Team MPL VII - Discussion Thread

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Hosts: Perish Song and myself
mpl-vii-350.png

banner by Yours Truly

Welcome to the seventh installment of Monotype Premier League! Monotype's best will be battling across four different generations in order to bring their teams victory.

This thread may be used for tournament discussion. A bit of humor and memes is fine, but Perish and I, as well as the Forum Mods, will make sure anything nasty or in poor taste is dealt with.

Remember: If you cannot be active for a majority of the tournament, then do not sign up.

The format for MPL VI is the following:
  • SS Monotype
  • SS Monotype
  • SS Monotype
  • SM Monotype
  • SM Monotype
  • ORAS Monotype
  • BW Monotype
  • Multigen Bo3 (BW/ORAS/SM/SS)

The managers and teams for this year's Monotype Premier League are: (Team Names are not yet finalized)
Zar & Jyph - Blackthorn Bucks :sawsbuck-summer:
Kev & Floss - Dreamyard Darkrais :darkrai:
dahli & Izaya - Goldenrod Gengars :gengar:
Splash & Conflux - Hau'oli Houndooms :houndoom:
Isza & Wanka - Hearthome Honchkrows :honchkrow:
Maple & Leru - Meteor Falls Miniors :minior:
Mateeus & Jolly Togekiss ^-^ - Mirage Island Milotics :milotic:
LuckyPiper & Crashy - Trick House Treeckos :treecko:

Rules

All battles MUST be played either on Pokémon Showdown! or Smogtours (smogtours.psim.us). No exceptions will be granted if another server is used.

Regular Season
:
The regular season will consist of 7 round robin weeks where each team will play the other 7 teams one at a time. There are 8 matches each round, so ties are a possibility. Each week win is 2 points, a tie is 1 point, and a loss is 0 and will be recorded on the spreadsheet.

Playoffs:
The top 4 teams with the best records will move on into the playoff bracket where the #1 seed will play the #4 seed and the #2 will play the #3. The two victors will move on to the finals, with the victor of that week ultimately crowned the first MPL VI Champion!

*IMPORTANT*
Playoff requirements will mirror that of MPL VI where your overall score will be comprised of week wins and total wins. Each week win is 2 points, a tie is 1 point, and a loss is 0 and will be recorded on the spreadsheet. Playoffs will come down to week wins, total wins, and then a bo3 tiebreaker.

Tiebreaker:
The tiebreaker will consist of 3 games: 1 SS Mono, the other 2 each being chosen by the participating teams. The lower seed chooses the first format followed by the higher seed. If both teams have the same seed, it'll come down to the head-to-head during the regular season.

Substitutions:
If a captain wishes to substitute a player for an inactive one in the lineup, you must post in the week's thread who is subbing in for who. In addition, please make the post highlight the opponent and their Captain so everyone is aware of the substitution that has occurred. If Perish and I feel that you are trying to gain an unfair advantage with your substitute, we hold the right to veto it.

Pre-Week Battling:
Because there is a set schedule generated at the beginning of the season, it is possible to accurately guess what players you will be facing in any given week. However, because the next week’s rosters are not set in stone until the day before the next week, there is no telling what a manager will do with regards to who they slot in one spot… especially if they have more than one player in any given tier. Asking to battle early for future weeks is essentially asking the opposing manager to short themselves options and forces them to make their roster early, perhaps without all of the knowledge they might have gleaned over the course of the week. Due to this, battling early for future weeks is not allowed. Do not ask to battle early for a future week. You will be denied. No exceptions. This is what you have substitutes for.

Trades:
Trades are no longer allowed once Week 1's OP has been posted. Perish and I hold the right to veto any trades we do not think are fair, which happens very rarely.

Activity Decisions:
There will be times when a game is not completed. In these instances, Perish and I will undertake our duty as hosts to make a thorough investigation. If both sides made no effort or have tried to make every effort but could still not make the match happen, the match will simply result in a no contest. If one side made considerably more of an effort to get the match scheduled and done, that player will be awarded a win. Here are some things you can do to ensure that you do not lose your match via activity: Immediately leave your opponent a VM on their profile after you receive the highlight, do not miss you and your opponent’s schedule time, provide your opponent with concrete times (and your timezone) when you can be reached and reply to your opponent’s VM if they contacted you before you were able to contact them. We highly recommend scheduling via Smogon profile walls only as this is public information and strengthens our ability to make accurate activity calls. Scheduling via Discord or Smogon private messages is not public to the hosts.

