Pet Mod Multiverse [Done]

Pokémon: Crawdaunt
Niche: XY UU
Stats: 63 / 115 / 85 / 90 / 55 / 60 (-5 Atk, +5 Spe)
Type:
Water
Dark

Abilities: Hyper Cutter / Shell Armor / Adaptability
New Moves:
Removed Moves: Close Combat, Liquidation

Description: Ever since getting adaptability, Crawdaunt has been a great breaker that threatens slow teams and can effectively revenge kill against offense. I don’t think it needs many adjustments to do just fine in this meta. I toned its attack down slightly because nothing switches into it well right now bar Forretress, which suffers greatly from losing its leftovers, and improved speed a little so it retains the ability to invest in it to outspeed defensive mons. Its modern tools would push it over the line imo, so I removed them.

Pokémon: Manectric
Niche: DPP NU
Stats: 70 / 75 / 60 / 110 / 60 / 110 (+5 Spa, +5 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Static / Lightning Rod
New Moves:
Removed Moves:

Description
: Since we don’t have an electric-type yet, I might as well submit the only one from gen 3 (bar plusle and minun). Since its niche amongst similar special attackers has always been the ability to handle grass types with flamethrower/overheat, I gave it a fire typing. Other than that, it has all the tools to be an excellent pivot already. The strength of its stab combination should be lowered with the likely addition of a dragon in the near future.

Pokémon: Shelgon (No eviolite)
Niche: RS NU
Stats: 80 / 115 / 120 / 95 / 75 / 75 (+15 HP, +20 Atk / Def, +35 SpA, +25 SpDef / Spe)
Type:
Dragon

Abilities: Rock Head / Overcoat
New Moves: Blind Crash (Dragon type Double-Edge), Wild Charge, Iron Head
Removed Moves:

Description: Shelgon's tragedy was being given Rock Head, but with no other move than Double-Edge to abuse it with. It would run it on Dragon Dance sets just to have a strong attack to hit neutrally with, in the absence of a usable stab. I tried to fix these problems by making Double-Edge Dragon type, meaning it can spam away after a DD with few resistances getting in the way. I kept Overcoat, which it did not have back then, because we already have 3 Sleep Powder users in the tier, but offensive sets will most likely prefer Rock Head. Overall buff to stats means it becomes a decent mon, physically bulky like it was back in the day, and also makes its special coverage relevant against Forretress and Golem. Iron Head is here in anticipation of the sure-to-come fairies.

Pokémon: Grumpig
Niche: BW NU
Stats: 100 / 45 / 75 / 90 / 135 / 80 (+20 HP, +10 Def, +25 SpDef)
Type:

Abilities: Thick Fat / Own Tempo / Glutonny
New Moves: Moonblast, Moonlight, Teleport, Nature’s Madness
Removed Moves:

Description: Grumpig was a somewhat unique special wall, as a Psychic type with elemental resistances. I’ve given it the Fairy typing to go with it, partly because we don’t have one yet and also because Knock Off had not been buffed back in Gen 5, which meant its Dark weakness was less relevant than it would be in a current metagame. It also gains recovery, though not the best, and teleport to give it more utility. Nature’s Madness is to prevent Grumpig from being too passive ; you could also go Calm Mind. Overall I think this would be a neat special tank to check a lot of the special attackers we’ve added, including Articuno and Houndoom.

Last edited:

Pokémon: Regice
Niche: ADV OU - Special Tank
Stats: 90/50/100/100/200/50 (+10 HP)
Type:

Abilities: Clear Body/Filter
New Moves: Overcharge (Electric-type Explosion), Flame Burst
Removed Moves: Rock Polish

Descriptions: ADV Regice has a fun niche as probably one of history's only OU-viable defensive Ice-types, boasting a hefty SpDef stat and a hard-hitting BoltBeam, as well as the option to Explode on other special walls. An Electric dual-typing strengthens its Bolts to pair with its Beams, as well as shoring up its Steel weakness to better combat the new special threat on the block Noctowl. Giving Regice Filter further helps alleviate some of its awful defensive type's limit on its tanking. A new STAB Explosion helps make up for the removal of the move's defense-halving. The removal of Rock Polish keeps Regice pushed towards the defensive-tank role it played in ADV.

