NU Musharna

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Overview
########

Thanks to its large movepool, Musharna is able to provide valuable team support, reliably heal itself with Moonlight, and perform other roles such as passing Calm Mind boosts to teammates with Baton Pass. Musharna is also bulky and slow enough to act as a pivot. However, its low Speed is detrimental, as it can be easily outsped, revenge killed, or shut down. It is also weak to Knock Off, which is very common. Musharna also faces competition from other Psychic-types, such as Mesprit and Uxie.

Calm Mind
########
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Psychic / Psyshock
move 3: Baton Pass / Heal Bell
move 4: Moonlight
ability: Synchronize
item: Leftovers
evs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
nature: Bold

Moves
========

Calm Mind allows Musharna to boost its Special Attack and Special Defense. Psychic is a strong STAB move used to hit physical walls, while Psyshock is another strong STAB move used to hit opponents that are bulkier specially, which can be useful for when opponents try to boost up alongside you. Baton Pass allows Musharna to act as a pivot early-game, pass Calm Mind boosts to other teammates, and allow teammates to come in safely, as Musharna is slower than most Pokemon. Heal Bell is used to remove unwanted status and also allows Musharna to win stall wars against Pokemon whose only reliable form of damage is status. Moonlight is used to recover Musharna's HP. Signal Beam can be used over a STAB move to hit Psychic- and Dark-types.

Set Details
========

240 HP EVs allow Musharna to hit a Leftovers number, while 252 EVs in Defense and a Bold nature allow Musharna to take as many physical hits as possible. Synchronize allows Musharna to cripple opposing status setters and Leftovers is used for passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

If Musharna is not using Baton Pass, it should set up only after its checks and counters are weakened or removed. If running Baton Pass, then Musharna can function as a pivot early-game by coming in, taking a hit, and then using Baton Pass on the switch to go into an appropriate check or counter. Moonlight should be used when Musharna is around 60% health, because if its health drops any lower, Musharna can quickly be overpowered and KOed.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that like having a partner that resists Fighting-type moves, such as Pyroar, Kangaskhan, and Klinklang, make for good teammates. Special walls such as Audino, Lickilicky, and Probopass appreciate having Musharna as a switch-in to physical attackers. Special attackers such as Xatu, Magmortar, and Pokemon that cannot use their own boosting moves appreciate Calm Mind boosts from Musharna. Bulky Fighting-type Pokemon such as Gurdurr, Hariyama, and Pangoro make for good teammates as they can absorb Dark-type attacks.

Offensive Trick Room
########
name: Offensive Trick Room
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Moonlight
move 4: Signal Beam
item: Life Orb
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
nature: Quiet

Moves
========

Trick Room allows slow Pokemon, such as Musharna, to move first. Psychic is a strong STAB move, Moonlight is used for recovery, and Signal Beam is used to hit Dark- and Psychic-type Pokemon. Hidden Power Ground can be used to hit Probopass and other Steel-types, while Hidden Power Fire can be used specifically for Ferroseed.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP and Special Attack EVs allow Musharna to hit hard while still being bulky. A Quiet nature is used to lower Musharna's Speed, which means Musharna is even slower and can outspeed more threats under Trick Room, and to also boost its Special Attack. Synchronize allows Musharna to cripple opposing status users, and Leftovers is used for passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Musharna should not try to sweep until its checks and counters are weakened. Set up Trick Room first and then either stay in and attempt a sweep, or switch out into another Trick Room sweeper.

Team Options
========

Good teammates include other Trick Room setters such as Uxie, Carbink, and Gourgeist-XL, and other Trick Room sweepers such as Pangoro, Beheeyem, and Ursaring. Entry hazard setters such as Crustle and Ferroseed can help limit switching, and bulky Fighting-type Pokemon such as Gurdurr, Hariyama and Pangoro can absorb Dark-type attacks and also benefit from Trick Room support.

Pivot
########
name: Pivot
move 1: Baton Pass
move 2: Moonlight
move 3: Thunder Wave / Yawn / Heal Bell
move 4: Psychic

Moves
========

Baton Pass allows Musharna to slowly pivot out and safely bring in an appropriate check or counter, and Moonlight allows Musharna to regain some health. Thunder Wave cripples fast offensive Pokemon, while Yawn is used to put a Pokemon to sleep and to force switches. Heal Bell allows Musharna to cure itself and its teammates of status. Lastly, Psychic is a spammable STAB move.

