MPU's 2nd Super Awesome Totally Radtastic Name it Yourself OU RMT!

Welcome to my second OU RMT, and unlike the other, this one has no team name. I want the reader to name it. Anyway, this team is my second version of my very successful B.Y.O.B team, which got me from a low 1020 on Shoddy Battle to a 1480 by the time the Pokemon Lab was released. Anyway, like my last team, this one is all about attacking power, ignoring setting up attacks except stat-raising attacks. The diversity on the team is exceptionally well. Now, lets get to the team with my team building process.

The first lead is used was in the first OU RMT, and it was Azelf. Azelf was an amazing lead, but I didn't think it fit the criteria of my team very well. I wanted more of an attacker and a faster one at that, so I then chose Aerodactyl over Azelf. Being the fastest SR in the game, I still wasn't happy with it, even thought it did have Taunt, a Move thought necessary. I then chose Machamp, which was also an amazing lead, but the speed and weakness to common leads got me frustrated. Which brings me to my the Lead I'm using now. Instead of choosing something new, I thought back in time, to my first Pokemon team, and my most successful lead. This lead is Weavile.

Then, I decided that I needed a Priority Attacker. The only good Priority Attacker that I could think of was Sczior, which I have had amazing time with.

Next, I needed a powerful Special Attacker. I knew who I wanted for the job, the same Pokemon I've used on basically every pokemon team I've ever used. That Pokemon is Gengar.

Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock can get very annoying after a while. I need someone to take them out while still doing a whole lot of damage. The only pokemon that can deliver in that manner is Starmie.

Finally, I decided that I need two sweepers, as one just isn't enough for me. I wanted two different Sweepers who have different types of attackers and their sweeping moves serve different purposes. The two moves I wanted to revolve around were Dragon Dance and Agility. after thinking about typing differences and weaknesses, I go with Dragonite and Metagross.

So, without further waiting, here is the team!

Weavile @ Life Orb
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
Jolly Nature
Pressure​

Substitute
Focus Punch
Ice Punch
Night Slash​

Weavile was the first Pokemon I used as a Lead ever since I started playing about three years ago. The secret behind this set and it's success is that it is so unpredicted and more original that you don't know what to expect. Weavile is the fastest SubPuncher in the game, with amazing speed and attack base stats. So many people over the years have told me that this set is terrible, but they haven't tried it as a lead. I personally think it can do better as an Substitute for Breloom, but I don't have any room on the team for it. Anyway, I substitute when they set up a Stealth Rock or another move similar, and then go into the FP. Night Slash is for mainly for Azelf types like that, though Pursuit can work just as well. Finally, I chose Ice Punch over Ice Shard due for Weavile having great speed and for more power. It can be a problem if Flygon comes in, but other than that, Weavile is an unexpected but excellent lead.​

Other Leads vs. Weavile:​

Azelf: Sub and Night Slash.
Machamp: Switch out into Gengar to take the DP, and then into Sczior.
Infernape: Let it Set up SR while I Sub. If it goes right for an attack, I go to Starmie.
Aerodactyl: Problem. I hope it sets up SR and not Taunt, otherwise I go to Starmie.
Ninjask: Sub on it's sub, and then Ice Punch.
Metagross: Sub on the SR and then FP. If it Bullet Punches, I go to Starmie.
Gliscor: Sub and Ice Punch.
Jirachi: Problem if it has Trick. I usually switch out into Starmie to take whatever it has.
Roserade: Sub so it can't put me to Sleep.
Crobat: Big problem. I usually will switch into Starmie if it Taunts.
Skarmory: Very annoying. I can sub on its SR or Spikes, but it has roost. I play by whether or not it is carrying Brave Bird. If it doesn't have BB, I switch into DNite to get off a DD and then Fire Punch, which does significant damage or gets a OHKO.
Smeargle: Sub and FP.​

Scizor @ Choice Band
252 Atk/252 HP/4 Speed
Adamant Nature
Technician​

Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Pursuit
Brick Break​

Scizor is the priority attacker of this team. Bullet Punch is the main attack move, with the power to OHKO Pokemon such as Gengar, Tyranitar, and Gallade, while even doing decent damage to pokemon who resist Steel. Pursuit is used to make sure that nothing can escape without taking some damage (Such as Ghost and Psychic types), U-Turn is so that I can get out of trouble while probably getting around the opponent's pokemon to half health, and Brick Break is to get rid of all defensive barriers, which can be annoying to this team.​

Gengar @ Life Orb
252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
Timid Nature
Levitate​

Substitute
Pain Split
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast​

(Copied from my last OU RMT)​

Gengar is my one of two special attackers on this team, the other being Starmie. He'll usually come in when one of my Pokemon are KO'd that also forces the opponent to switch out. When they switch out, I set up the substitute, which then allows me to either Focus Blast or Shadow Ball for at least a free turn (minus the Life Orb damage, which speeds up the time I can Pain Split). When my HP gets low enough, I pull out the Pain Split, while although I get usually get KO'd in the process, it usually can pull down the opponent's HP to about half.​

Starmie @ Life Orb
252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
Timid Nature
Natural Cure​

Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin​

Starmie is my other Special Attacker of this team. He has completely different attacks, amazing speed, and the ability to Rapid Spin away Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rocks. With Life Orb, he can do some serious damage to many things. Hydro Pump take care of T-Tar and do decent damage to Swampert. T-Bolt checks Gyarados, and Ice Beam takes care of Hippowdon.​