Pokémon: Clamperl
Niche: USUM LC - Shell Smash
Stats: 70/64/120/74/90/42 (+35 HP & Def & SpDef, +10 Speed)
Type:

Abilities: Rattled/Shell Armor
New Moves: Leaf Burst
Removed Moves: N/A

Descriptions: We don't have a Shell Smash user yet! What better than. This! Clamperl is an adorable all-or-nothing sweeper with a cute little item that makes it an absolutely devastating Special attacker. Leaf Burst gives her Hidden Power Grass back to contest other Water-types.

Pokémon: Walrein
Niche: DPP UU - Stallrein
Stats: 110/80/90/95/90/65
Type:

Abilities: Ice Body/Thick Fat
New Moves: N/A

Descriptions: We've had Snow Warning for a while, why not a Hail abuser to go with it? Even though he loves Hail, Ice sucks, and I think making Wally a mono-Water type will give him a much-appreciated defensive boost.

Pokémon: Wailord
Niche: ADV NU - The Whale
Stats: 170/90/60/95/60/60 (+15 Def & SpDef, +5 SpAtk)
Type:

Abilities: Water Veil/Oblivious
New Moves: Thunder Burst, Leaf Burst, Explosion

Descriptions: The Whale's formidable bulk and powerful Water STAB rules over gen 3 NU and aims to provide this metagame with a true, traditional Bulky Water. Explosion is a buff to Self-Destruct to compensate for the move being nerfed. Bursts replace Hidden Power coverage options.

Pokémon: Camerupt
Niche: ORAS RU - Mega Tank
Stats: 70/100/100/125/105/20 (+30 Def & SpDef, +20 SpAtk, -20 Spd)
Type:

Abilities: Sheer Force
New Moves: Powder Snow

Descriptions: A massively slow tank, Camerupt leverages its poor type and speed with a massive Special Attack stat and Sheer Force. Powder Snow is a quirky inclusion meant to give insurance against potential Ground-type switch-ins, like HP Ice did in those good ol days.

Pokémon: Zangoose
Niche: ORAS NU - Toxic Boost Sweeper
Stats: 88/125/80/60/80/95 (+15 HP, +20 Def & SpDef. +10 Atk, +5 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Toxic Boost

Descriptions: This metagame felt like it was missing a blunt instrument Normal type, and Zangoose does that with style. A massive attack stat backed by Toxic Boost makes a 'mon that hits hard but doesn't last long, setting a bar for raw offense that defensive builds need to be able to challenge.

Pokémon: Absol
Niche: BW RU - Sucker Puncher
Stats: 77/130/77/75/77/85 (+12 HP, +17 Def & SpDef, +10 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Super Luck/Pressure/Justified
New Moves: Pursuit
Removed Moves: Play Rough

Descriptions: A glass cannon with an incredibly threatening Sucker Punch, letting it pick off threats with ruthless efficiency. Removing Play Rough gives Absol its weakness of not being able to break through Fighting-types from this era, but giving back Pursuit lets it force opponents into "fight or flight" mixups, threatening to punish either an attack or a switch. Speed is buffed to make it less vulnerable on non-Punch turns, but still low enough that it's encouraged to Punch. The buffed defenses make it a bit safer as well, and I thought giving it a defensive spread of lucky 7s was cute.

Pokémon: Volbeat
Niche: XY PU - Weatherman
Stats: 95/83/85/47/105/90 (+30 HP & Def & SpDef, +10 Atk, +5 Spd)
Type:

Abilities: Prankster
Removed Moves: VolbHeat Rock/VolbDamp Rock - If held by Volbeat, summons Sun/Rain when sent out.

Descriptions: Volbeat has the very amusing low-tier niche of being a weather-setter, and I thought he would serve a nice double-duty of implementing a setter for the two weathers we don't have yet. His new items allow him to summon his weathers without spending a turn, giving him more time to make use of his quirky support movepool backed by Prankster. This guy's viability depends on us eventually establishing some proper Sun/Rain abusers, but I figure that's something we'll get to eventually and this little guy can help us lay the groundwork for that.

Last edited:
:rs/kyogre:
Pokémon: Kyogre (Blue orb incompatible)
Niche: Calm Mind Attacker (RS Ubers)
Stats: 80/80/80/105/100/80 (525 Bst)
Type:

Abilities: Drizzle
New Moves: N/a
Removed Moves: Origin Pulse

Description: Kyogre had a niche as a bulky calm mind sweeper, and it was so strong that after a calm mind electric types couldn't even beat it. Electric typing gives it stab thunders, and removes its electric weakness, a nod to its former role.