Set Details
========

240 EVs in HP allow Musharna to hit a Leftovers number, 16 Special Defense EVs are used to make it a little bit bulkier, and the remaining EVs in Defense with a Bold nature allow Musharna to take as many physical hits as possible. Leftovers is used for passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Bring in Musharna on physical attacks and then use Baton Pass on the switch. When Musharna's health gets to around 60%, use Moonlight to keep its health close to full. Use Thunder Wave or Yawn on the switch to cripple opposing Pokemon. Yawn can also be used to force a Pokemon trying to set up out. Use Baton Pass after you use Yawn to gain momentum.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that like having a Fighting-resistant Pokemon as a partner make for good teammates, such as Pyroar, Kangaskhan, and Klinklang. Special walls such as Audino, Lickilicky, and Probopass appreciate having Musharna as a switch-in to physical attackers. Other good teammates are entry hazard setters such as Crustle, Accelgor, and Ferroseed, as they limit switching, and bulky Fighting-type Pokemon such as Gurdurr, Hariyama, and Pangoro, as they can absorb Dark-type attacks.

Other Options
########

Dazzling Gleam is a good other option that notably hits Pangoro; however, Signal Beam hits more targets and allows Musharna to check or counter other Psychic-type Pokemon. Barrier is another option that boosts Musharna's Defense a lot. Energy Ball can be used as coverage move to hit Ground- and Water-types, and Healing Wish can be used when Musharna going to be KOed to fully heal a teammate. Protect can be used to scout Choice-locked Pokemon, Magic Coat can throw back status and hazards, and Stored Power can be used on a boosting set; however, it requires Musharna to set up Calm Mind before it can attack effectively. Toxic can cripple opposing walls and limit the amount of turns they can stay in, and Choice Specs allows Musharna to hit hard.

Checks & Counters
########

**Dark-types**: Dark-types such as Liepard and Pawniard can overwhelm Musharna with their Dark-type attacks, or depending on Musharna's set, set up on it.

**Taunt**: Taunt prevents Musharna from accomplishing the majority of its roles, thereby nullifying it.

**Status**: If Musharna is not running Heal Bell, status can quickly wear it down. However, the opposing status user has to be wary of Synchronize.

**Trick**: Pokemon that use Trick such as Mesprit, Rotom, and Jynx, can limit Musharna's utility by only allowing it to use one move.

**Bulky Steel-types**: Pokemon such as Steelix, Probopass, and Ferroseed resist Musharna's STAB moves and can also hit it with a Toxic and not get poisoned in return by Synchronize.

**Entry Hazards**: Multiple layers of Spikes in combination with Stealth Rock limit the amount of times that Musharna can comfortably switch in to take attacks. It also forces Musharna to use Moonlight more often instead of pivoting.

Last edited:

Ares

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, this should be QC ready. As always, I hope I didnt miss anything obvious.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
iirc 240 hp / 252 def / 16 spdef hits a leftovers number or a hp number, someone correct me if im wrong

I also think that dazzling gleam shouldnt be slashed with Baton Pass on the first set. if anything, it should be slashed with Psychic and Psyshock; If i am using Calm Mind Musharna, I will be using it to support my teammates too by passing boost to them.

Maybe mention Hidden Power Ground or Fire in Moves for the Trick Room set?

Montsegur

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Signal Beam seems more useful on Musharna than Dazzling Gleam; Dazzling Gleam's only target for Musharna is Pangoro (which Musharna would be hesitant to stay in on outside of Trick Room), but Signal Beam hits Darks and Psychics, such as Uxie, Mesprit, and even opposing Musharna, allowing it to wall them. It also hits Roosting Xatus outside of TR so there's that too.

Ares

Added in your spread Soulgazer .
Removed Dazzling Gleam from the set and left it mentioned in moves along with an added mention of signal beam.

On the TR set added in Signal Beam as the primary slash, also added in a mention of HP fighting/ground in moves
The nice thing about Dazzling Gleam, is that it provides nice unresisted coverage with the only exception being Steel iirc.

Punchshroom

The nice thing about Dazzling Gleam, is that it provides nice unresisted coverage with the only exception being Steel iirc.
Psychic + Bug (also resisted by only Steel), iirc, are resisted by exactly the same things in NU as Psychic + Fairy, except Signal Beam hits Psychics like Mesprit, Roosting Xatu, and especially Malamar, while Dazzling Gleam hits Pangoro and Vullaby.

