Team MWP III - Discussion Thread

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Co-hosted with: Omega-Xis

Banner by Yours Truly

Welcome to the third edition of Monotype Winter Premier! This is a team tournament with a mixture of OM formats (Monotype AAA, STABmons, Monothread, LC and NatDex) and 2 SS + 1 SS Bo3. Any discussion with regards to the metagames in this tournament are welcome. Memes are also welcome, but not ones that amount to personal attacks.

The metagames are as follows:

- Monotype SS
- Monotype SS
- Monotype SS Bo3
- Monothreat
- Monotype AAA
- Monotype LC
- Monotype STABmons
- NatDex

* Monothreat's type will be announced on Sundays

Only sign up for what you are willing and able to play. If you sign up for more formats than what you are capable and willing to play, it will reflect poorly on you later. If you are going to be gone or inactive for an extensive period of time at all in the next few months, don't sign up.

The managers and assmen for the Monotype Winter Premier are as follows: [In team name order]
- Havens and In The Hills - Circhester Centiskorchers :centiskorch:
- Ridley and Moosical - Inebriated Incineroars :incineroar:
- Zap and Seo. - Milk Bagged Miltanks :miltank:
- Leru and Sabella - Mossdeep Murkrows :murkrow:
- Floss and Maple - Po Town Pandas :pangoro:
- Zar and Azelea - Tsundere Tsareenas :tsareena:
- Bondie and Mateeus - Viridian Vivillons :vivillon:
- LuckyPiper and Perish Song - Weaboo Wartortles :wartortle:

All battles have to be played on Pokémon Showdown! or Smogtours. Omega and I are not making an exception side servers.

Regular Season

The regular season will consist of 7 round robin weeks where each team will play the other 7 teams one time. There are 8 matches each round, so ties are a possibility.

Playoffs

The 4 teams with the best records will move on to the playoffs where the #1 seed will play the #4 seed and the #2 will play the #3. The two victors will move on to the finals, with the victor of that week ultimately crowned the Monotype Winter Premier Champions.

In the case of a tie, two tied teams will have their tie broken based on who won the most total games during the battling season of Monotype Winter Premier. If there is a case in which two teams tie in the amount of games won, then the tiebreaker will come down to who won their head to head matchup.

Subs

If you wish to substitute a player for an inactive one in your lineup, you must PM Omega or me to let one of us know what player you are subbing out and in. Or, please make a post highlighting both of us and the manager of the opposing team on the thread for said week that you are substituting in. If we feel that you are trying to gain an unfair advantage with your substitute, we hold the right to veto it.

Pre-Week Battling

You have substitutes for a reason. You cannot ask another manager to forfeit the advantage of having flexibility with their lineup by scheduling a game in advance because one of your players will be gone.

Trading

If you wish to trade a player, you and the manager you are trading with must both PM me confirming the player you are trading and the player you are receiving. All trades made in the Winter Premier are on a 1 for 1 basis. No 2 for 1, 3 for 1 trades, etc. Trades are final the end of the week they are conducted in. Players involved in trades must be subbed out the week they are involved in trades. For example, if it’s Week 3 and Bushtush is scheduled to play Shadestep, but Bushtush's team wishes to trade Bushtush away for someone new, Bushtush must be substituted out for another player. Bushtush is valid for slotting into the roster of his new team at the beginning of Week 4.

No trades after Week 3. Once we approve a trade, it’s done. A manager may, however, ask for a trade to be vetoed within 24 hours of the trade happening. We will review the trade as hosts and re-finalize or veto it.

Activity Decisions

There will be times when a game is not completed. In these instances, we will undertake our duty as hosts to make a thorough investigation. If both sides made no effort or have tried to make every effort but could still not make the match happen, the match will simply result in a no contest. If one side made considerably more of an effort to get the match scheduled and done, that player will be awarded a win. Here are some things you can do to ensure that you do not lose your match via activity: immediately leave your opponent a VM on their profile after you receive the highlight, do not miss you and your opponent’s schedule time, provide your opponent with concrete times when you can be reached and reply to your opponent’s VM if they contacted you before you were able to contact them. If you think you can’t do any of these things, it is likely in your best interest to not sign up.

Rule Breaking

Breaking any rule will result in an automatic loss.

Reverse Rulings

No turning back time. We are going to use the facts at hand to make a decision. If you disagree with a ruling, you have to appeal it immediately. We are not going to overturn decisions from weeks back.

