed all my pokes before I could catch it.

I am trying to do RNG manipulation on Generation 4, but I noticed the Encounter Slot web sites, and the Japanese web site for finding SID using Lottery numbers are down. Anyone know any alternatives?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
PikaManiac A different encounter slots website is in my sig (or, here if you can't see my sig), but I'm not sure on the lotto site. If you are just trying to find your SID (and restarting to rng it isn't an option), you can import a Pokemon from that save that you caught/bred yourself into Gen VI and ask someone in the sqsr thread to find your SID.

edit: In case you want to just check your SID yourself, you need to check your imported Pokemon's info in PkHeX after obtaining a pk6 file from KeyBV/KeySAV2.

Last edited:
I'm trying to rng my tid sid in platinum. I've done this before with HG so I'm familiar with the process. However plat is proving to be difficult. I just keep running out of time to ge through all the boring intro stuff. It doesn't matter how fast I mash the buttons, the timer always runs out just seconds before the professor says the words 'now let's leap into the pokemon world.' Is there anything I can do to give myself a bit more time? Cos this is very frustrating.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to rng my tid sid in platinum. I've done this before with HG so I'm familiar with the process. However plat is proving to be difficult. I just keep running out of time to ge through all the boring intro stuff. It doesn't matter how fast I mash the buttons, the timer always runs out just seconds before the professor says the words 'now let's leap into the pokemon world.' Is there anything I can do to give myself a bit more time? Cos this is very frustrating.
Waht delay are you trying to aim to? because if you're aiming for a delay of 5200 or less (IIRC), you will never get it since those won't work in Platinum, unlike HGSS.

Waht delay are you trying to aim to? because if you're aiming for a delay of 5200 or less (IIRC), you will never get it since those won't work in Platinum, unlike HGSS.
The wanted delay is 5008 according to the seed to time window. So yeah I guess I'll change that, thanks.

Hi everyone, I'm trying to RNG a rotom in my (retail) platinum game. I'm using PPRNG 1.15.0 and I found a seed I wanted. I think I hit the correct seed and delay twice, but both times I have been unable to find what frame I'm on. I'm using two chatots with custom cries, though it's somewhat hard to hear the difference.

The seed inspector says my base delay is 3902, and the actual delay is 3888... I'm not sure what the difference is. Using the coin flips I seem to match the 3902 delay, however the flips start a little later than expected (the sequence says THTHHHTTHH.... but I start HHTTHH... so I miss the first couple flips; not sure if that's important or not)

I'm assuming I start on frame 1; no roamers are released. My target frame is 156. After I verified the delay and stuff, I try to use chatots to advance the frame but there is no match when listening to the pitches.

I caught the rotom twice to try to figure out what frame I was on, but was unable to match it either time.

Also, I'm not sure if it's a bug or something, but I'm going for a shiny and there's no star at the 156th frame at stationary encounter (so no star in seed inspector but there is a star in seed searcher)

More info: using zomg timer v2.21
ID 34549 SID 16508

Someone please help! :o

I've a question from ages ago that was never answered:
When receiving your starter Pokemon from Professor Elm in HGSS, do Elm's movements advance frames? I know that random NPC movements advance frames, but I'm not sure whether Professor Elm's do, given that they aren't random NPC movements. I'm going to patiently try to RNG a Totodile by carefully watching NPC movements, counting frame advancements, and booking it to the lab until I get it right...but were I not factoring in Elm when I should be, I'd literally never land it.
Any takers? I am still probably going to try to do this because I am a masochist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)