:sm/mawile:
Pokémon: Mawile
Niche: SM OU & PU
Stats: 60/95/125/55/75/40 (+10 HP, +10 Atk, +40 Def, +20 SpD, -10 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Intimidate
New Moves: Nature's Madness
Custom Item: Mawile-Lite - When held by Mawile, this Pokemon gains +2 Attack on switch-in. Can't be Knocked Off
Descriptions: It would be funny to see if we could get through the entire mod without adding a Fairy, or at least waiting until Gen 6, but that would be passing up Mawile, who's a super sick mon both in Mega form and lower tiers. So what if we gave it the tools that both of its iterations had? SM PU Mawile is a niche physical wall that used its great typing, Intimidate, and access to Knock Off and Super Fang to wall stuff, so I gave it Nature's Madness to give it a better version of Super Fang. But, if you equip Mawile's "Mega Stone", then you get the effects of SM OU Mega Mawile's Huge Power while keeping the utility of Intimidate, much like Mega Mawile did before Mega Evolving. Sounds busted on paper, but I made sure to keep Mawile's special bulk down and the meta is crawling with Poison and Fire-types, and it's slower than Golem, so it should be fine

:bw/shelgon:
Pokémon: Shelgon (Eviolite Compatible)
Niche: BW NU
Stats: 110/110/110/60/60/60 (+45 HP, +15 Atk, +10 Def, +10 SpD, +10 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Overcoat / Own Tempo
New Moves: U-Turn, Dragon Tail
Descriptions: Now, how am I supposed to make Dragon/Fairy/Steel cores with a Dragon-type? Here's Shelgon, who can be a neat defensive pivot that can pass Wishes with a slow U-Turn and check the likes of Entei and Magby thanks to it resist Fire and having great 105/105 physical bulk with Eviolite. Bulky DDance sets can use Own Tempo to not confuse themselves after using Outrage, while Wish sets get to use Overcoat to avoid Sleep Powders from Venusaur and Victreebel, which Shelgon ironically didn't have in Gen 5 because Wish and Overcoat were incompatible. U-Turn makes passing Wishes easier, while Dragon Tail puts the defensive set's Roar and Dragon Claw in one slot, letting it run Toxic.

:sm/glalie:
Pokémon: Glalie
Niche: SM NU
Stats: 80/95/80/95/80/100 (+15 Atk & SpA, +20 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Refrigerate
Descriptions: This is Mega Glalie, being able to spam its Refrigerate boosted Double-Edges and Explosions to its heart's content while setting Spikes. This combined with a Ground-typing that powers up the one real coverage move it has in Earthquake makes Glalie a huge threat, as Ice/Ground is an insane STAB combo right now, so I kept Glalie's Attack stat down at 95 since it gets to hold a boosting item.

:xy/torchic:
Pokémon: Torchic (Eviolite Incompatible)
Niche: XY LC
Stats: 75/95/75/115/75/75 (+30 HP, +35 Atk, +35 Def, +45 SpA, +25 Spe, +30 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Speed Boost
New Moves: Leaf Burst, Stone Edge, Tag Out
Removed Moves: Swords Dance, Curse
Custom Elements: Tag Out - Fighting-type Baton Pass clone, doesn't pass anything
Descriptions: I'm legally required to try to get something in the Torchic line in this slate because Combusken is my favorite Pokemon. We already have Magby as a Fire/Fighting-type, so I couldn't do Combusken or Blaziken, so here's a take on Torchic. XY Torchic's best set was Baton Pass, but we can't recreate that here, so let's do its Special wallbreaking set. Fire/Grass matches the main moves it used, Fire Blast and HP Grass (now Leaf Burst), Speed Boost lets Torchic get the jump on faster foes, Stone Edge is an upgrade to Rock Slide, which it ran over Baton Pass some times, and speaking of Baton Pass, Tag Out gives you the pivoting that Baton Pass gave but not the broken Speed passing

:dp/tropius:
Pokémon: Tropius
Niche: DP UU
Stats: 109/68/83/102/87/91 (+10 HP, +30 SpA, +40 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Solar Power
New Moves: Flame Burst, Weather Ball, Hurricane
Removed Moves: Dragon Dance
Descriptions: I just noticed that Houndoom has Drought, so I had to check to see if there were any Tropius sets that used Solar Power, and lo and behold, it actually did in DPP UU. So with a big SpA and Spe boost, access to Flame Burst to mimic HP Fire and Weather Ball to mimic HP Fire but in the Sun, Tropius can be absolutely terrifying in Sun with STABs + Fire move. Held back but by a Stealth Rock weakness and constant chip, but you'll forget about that when your opponent evaporates after getting hit by a Specs Leaf Storm in the Sun. Hurricane was also added to make Tropius a little stronger out of Sun