Spreadsheet (Records/Standings):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nmQ48Zz8civ7FRh-SvBN1RHY4/edit#gid=2145097083

Last edited:

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pre-season predictions based on managers (please @ me at the end of the season)

Most toxic: Tsundere Tsareenas
Best draft but without making playoffs: Mossdeep Murkrows
Worst draft: TIE between Milk Bagged Miltanks and Viridian Vivillions
Most likely to spend an exorbitant amount of money on 1 player: Weaboos Wartortles
Most likely to make playoffs due to a technicality or some bs: Viridian Vivillions
Biggest surprise (but guaranteed to lose bc their team name isnt a specific pokemon): Po Town Pandas
:blobastonished:: Circhester Centiskorchers
Luckiest team: Milk Bagged Miltanks
Worst series: Viridian Vivillians vs Weaboo Wartortles

Saltiest: maroon

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
MWP 3 Mock#1 Results

Pricelist for the mock: https://pastebin.com/2NWWW2MU

SS- MetaRiolu7
SS- TJ
SS bo3- Decem
AAA- In The Hills
STABmons- Sae
LC- Crashy
Monothreat- Bouff
NatDex- Jordy

Subs- K3ppr, Brumirage, Juleocesar, Riku Sakuraba, Maskun
SS- Gondra
SS- Calem DPU
SS Bo3- zugubu royale
NatDex- Mr.Reuniclus
AAA- Kaif
STAB- The Consort
LC- Nailec
Threat- Misaka Mikoto

Subs- ridley, moosical
SS- Eternal Spirit
SS- Vodoom
SS BO3- Kythr
STAB- Smub
AAA- 1 True Lycan
Nat Dex- Zap
LC- SEO
Threat- D2TheW

Subs- derp, devin, gray
SS- Fylkir Pudin
SS- Maki
SSBO3- Leru
STAB- Power
AAA- Ssalbap
Nat Dex- Isza
LC- Sabella
Threat- Koalacance

Subs: The architect, yami, Cookies, hys, Adjustments
SS- Wanka
SS- Floss
SS Bo3- dahli
NatDex- Maple
AAA- Andyboy
STAB- Catalystic
LC- izaya
Threat- Nat

Subs- dflo, vivalospride
SS Bo3 - Conflux
SS - Feliburn
SS - EviGaro
NatDex - Attribute
AAA - Kaguya Lys
STAB - Quantum Tesseract
LC - Xiri
Threat - Toxanex

Subs - Dieu Amphibien, yedla, Lilburr
SS- Feitan the steam
SS- Sensei Axew
SS BO3- Maroon
NatDex- Kev
AAA- Namranan
STAB- Splash
LC- Jolly Togekiss
Threat- Avarice

Subs- LaPatateDouce, Mateeus
SS- Lax
SS- BushTush
BO3- Harpp
STAB- Perish Song
AAA- Shiba
NATDEX- LuckyPiper
LC- TKO
THREAT- iLlama
Subs- Prof.Otaku, FU SHUN HA, Trouser Snakes, Mannat

Hello

In an effort to spice up the discussion thread, I'm here to bring up the popular DO NOT DRAFT LIST!
Just kidding, will leave that to the monotype bullies. Instead, I'd like to discuss some popular CG Mono picks going into the draft, how I view them as players, and some notes about them at the end. Also, I know most of you personally, so please try to separate our interactions with how well I think you can play Pokemon.

My first time hearing about Maki was when I saw he got picked up for Attributes MPL5 team. I didn't understand why at the time, but after watching him play I had a better understanding. Maki was a calm, collected, under the radar pick that showed his worth with an impressive 3-0 record in his very first monotype team tour. My opinion on "good" Monotype players have always been questionable, but Maki has caught my attention in a great light as a potential top tier CG Monotype Pick.
However, not everything I think about him is positive either. While I do admit he has a high skill ceiling, he also can hit drastic lows(Think of kid Gohan from DBZ). Also, take into account his opponents during MPL 5 weren't exactly what you'd call stellar. This year he will be playing more games against much better players in his pool. His team environment will also play a huge role in his success, seeing he was around great support in Attribute/Leru/Confluxx.
Notes: This tour will tell how good he is for sure, as for his price tag? 15-20K

After his game with Floss in DLC1 seasonal finals, it was clear that these two guys would be the new break out players for CG Mono. However, his season didn't indicate his price tag. I didn't watch much of his games so I can't really judge how well he played, but it seemed rough. Regardless of that, his support for his MPL team had them at #1-2 seed for the first couple of weeks of that tournament, so I'll give him that. As for being the "star" player for a team, that in itself is a bit questionable now. His building at the moment though is unmatched in my personal opinion, and keep in mind he's the one that tutored Maki.
Notes: If his playing improves and his building stays consistent, I see him as a top 5 pick this tour. Price tag? 16k-20k(or a little more)

