Team MPL IV Discussion Thread

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
nice discussion thread

s/o to Moosical and Tyke for picking me up this season and allowing me to play for you. It was a really humbling experince to play under two hardworking and chill managers, and thank you for granting me this opportunity.

s/o to the team 1 True Lycan, The Excadrill, Chaitanya, roman, Bitana, Quantum Tesseract, Haaku., King Billu, Zarif, KevinELF, Nailec, Perish Song, and everyone else for literally being some of the best players out there. It was an honor to play alongside some of the best to ever do it and I really hope that I get the opportunity to team with ya'll again in the future, cause hell this was fun to do.

I'm gonna add more shoutouts later, but before that I would like to apologize to the team for being promising early on and then ending up being kinda erratic and downright bad after Week 3. I'm not going to lie, I was super excited and even more nervous to be a part of this MPL, and I can tell you the stress really got to me after week 4 and I never really recovered. It was a massive learning experience for me and really opened my eyes to how I should really play and act in this kind of tournament setting. It's something that I really take to heart, and assure you that I will come back a much more refined player than I was this season; that's a promise.

Last edited:
Both our teams were already out, but I figured better late than never. gg Balto

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-779848867

And I guess here are some shoutouts:

ima Ridley. you guys were pretty cool managers. It was nice to go to you two for test games, but it was kinda funny how you forgot to sub me in for 2 days when soul couldn't play. Regardless, it was nice being on your team

Wincon you were one of our best USUM players, even though it kinda sucked that you had to go up against Submind Psyshock Jirachi with Water. Hopefully you have better luck in MLT along with all the other ladder heroes.

Magma Kiyo you guys really helped me with some test games, so thanks for that. It is kinda unfortunate that Magma only got to play in 2 rounds, but 1-1 isn't all that bad. I also didn't really know Kiyo before this tour, so hopefully we get teamed again sometime.

soulgazer With you being the better BW player, I wasn't sure I'd get all the chances I wanted to show my skills. But it was still nice teambuilding with you. Losing the speed tie against Freeroamer in Week 5 did kinda suck, but you're still awesome.

Cell Megazard mael skysolo14 Mikaav MJ Bedschibaer DBW A lot of you I didn't really know at all before MPL(well I knew DBW, but I didn't have much to say about him). But I still appreciated your encouragement before every game, and I hope to see you guys again in future tours.

Vid I learned most of what I know of Mono BW from you, so thanks very much for that.

The Excadrill you've always been one of the cooler friends I've made on PS, always helping me test random stuff, so thanks for that.

I don't have time to go fully into detail with everyone, so I'll fire off some names: Namranan Guwahavel Perish Song roman[/USER] Tyke Moosical Decemm and also Omega-Xis for hosting the tour
I'd also like to give a big thank you to the entire Monotype staff and auth(outside of CJ because he hurt my feelings one time)

Pretty sure I got all the important ones in there. But anyway, this was the first MPL I ever got to play in, and honestly it was really fun getting to play an older generation of Monotype in a tournament. I'm also really proud of my 3-1 record(technically 2-1 if you don't count the game against balto). So yeah overall I really hope I get to play in another MPL.

Oh right I forgot one more shoutout:
Eien exists too, he's alright

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)