Last edited:
:xy/rayquaza:
Pokemon:Rayquaza
Niche:XY Ubers
Type:Dragon/Flying
Stats:85/110/90/110/75/80
Ability:Air Lock
New Moves:Flare Blitz
Removed Moves:V-Create
Description:A strong Band user,mixed attacker,SD breaker,or DD cleaner

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ss/mawile:
Pokemon: Mawile
Niche: XY Ubers (Mega SpDef Tank)
Type:

Ability: Hyper Cutter / Huge Power / Sheer Force
Stats: 50 / 85 / 145 / 55 / 105 / 50
Added Moves: Bulk Up, U-turn
Removed Moves: Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Swords Dance

Description: The MegaRev slate. Either way, Mawile served a unique role in Gen 6 when it was banned to Ubers. It ran special defense investement to beat Yveltal and Xerneas, dual STABs, Sucker Punch, and Baton Pass (dry pass for pivoting).

:rs/walrein:
Pokémon: Walrein
Niche: ADV UU
Stats: 110 / 95 / 90 / 105 / 120 / 65 (+15 ATK, +10 SPA, +30 SPD)
Type:

Abilities: Thick Fat
New Moves: Icicle Crash, Leaf Burst

Descriptions: Walrein was a powerful option as a bulky Water in ADV UU thanks to its STAB Ice Beam combined with Thick Fat, making it nearly unkillable with its RestTalk sets. As it happens, Ice Beam is once again nearly unresisted (entirely unresisted when combined with Leaf Burst), allowing it to fulfill the exact same role as a bulky RestTalk user, albeit this time with more bulk so as not to be overshadowed. Alternatively, bulky Curse sets are still entirely viable, thanks to the powerful coverage of Icicle Crash+Earthquake (as well as a slight attack buff to be more of a threat). Provides a unique role in the current tier, and will be a powerful option on BO builds.

:rs/plusle:

Pokémon: Plusle
Niche: ADV NU [Lategame Cleaner, Revenge Killer]
Stats: 70/50/60/108/90/122 (+10 HP, +20 Def, +23 SpA, +5 SpD, +28 Speed)
Type: Electric/Ice
Abilities: Magic Guard, Plus
New Moves: Ice Beam, Icy Wind
Removed Moves: Nasty Plot, Grass Knot

Descriptions:

Yep, Plusle. Believe it or not, but Plusle was very good in Gen 3 NU. Its 85 Special Attack and 95 Speed seem extremely unimpressive, but in a power level as low as Gen 3 NU that was actually quite good when backed by Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Ice, making Plusle a frail but very dangerous revenge killer and late-game sweeper, which had trouble coming in but could blow apart weakened targets when it arrived on the field.

Multiverse Plusle is ratcheted up but aims to hold the same role of a lategame breaker with fantastic coverage. Since Hidden Power Ice was its preferred coverage, I decided to bump that up quite a bit by giving it Ice Beam and the Ice typing, for a lethal STAB BoltBeam. It has Magic Guard for two reasons: to emulate Gen 3 NU where Stealth Rocks didn't rule over the metagame and damaging weather was nonexistent (a meta very unlike our own) and to encourage it to use Life Orb over Choice Specs since the latter didn't exist (though Choice Specs remains a powerful option). I removed Nasty Plot because it didn't set up at all in Gen 3 and lord knows we have enough setup already, I removed Grass Knot because it didn't have Grass coverage in Gen 3 due to running HP Ice, and I didn't remove Volt Switch because it utilizes Dry Pass in Gen 3 and Volt Switch is a powerful upgrade.