Ares

Psychic + Bug (also resisted by only Steel), iirc, are resisted by exactly the same things in NU as Psychic + Fairy, except Signal Beam hits Psychics like Mesprit, Roosting Xatu, and especially Malamar, while Dazzling Gleam hits Pangoro and Vullaby.
So do you want Dazzling Gleam removed altogether now that Spiritomb is gone?

Punchshroom

So do you want Dazzling Gleam removed altogether now that Spiritomb is gone?
I think it could use a mention in OO in general. Cut the Vullaby mention as one of Gleam's targets because I just found out the primary set is SpD and Musharna has pretty much no hope against it in the face of Taunt, Roost, and Knock Off. I'm a bit tempted to mention Scraggy in all honesty but it is pretty irrelevant :/.

So just mention Pangoro as the most notable target Gleam hits than Signal Beam doesn't, but state that Pangoro is very risky for Musharna to stay in on, while Signal Beam hits more targets and allows Musharna to check/counter Psychic-types (namely Mesprit, Xatu, and unboosted Malamar).

Ares

I think it could use a mention in OO in general. Cut the Vullaby mention as one of Gleam's targets because I just found out the primary set is SpD and Musharna has pretty much no hope against it in the face of Taunt, Roost, and Knock Off. I'm a bit tempted to mention Scraggy in all honesty but it is pretty irrelevant :/.

So just mention Pangoro as the most notable target Gleam hits than Signal Beam doesn't, but state that Pangoro is very risky for Musharna to stay in on, while Signal Beam hits more targets and allows Musharna to check/counter Psychic-types (namely Mesprit, Xatu, and unboosted Malamar).
I think Dazzling Gleam can still do work on the first set as it gets subbed out for Psychic and then can also hit fighting types along with Dark-types. (For now I removed it and left it in oo)

i think the cm and pivot sets could be merged into a single "pivot" set:

Pivot
########
move 3: Heal Bell / Calm Mind
move 4: Psychic / Psyshock

- mush isn't going to be sweeping too often, making it somewhat unecessary to dedicate a set to cm
- the 2 moves with the most general utility are slashed under m3; heal bell is heal bell and cm lets it pass boosts
- twave and yawn would then go in moves

just my 2c

Ares

i think the cm and pivot sets could be merged into a single "pivot" set:

Pivot
########
move 3: Heal Bell / Calm Mind
move 4: Psychic / Psyshock

- mush isn't going to be sweeping too often, making it somewhat unecessary to dedicate a set to cm
- the 2 moves with the most general utility are slashed under m3; heal bell is heal bell and cm lets it pass boosts
- twave and yawn would then go in moves

just my 2c
The thing is though, that both sets play a bit differently / have a different focus. The CM set is all about either sweeping late game or passing out boosts into a recipient for that pokemon to sweep. The Pivot set is about forcing switches and spreading T-wave / Yawn around. Admittedly the CM set can be used as a pivot early on, but I just feel like they are a little bit to different to warrant combining them into one set.

QC thoughts?

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
well the thing is the CM set can be played like a pivot midgame with slow BP and stuff, so I don't think it's all too different. I won't mind if they get combined but they're different enough to get separate sets which I'm leaning towards.

General stuff:
- all the sets should have bulky Fighting-types as teammates. Gurdurr, Hariyama, and Pangoro have excellent synergy with Musharna and they even benefit from TR.
- in moves you should explain that BP gives teammates safe switch ins because slow

Overview:
- mention what it has over Uxie (Moonlight, ultra slow BP, not piss weak)

Calm Mind:
Set:
- Heal Bell probably deserves a slash after Baton Pass because it's not only good team support but also prevents shit from Toxicing it. Can also win last mon wars vs stall with Heal Bell.

Other Options:
- remove Charge Beam and Pain Split. You can just use CM for the former and Moonlight for the latter
- when you mention dual screens you should also add that they need not be part of a dedicated screens set as they can be useful as a move on their own
- specs could get a mention because it wasn't too bad last gen

Checks and counters:
- add bulky Steel-types such as Steelix, Probopass, and Ferroseed, especially those with Toxic because they aren't affected by Synchronize and they outstall non-Heal Bell sets
- probably mention that multiple layers of Spikes hurts Musharna's ability to take hits as well and force it to heal more often

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Amcheck
Add
Remove
(Comments)