Alot of people will call me crazy for this, but I believe attribute is the #1 support player to get in this tournament (Assuming Chaitanya doesn't sign up) He plays all the OMS, and has stayed up to date with CG Mono, as for his playing ability? Well... it's interesting because year after year he improves as a player and as a builder. But somehow his records get worse and don't get me wrong we all have bad tours. But after a certain amount, some sort of accountability has to be shown. Most of his games aren't really his fault though, so I can't say his record means everything. He's still a step behind the big dogs though in Feitan, Lycan, Zap, and Chait in playing ability. But his support outmatches 3/4, and I think these types of players are what win monotype team tours. Record aside as well, he's better than most of the pool realistically so take that as you will.
Notes: Good player, Great builder, but needs to step it up when playing the big guys. Price tag? 18-23k

Going to keep this short because I don't have much to add, but my opinion on this dude outranks the other 3. His playing has always been solid, and he was a huge part of the success that the gengars had in MPL5 from the building side. I've also never beaten him, which raises his stock in my eyes. Ironically. His flaws have nothing to do with pokemon. What will your motivation be leading up to this tournament? That's the only questionable factor for me. Stay around and I'm sure you'll be nothing short of fantastic.
Notes: Might want to be around friends? Not too sure if he builds anymore, but his playing is one of the best in the tournament pool for sure. Price Tag? 22k-30k

Last edited:
Hello

In an effort to spice up the discussion thread, I'm here to bring up the popular DO NOT DRAFT LIST!
Just kidding, will leave that to the monotype bullies. Instead, I'd like to discuss some popular CG Mono picks going into the draft, how I view them as players, and some notes about them at the end. Also, I know most of you personally, so please try to separate our interactions with how well I think you can play Pokemon.

My first time hearing about Maki was when I saw he got picked up for Attributes MPL5 team. I didn't understand why at the time, but after watching him play I had a better understanding. Maki was a calm, collected, under the radar pick that showed his worth with an impressive 3-0 record in his very first monotype team tour. My opinion on "good" Monotype players have always been questionable, but Maki has caught my attention in a great light as a potential top tier CG Monotype Pick.
However, not everything I think about him is positive either. While I do admit he has a high skill ceiling, he also can hit drastic lows(Think of kid Gohan from DBZ). Also, take into account his opponents during MPL 5 weren't exactly what you'd call stellar. This year he will be playing more games against much better players in his pool. His team environment will also play a huge role in his success, seeing he was around great support in Attribute/Leru/Confluxx.
Notes: This tour will tell how good he is for sure, as for his price tag? 15-20K

After his game with Floss in DLC1 seasonal finals, it was clear that these two guys would be the new break out players for CG Mono. However, his season didn't indicate his price tag. I didn't watch much of his games so I can't really judge how well he played, but it seemed rough. Regardless of that, his support for his MPL team had them at #1-2 seed for the first couple of weeks of that tournament, so I'll give him that. As for being the "star" player for a team, that in itself is a bit questionable now. His building at the moment though is unmatched in my personal opinion, and keep in mind he's the one that tutored Maki.
Notes: If his playing improves and his building stays consistent, I see him as a top 5 pick this tour. Price tag? 16k-20k(or a little more)

Alot of people will call me crazy for this, but I believe attribute is the #1 support player to get in this tournament (Assuming Chaitanya doesn't sign up) He plays all the OMS, and has stayed up to date with CG Mono, as for his playing ability? Well... it's interesting because year after year he improves as a player and as a builder. But somehow his records get worse and don't get me wrong we all have bad tours. But after a certain amount, some sort of accountability has to be shown. Most of his games aren't really his fault though, so I can't say his record means everything. He's still a step behind the big dogs though in Feitan, Lycan, Zap, and Chait in playing ability. But his support outmatches 3/4, and I think these types of players are what win monotype team tours. Record aside as well, he's better than most of the pool realistically so take that as you will.
Notes: Good player, Great builder, but needs to step it up when playing the big guys. Price tag? 18-23k

Going to keep this short because I don't have much to add, but my opinion on this dude outranks the other 3. His playing has always been solid, and he was a huge part of the success that the gengars had in MPL5 from the building side. I've also never beaten him, which raises his stock in my eyes. Ironically. His flaws have nothing to do with pokemon. What will your motivation be leading up to this tournament? That's the only questionable factor for me. Stay around and I'm sure you'll be nothing short of fantastic.
Notes: Might want to be around friends? Not too sure if he builds anymore, but his playing is one of the best in the tournament pool for sure. Price Tag? 22k-30k

Let me fix this, Isza has been out of action for 'behavior issues' for a good half decade so his price approximations are a wee bit off.

i think he is ok
Notes: This tour will tell how good he is for sure, as for his price tag? 5-10K