:rs/Solrock:

Pokémon: Solrock
Niche: ADV UU (Stallbreaker)
Stats: 80/135/120/55/85/85 (+10 HP, +40 Atk, +35 Def, +20 SpD, +15 Speed)
Type: Rock/Psychic
Abilities: Levitate
New Moves: Ground Zero (Explosion with 400 BP), Shadow Bone
Removed Moves: Overheat, Rock Blast, Stealth Rock, Will-O-Wisp, Morning Sun

Descriptions: This rock was a staple of Gen 3 UU, one of the most popular Pokémon in the metagame. While modern Solrock is a mediocre wall with utility, ADV Solrock lacks most of its modern utility moves but more than makes up for it with power and bulk that, pre-powercreep, was able to stand up very well in its debut generation. It was physically bulky enough to come in on near any non-Steel physical attack, set up Reflect, and smash at opponents with Earthquake and Rock Slide before blowing up and taking down any non-resists and some resists with the nuclear Explosion. A more offensive variant could also eschew Reflect for Shadow Ball, tacking on a Choice Band to increase power further and turn its Explosion into a move that could tear through even resists.

As is custom with my subs, I aim to emulate the original playstyle by bumping up stats quite a bit while removing useful moves gotten in later gens that could change the role it plays. It got a substantial stat spread across the board, as well as Shadow Bone as a physical Shadow Ball and the return of all-powerful Explosion (slightly reduced as a balancing mechanism), but lost very valuable utility in Stealth Rock and Will-O-Wisp and recovery in Morning Sun, to prevent it from taking advantage of that and its improved bulk to just become a defensive Pokémon rather than a beatstick.

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:ss/sceptile-mega:
Pokémon: Scpetile
Niche: SM UU (Mega) (All-Out Attacker, Speed Control)
Stats: 70/95/75/115/85/125 (+10 attack, +10 def +10 spatk, +5 speed)
Type:

Abilities: Lightning Rod
New Moves: Draco Meteor
Removed Moves: Nah
Descriptions: Fast special attacker, different from our other Grasses and we don't have any Dragons yet so yeah. Lightning Rod seems bad since it already double resists Electric, but blocking Volt Switch is very good and Sceptile is very strong at +1 spatk. It doesn't get HP Fire here, but Focus Blast should be more than enough coverage. I don't have too much to say here, it's pretty self-explanatory.

:rs/claydol:
Pokémon: Claydol
Niche: ADV OU (Spinner, Tank)
Stats: 80/70/105/110/120/75 (+20 HP, +40 spatk)
Type:

New Moves: Dark Pulse
Removed Moves: Nasty Plot, Stealth Rock, Teleport
Descriptions: Gen 3 Claydol is a generally bulky Rapid Spinner, but tends to use a lot of offensive investment and moves. It generally makes use of Earthquake+Ice Beam to threaten a large amount of pokemon as well as Psychic sometimes to avoid being spinblocked by Gengar. Here, it gets a dark typing and stab Dark Pulse to beat potential Ghosts which we lack as of yet, but it's there for the future. It's also likely going to use Earth Power or Scorching Sands instead of Earthquake here due to its higher special attack. Anyway, Claydol has the coverage to threaten a lot of mons, while also carrying Spin and solid all around bulk.

:ss/manectric-mega:
Niche: XY OU (Mega) (Offensive Pivot)
Stats: 70/75/100/105/80/125 (+40 Def, +20 Spdef and Speed)
Type:

New Moves: Nah
Descriptions: You know exactly what this does. Intimidate on an offensive pivot is extremely interesting, as it gives it defensive utility. It's also a very nice speed control option and should beat all our current Flying types with ease, making it pretty difficult to challenge there. Aside from spamming Volt Switch, it can also use Overheat to nuke Grasses and to wear down Ground types. Finally, one new option it gets from not actually being a mega-evolution is Switcheroo, allowing it to cripple its walls by giving them a choice item.

:ss/salamence-mega:
Pokémon: Salamence
Niche: SM Uber (Mega) (Semi-Bulky Dragon Dance, Offensive/Defensive Defog)
Stats: 95/100/135/80/80/110 (Stat Shuffle)
Type:

Abilities: Aerilate
New Moves: Refresh, Return (Both moves are undexited)
Removed Moves:

Descriptions: Now this is an interesting one. This works very well as a bulky Dragon Dancer thanks to its massive defense stat and access to Roost, Refresh and great Mono-attacking STAB with Aerilate Return. The Bulky DDance set is pretty simple: just keep setting up and, if your opponent doesn't have a way to stop you from doing that, you win. However, Mence can also do some more stuff, such as run a straight up 4 Attacks set or 3 Attacks Roost due to its high speed and great coverage. Its most interesting set is its defensive one, though. Dragon is great defensively, especially here as it makes for a great answer to our current Fire types, Entei, Magby and Houndoom, which tend to be quite difficult to answer. It will also work very well as an answer to future Ground and Fighting types.

