Team MWP III - Discussion Thread

Similar to how Isza had some notes on players, I will post some notes about managers. Luckypiper will be first.

- He'll bring up one victory over and over again when he has never gone positive in a mono tour (I suppose there is a chance he occasionally will mix in the peachyclouds victory)
- He'll be overly cocky when he's never gone positive in a mono tour
- He'll be overly cocky when he's never won a mono tour
- He'll be overly cocky when he's never won any tour (basically if you end up on this team give up any hope of winning)
- He'll probably bring up the fact he got picked up due to playing an anime game, further lowering confidence players have in him to be a competent manager (if it can be lowered)
- Will probably draft some dude into completely inappropriate stuff and defend him till his last breath
Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 1.13.23 PM.png
(Be careful of your teammates kids)

- He'll force some child anime shit down your throats

I feel sorry for everyone that will be drafted by him, mostly for that last bit.

Happy Thanksgiving folks. If you are drafted by another team, take a moment to say thanks that it wasn't the Wartortles

Similar to how Isza had some notes on players, I will post some notes about managers. Luckypiper will be first.

- He'll bring up one victory over and over again when he has never gone positive in a mono tour (I suppose there is a chance he occasionally will mix in the peachyclouds victory)
- He'll be overly cocky when he's never gone positive in a mono tour
- He'll be overly cocky when he's never won a mono tour
- He'll be overly cocky when he's never won any tour (basically if you end up on this team give up any hope of winning)
- He'll probably bring up the fact he got picked up due to playing an anime game, further lowering confidence players have in him to be a competent manager (if it can be lowered)
- Will probably draft some dude into completely inappropriate stuff and defend him till his last breath View attachment 294693 (Be careful of your teammates kids)

- He'll force some child anime shit down your throats

I feel sorry for everyone that will be drafted by him, mostly for that last bit.

Happy Thanksgiving folks. If you are drafted by another team, take a moment to say thanks that it wasn't the Wartortles
Facts

Congrats to everyone drafted!

Chat logs: https://pastebin.com/f82dJcyN
Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 3.04.22 PM.png

If you didn't get drafted, it's not the end of the road. Keep playing more tournaments and continue to get your name out there, I guarantee you'll get your chance eventually. I'm always available to talk if you want advice, and I know most managers and established players will be willing to talk as well.

Good luck to all teams!

Last edited:
Eh didn’t make it in big shocker I know

If you want to practice Mono LC give me a holler as that’s the only tier I really wanted to play this tour.

I have almost one team per type so if you want to practice then I will do it for you, hit me up on either cord, Smogon or Showdown itself when I’m on. I would more than likely be happy to play you unless I’m busy

Hey all. Congrats to everyone that got picked. I didn’t get picked but I’m not all that surprised considering this was my first time signing up for one of these. If anyone needs someone to practice against feel free to give me a shout. I’m a top 50 on the ladder nat dex monotype player with a bunch of teams to battle with to help anyone out with matchups, team building or anything! This tournament is gonna be a fun one to watch

maki

uri duri naranhi
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Let us bathe in glory before Namranan's triumphant appearance in the esteemed MWP with an ode describing his journey of becoming a hero.
The Demons... They mock me... They make me feel... worthless Chained by the shackles of suffering, will I ever know freedom again? The ravens are crowing... judgement day approaches... I'm running out of time... The world is burning... Brimstone and ashes swirl around me... I dance, knowing that I cannot escape the rapture My tears flow but infuriate me... Why am I so weak, why can't I be free... The sky darkens... Blood Rains... I lick my lips and enjoy the pain... The darkness... It closes in... It leaves me in... Agony... The vultures cackle as they circle me... My fate sealed, I lie in wait The demons dine on what's left of my free will... I can't do anything but watch as my soul is split across their plates... A soul for a chance at glory and fame... The demons promised... A price I know now is never worth it I AM THE STORM THAT IS APPROACHING... PROVOKING... BLACK CLOUDS IN ISOLATION...

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Let us bathe in glory before Namranan's triumphant appearance in the esteemed MWP with an ode describing his journey of becoming a hero.
The Demons... They mock me... They make me feel... worthless Chained by the shackles of suffering, will I ever know freedom again? The ravens are crowing... judgement day approaches... I'm running out of time... The world is burning... Brimstone and ashes swirl around me... I dance, knowing that I cannot escape the rapture My tears flow but infuriate me... Why am I so weak, why can't I be free... The sky darkens... Blood Rains... I lick my lips and enjoy the pain... The darkness... It closes in... It leaves me in... Agony... The vultures cackle as they circle me... My fate sealed, I lie in wait The demons dine on what's left of my free will... I can't do anything but watch as my soul is split across their plates... A soul for a chance at glory and fame... The demons promised... A price I know now is never worth it I AM THE STORM THAT IS APPROACHING... PROVOKING... BLACK CLOUDS IN ISOLATION...

was it worth it Namranan

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
The Managers... They mock me... They make me feel... worthless
Chained by the shackles of my pricetag, will I ever know freedom again?
My teammates are crowing... week 1 approaches... I'm running out of time...
The tour is burning... Brimstone and ashes swirl around me... I build, knowing that I cannot escape the rapture
My tears flow but infuriate me... Why am I so expensive, why can't I be cheap...
Pokemon Showdown goes to dark mode... Water teams Rain... I test my teams and enjoy the pain...
The freeze... It closes in... It leaves me in... Agony...
My opponents cackle as they circle me... My fate sealed, I lie in wait
My managers dine in on what's left of my free will... I can't do anything but watch as my teambuilder is split across their plates...
A bid for a chance at glory and fame... My manager promised 35k... A price I know now is never worth it
I AM THE OVERPAY THAT IS APPROACHING... PROVOKING... PLAYING MONOTYPE IN ISOLATION...

I would have liked to have been chosen but nothing :/
Anyway in my opinion 3 teams have absolutely the best players:
3 Pandas
2 Incineroars
and the best one
1 Vivillions
Have fun everybody
Did I write something funny? So many reactions laughing without reason. Is it funny that I would liked to take part to the tour or is it funny my prediction? This forum confirms itself as an asshole prize race. Good continuation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)