Overview
########

Musharna is a great Pokemon in the XY NU meta. With access to a variety of good supportlarge movespool, Musharna is able to provides much needed team support. It also has access to g, reliably heal itself with Moonlight, and boosting movperform other roles such as Calm Mind and Baton Pass so it can pass thepassing off Calm Mind boosts off to teammates. Musharna also has access to reliable recovery in Moonlight. with Baton Pass, since Musharna is bulky and slow enough to act as a pivot with Baton Pass. However, (AC) being slow can also be a detriment to Musharna, (AC) as it can be easily outsped and, (AC) revenge killed, (AC) or shut down. It is also weak to an incredibly common move in the metagame (remove space), Knock Off. Musharna also faces competition from other Psychic-types, such as Mesprit and Uxie. Mesprit as an offensive Psychic-typeMesprit and Uxie as a defensive support Pokemon. Musharna does have some notable things over Uxie. though, such as reliable recovery in Moonlight, a slow Baton Pass, and is not weak offensively. (I removed the last sentence since you already mentioned all of that previously.)

Calm Mind
########
move 1: Calm mind

Moves
========

Calm Mind is the focus of this set and allows Musharna to boost its Special Attack and Special Defense simultaneously. Psychic is a strong STAB move used to hit physical walls, while Psyshock is another strong STAB move used to hit opponents on the special side, which can be useful for when opponents try to boost up alongside of you. Baton Pass allows Musharna to act as a pivot early-game, it also allows it to (add -), pass Calm Mind boosts to other teammates, alsond allows teammates to come in safely becausince itMusharna is a slow Bater than most Pokemon Pass. Heal Bell is used to remove unwanted status, and it also allows Musharna to win stall wars against Pokemon whose only reliable form of damage is in the for of a status. Moonlight is used to recover Musharna's HP. Signal Beam can be used over a Psychic STAB move to hit Psychic- and Dark-type Pokemon.

Set Details
========

240 EVs investementd in HP allows Musharana to hit a lLeftovers number, withhile the rest in Defense allow Musharna to take as many physical hits as possible. Bold further increases Musharna's Defense., (AC) and Synchronize allows Musharna to cripple opposing status setters as well. Leftovers is used for passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

If Musharna is not using Baton Pass, then it should start to set up (add space between set and up) only after its checks and counters are weakened or removed. If running Baton Pass, (AC) then Musharna can function as a pivot early-game, (add -) by coming in, (AC) taking a hit, (AC) and then using Baton Pass on the switch to go into an appropriate check or counter. Moonlight should be used when Musharana is around 60% health, because any lower and Musharna can quickly become overpowered and KOed.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that like having a fFighting-type resist as a partner make good teammates, (AC) such as Pyroar, Kangaskhan, and Klinklang. Special walls such as Audino, Lickilicky, and Probopass appreciate having Musharna as a switch-in (add -) for physical attacks. Special attackers that appreciate Calm Mind boosts such as Xatu, Magmortar, (AC) and any special attacker thatthose who can not boost itsuse their own boosting moves apprecial attackte Calm Mind boosts from Musharna. Bulky Fighting-type Pokemon such as Gurdurr, Hariyama, and Pangoro make good teammates as they can absorb Dark-type attacks.

Offensive Trick Room
########

Moves
========

Trick Room is the focus of this set allowing thes slower Pokemon, such as Musharna, to move first. Psychic is a strong STAB move., and Moonlight is used for regaining Musharna's HP. Signal Beam is used to hit Dark- and Psychic-type Pokemon. Hidden Power Ground iscan be used to to hit Probopass and other Steel-types., while Hidden Power Fire iscan be used specifically for Ferroseed.

Set Details
========

Maximum healthHP and sSpecial aAttack EVs allow Musharna to be bulky and to hit hard. Quiet nature for a minus slowers Speed nature, (AC) which means Musharna is even slower and can "outspeed" more threats under Trick Room. Synchronize allows Musharna to cripple opposing status setters as well., and Leftovers is used for passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Musharna should not try to sweep until its checks and counters are weakened. Set up (add space) Trick Room first and then either stay in and attempt a sweep, or switch out into another Trick Room sweeper.

Team Options
========

Teammates include other Trick Room setters such as Uxie, (AC) Carbink, and Gourgeist-Super. O, and other Trick Room sweepers such as Pangoro, Beheeyem, and Ursaring. Entry hazard setters such as Crustle and Ferroseed can help limit switching. Bulky Fighting-type Pokemon such as Gurdurr, Hariyama and Pangoro that can absorb Dark-type attacks and also benefit from Trick Room support.