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
sorry for the delay, school stuff came first

Here are the some stuff I wanna mention before going into voting

:rs/kyogre:
Pokémon: Kyogre (Blue orb incompatible)
Niche: Calm Mind Attacker (RS Ubers)
Stats: 80/80/80/105/100/80 (525 Bst)
Type:

Abilities: Drizzle
New Moves: N/a
Removed Moves: Origin Pulse

Description: Kyogre had a niche as a bulky calm mind sweeper, and it was so strong that after a calm mind electric types couldn't even beat it. Electric typing gives it stab thunders, and removes its electric weakness, a nod to its former role.
Water Spout will be removed if this sub wins, otherwise nothing wrong with it

:xy/torchic:
Pokémon: Torchic (Eviolite Incompatible)
Niche: XY LC
Stats: 75/95/75/115/75/75 (+30 HP, +35 Atk, +35 Def, +45 SpA, +25 Spe, +30 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Speed Boost
New Moves: Leaf Burst, Stone Edge, Tag Out
Removed Moves: Swords Dance, Curse
Custom Elements: Tag Out - Fighting-type Baton Pass clone, doesn't pass anything
Descriptions: I'm legally required to try to get something in the Torchic line in this slate because Combusken is my favorite Pokemon. We already have Magby as a Fire/Fighting-type, so I couldn't do Combusken or Blaziken, so here's a take on Torchic. XY Torchic's best set was Baton Pass, but we can't recreate that here, so let's do its Special wallbreaking set. Fire/Grass matches the main moves it used, Fire Blast and HP Grass (now Leaf Burst), Speed Boost lets Torchic get the jump on faster foes, Stone Edge is an upgrade to Rock Slide, which it ran over Baton Pass some times, and speaking of Baton Pass, Tag Out gives you the pivoting that Baton Pass gave but not the broken Speed passing
Nothing wrong with this, but I thought I'd let you see this
1643123104467.png

:xy/gardevoir-mega:
Pokémon: Gardevoir
Niche: ORAS OU
Stats: 68/65/65/115/115/100 (540)
Type:

Abilities: Pixilate
New Moves: -
Removed Moves: Mythical Fire

Descriptions:
broken mon, instead veto

and last but not least: the copypaste
It's time to vote now! There is an extended explanation for the Voting rules below, but I'll provide you a TL;DR version.
  • Vote for a maximum of 8 submission (you can vote for less, but 8 is recommended)​
  • 2 Self Votes are allowed but they can't be 1st place​
  • Specify which sub you are voting for! Either by mentioning its niche or submitter​

Voting is pretty easy to understand. You have to vote for 8 Pokemon (more or less votes will not count) and they have to be ordered (meaning the 1st place has more points than the 8th place) and Self Votes are allowed, but they can't be 1st place and you can only vote for yourself 2 times. When voting for a Pokemon, you should also mention its niche, cause this makes it clearer when a Pokemon has been subbed more than once. If there are two subs which cover the same Pokemon and the same Niche, then mention the name of the submitter as well.
Person A submitted: :venusaur::kangaskhan::chansey::zapdos::exeggutor::alakazam::moltres:(bw ru):starmie:(ss nu)
Person B submitted: :snorlax::charizard::starmie:(adv ou):articuno::arcanine: (This person only submitted 5 mons, which is okay)
Person C submitted: :blastoise::persian::beedrill::marowak::dragonite::slowbro::tentacruel::moltres:(bw ru)
  1. :beedrill: (ORAS UU)
  2. :Venusaur:(DPP UU) (SV)
  3. :Zapdos: (RBY OU) (SV)
  4. :moltres: (BW RU from Person C)
  5. :starmie: (ADV OU)
  6. :charizard: (SM OU)
  7. :slowbro: (RBY OU)
  8. :dragonite: (DPP OU)

You can vote for every submission, except :gardevoir-mega:. Voting will last for 3 days. Good Luck!