Dragonite @ Life Orb
252 HP/52 Atk/204 Speed
Adamant Nature
Inner Focus​

Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Outrage
Waterfall​

Dragon Dance Dragonite is, in my opinion, the best Dragon Dancer in the metagame today. His bulk and large HP play a factor in this. Most DD sets have Roost and Earthquake, but I wanted a different set other than the usual ones. My Metagross has Earthquake, so I chose Waterfall in this set. I didn't want Roost, so I chose Fire Punch instead. Outrage does 10 more damage, so I chose that instead of Dragon Claw. This set has been very affective for me.​

Metagross @ Lum Berry
72 HP/232 Atk/40 Def/164 Speed
Adamant Nature
Clear Body​

Agility
Thunderpunch
Earthquake
Meteor Mash​

From the time I started playing Pokemon competitively about 3 years ago, my favorite and most affective late game sweeper has been Agiligross. One agility will double the speed of Metagross, which will allow it to outrun just every Non-Scarfed pokemon in OU, and most commonly Scarfed Pokemon, with the exception of Flygon. From there, I proceed to sweep. STAB Meteor Mash can OHKO a lot of Pokemon, while Earthquake takes care of Infernape and Thunderpunch takes care of Gyarados. One Attack Boost from MM and it's basically Good Game, because it gives Metagross 600 Attack. I really only run into problems with Swampert and Rotom Formes.​

Well, this is the team. Thank you for reading and I'm open to any Constructive Critisism.​

Hi, just thought I would say good team! But I has some suggestions
I think you should take a little off of Weaviles Atk and Spe and put it into HP so your Sub's have more survivability (If you think necessary). Also for Starmie you should replace Hydro Pump with Surf. Surf will OHKO all the things Hydro Pump can but with much better accuracy. A replacement for Gengars Focus Blast might be Energy Ball or T-Bolt to deal with Bulk Grounds or Rapid Spinners.

Good team over all though, except for two more things:
1. The Pokemon in this team are seen often and will be countered/blocked relatively easily so maybe some trade offs if necessary.
2. You put Dragonites Ability as Poison Heal? I think it's Inner Focus :)

Hope I helped!

If you want to run a pure offensive nite you could try this spread:
Jolly @ life orb
4Hp/252Atk/252Spe

It uses the same moves as the one you currently have but only sets up one dance. I've used it before and seen it in other places. If you want to stick with bulky nite roost really helps set up two or more dances. It makes nite a real pain to take down and you can roost off damage from SR.

Hi, just thought I would say good team! But I has some suggestions
I think you should take a little off of Weaviles Atk and Spe and put it into HP so your Sub's have more survivability (If you think necessary). Also for Starmie you should replace Hydro Pump with Surf. Surf will OHKO all the things Hydro Pump can but with much better accuracy. A replacement for Gengars Focus Blast might be Energy Ball or T-Bolt to deal with Bulk Grounds or Rapid Spinners.

Good team over all though, except for two more things:
1. The Pokemon in this team are seen often and will be countered/blocked relatively easily so maybe some trade offs if necessary.
2. You put Dragonites Ability as Poison Heal? I think it's Inner Focus :)

Hope I helped!
Thank you for the advice. Sadly, I've tried putting on less speed and less attack for more HP, but Weavile has such bad Defense that it doesn't matter in most situations. Also, I've tried Surf on Starmie over everything Hydro Pump. Hydro Pump has the power to OHKO Gengar, which is a serious threat to my team if I don't take it out with Starmie. Surf does about 85% to it, which is the same that TBolt and Ice Beam do to it. It also does about 40% to Swampert compared to 25%, which is another serious threat.

The two other things:

1. I know. That's why I have to get an idea of what my opponent is using, or I get thrown off easily. i can counter any team If I know what it is in advance (Example: BP teams can be a challenge if I don't know they are BP teams in advance, same with stall teams). If I get the Jist of what type of team I'm playing, I can play around it.

2. Again, since Haunter deleted my posts (I know they were spammish), I copied the format of this team off of my other team. I had to make some edits from before.

Thank you for the critisism.

If you want to run a pure offensive nite you could try this spread:
Jolly @ life orb
4Hp/252Atk/252Spe

It uses the same moves as the one you currently have but only sets up one dance. I've used it before and seen it in other places. If you want to stick with bulky nite roost really helps set up two or more dances. It makes nite a real pain to take down and you can roost off damage from SR.
Bulkier Dragonite can deal with a lot more, as it won't get 2HKO'd from a T-Bolt and sometimes won't even get 1HKO'd from a Non-Life Orb'd Ice Beam. I've also tried Special Dragonite, but I've had the most success with this Dragonite set. Thank you for the critisism.

If you're going to run a BulkyDnite, I'd highly suggest adding Roost and Dragon Claw to help his survivability.
Otherwise, go all out and do what Rogan suggested. Going in between Bulky and Offensive Dnite isn't the most effective option IMO.

I also think Weavile isn't a necessary option.
You cover Dragon types fairly well with your current team, and I think it would benefit a lot more with Infernape.
I personally think he fits the lead role better than Weavile, and gives your team some better coverage.
Stealth Rocks are always a nice addition, unless you wanted to keep the substitute option you have going.
I think the Endeavor lead would work pretty well, since it'll give your priority and almost always guarantee a KO.

Infernape
@Focus Sash
Naive/Hasty
252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe (0 HP /0 Def / 0 SpD IVS)

-Stealth Rock
-Endeavor
-Vacuum Wave
-Overheat / Fire Blast
Otherwise, you can run the standard LeadApe. Infernape can also give your Dnite some breathing room, as you won't have to rely on his Fire Punch and can give him other options.

I like the mix with a Bulky but Powerful Dragonite. Also, he is more of a Suicide Sweeper. That's why I also have Metagross.
And, I will try the Infernape lead right now. I used to use him as a lead on another team, with decent success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)