Pivot
########

Moves
========

Baton Pass allows Musharna to slowly pivot out and safely bring in an appropriate check or counter. Moonlight is used for regaining Musharan's HP. Thunder Wave cripples fast offensive Pokemon., while Yawn is used to put a Pokemon to sleep and to force switches. Heal Bell allows Musharna to cure status from itself and its teammates of status. Lastly, Psychic is a spammable STAB move.

Set Details
========

240 investmentEVs in HP allows Musharna to hit a Leftovers number, withand the remaining EVst in Defense and a Bold nature allow Musharna to take as many physical hits as possible. Bold nature further increases Musharna's Defense. Leftovers allows for passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Bring in Musharna on physical attacks and then use Baton Pass on the switch. When Musharna's health gets to around 60%, (AC) use Moonlight to keep its health close to full. Use Thunder Wave or Yawn on the switch to cripple and opposing Pokemon,. (RC, add period) Yawn can also be used to force a Pokemon trying to set up (add space) out. If you Yawn, (AC) use Baton Pass on the next turn to gain momentum.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that like having a fFighting-type resist as a partner make good teammates, (AC) such as Pyroar, Kangaskhan, and Klinklang. Special walls such as Audino, Lickilicky, and Probopass appreciate having Musharna as a switch-in (add -) for physical attacks. EOther good teammates are entry hazard setters such as Crustle, Accelgor, and Ferroseed make good teammates as they limit switching. B, and bulky Fighting-type Pokemon such as Gurdurr, Hariyama, and Pangoro make good teammates as they can absorb Dark-type attacks.

Other Options
########

Dazzling Gleam is a good other option, it mos that notably hits Pangoro, however, (AC) Signal Beam hits more targets and allows Musharna to check /or counter other Psychic-type Pokemon. Barrier is another option that allowboosts Musharna to boost it's defense incredibly high. Energy Ball can be used as coverage move to hit Ground- and Water-types., and Healing Wish can be used when Musharna is close to death to fully heal a teammate. Protect can be used to scout choice-locked (add -) Pokemon., (AC) Magic Coat can be used to throw back status and hazards., and Stored Power can be used on a boosting set, however, (AC) it requires Musharna to set up (add space) Calm Mind before it can attack. Toxic can be used to cripple opposing walls and limit the amount of turns they can stay in., and Choice Specs can be used to allow Musharna to hit hard.

Checks & Counters
########

**Dark-Ttypes**: Pokemon like Liepard and Pawniard can overwhelm Musharna with their Dark-type attacks, or depending on Musharna's set, set up (add space) on it.

**Taunt**: Taunt prevents Musharna from accomplishing the majority of its roles. (add period)

**Status**: If Musharna is not running Heal Bell, status can quickly wear Musharnait down. However, (AC) the opposing status setter has to be wary of Synchronize. (add period)

**Trick**: Pokemon who use Trick can give Musharna a choice item, like Choice Scarf, Specs, or Band. This limits Musharna' its utility limitby only allowing it to use to one move.

**Bulky Steel-types**: Pokemon such as Steelix, Probopass, and Ferroseed can hiresist Musharna's STAB moves hit and can hit it with a Toxic and not be get statuspoisoned in return through Synchronize, they can also resist Musharna's STAB.

**Entry Hazards**: Multiple layers of Spikes in combination with Stealth Rock limit the amount of times that Musharna can comfortably switch in to take attacks, i. It also forces Musharna to heal more often instead of pivoting.

Last edited:

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi
Overview
########

With access to a Thanks to its large movepool (remove space), Musharna is able to provide much needed valuable team support, reliably heal itself with Moonlight, and perform other roles such as passing off Calm Mind boosts to teammates with Baton Pass, since; Musharna is also bulky and slow enough to act as a pivot. Musharna is bulky and slow enough to act as a pivot with Baton Pass. However, being slow can also be its low Speed is a detrimental to Musharna, as it can be easily outsped, revenge killed, or shut down. It is also weak to an incredibly common move in the metagame, Knock Off, which is very common. Musharna also faces competition from other Psychic-types, such as offensive Mesprit and defensive Uxie.