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
16h warning (I'm late again '-')

:manectric: (ORAS OU)
:flygon: (DPP OU)
:mawile: (SM OU + PU)
:regice: (ADV OU)
:salamence: (SM Uber)
:sableye: (SM OU)
:hariyama: (ADV OU)
:breloom: (BW OU)

ViZar

your toast is burned
Servus! Finally managed to do this post. Anyway the winners are...
:bw/breloom:
Pokémon: Breloom
Niche: [BW OU] Wallbreaker, Choice Band
Stats: 105 HP / 130 Atk / 80 Def / 60 SpA / 70 SpD / 70 Spe (+45 HP, +10 SpD)
Type:

Abilities: Poison Heal | HA: Technician
New Moves: Low Swept - Gen 5 Low Sweep
Removed Moves: Spore
Descriptions: Breloom is defined by Spore. In every generation, its sets are all in some way defined by its use of tge move. All except for one. You see, due to sleep mechanics, Spore was banned from usage in the tier. Ironically, this is the metagame where Breloom peaked in success. So I wanted to explore how we could craft Gen 8 Breloom, emulating an era where its at its best even without access to its best move. Breloom gets a massive bulk increase, which heavily increases the usefulness of its Poison Heal defensive sets, while Technician sets can go hard with Bullet Seed, Mach Punch and og Low Sweep.
:rs/hariyama:
Pokémon: Hariyama
Niche: ADV OU
Stats: 140 HP / 120 Atk / 80 Def (+20) / 40 SpA / 80 SpD (+20) / 40 Spe
Type:

Abilities: Guts / Thick Fat (HA)
New Moves (relative to BDSP): Iron Head, Drain Punch
Removed Moves: None
Hariyama doesn’t need too much changes to function well in modern generations, so it got increased bulk so it remained the bulkiest Fighting-type like back in Generation 3. Iron Head is added for a damaging Steel-type move with more power consistency than Heavy Slam, while Drain Punch is for self-substention.
Descriptions: Hariyama works as a prime Knock Off user that cripples walls, with very large base HP that makes Seismic Toss and Night Shade less effective against it. With Guts, it also serves as both a wallbreaker and status absorber as well.
:ss/sableye:
Pokémon: Sableye
Niche: [SM OU] Defensive Pivot, Hazard Detterent
Stats: 50 HP / 85 Atk / 105 Def / 85 SpA / 105 SpD / 20 Spe (+10 Atk, +30 Def, +20 SpA, +40 SpD, -30 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Magic Bounce | HA: Keen Eye
Descriptions: Sableye utilizes Magic Bounce to screw over hazards and help fortify Stall, a playstyle that has so far largely been nigh impossible to pull off in this metagame. Having a relatively bulky Magic Bouncer is in general really good for teams that want to spam hazard weak teammates, of which we have quite a few atm. Sableye also has decent bulk overall, which is very useful in general.
:sm/mawile:
Pokémon: Mawile
Niche: SM OU & PU
Stats: 60/95/125/55/75/40 (+10 HP, +10 Atk, +40 Def, +20 SpD, -10 Spe)
Type:

New Moves: Nature's Madness
Custom Item: Mawile-Lite - When held by Mawile, this Pokemon gains +2 Attack on switch-in. Can't be Knocked Off
Descriptions: It would be funny to see if we could get through the entire mod without adding a Fairy, or at least waiting until Gen 6, but that would be passing up Mawile, who's a super sick mon both in Mega form and lower tiers. So what if we gave it the tools that both of its iterations had? SM PU Mawile is a niche physical wall that used its great typing, Intimidate, and access to Knock Off and Super Fang to wall stuff, so I gave it Nature's Madness to give it a better version of Super Fang. But, if you equip Mawile's "Mega Stone", then you get the effects of SM OU Mega Mawile's Huge Power while keeping the utility of Intimidate, much like Mega Mawile did before Mega Evolving. Sounds busted on paper, but I made sure to keep Mawile's special bulk down and the meta is crawling with Poison and Fire-types, and it's slower than Golem, so it should be fine
:ss/manectric-mega:
Niche: XY OU (Mega) (Offensive Pivot)
Stats: 70/75/100/105/80/125 (+40 Def, +20 Spdef and Speed)
Type:

New Moves: Nah
Descriptions: You know exactly what this does. Intimidate on an offensive pivot is extremely interesting, as it gives it defensive utility. It's also a very nice speed control option and should beat all our current Flying types with ease, making it pretty difficult to challenge there. Aside from spamming Volt Switch, it can also use Overheat to nuke Grasses and to wear down Ground types. Finally, one new option it gets from not actually being a mega-evolution is Switcheroo, allowing it to cripple its walls by giving them a choice item.
:dp/flygon:
Pokémon: Flygon
Niche: [DPP OU] Choice Scarfer, Mixed Wallbreaker, Choice Band
Stats: 90 HP / 115 Atk / 90 Def / 100 SpA / 80 SpD / 100 Spe (+10 HP, +15 Atk, +10 Def +15 SpA)
Type:

Removed Moves: Defog
Descriptions: Flygon is a cool Pokemon thanks to its decent statline, tight knit but ever useful movepool and its great typing. These tools allowed it to be one of DPP OU's most versatile threats. I want to preserve all of its famous niches, so I simply updated its stats to better pull of these roles in a Gen 8 OU style format. We dont have much Pokemon that can pull off Scarf yet, and why anything else other than the OG Scarf user to introduce us. We lack Dragon types too so I think this will be particularly interesting to fill it out without Garchomp competing with it.
:ss/salamence-mega:
Pokémon: Salamence
Niche: SM Uber (Mega) (Semi-Bulky Dragon Dance, Offensive/Defensive Defog)
Stats: 95/100/135/80/80/110 (Stat Shuffle)
Type:

Abilities: Aerilate
New Moves: Refresh, Return (Both moves are undexited)
Removed Moves:

Descriptions: Now this is an interesting one. This works very well as a bulky Dragon Dancer thanks to its massive defense stat and access to Roost, Refresh and great Mono-attacking STAB with Aerilate Return. The Bulky DDance set is pretty simple: just keep setting up and, if your opponent doesn't have a way to stop you from doing that, you win. However, Mence can also do some more stuff, such as run a straight up 4 Attacks set or 3 Attacks Roost due to its high speed and great coverage. Its most interesting set is its defensive one, though. Dragon is great defensively, especially here as it makes for a great answer to our current Fire types, Entei, Magby and Houndoom, which tend to be quite difficult to answer. It will also work very well as an answer to future Ground and Fighting types.

Pokémon: Regice
Niche: ADV OU - Special Tank
Stats: 90/50/100/100/200/50 (+10 HP)
Type:

Abilities: Clear Body/Filter
New Moves: Overcharge (Electric-type Explosion), Flame Burst
Removed Moves: Rock Polish

Descriptions: ADV Regice has a fun niche as probably one of history's only OU-viable defensive Ice-types, boasting a hefty SpDef stat and a hard-hitting BoltBeam, as well as the option to Explode on other special walls. An Electric dual-typing strengthens its Bolts to pair with its Beams, as well as shoring up its Steel weakness to better combat the new special threat on the block Noctowl. Giving Regice Filter further helps alleviate some of its awful defensive type's limit on its tanking. A new STAB Explosion helps make up for the removal of the move's defense-halving. The removal of Rock Polish keeps Regice pushed towards the defensive-tank role it played in ADV.
Congrats to the winners. With Gen 4 and the following Gens, we will focus more on the meta and try to sub Pokemon that fit well into it. For that I'd recommend to join the Discord Server or check out the Spreadsheet, which will be updated later on.

:ss/torterra::ss/infernape::ss/empoleon:
Slate 4: New Age

Pick up to 8 Generation 2 Pokemon and submit any niche you want. The first post still provides a guide on how to submit.

Code:
[B]Pokémon[/B]:
[B]Niche[/B]:
[B]Stats[/B]:
[B]Type[/B]: [IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/.png[/IMG][IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/.png[/IMG]
[B]Abilities[/B]:
[B]New Moves[/B]:
[B]Removed Moves[/B]:

[B]Descriptions[/B]:

Submission will last for 5 days! Have fun!​

Last edited:

Voden

formerly megaspoopy000
:bw/torterra:
Pokémon: Torterra
Niche: ((BW RU)) Specially Defensive Wall, Set Up Sweeper (Rock Polish)
Stats: 105/129/105/75/105/56 (565 BST) (+10 HP, +20 Atk, +20 Spd)
Type:

Abilities: Overgrow / Rock Head (HA)
New Moves: Head Smash, Recover, Bulk Up.

Descriptions: Gen 5 torterra was heavily underwhelming, a niche type, well spread stats, and nice coverage never really paid off. This, is what it should've been, now with Rock Head and a newly boosted attack stat, Rock Polish sets are better than ever! and the other slight niche that it fulfilled, has now a chance to shine too, SD Synthesis, Specially Bulky, Torterra, with max investment, it should be able to take things like +2 Mew's Fire Blast, +1 Venomoth's Bug Buzz, and +2 Noctowl Hurricane and OHKO back with stabs or Head Smash. (specs Articuno blizzard may be kind of a longshot?)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)