Notes: If his playing improves and his building stays consistent and he doesn't decide to quit after 2 games, I see him as a top 50 pick this tour. Price tag? 6k-10k(or a little less)

"Alot of people will call me crazy for this." Indeed Isza is crazy.
Notes: Good player (apparently), Great builder, but needs to step it up when playing. the big guys. Price tag? 8-13k (but will probably end up going for more to like mateeus's team or something

best player in the draft probably, easily will get excellent value for a couple of weeks, after that who knows
Notes: Might want to be around friends? Not too sure if he builds anymore, but his playing is one of the best in the tournament pool for sure. Price Tag? 22k-30k (this one is okay if you get him for the whole tournament) I don't think he's quitting this time around though

Bonus:

apparently this guy gets hyped by some clowns? idk why just tell him its a money match and it's an automatic dub
negative on the sheet ✔
caught alting ✔
gone for half a decade ✔
never won a money match ✔
Notes: Might want to be around friends? Not too sure if he builds anymore, but his playing is one of the most questionable in the tournament pool for sure. Price Tag? 5k-8k

Floss

never forgotten
is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Leader
MWP 3 Mock#4 Results

1605899619282.png

Pricelist for the mock: https://pastebin.com/0reNuSVi

SS: Eternal Spirit
SS: Havens
SS BO3: Dflo
NatDex: Harpp
AAA: Smub
STAB: Zugubu Royale
LC: Nailec
Threat: Kev
Subs: memomiguel, derpeddeath
SS: Ridley
SS: Splash
SS Bo3: Bushtush
NatDex: Le LLiolae
AAA: Andyboy
STAB: betathunder
LC: Got Cookies
Threat: torkool
Subs: Shiba, TJ, Quantum Tesseract
SS: Isza
SS: Feliburn
SS BO3: Vodoom
NatDex: Gondra
AAA: Ssalbap
STAB: Zap
LC: tko
Threat: Dieu Amphibien
Subs: seo, devin
SS: Attribute
SS: Xiri
SS BO3: Leru
NatDex: Maroon
AAA: Metariolu7
STAB: Izaya
LC: Sabella
Threat: Bouff
Subs: TheArchitect_, Skysolo
SS: Floss
SS: Sensei Axew
SS BO3: DugZa
NatDex: Trichotomy
AAA: Catalystic
STAB: Sae
LC: czim
Threat: ToxaNex
Subs: taide, avarice
SS: Wanka
SS: Evigaro
SS BO3: Chaitanya
NatDex: Decem
AAA: Pandadoux
STAB: Vivalospride
LC: Plas
Threat: Nat
Subs: Its Choco Bitch, kythr, Jolly Togekiss
SS: lax
SS: Conflux
SS BO3: dahli
NatDex: Mateeus
AAA: yedla
STAB: power
LC: Expulso
Threat: D2TheW
Subs: koalacancee, LaPatateDouce
SS: Maki
SS: Adjustments
SS BO3: Feitan the Steam
NatDex: Kaguya Lys
AAA: 1 True Lycan
STAB: Fylkir Pudin
LC: Crashy
Threat: iLlama
Subs: Roxiee, Namranan

hey so this is the first time im gonna be playing in the league, so im inexperienced, is there any where i can go to find out what the tournament formats are, and how the drafts and auctions work, and do we get to pick types/ pokemon, or are they drafted or are types randomly assigned and if not can anyone give me some beginner help

Advance apologies if this is basic info

hey so this is the first time im gonna be playing in the league, so im inexperienced, is there any where i can go to find out what the tournament formats are, and how the drafts and auctions work, and do we get to pick types/ pokemon, or are they drafted or are types randomly assigned and if not can anyone give me some beginner help

Advance apologies if this is basic info
For regular SS monotype, you can consult almost any of the threads in the Monotype forum. OM Mega thread is there to give basic information on the other metagames involved in this tournament. However I think you are mistaken, this isn't a league or a draft-league. 8 managers will buy a certain number of players from this selection of signups and play in the various teams in this tournament as a team. We will follow a round robin format followed by playoffs. The draft will occur at this time. Keep up with the Discussion Thread and other MWP threads for more information. Hope I helped.

For regular SS monotype, you can consult almost any of the threads in the Monotype forum. OM Mega thread is there to give basic information on the other metagames involved in this tournament. However I think you are mistaken, this isn't a league or a draft-league. 8 managers will buy a certain number of players from this selection of signups and play in the various teams in this tournament as a team. We will follow a round robin format followed by playoffs. The draft will occur at this time. Keep up with the Discussion Thread and other MWP threads for more information. Hope I helped.
alright thx a lot, from the information at the top of the thread i figured that was the case, i just wanted to confirm, as i said i havent done a tourney like this, thx a lot for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)