Reverse Rulings:
Rulings will not be reversed unless it is immediately appealed and Perish and I overlooked a critical piece of evidence. After it is posted in the Administration thread, we reserve the right to reverse the judgment within 12 hours of the decision going public in order to get the best outcome of each situation.

Bo3 Order:
The first game of the Bo3 will be SS. Perish and I will generate a !pr with the other three playable tiers, (SM, ORAS, and BW) and the tier that is picked will be locked in. The loser of game 1 will pick the tier for game 2 and the loser of game 2 will pick the remaining generation.

Other general Smogon tournament rules apply, any evidence of violating them will result in an immediate ban.

The draft will be occurring on (insert date and time here)!

Last edited:
TREECKOS DISCORD https://discord.gg/7GR42kaXrs

I will be doing tryouts in the form of Anime Trivia. There will be a cash prize (50$ or 100$) depends on some things. It'll be in a week or 2 good luck gamers.

Alternatively Crashy will be doing tryouts in the form of Monotype battles.
1623663156348.png

i was unjustly banned for no reason from this discord how can you let these cretins be managers if they cant run a discord properly

Dieu Amphibien

I COULD BE BANNED!
even if i'm not manager and tbh idk why (if someone has an explanation??), i'm doing logos for the teams!!!

Zar Jyph Here is your OFFICIAL (that means you can't change it for the rest of the tournament, unless you pay me a $5700 commission) logo
1623670300318.png

for all the other managers, dont hesitate to ask a me a amazing logo for ur team by myself for FREE

Cell

Birth By Sleep
MPL Champion
Already put in a request for mods to correct some of the content from the admin thread post (and they've agreed to adjust some parts), but I'd like to clarify some things since most people are probably only going to read the original version and it paints a pretty inaccurate version of what actually happened.

"he was complicit in the streaming of a private chat in the Monotype Discord"

The person who streamed the private channel already admitted to it, and despite being in the call where it took place, I did not encourage or assist him in any way. He doesn't need help from me to start up a stream on discord, so I was not an accomplice (a person who helps another commit a crime). In that call I did absolutely nothing wrong and shouldn't be punished for something someone else did without evidence proving otherwise (I mean this as an explanation for what I did, not an excuse).

"attempting to blackmail a Forum Mod in order to regain access"

My desired message of "if I don't like your decision, I'm going to someone with more authority" was misconstrued as blackmail due to the phrasing. I understand how that interpretation was possible, which is the main reason I won't be disputing my removal. I did not mean for my message to be taken that way, so I've apologized to Zap in PMs.

I also want to give a public apology to my co-manager (Sae) and anyone else I made plans with.

Last edited:
I see that managers can still be replaced so me and Attribute will be managing. remove whoever you want we don’t care. Izaya makes the most sense because gengars have a great legacy and finishing in last would hurt that legacy deeply. Removing zarif would also make sense because it’s zarif

Join woa for tryouts glgl

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Already put in a request for mods to correct some of the content from the admin thread post (and they've agreed to adjust some parts), but I'd like to clarify some things since most people are probably only going to read the original version and it paints a pretty inaccurate version of what actually happened.

"he was complicit in the streaming of a private chat in the Monotype Discord"

The person who streamed the private channel already admitted to it, and despite being in the call where it took place, I did not encourage or assist him in any way. He doesn't need help from me to start up a stream on discord, so I was not an accomplice (a person who helps another commit a crime). In that call I did absolutely nothing wrong and shouldn't be punished for something someone else did without evidence proving otherwise (I mean this as an explanation for what I did, not an excuse).

"attempting to blackmail a Forum Mod in order to regain access"

My desired message of "if I don't like your decision, I'm going to someone with more authority" was misconstrued as blackmail due to the phrasing. I understand how that interpretation was possible, which is the main reason I won't be disputing my removal. I did not mean for my message to be taken that way, so I've apologized to Zap in PMs.

I also want to give a public apology to my co-manager (Sae) and anyone else I made plans with.
Y'all really picked this guy to manage instead of me and Skysolo... Our Miniors wouldn't have had these issues #facts :swole:

LAST LOGOS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ban him for his poor drawings.
Really, I'm serious or no, even better, draft him to make him the best MPL bench-warmer will never have had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)