Multi Battle Tower Team

Hi there, I hope this is appropriate in this forum (the rules mentioned that Battle Tower teams are allowed). If not, please feel free to lock.

I've been trying to get a good streak in Multi+CP Battle Tower, but it has actually been much harder than I expected. I breezed through Double and Multi+Friend just fine, but my highest streak in Multi+CP was in the 40s.

This is my current team.

Garchomp @ Yache
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 att, 252 sd, 4 spdef
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Scizor @ Occa
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 80 hp, 252 att, 176 spd
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break

There isn't a lot of originality here. The idea is that my partner would have a flier or levitator to start off so I can spam Garchomp's earthquake; if both enemy mon are flying or levitating can use rock slide; outrage for STAB; fire blast for steels.

And since Garchomp's likely to go down to a dragon or ice move, I have a steel type (here Scizor) to take whatever it is on, hopefully revenge killing with bullet punch. Brick break is nice to have for Blissey and Snorlax.

I think my biggest issues are (1) my Pokemon don't hit hard enough when they need to and (2) because I am not good at predicting what my partner does, sometimes I pick the wrong enemy mon to attack. Too often I would find myself in the situation where my Scizor has to face off against two opposing pokes...not a good situation for someone who doesn't have a multi-target move.

I have considered replacing Garchomp with adamant Salamence and/or Scizor with adamant Metagross. But Salamence doesn't get STAB on earthquake so what would be a OHKO for Garchomp would be a 2HKO, which is quite costly in a double battle. OTOH it could intimidate in the first turn. I am just unfamiliar with Metagross in general and don't know what a good EV spread for BT would be. I also considered replacing Garchomp with adamant Swampert for synergy with Scizor, but Swampert is slow and doesn't get a priorty move.

Thoughts and feedback are very welcome. Thank you.

ETA: Tweaked the team a bit and got the streak I needed. Different strategies do wonders!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)