Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Thanks to having access to both disguise and prankster, it can switch into fully buffed sweepers and guarantee a double KO situation since prankster's interaction with destiny bond is causes it to always be active assuming you're slower. Preferably you would just use this set to get a KO against something normally using disguise then KO whatever comes into revenge kill you with destiny bond.

toxtricity.gif

Toxtricity @ galvanize
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic

Buffed by Punk Rock, Galvanize and your newly acquired STAB bonus, Boomburst hits like a truck. Sometimes I'll even pair it with a Tapu Koko set focused on baiting in-ground types and taking them out while also setting up Electric Terrain to further boost Boomburst power. Toxic is the one move capable of really punishing ground-type switch-ins and as a bonus, it can't miss.

Okay first of all a shoutout to Andad for coming up with this stuff, it's ingenius in a way.

There's a bug regarding the combination of Slow Start and Trace, which leads to Trace continuously updating itself, which poses the following problems:
-The Ability ALWAYS matches with the opponent's active Pokemon.
-Abilities such as Intimidate will activate multiple times.
-Drops enormous walls of text.
-Enables the opponent to stall YOUR timer. Meaning you'll lose due to inactivity.
(I'm eternally grateful for the timer being switched off before that happened.)

TraceCantGetitGoing.PNG

I still very much prefer it over facing that Moody Kyurem and Shadow Tag Toxapex that people had been using ever since the sets had been dropped here.

Last edited:
:sirfetch Trick Room :hatterene:

With bug fixes rescuing the metagame, I wanted to share a fun team that has been working well for me in weather and priority spam meta.

Click for team!

The team is pretty straightforward TR with some anti-offense elements like Scarf Ditto and Psychic Surge + Dazzling Crawdaunt. One set I want to highlight is the Sirfetch'd set:

Sirfetch’d @ tintedlens :sirfetch
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Close Combat
- First Impression
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Scrappy + Tinted Lens makes for the most spammable CCs ever. This set only really needs one moveslot to function, since behind TR this mon is just going to be clicking one move, but the item makes First Impression actually a somewhat reliable revenge killing move.

Hope you give the team a try, it's a lot of fun to pilot. Yes, it loses to stall, but everything loses to stall! That will be the topic of my next post. Until then, happy laddering!

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
:ss/skuntank:Stench and King's Rock have been quickbanned!:ss/slowking:
Stench has proven an uncompetitive force in the metagame, having an unacceptably high chance to Flinch when used with Multi-Hit moves. A 5-hit Stench move has an innate ~40% chance to Flinch, while a Serene Grace boosted one caps out at ~67% for 5 hits. The sole purpose of this ability is to put the game in the hands of RNG, which is antithetical to Smogon's tiering.
Due to the variety of abusers including Skill Link users like Cloyster, Beat Up Weavile, and even Skuntank it is unrealistic to expect users to prepare for every possible user of Stench.

King's Rock is being banned based both off of the precedent and reasoning OU set and because of the same reasoning given above: it is solely used to push the game into being decided by RNG.

In Other News...
:groudon-primal:Primordial Sea and Desolate Land have been temporarily banned.:kyogre-primal:
This is entirely due to the coding difficulties they are presenting and they will be unbanned when these technical difficulties are resolved. If they prove too good at that juncture we will have a discussion on them at that time.

:rayquaza-mega: Delta Stream is joining Primordial Sea and Desolate Land as a temporary ban for the exact same reason.

The primal weather abilities have been unbanned due to the technical difficulties they were presenting being resolved.

Tagging Kris to let him know that thing he tried to beat me with yesterday is getting banned ;)

Last edited:

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
ok, i am asking for a ban of tinted lens, it's way too broken
Do you have any context/examples to provide? It isn't very productive to just say "x is broken" and not put in any effort to explain why you think so. There are no absolutes, so if you truly believe an element is banworthy it's on you to try and prove it.

To avoid double posting, I guess I'll share my team here:

:Skarmory::Hippowdon::Buzzwole::Tapu Fini::Blissey::Mandibuzz:
https://pokepast.es/f89b2d388d24c38e

This team has done pretty well in the short time that the ladder has been up (peaked #1 if you care to know that kind of thing), but mainly I just wanted to share my thoughts on stall as it stands in this meta. Frankly, I do not believe it's necessary to run double regen on bulky teams--in fact, in a lot of cases double regen is probably prone to getting switch-stalled by balance teams and failing to find a viable wincon. Anyway, the idea behind this team was to build around Regenerator Stallbreaker Tapu Fini. Mainly I wanted to abuse the effective immunity to status + ability to trap Toxapex and random non-Magic Bounce bulky stuff all in one slot. Additionally, Misty Terrain means you can switch Tapu Fini in to remove Psychic Terrain from things like Tapu Lele, then go Blissey to better tank the attacks (adapt Lele is tuff tho). The rest of the team is just filling in slots for the most part. SkarmBliss is broken and pretty much brainlessly blank checks physical/special setup mons and Hippowdon makes sure that Victini doesn't 6-0 from lead :]. The Mandibuzz...Honestly, I'm not sure what that does but it ppstalls fire-types or something so I kept it LOL. Feel free to use this on the ladder and/or use some of the ideas to build your own better team!