Calm Mind
########
move 1: Calm mMind

Moves
========

Calm Mind allows Musharna to boost its Special Attack and Special Defense simultaneously. Psychic is a strong STAB move used to hit physical walls, while Psyshock is another strong STAB move used to hit opponents that are specially bulkier on the special side, which can be useful for when opponents try to boost up alongside you. Baton Pass allows Musharna to act as a pivot early-game, pass Calm Mind boosts to other teammates, and allow teammates to come in safely since, as Musharna is slower than most Pokemon. Heal Bell is used to remove unwanted status and it also allows Musharna to win stall wars against Pokemon whose only reliable form of damage is status. Moonlight is used to recover Musharna's HP. Signal Beam can be used over a Psychic STAB move to hit Psychic- and Dark-types Pokemon.

Set Details
========

240 HP EVs invested in HP allow Musharana Musharna to hit a Leftovers number, with the rest 252 EVs put in Defense to allow Musharna to take as many physical hits as possible. A Bold nature further increases Musharna's Defense, and Synchronize allows Musharna to cripple opposing status setters. Leftovers is used for passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

If Musharna is not using Baton Pass, then it should start to set up only after its checks and counters are weakened or removed. If running Baton Pass, then Musharna can function as a pivot early-game by coming in, taking a hit, and then using Baton Pass on the switch to go into an appropriate check or counter. Moonlight should be used when Musharana Musharna is around 60% health, because any lower if its health drops any lower, and Musharna can quickly become overpowered and KOed.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that like having a Pokemon that resists Fighting-type moves Fighting-type resist as a partner make for good teammates, such as Pyroar, Kangaskhan, and Klinklang. Special walls such as Audino, Lickilicky, and Probopass appreciate having Musharna as a switch-in for to physical attackers. Special attackers such as Xatu, Magmortar, and those who Pokemon that cannot (remove space) use their own boosting moves appreciate Calm Mind boosts from Musharana Musharna. Bulky Fighting-type Pokemon such as Gurdurr, Hariyama, and Pangoro make for good teammates, as they can absorb Dark-type attacks.

Offensive Trick Room
########

Moves
========

Trick Room allows the slower Pokemon, such as Musharna, to move first. Psychic is a strong STAB move, and Moonlight is used for recovery regaining Musharna's HP. Signal Beam is used to hit Dark- and Psychic-type Pokemon. Hidden Power Ground can be used to hit Probopass and other Steel-types, while Hidden Power Fire can be used specifically for Ferroseed.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP and Special Attack EVs allow Musharna to be bulky and to hit hard while still be bulky. A Quiet nature for a is used to lowers Musharna's Speed, which means Musharna is even slower and can "outspeed" more threats under Trick Room. Synchronize allows Musharna to cripple opposing status setters as well, and Leftovers is used for passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Musharna should not try to sweep until its checks and counters are weakened. Set up Trick Room first and then either stay in and attempt a sweep, or switch out into another Trick Room sweeper.

Team Options
========

Good Tteammates include other Trick Room setters such as Uxie, Carbink, and Gourgeist-XLSuper, and other Trick Room sweepers such as Pangoro, Beheeyem, and Ursaring. Entry hazard setters such as Crustle and Ferroseed can help limit switching. Bulky Fighting-type Pokemon such as Gurdurr, Hariyama, and Pangoro can absorb Dark-type attacks and also benefit from Trick Room support.

Pivot
########

Moves
========

Baton Pass allows Musharna to slowly pivot out and safely bring in an appropriate check or counter. Moonlight is used for regaining Musharan's HP allows Musharna to regain some health. Thunder Wave cripples fast offensive Pokemon, while Yawn is used to put a Pokemon to sleep and to force switches. Heal Bell allows Musharna to cure itself and its teammates of status. Lastly, Psychic is a spammable STAB move.

Set Details
========

240 EVs in HP allow Musharna to hit a Leftovers number, and while the remaining EVs in Defense and a Bold nature allow Musharna to take as many physical hits as possible. Leftovers allows is used for passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Bring in Musharna on physical attacks and then use Baton Pass on the switch. When Musharna's health gets to around 60%, use Moonlight to keep its health close to full. Use Thunder Wave or Yawn on the switch to cripple opposing Pokemon. Yawn can also be used to force a Pokemon trying to set up out. If you Yawn, uUse Baton Pass on the next turn after you use Yawn to gain momentum.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that like having a Fighting-type resistant Pokemon as a partner make for good teammates, such as Pyroar, Kangaskhan, and Klinklang. Special walls such as Audino, Lickilicky, and Probopass appreciate having Musharna as a switch-in for to physical attackers. Other good teammates are entry hazard setters such as Crustle, Accelgor, and Ferroseed, as they limit switching, and bulky Fighting-type Pokemon such as Gurdurr, Hariyama, and Pangoro, as they can absorb Dark-type attacks.

