BW NU Mr. 2 Bon Kurei

Introduction

Hi guys, Raseri here with my 3rd NU RMT. This team has served me well for the entirety of its existence, peaking at #1 on the ladder for a brief moment until FLCL decided to do another match and pass me :(. As many of you know, my activity has been all over the place the past few months. School, work, unemployment, I've disappeared for a week, had 16 hour days on IRC. Anyways, this team came to be at the peak of my activity, I was on the bus on my way home from work when I thought "Skuntank and CBApe sounds like a cool core, u-turn our of ghosts and psychics and pursuit trap them." Surprisingly this strategy worked very well, and made me scrap my Shiftry team and go for #1. With tier changes coming up and my activity dropping again (damn 40 hour work weeks), I've decided to retire this team and let it serve as an example for bulky offensive teams in this metagame :). And with the NU open a few months away, I need to start preparing so I don't lose round one again!

Seismitoad (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Toxic

Seismitoad is definitely the pokemon I lead with the most. It wrecks most common leads and has very few bad matchups. Earth Power reliably 2hkos Scolipede, as well as harming Jynx. It is also my primary answer to Grounded poison-types. Hydro Pump hits ground / Rocks, forcing them to choose between SR and their lives if they have sturdy, and dying outright if they don't. Unfortunately, Piloswine and Regirock (i think) can survive hydro pump and set up SR, but fail to do anything of note to Seismitoad. Grass Knot lures other toads which are a problem to my team. It also hits water types like samurott which is cool. Toxic lets me hit mola, cradily, and other things that i can't beat.

Golem @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 56 Spd / 252 Atk / 200 HP
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Blast

Golem is my SRer, 2nd electric check, flying check, weak mon check, and random sponge. Golem just does so many things that no other Pokemon can do combined. I rarely lead with it because it has so many bad matchups against common leads. Instead I wait until I get a free turn and use that opportunity to set up SR. All of its moves are standard, EQ is a reliable STAB move. Rock Blast hits sub users, armaldo, as well as glitching Treecko. Sucker Punch is priority and does chip damage to lots of threats. Nothing spectacular, just reliable.

Musharna @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Spd / 240 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Every Raseri team needs a Mush! I'd argue that every team is better with one, but that's just me. Mush serves as my Fighting counter, as well as my switch in to almost anything without an SE move. Musharna is my favourite pivot, I come in, Moonlight, and switch out with all my health and some momentum. Heal Bell lets me take on bulky teams a lot better, and Thunder Wave is to cripple offensive teams so Primeape can sweep. Musharna Top S, Scolipede does nothing.

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

I've made fun of Skuntank a lot lately for being bad and not stopping anything, But I take that back. Skuntank stops a few things decently well. It is my switch in to eggy, mush, jynx, missy, shiftry, tangela, TROPIUS, etc. It doesn't always win, buy it can stop them from running over my team. It stops nearly every CBApe check, coming in on u-turn and pursuiting / sucker punch them. Taunt lets me stop heal bells and set up moves, as well as make it easier to attack opponents. Poison jab lets me hit fighting types and grasses which is cool i guess. Aftermath owns too :)

Primeape @ Choice Band
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

CBApe rules CB Sawk suks. More speed + uturn + still hitting like a truck makes me want to use ape on nearly every team. The purpose of this set is simple. Use CC as much as i can or uturn if mush / ghost is going to come in. Ice Punch and SE are mainly filler bbut they hit Golurk / Zard / Articuno which is cool. U-turn gives me all the momentum ever. Its kinda frail but so strong its awesome use it everyone :).

Braviary (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Toxic
- Substitute

Braviary was the last member added to the team, but it ended up being the MVP in most of my battles. When I had 5 mons chosen I saw I had a weakness to anything physical that could beat mush. So after I thinking long and hard I saw that Braviary had 100/75 defences and immediatly tried it out because of its great typing and roost. Braviary is still strong with 0 investment and 2HKOs Golurk with BB, and does a lot of damage to everything. SubToxic stalls Alomomola, and keeps defensive teams from running over me. Sometimes I wish i had Whirlwind, Bulk Up, or u-turn, but i've found these moves give me the best overall coverage against the meta and allow it to be the perfect glue to my team.

credit to FLCL for the art :)

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
make your braviary max spdef so you can stall out eelektross which can usually switch moves to own your two ground types with giga drain and then proceed to hit everything hard

make your braviary max spdef so you can stall out eelektross which can usually switch moves to own your two ground types with giga drain and then proceed to hit everything hard
my issue with making braviary special defensive is that it makes me a lot weaker to Golurk, as well as normal types. Braviary is my favourite Kanga and Tauros check as well. Mush can do it, but Braviary gives me a second answer. Eel is a big threat, but I've had few issues playing around it with proper predicton. I'll try spdef brav out though

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hiya Raseri, fun team ya got there!

I would agree with FLCL's change regardless, as most of the threats that you have mentioned are easy enough to be handled by Golem and Musharna as they can usually take 2-3 consecutive hits and retaliate effectively well. Musharna can cripple most of them with Thunder Wave, which in turn allows you to heal and stall them out better.

If you still do have further concerns of the offensive threats that you have mentioned, however, I believe that Kangaskhan would be a fine spot over Primeape. It doesn't have the momentum capabilities that Primeape has, but it has the ability to revenge kill most of the offensive threats that were mentioned with its advent of priority, which can be really useful when the time is necessary. One of the most important factors with this change is that it can hit Golurk with Double-Edge due to Scrappy without having to rely on a timely coverage move for your opponent to take advantage of. Kangaskhan also fits well with the win condition of the team as you seem to have several ways of luring physical walls with the help of Toxic, with in turn allows Kangaskhan to perform its job better.

Hope I helped, bud~

Braviary: Careful nature > Impish

• Kangaskhan over Primeape
Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf | Scrappy
Adamant or Jolly nature | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Double-Edge / Fake Out / Earthquake / Sucker Punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)