Last edited:
dropping off an great defensive core/backbone

Quagsire @ Prankster
Ability: Unaware
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Haze

Blissey (F) @ Regenerator
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Shadow Ball
- Stealth Rock

Corviknight @ delta stream
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

These three mons pair together very well, enabling you to pivot with ease. You can opt for more defense on the corviknight because this is just from a team i've been using. Quagsire can eat at least 1 phsyical attack from most attackers in the metagame and shut down setup sweepers with prankster haze. Shadow ball is extremely good on blissey against the common threats of gengar and blacephalon. Regenerator+ Natural cure also absorbs status for the team which is massive in a metagame with no guard hypnosis. Delta stream corv is just a very solid pivot and defogger. Overall, this core is extremely good but don't use it on stall teams (please).

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the opposing team shouldn't be able to have double prankster and double triage?
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8multibility-1428153299

It says in the intro to this meta:
Clauses:
2 Ability Clause: You may use no more than two of any ability. This takes both your standard ability slot and your second, item slot ability into account.

Sorry if I'm reporting this in the wrong place too?

:)

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the opposing team shouldn't be able to have double prankster and double triage?

Clauses:
2 Ability Clause: You may use no more than two of any ability. This takes both your standard ability slot and your second, item slot ability into account.

The clause you just posted explains word for word why the replay you posted is legal.

Clauses:

I believe that it’s more like “You can not share the same ability in the same ability slot”, which would explain why Buzzwole and Comfey have Triage, but Buzzwole has it in the item slot and Comfey has it in the main ability slot.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I believe that it’s more like “You can not share the same ability in the same ability slot”, which would explain why Buzzwole and Comfey have Triage, but Buzzwole has it in the item slot and Comfey has it in the main ability slot.
No. You can have two Pokemon with Triage in the item slot, two Pokemon with Triage in the ability slot, OR one Pokemon with Triage in the item slot and one pokemon with Triage in the ability slot. That sums up to two. The clause says 2. There's no hidden meaning, There's literally not an alternative way to interpret that clause. Please move on.

Thank you all for replying so quick! Thank you for the clarification.

Although I've got to admit, Regenerator is literally everywhere. Maybe restricting it to just one mon can have it on a team? It's mindless switching that's ruining it for me.

Garchomp @ Regenerator
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic
Thoughts on this set I came up with? I EV'd it to outspeed base 90 mons, but I'm not sure if I should either go max speed or invest less in it. Either way, it fills mostly the same role Tankchomp does normally, punishing physical attackers for existing and throwing down rocks and stuff, but with the added benefit of Regenerator giving it pretty reliable recovery

Guys, am I doing something wrong?
1633223760039.png

1633223850311.png

I can't get it to work, this is the team, but I have two rough skin users so it should be legal, no? :(

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8multibility-1428260438
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8multibility-1428266082
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8multibility-1428267532

Instant access to speed doubling abilities has been and never will be balanced. I'm more surprised than anything that they weren't quickbanned from the meta's inception. Venusaur is the main offender, but as I show in the latter replays, Beartic is also a viable weather sweeper/wallbreaker.

but yeah plz quickban this stuff it's degenerate af

No. You can have two Pokemon with Triage in the item slot, two Pokemon with Triage in the ability slot, OR one Pokemon with Triage in the item slot and one pokemon with Triage in the ability slot. That sums up to two. The clause says 2. There's no hidden meaning, There's literally not an alternative way to interpret that clause. Please move on.
Thanks for making that clear.

To not make this a one-liner
:Pangoro: / :Hawlucha:
Pangoro @ Triage
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat
- Iron Head
Hawlucha @ Triage
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Roost
These 2 are pretty good choices for priority abusers with Triage+Mold Breaker that bypasses QM/Dazzling that otherwise would block Drain Punch. They are also the only Fully Evolved Pokemon to get the combo of Mold Breaker+Drain Punch. What also seperates them from other Triage users like Buzzwole is access to Sword Dance and other traits.
Pangoro’s offensive typing lets it hit Ghost super effectively and hit Poison types like Toxapex with neutral coverage, something Buzzwole can only hit with non-STABs and only with bulk up and beast boost atk increases. Hawlucha is also able to hit Ghost and Poison types without much issue and it’s also able to outspeed the likes of Gengar/Froslass, although at the cost of an Adamant nature.
Some other Sword Dance+Drain Punch (additionally Nasty Plot+Giga Drain) users you can use;
:Mienshao: Third fastest and has Regenerator for extra longevity
:Kommo-o: Has really good bulk and also has options like Belly Drum and Clang Soul
:Lucario: Can catch people off guard since it can run -Ates for Extreme Speed or go as a Special Attacker
:Toxicroak: Has Dry Skin and Gunk Shot too
:Celebi: Classic Triage user in AAA and has the bonus of having Natural Gift too
:Tapu Bulu: Also a classic, but with Horn Leech instead of Drain Punch. It also has the benefit of keeping Grassy Terrain in this meta, which also means removing Psychic Terrain (but not QM/Dazzline. Also I still would rather use Zarude with Grassy Surge instead honestly because of U-turn being that good)

And i'm already testing few sets:

Garchomp @ Regenerator
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 240 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

This set is completely wall by Heatran Levitate but it ensures a good maintenance of the match against Toxapex and Corviknight / Celesteela with Volt Absorb and has sufficient bulk to be 2HKO by Urshifu Adaptability.

Weavile @ Technician
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Beat Up
- Ice Shard

After a SD, it can just annihilate any pokemon that doesn't have a solid bulk and Beat Up is seen as a great option at the start of the match.
And we can even try to play it Adamant to be more sure of an OS on Clefable / Toxapex.

Tapu Lele @ Tinted Lens
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss

A rather funny set which with a minimum of bulk can last long enough thanks to Draining Kiss.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)