Other Options
########

Dazzling Gleam is a good other option that notably hits Pangoro,; however, Signal Beam hits more targets and allows Musharna to check or counter other Psychic-type Pokemon. Barrier is another option that boosts Musharna's dDefense a lot incredibly high. Energy Ball can be used as coverage move to hit Ground- and Water-types, and Healing Wish can be used when Musharna going to be KOed is close to death to fully heal a teammate. Protect can be used to scout cChoice-locked Pokemon, Magic Coat can throw back status and hazards, and Stored Power can be used on a boosting set,; however, it requires Musharna to set up Calm Mind before it can attack effectively. Toxic can cripple opposing walls and limit the amount of turns they can stay in, and Choice Specs allows Musharna to hit hard.

Checks & Counters
########

**Dark-types**: Pokemon like Dark-types such as Liepard and Pawniard can overwhelm Musharna with their Dark-type attacks, or, depending on Musharna's set, set up (add space) on it.

**Taunt**: Taunt prevents Musharna from accomplishing the majority of its roles, thereby nullifying it.

**Status**: If Musharna is not running Heal Bell, status can quickly wear it down. However, the opposing status setter user has to be wary of Synchronize.

**Trick**: Pokemon who use Trick, such as Mesprit, Rotom, and Jynx, can give Musharna a choice item and limit its Musharna's utility by only allowing it to use one move.

**Bulky Steel-types**: Pokemon such as Steelix, Probopass, and Ferroseed resists Musharna's STAB moves moves and can hit it with a Toxic and not get poisoned in return through by Synchronize.

**Entry Hazards**: Multiple layers of Spikes in combination with Stealth Rock limit the amount of times that Musharna can comfortably switch in to take attacks. It also forces Musharna to heal use Moonlight more often instead of pivoting.

GP 1/2

Last edited:

tehy

Banned deucer.
Amcheck
Nice analysis, but you keep talking about special walls liking that Musharna takes special hits, and they're all weak to fighting. Ofc you just mentioned other mons that like its fight resist, but you don't state these do. There must be some more elegant way to state this, right?

Also what do spc. walls do for it back?

Overview
########

Thanks to its large movepool and great bulk, Musharna is able to provide valuable team support, reliably heal itself with Moonlight, and perform other roles such as passing Calm Mind boosts to teammates with Baton Pass; Musharna is also bulky, and slow enough to act as a pivot. However, its low Speed is detrimental, as it can be easily outsped, and revenge killed, or shut down. It is also weak to Knock Off, which is very common., Musharna alsod faces competition from other Psychic-types, such as Mesprit and Uxie.

Calm Mind
########
move 1: Calm Mind

Moves
========

Calm Mind allows Musharna to boost its Special Attack and Special Defense. Psychic is a strong STAB move used to hit physical walls, while Psyshock is another strong STAB move used to hit opponents that are specially bulkier, which can be useful for when opponents try to boost up alongside you. Baton Pass allows Musharna to act as a pivot early-game, pass Calm Mind boosts to other teammates, and allow teammates to come in safely, as Musharna is slower than most Pokemon. Heal Bell is used to remove unwanted status and it also allows Musharna to win stall wars against Pokemon whose only reliable form of damage is status. Moonlight is used to recover Musharna's HP. Signal Beam can be used over a Psychic STAB move to hit Psychic- and Dark-types.

Set Details
========

240 HP EVs allow Musharna to hit a Leftovers number, while 252 EVs put in Defense tand a Bold nature allow Musharna to take as many physical hits as possible. A Bold nature further increases Musharna's Defense, and Synchronize allows Musharna to cripple opposing status setters., and Leftovers is used for passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

If Musharna is not using Baton Pass, then it should set up only after its checks and counters are weakened or removed. If running Baton Pass, then Musharna can function as a pivot early-game by coming in, taking a hit, and then using Baton Pass on the switch to go into an appropriate check or counter. Moonlight should be used when Musharna is around 60% health, because if its health drops any lower, Musharna can quickly become overpowered and KOed.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that like having a Pokpartnemonr that resists Fighting-types moves as a partner make for good teammates, such as Pyroar, Kangaskhan, and Klingklang, make for good teammates. Special walls such as Audino, Lickilicky, and Probopass appreciate having Musharna as a switch-in to physical attackers. Special attackers such as Xatu, Magmortar, and Pokemon that cannot use their own boosting moves appreciate Calm Mind boosts from Musharna. Bulky Fighting-type Pokemon such as Gurdurr, Hariyama, and Pangoro make for good teammates, as they can absorb Dark-type attacks.

