My 2nd RMT; UU. (no snappy name for my team =/)

My 2nd RMT; Jynxed!(UU)

Like the title suggests, this is my second RMT, and it's a UU team.
The sort of "main Focus" of the team is racking up some entry damage and finishing with a great late game sweep by Jynx
*I have no ides how to get the export to text tex on this page, so sorry in advance for any mistakes*

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs:252SpA/252Spe/6HP
Timid(+Spe,-Atk)
-Spikes
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Destiny Bond

Purpose: Lead supporter with Spikes. The focus sash ensures me atleast 1 layer of spikes(since theres no auto weather in UU). Focus Sash is also just an all around handy item for surviving super effective scarf leads and OHKOing, and giving it some durability. It also works well with Destiny Bond, as most people want to attack right away at something with 1HP, and Froslass definitely has the speed to pull it off

Rapidash@ Wide Lens
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs:242Atk/252Spe/16SpA (need a suggestion for a better set)
Hasty(+Spe,-SpD)
-Flare Blitz
-Hypnosis
-Megahorn
-Overheat

Purpose: Mixed Sweeper. Wide lens help out with the shaky accuracy of the first three moves. Hypnosis is always useful to incapacitate a pokemon. Flare Blitz is the main STAB here, with megahorn provide more coverage,albeit shallow, and use after the recoil would kill me. Overheat functions for the same reason and scores a strong hit on some primarily defensive pokemon like Aggron and for use when i dont want the sting of recoil damage

Claydol@ leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs:252HP/144Def/114SpA
Bold(+Def, -Atk)
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Earth Power
-Shadow Ball

Purpose: Basic Utility set. The best spinner in UU, which really helps since most of my team takes 25% from SR. He can come in, not caring for entry hazzards, and dispose of them while setting up some rocks for me. Shadow Ball chosen for the great hit on Rotom

1. Meganium@ leftovers
Ability:Overgrow
EV's: 200Atk/58Def/252Spe(help?)
Jolly(+Spe,-SpA)
-Swords Dance
-Aromatherapy/Grasswhistle
-Seed Bomb
-EQ
or
Meganium@ leftovers
Ability:Overgrow
EV's:216Hp/148Def/144SpA
Bold(+Def,-Atk)
-Energy Ball
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Aromatherapy

I've been experimenting a bit with both of those, although I only just started using the SD set. The first set is grerat for the surprise factor, and functions pretty well as an attacker, switching in to choiced Hitmon pokemon. The def EVs help keep it alive and well enough to SD. Aromatherapy is what sets it apart from Venusaur, as a cleric always helps;although I'm debating as to whether to use grasswhistle, although the accuracy is really offputting.EQ is very helpful to hit Nintales and not get walled by other Grass/Poisons and Steel/Rocks
The second set I had been using for a while with mixed results. Its a standard subseed, with pretty bulky defences. The problem I encountered usually was being helpless on a Ninetales switch in, and being walled by other grass types. But it still functioned very well, and is a more reliable cleric

Noctowl@ leftovers
Ability:Insomnia
EVs:252HP/204SpD/48SpA/6Spe
Calm(+SpD,-Atk)
-Whirlwind
-Psycho Shift
-Roost
-Heatwave

Purpose: Phazer. Noctowl is, IMO, the best of second best whirlwinder in UU. And finding reason to use my favorite pokemon is what caused me to make this team. Noctowl is very bulky and takes special hets very well, even STAB Rotom thunderbolts might not get the 2KO. His main goal is to phaze and rack up lots of SR and Spikes damage. Psycho Shift is to fire back toxics from bulky water and shoot back wil-o wisps from Weezing/Rotom, and just helps take out threats quicker. I really dont like using Night Shade, so I went for heatwave so I'm not comptletely walled by steels and can actually probably beat Gyroball Steelix in a 1-1. I used air slash before, but the hits on steels is worth the 7BP loss and the loss on fighting types(which will usually KO me quickly anyways with stone edge)

Jynx@ Focus Sash/Leftovers
Ability:Forewarn
EVs:252SpA/252Spe/6SpD
Timid(+Spe,-Atk)
-Calm Mind
-Lovely Kiss
-Ice Beam
-Psychic

Purpose: Ah Jynx, the main muscle behind the team and a deadly late game sweeper, often taking out three or four pokemon. Its the standard Luna set, but with psychic over substitute as I dont want anything surviving its onslaught, and psychic cover fires and water that could KO me. The team is built is built really to allow Jynx a clean sweep; Claydol clears damaging rocks, Meganium keeps it status free, Noctowl passes around damage to most of the other team, and Rapidash can give a free switch in with hypnosis. After switching in, sleep or calm mind and proceed to kill.I'm debating over focus sash and lefties, FS nearly guaruntees a setup, but leties make sit more durable

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UU threatlist and how theyre covered:

Persian-Usually a big annoyance, no specific counter
Venomoth-Rapidash, Froslass both outpeed
Ninetales-Rapidash with FF, megahorn does a solid 28%
Hitmontop/chan/lee- Jynx, Meganium
Aggron-Meganium, Noctowl,Claydol
Venusaur-Rapidash, Noctowl arent damaged much even by leaf storm
Blastoise-Jynx, Meganium take surfs with a breeze
Weezing-Jynx's psychic, although flamethrower is threat
Clefable- A real bitch, Rapidash usually does best and Jynx can calm mind for a while
Rotom-A minor issue, Jynx and Meganium do well
Vileplume-Jynx, Noctowl
Rain dancers(Gorebyss, Omastar, Kabutops ect)-Energy ball Meganium destroys Kabutops, Froslass
Claydol-Claydol himself, Meganium, Jynx. Rapidash with megahorn 2KOs
Steelix- Noictowl can roost stall and heatwave, Jynx CM ice beam ohkos
Absol-Jynx outspeeds, sleeps or KOs. Megahorn OHKOs
Flareon-Claydol kind of
Glaceon-Jynx sets up on specs ice beam, Rapidash OHKOs
Leafeon-Rapidash, Froslass, Jynx(sleep), Noctowl
Drapion-Can be a pain, Claydol doesnt enjoy night slash but has earth power and Meganium cant take cross poison, but has EQ
Drifblim-Froslass anhiliates leads, Jynx also
Gastrodon-Meganium, Jynx can set up
Quagsire-Meganium
Golduck- Meganium, Jynx CMs better
Hypno-Rapidash and Claydol
Kangaskhan-No specific counter...
Lanturn-Meganium takes everything from lanturn
Lapras-Rapidash and Meganium maybe
Nido-duo-Froslass take out queen leads, Jynx KOs both
Poliwrath-Meganium
Shedinja-Rapidash, Noctowl, Claydol

:toast:Thanks for reading:toast::toast:

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really like the team, but I think it coud be improved a bit.

First off, on your Rapidash, you're not really using the best mixed set that you could. In fact, if you're going to use a mixed set, you should really be using

Rapidash@ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Spe / 252 SpA (need a suggestion for a better set)
Hasty(+Spe,-SpD)
-Fire Blast
-Hypnosis
-Double-Edge
-Hidden Power [Grass]

This is the set taken from the analysis, and it's there for a reason. Fire Blast and HP Grass make up a good offensvie combination, and Double-Edge hits Hypno / Grumpig / Altaria for heavy nuetral damage. It also keeps Ninetales from being able to completely wall you to oblivion which is important considering how weak you are to Ninetales. I know it's tempting to use Flare Blitz, but it's largely unnecessary considering the Pokemon you're going to be hitting with your Fire attack are more weak on the Special side.

--------------------

I think your team could benifit from the Swords dancer set, however if you're going to use a Swords Dancing Grass type, you might as well go with Leafeon as it does the job leagues better, but with more Speed.

Leafeon@ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

-Leaf Blade
-Return
-X-Scissor
-Swords Dance

I like this set because it fixes your teams lack of offense, and can really pack a punch. That and you already have a great switch-in to all of its counters since you have Rapidash. It should serve you well.

------------------

If you're going with one attack Noctowl, it's best to use Night Shade. It provides consistant damage, and you shouldn't have to worry too much about opposing Normal types, as the most common one is Clefable (who you're not doing much to with Heat Wave either).

-----------------

In terms of item choice on your Jynx, I would actually recommend Life Orb. It will give you the necessary power to break through walls during your sweep. It's really the best option.

I really like the team, but I think it coud be improved a bit.

First off, on your Rapidash, you're not really using the best mixed set that you could. In fact, if you're going to use a mixed set, you should really be using

Rapidash@ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Spe / 252 SpA (need a suggestion for a better set)
Hasty(+Spe,-SpD)
-Fire Blast
-Hypnosis
-Double-Edge
-Hidden Power [Grass]

This is the set taken from the analysis, and it's there for a reason. Fire Blast and HP Grass make up a good offensvie combination, and Double-Edge hits Hypno / Grumpig / Altaria for heavy nuetral damage. It also keeps Ninetales from being able to completely wall you to oblivion which is important considering how weak you are to Ninetales. I know it's tempting to use Flare Blitz, but it's largely unnecessary considering the Pokemon you're going to be hitting with your Fire attack are more weak on the Special side.

--------------------

I think your team could benifit from the Swords dancer set, however if you're going to use a Swords Dancing Grass type, you might as well go with Leafeon as it does the job leagues better, but with more Speed.

Leafeon@ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

-Leaf Blade
-Return
-X-Scissor
-Swords Dance

I like this set because it fixes your teams lack of offense, and can really pack a punch. That and you already have a great switch-in to all of its counters since you have Rapidash. It should serve you well.

------------------

If you're going with one attack Noctowl, it's best to use Night Shade. It provides consistant damage, and you shouldn't have to worry too much about opposing Normal types, as the most common one is Clefable (who you're not doing much to with Heat Wave either).

-----------------

In terms of item choice on your Jynx, I would actually recommend Life Orb. It will give you the necessary power to break through walls during your sweep. It's really the best option.
I'll probably take the Jynx advice.

On Noctowl: I never really liked night shade, but I'll try. The reason is that Clefable is my absolute least favorite thing in UU, and I hate gettig walled by it. And i dont really do much attacking in the first place with him =/

On Meganium: Im thinking about just keeping it over Leafeon because aromatherapy is VERY useful, especially to get rid of paralysis which makes Rapidash and Jynx's jobs impossible

On Rapidash:Losing Flare Blitz would actually be really helpful, it always keeps me down. The set needs work, Speed is nessesary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)