Offensive Trick Room
########

Moves
========

Trick Room allows slow Pokemon, such as Musharna, to move first. Psychic is a strong STAB move, and Moonlight is used for recovery., and Signal Beam is used to hit Dark- and Psychic-type Pokemon. Hidden Power Ground can be used to hit Probopass and other Steel-types, while Hidden Power Fire can be used specifically for Ferroseed.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP and Special Attack EVs allow Musharna to hit hard while still being bulky. A Quiet nature is used to lower Musharna's Speed, which means Musharna is even slower and can outspeed more threats under Trick Room, and boost its Special Attack. Synchronize allows Musharna to cripple opposing status setters, and Leftovers is used for passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Team Options
========

Good teammates include other Trick Room setters such as Uxie, Carbink, and Gourgeist-XL, and other Trick Room sweepers such as Pangoro, Beheeyem, and Ursaring. Entry hazard setters such as Crustle and Ferroseed can help limit switching., and Bbulky Fighting-type Pokemon such as Gurdurr, Hariyama and Pangoro can absorb Dark-type attacks and also benefit from Trick Room support.

Pivot
########

Moves
========

Baton Pass allows Musharna to slowly pivot out and safely bring in an appropriate check or counter., and Moonlight allows Musharna to regain some health. Thunder Wave cripples fast offensive Pokemon, while Yawn is used tocan put a Pokemon to sleep and tor force switches., and Heal Bell allows Musharna to cure itself and its teammates of status. Lastly, Psychic is a spammable STAB move.

Set Details
========

240 EVs in HP allow Musharna to hit a Leftovers number, while the remaining EVs in Defense and a Bold nature allow Musharna to take as many physical hits as possible. Leftovers is used for passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Bring in Musharna on physical attacks and then use Baton Pass on the switch. When Musharna's health gets to around 60%, use Moonlight to keep its health close to full. Use Thunder Wave or Yawn on the switch to cripple opposing Pokemon. Yawn can also be used to force a Pokemon trying to set up out. Use Baton Pass after you use Yawn to gain momentum.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that like having a Fighting-type resistant Pokemon as a partner make for good teammates, such as Pyroar, Kangaskhan, and Klingklang, make for good teammates. Special walls such as Audino, Lickilicky, and Probopass appreciate having Musharna as a switch-in to physical attackers. Other good teammates are entry hazard setters such as Crustle, Accelgor, and Ferroseed, as they limit switching, and bulky Fighting-type Pokemon such as Gurdurr, Hariyama, and Pangoro as they can absorb Dark-type attacks.

Other Options
########

Dazzling Gleam is a good other option that notably hits Pangoro; however, Signal Beam hits more targets and allows Musharna to check or counter other Psychic-type Pokemon. Barrier is another option that boosts Musharna's Defense a lot. Energy Ball can be used as coverage move to hit Ground- and Water-types, and Healing Wish can be used when Musharna is going to be KOed to fully heal a teammate. Protect can be used to scout Choice-locked Pokemon, and Magic Coat can throw back status and hazards, and; Stored Power can be used on a boosting set;, thowever,ugh it requires Musharna to set up Calm Mind before it can attack effectively. Toxic can cripple opposing walls and limit the amount of turns they can stay in, and Choice Specs allows Musharna to hit hard.

Checks & Counters
########

**Dark-types**: Dark-types such as Liepard and Pawniard can overwhelm Musharna with their Dark-type attacks, or, depending on Musharna's set, set up on it.

**Status**: If Musharna is not running Heal Bell, status can quickly wear it down. However, the opposing status user has to be wary of Synchronize.

**Trick**: Pokemon who use Trick, such as Mesprit, Rotom, and Jynx, can limit Musharna's utility by only allowing it to use one move.

**Bulky Steel-types**: Pokemon such as Steelix, Probopass, and Ferroseed resist Musharna's STAB moves, and can hit it with a Toxic and not get poisoned in return by Synchronize.

**Entry Hazards**: Multiple layers of Spikes in combination with Stealth Rock limit the amount of times that Musharna can comfortably switch in to take attacks. It also forces Musharna to use Moonlight more often instead of pivoting.

Last edited:

Ares

I implemented that a while ago but forgot to reply, awaiting final check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)